New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Villainous Competition XL Negative Nancy

good luck! It was a rollercoaster of emotions when I bought my house!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

Entry Competitor Description Score 1 Total Placing
    Nandag, the Soul Reaver GreatWrymGold 16.4 16.4 GOLD
    Hecate, the Black Queen 3SecondCultist 16 16 SILVER
    Creeping Ghoulification loky1109 15.4 15.4 BRONZE
    Sibuna GreatWrymGold 14 14 4th
    [url=https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25048996&postcount=55]Xisairroilth the Kraken's Barber[/url] loky1109 13.9 13.9 5th

i have a busy week, but i'll try to get a new round up no later than this weekend. patience is appreciated.

congrats to the medalists, I don't *think* there is a HM this round, although voting is open until the new round is posted, or if i'm mistaken, kindly point it out, life has been *interesting* lately...
    Last edited by jdizzlean; 2021-06-02 at 12:30 AM.
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Well I am perfectly okay with my second place result for the Black Queen. Of course it would seem as though I went a bit overboard on my characterís power...

What can I say? Iím used to higher optimization at my table, so I anticipated a player counter to Hecate and turned a weakness into a strength.

I was glad to read that the judge enjoyed the fluff of my character. I really had a blast putting everything together.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    This is, I'll admit, an entirely subjective assessment, but that's one of the reasons why these contests work best with multiple judges - the subjectivity cancels out.
    they said. ))))

After all... You surprised me.

UPD: What about next round theme?
    Last edited by loky1109; 2021-06-02 at 02:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats to all entrants, especially the winners.

I feel a bit weird giving HM after competitors have been anounced, but if I were to award one, it would probably go to Sibuna.

Quote Originally Posted by ciopo View Post
    good luck! It was a rollercoaster of emotions when I bought my house!
    Thank you.

Bit of a setback: my city has just entered a new COVID lockdown, so no idea if/when the auction will go ahead; or if it will be online or IRL.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    I was glad to read that the judge enjoyed the fluff of my character. I really had a blast putting everything together.
    On the subject of fluff, next time make sure to include a citation if you're doing that big of an homage. Taking inspiration is one thing, but an almost word for word copy of a large body of text needs to have credit given, even if only in the Sources section; anything else is plagiarism.
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2021-06-02 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    On the subject of fluff, next time make sure to include a citation if you're doing that big of an homage. Taking inspiration is one thing, but an almost word for word copy of a large body of text needs to have credit given, even if only in the Sources section; anything else is plagiarism.
    Oh aye, fair enough. I will make a note of that for next time.

For reference, the last bit of fluff (specifically the write up for the CR 20 section) was taken from A Practical Guide to Evil.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    For reference, the last bit of fluff (specifically the write up for the CR 20 section) was taken from A Practical Guide to Evil.
    I really need to read that story again. I fell off it when Book...5, I think, started.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    I feel a bit weird giving HM after competitors have been anounced, but if I were to award one, it would probably go to Sibuna.
    Thank you!

Might as well say something, since I kind of won. I initially made a joke about how I had both the highest- and lowest-scoring entry, but deleted it after realizing it was inaccurate.
    I'm pleasantly surprised by how much our single judge liked both of my entries; I never figured out how to make Nandag into a villain villain and Sibuna was rushed all around. (Plus, I'm just not very good at optimization.) I'm glad InvisibleBison enjoyed both of my submissions anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.