New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLII: The Dice Make Fools of Us All

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Nobody makes you do anything. That's the trick.
    You can still use Tactical Marines. There actually isn't anything stopping you from using Tactical Marines. Why are you mad?
    Wrong, they made all the Ork players have to rebase their 100+ Ork boys onto 32mm bases so they could justify a 5 dollar price change on the box.

And if it turns into a Tactical vs Primaris problem, well, you know exactly how that goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, it's 9th Ed. Nobody's army should feature even close to 100 models ever again.
    Uh

What? Top tyranid lists at the moment are something like 40 Hormagaunts and 30-60 Termagants. Drukhari causing them to pivot to 60 Termagants instead of a Dimachaeron.

Genestealer Cults have no elite infantry units to pivot to. They can't, as a concept, get away from spam.

And Imperial Guard not having masses of infantry seems deeply, deeply wrong.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone else think that Imperial flyer on the cover of Wrath of Angels (Day 4) looks like a Battlestar: Galactica Viper knock-off?

As far as the orks, it's nice that they're painting them in brighter greens, I guess.

Looking at the map of Ghur... what exactly are we looking at? Did someone terraform Warhammer World to look like a pair of chaos beasts attacking each other? Is that seriously what the land masses are supposed to look like?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Anyone else think that Imperial flyer on the cover of Wrath of Angels (Day 4) looks like a Battlestar: Galactica Viper knock-off?
    Not sure what pic you're referring to, but there's definitely an Imp. Flyer that's spot on BS:G. (This guy comes to mind)
    Last edited by Brookshw; 2021-05-09 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking at the map of Ghur... what exactly are we looking at? Did someone terraform Warhammer World to look like a pair of chaos beasts attacking each other? Is that seriously what the land masses are supposed to look like?
    Ghur is the Realm of Beasts, so the fact that the landmasses just might actually be giant godbeasts would be on brand.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Wrong, they made all the Ork players have to rebase their 100+ Ork boys onto 32mm bases so they could justify a 5 dollar price change on the box.
    Well, you can just buy bases. Rebasing your existing models isn't that hard, nor that expensive (comparitively).

And if it turns into a Tactical vs Primaris problem...
    Again, I don't know to what problem you are referring to.
    I can still use Tactical Marines and Scouts, and almost all other Firstborn units. Any implication that I can't, is by the consumer, and therefore not true.

The real problem is Legends'ing stuff. No-one ever re-brings that up constantly. Even though it proves that there's a Sword of Damocles hanging over every unit you've ever loved.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2021-05-09 at 06:11 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    Not sure what pic you're referring to, but there's definitely an Imp. Flyer that's spot on BS:G. (This guy comes to mind)
    Spoiler: The wings look shorter in this shot
    Show

Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: The wings look shorter in this shot
    Show

Seems like it's the angle, either way I agree on the BS:G appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Halfling in the Playground

This is more of an Age of Sigmar thread thing, but...
    the Old World BECAME the Twin Tailed Comet, renamed Mallus, just the metallic core of the planet, that now hangs over Sigmar's palace city on the Realm of Azyr (alongside one of it's two moons, Mannslieb).

Ghur is one of the 8 Realms that were discovered and repopulated. Ghur specifically is the Land of Beasts, a land of savagery, conflict, hunger, brutality. The idea is that even the very continents are locked in a cannibalistic battle of supremacy, devouring each other.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    Uh

What? Top tyranid lists at the moment are something like 40 Hormagaunts and 30-60 Termagants. Drukhari causing them to pivot to 60 Termagants instead of a Dimachaeron.
    I looked that up. Can't find what you're talking about. I see 40-60 Hormagaunts or 40-60 Termagants. I can't find a list with both units. Mostly I'm finding Tyranid Warriors and Rippers, because Tyranid Troops are trash.

I think the bigger problem is that high-tier Tyranid Lists are utterly reliant on Forge World units.

However, I did find a few 100+ model Ork armies. 90 (3x30, for a Battalion) Boyz + MSU everything else gets you to about 110 models, in a 9th Ed. Ork army. So I'll take that back.
    Tyranids? ...No. Not the same.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2021-05-10 at 10:06 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

11. - Top - End - #431

I looked that up. Can't find what you're talking about. I see 40-60 Hormagaunts or 40-60 Termagants. I can't find a list with both units. Mostly I'm finding Tyranid Warriors and Rippers, because Tyranid Troops are trash.

I think the bigger problem is that high-tier Tyranid Lists are utterly reliant on Forge World units.

However, I did find a few 100+ model Ork armies. 90 (3x30, for a Battalion) Boyz + MSU everything else gets you to about 110 models, in a 9th Ed. Ork army. So I'll take that back.
    Tyranids? ...No. Not the same.
    It's the Colin Sherman/John Lennon Double Dimacharon list that swept the Salt Classic GT end of February.

