Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dnd 5th edition - Eberron

Awl ending up in this weird place is simple. Her makers won't stop coming for her until she finds a way to make them. LOTS of lost Cannith secrets are in the Mournlands, and she heard one was here.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I've finally gotten around to sorting my own background out and put it up in my original post. I've left it fairly open ended so other ties can be worked in as/if we settle on them.

On that note!

Quote Originally Posted by ProudGrognard View Post
    That is a start, and thank you for agreeing. But perhaps we could be more specific? As far as I can see, we are already in a catacomb in the Mournlands, which means that we arrived there somehow. Did we all go together? Why are we there?

For Knots it is easy: He is investigating rumors that some of his clansmates and his dwarven druid mentor are to be found there. Why is a Znir paladin also there? If I may offer a suggestion, perhaps he was contracted to also locate Roga, the brother of Cord. Perhaps Knots and Toryc met inside the Mournlands, and since they know each other, they have traveled together this last four or five days. Strength in numbers etc etc.

As for Awl and Laeressa (Knots is sure to have developed a nickname for her), I am not so sure. Laeressa knows Knots and his people, so perhaps they started together from the northeastern border. Perhaps the same rumors also speak of Karrnish survivors? When the Mourning happened, both Karrnish and Vrelish troops were on site. Zero Prime will tell us.

Finally, I don't know for Awl. Rokku, I am sure, will have better ideas than mine. Perhaps he has been traveling with Toryc, since s/he undoubtedly does good work? Or perhaps Awl was created in Making and has a desire to see where his race originated from? I dunno.
    Looking for Cord's brother was my thought, mm. I think your suggestion that they agreed to travel in together is the best way, as they would know one another's skill enough to rely on each other.

As a note, they would be somewhat wary around Laeressa, as they're not at ease with the undead themself. They might not mention it too often, but it'd be there. Then again, they've had to deal with prejudice themselves any number of times.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Donan View Post
    Looking for Cord's brother was my thought, mm. I think your suggestion that they agreed to travel in together is the best way, as they would know one another's skill enough to rely on each other.

As a note, they would be somewhat wary around Laeressa, as they're not at ease with the undead themself. They might not mention it too often, but it'd be there. Then again, they've had to deal with prejudice themselves any number of times.
    Awl ending up in this weird place is simple. Her makers won't stop coming for her until she finds a way to make them. LOTS of lost Cannith secrets are in the Mournlands, and she heard one was here.
    Knots would very weary around the undead as well, as he has fought them repeatedly as part of the Karrnish forces, and he has strong druidic influences in his upbringing. Also, in a metagame sense, three henchmen in an NPC can be unbalancing, but this between the DM and the player. Whatever they agree is fine with me. In game, taking a trusted retainer and two undead in magic zone may not be a good idea.

So, correct me if I am wrong, and pending Zero Prime's input and approval, the plan is shaping to be as follows:

Knots and Laerrasa set out from Karrnath to rescue trapped people in the Mournlands. Knots is also looking for Gatekeeper sites and for his lost mentor. As they go in, they meet Toryc and Awl. Toryc is here to also find missing people - perhaps important Znir are also missing, perhaps as they went in after the disaster- and the Mournlands are a prime place to smite alien evil. Awl had already teemed up with Toryc and wants her trail to get lost in the Mournlands, and perhaps uncover enough buried cANNITH secrets that her former masters would leave her alone. Toryc knows Knots casually and they have a mutual professional respect. So the two teams gang together, and after some relatively uneventful days - five or a week or something- they have arrived in the catacombs.

Sounds about right?

Also, may I suggest something? I am still finetuning the fluff of my character, but perhaps we could share three to five things that the group would have noticed about are character. Does this sound interesting?