Spoiler: The List
    Show

Hive Fleet Kronos patrol:

Neurothrope (symbiostorm) 95

3x Rippers 36

10 Hormagaunts 60

6x Hive Guard (Impaler Cannons, Enhanced resistance) 270

Exocrine 170

Hive Fleet Kraken Battalion

The Swarmlord (Catalyst, Paroxysm, Warlord: no trait) 270

Hive Tyrant (Wings, Adrenal Glands, Rending Claws, Devourers, Onslaught, Psychic Scream) 210

10 Hormagaunts 60

20 Hormagaunts 120

30 Termagants (30 Devourers) 210

Lictor 37

Dimachaeron 230

Dimachaeron (Accelerated Digestion) 230

Lennon mentioned in his podcast that if he were to run this list in a post-Drukhari meta, he'd be dropping the non-Accelerated Digestion Dimachaeron for a second Devilgant bomb if he was going to be playing 'Nids. That's 10 Kronos Hormagaunts, 30 Kraken Hormagaunts, and 30 Kraken Termagants to start. Total of 92 models for this tournament winning list.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Barbarian in the Playground

Since orks have been mentioned, I have been summoned to ask another silly question.

By Battlescribe, Nob Bikerz are 30ppm (40ppm with Klaws) and Meganobz are...I think 38ppm stock. I had heard that people were using Meganobz a lot for things, since they're 3W, 2+.

My question is this: Is the extra 10" of movement on the Bikerz worth only having 4+ saves for functionally the same price? Are people using them, and I just don't hear about it because generally no one is bothered by what orks are up to?
    Getting into combat on turn 1 isn't too difficult for Evil Suns bikes (14+2" move, 1d6+1" advance, 2d6+1" rerolling charge, average threat range 28.5" before rerolls), and Meganobz don't have any T1 delivery systems I'm aware of. Unless Da Jump lands, but that's only one unit.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hootman View Post
    Since orks have been mentioned, I have been summoned to ask another silly question.

By Battlescribe, Nob Bikerz are 30ppm (40ppm with Klaws) and Meganobz are...I think 38ppm stock. I had heard that people were using Meganobz a lot for things, since they're 3W, 2+.

My question is this: Is the extra 10" of movement on the Bikerz worth only having 4+ saves for functionally the same price? Are people using them, and I just don't hear about it because generally no one is bothered by what orks are up to?
    Getting into combat on turn 1 isn't too difficult for Evil Suns bikes (14+2" move, 1d6+1" advance, 2d6+1" rerolling charge, average threat range 28.5" before rerolls), and Meganobz don't have any T1 delivery systems I'm aware of. Unless Da Jump lands, but that's only one unit.
    They're 35 in Codex, 30 in Forgeworld. The Munitorium Field Manual is still bad.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Well I'm not sure how well they'd operate against Drukhari. Probably be better than Meganobs actually, though they'd get absolutely melted by Liquifiers.

Anyways, I'd say they were worse, because Meganobs did a lot of sitting on Objectives, and being tougher mattered a lot for that. Also Meganobs have a stratagem to boost their damage which is also really important.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #435

Griffon

Rules for Morvehn Vahl - the recently revealed Sisters of Battle High-Abbess-in-Baby Carrier - have been teased on WarCom.

I'm seeing Primarch-lite. If she costs less than 400pts, I will be a little bit surprised; if she's under 350pts I'll be amazed. Do SoB's need a top-heavy HQ or Lord of War? Neat, but without Psykery to match her up to Mortarion or Magnus I think she's going to be hard to justify.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

16. - Top - End - #436
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    They're 35 in Codex, 30 in Forgeworld. The Munitorium Field Manual is still bad.
    The same unit, with the same stats, exists in two different places? With different costs? That's...baffling. I would understand if my numbers were just out of date in the basic sense, but you seem to be suggesting something quite different.

That 5pt bump does make a considerable dent in their affordability, assuming you never planned on giving the Megaz a Trukk to ride in...

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well I'm not sure how well they'd operate against Drukhari. Probably be better than Meganobs actually, though they'd get absolutely melted by Liquifiers.

Anyways, I'd say they were worse, because Meganobs did a lot of sitting on Objectives, and being tougher mattered a lot for that. Also Meganobs have a stratagem to boost their damage which is also really important.
    I see. Being slow is less of an issue if you can play king of the hill effectively instead of being aggressive. And the damage boost for clutch punches does make sense as a selling point. I wish the guns on Bikerz mattered. They've always been my favorite way of just dumping dakka down range before a charge, but with orks never having AP-anything guns and half the things in the game getting extra wounds, they're much less fun than they used to be.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

I see. Being slow is less of an issue if you can play king of the hill effectively instead of being aggressive. And the damage boost for clutch punches does make sense as a selling point. I wish the guns on Bikerz mattered. They've always been my favorite way of just dumping dakka down range before a charge, but with orks never having AP-anything guns and half the things in the game getting extra wounds, they're much less fun than they used to be.
    The guns would matter for a different army to be fair. Mass shots are important. But Orks have that in abundance already so the guns more come off as redundant on the bikers.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Rules for Morvehn Vahl - the recently revealed Sisters of Battle High-Abbess-in-Baby Carrier - have been teased on WarCom.

I'm seeing Primarch-lite. If she costs less than 400pts, I will be a little bit surprised; if she's under 350pts I'll be amazed. Do SoB's need a top-heavy HQ or Lord of War? Neat, but without Psykery to match her up to Mortarion or Magnus I think she's going to be hard to justify.
    Not one that's that expensive no. Hell, Celestine, at her much lower price, was a bit of an ask. Its just that she was really, really useful so we paid it.

Also 4++ and 4++ for Motal Wounds. Oh lovely we're continuing that trend.

Aaaaand she stole Gazghkull's schtick. Brain misfire, please ignore

Sigh. Every time I look at her I'm like, "you were this close to just having someone use the old Power Armor from Inquisitor!" but then we had to make a baby carrier. And put a High Lord in it. For reasons.

Spoiler: The Armor in question
    Show

Like...scaling that up wouldn't be that silly! they'd be inside. SAFE!

Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2021-05-10 at 05:55 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439

Griffon

I may have pulled those numbers directly out of my butt - I was just reading down the list of Things that she has got, all her weapons have two modes, two different buffs, ways to halve incoming and double out-going damage and was really impressed... But then I realised just what I was comparing her to in the case of Magnus, and she ain't a Primarch. Not even a 30k Primarch, in some cases.

As for the big, baroque Inquisitor armour, I agree with you. Put her in a big, gnarly-looking "Centurion-style" suit and cover is in studs and purity seals and I will love it. Still, there's still the vague rumour of a Codex: Agents of the Imperium that resurfaces every so often - a joint Inquisition/Assassins/Sisters of Silence may yet come to pass, though hope for minis is probably quite scarce.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2021-05-10 at 04:34 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Not one that's that expensive no. Hell, Celestine, at her much lower price, was a bit of an ask. Its just that she was really, really useful so we paid it.

Also 4++ and 4++ for Motal Wounds. Oh lovely we're continuing that trend.

Aaaaand she stole Gazghkull's schtick.

Sigh. Every time I look at her I'm like, "you were this close to just having someone use the old Power Armor from Inquisitor!" but then we had to make a baby carrier. And put a High Lord in it. For reasons.

Spoiler: The Armor in question
    Show

Like...scaling that up wouldn't be that silly! they'd be inside. SAFE!

What schtick? She doesn't have 4 wounds per phase, she doesn't have advance and charge, she doesn't have +1 attack. So what specifically are you referring to?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    What schtick? She doesn't have 4 wounds per phase, she doesn't have advance and charge, she doesn't have +1 attack. So what specifically are you referring to?
    Sorry, forgot that Gazghkull doesn't halve damage a while after I wrote that and never got around to fixing it. So ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I may have pulled those numbers directly out of my butt - I was just reading down the list of Things that she has got, all her weapons have two modes, two different buffs, ways to halve incoming and double out-going damage and was really impressed... But then I realised just what I was comparing her to in the case of Magnus, and she ain't a Primarch. Not even a 30k Primarch, in some cases.

As for the big, baroque Inquisitor armour, I agree with you. Put her in a big, gnarly-looking "Centurion-style" suit and cover is in studs and purity seals and I will love it. Still, there's still the vague rumour of a Codex: Agents of the Imperium that resurfaces every so often - a joint Inquisition/Assassins/Sisters of Silence may yet come to pass, though hope for minis is probably quite scarce.
    The funny part is, you could leave the suit she is currently in exactly the same, except move her back so she's completely inside and I'd probably be fine with it.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2021-05-10 at 05:56 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Banned

The funny part is, you could leave the suit she is currently in exactly the same, except move her back so she's completely inside and I'd probably be fine with it.
    Would you? She looks like a Protectorate warjack but less stylish.

The Chapter Master aura is neat, but it'll be all up to slot and costs. Hopefully she is not a LoW.

23. - Top - End - #443

She'll probably be a Supreme Commander, so as to be eligible for a Supreme Command detachment.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Would you? She looks like a Protectorate warjack but less stylish.

The Chapter Master aura is neat, but it'll be all up to slot and costs. Hopefully she is not a LoW.
    Probably. I like pretty much every Warjack and I don't hate the walker. I hate the baby carrier on the front.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

She looks like a Protectorate warjack but less stylish.
    I lol'd pretty hard.
    Imagine being less stylish than a Warjack.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

26. - Top - End - #446

Oh damn, she does.

Though that's probably just a general shared love for top-heavy pauldrons.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

27. - Top - End - #447

Probably. I like pretty much every Warjack and I don't hate the walker. I hate the baby carrier on the front.
    While the arms are separate from the suit arms, I think the suit looks much less "baby-carrier-ish" than the Dreadknight does, with the pilot being further in, and better protected, rather than on the very front.

I'd characterise it as midway between the Centurion and the Dreadknight.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

28. - Top - End - #448
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    *squints at the Dallas Open results*

no bet, "better autocannon the faction" will do just fine.

29. - Top - End - #449

That appears to be a tournament where the top 8 held a 1-5 Knights list and where Drukhari was undefeated but got in second because battle points rather than game wins determined placement.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Tempted to take this when I get back to tournaments just for laughs (and to screw with Dark Eldar), but probably won't.
    Spoiler: IT IS THE BANEBLAAAAADE!
    Show
    ++ Super-Heavy Detachment -6CP (Imperium - Imperial Guard) [92 PL, 6CP, 1,670pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost [-6CP]

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Cadian

+ Lord of War +

Baneblade [30 PL, 550pts]
    . Lascannon & Twin Heavy Bolter Sponson: Lascannon

Baneblade [30 PL, 550pts]

Shadowsword [32 PL, 570pts]

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Imperial Guard) [19 PL, 330pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

Regimental Doctrine: 55th Kappic Eagles

+ HQ +

Lord Commissar [3 PL, 40pts]: Bolt pistol, Power sword

Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 40pts]: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol, Warlord

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [3 PL, 65pts]
    . 2x Scion: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Hot-shot Lasgun
    . Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
    . Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

+ Flyer +

Valkyries [7 PL, 120pts]
    . Valkyrie: 2x Multiple Rocket Pods, Multi-laser

++ Total: [111 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++

The list presents no infantry targets until I want it to, and everything there is to hit is either flying or T8, W26, and good luck torrenting that down with a Succubus. It's still a hilariously bad idea, though.
    Okay, so the terrain for the event is going to look roughly like this TO-provided sample table picture. With that in mind, a non-meme list:

Spoiler: SHATTER THEIR SKIES!
    Show

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Imperial Guard) [74 PL, 12CP, 1,420pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Cadian

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 35pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol, Warlord, WT: Grand Strategist

Primaris Psyker [3 PL, 50pts]: Mental Fortitude, Nightshroud

Tank Commander [12 PL, 225pts]: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter
    . 2 Heavy Bolters

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 75pts]
    . 5x Guardsman: 5x Lasgun
    . Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
    . Guardsman w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster
    . Heavy Weapon Team: Autocannon
    . Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 75pts]
    . Heavy Weapon Team: Autocannon

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 80pts]
    . Heavy Weapon Team: Lascannon

+ Elites +

Astropath [2 PL, 35pts]: Psychic Barrier, Telepathica Stave

Bullgryns [5 PL, 105pts]
    . Bullgryn: Brute Shield, Bullgryn Maul
    . Bullgryn: Brute Shield, Bullgryn Maul
    . Bullgryn Bone 'ead: Brute Shield, Bullgryn Maul

Commissar [2 PL, 30pts]: Bolt pistol, Power sword

+ Heavy Support +

Basilisks [21 PL, 375pts]
    . Basilisk: Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [10 PL, 190pts]
    . Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter
    . . 2 Heavy Bolters

Manticore [8 PL, 145pts]: Heavy Bolter

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Imperial Guard) [32 PL, -2CP, 580pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Regimental Doctrine: 55th Kappic Eagles

+ HQ +

Lord Commissar [3 PL, 45pts]: Bolt pistol, Power fist

Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 40pts]: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 60pts]
    . Tempestus Scion: Hot-shot Volley Gun
    . Tempestus Scion w/ Medi-pack: Hot-Shot Lasgun, Medi-pack

+ Flyer +

Valkyries [7 PL, 120pts]

Valkyries [7 PL, 120pts]

++ Total: [106 PL, 10CP, 2,000pts] ++

The general idea is indirect fire to take advantage of/ignore the massive amount of terrain, and air-delivered Scions (with the Precision Drop strat if necessary) to get places while ignoring the massive amount of terrain. I'm considering the utility of Tank Ace to give Full Payload to the Manticore and/or Progeny of Conflict to give the Tempestor Prime a Master Vox. I also need to decide on a relic; I might just default to Relic of Lost Cadia.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein