New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Adventures of the Magic Map

You have all finally gathered together. Each of your map pieces leading you to place to join together. You'd each perhaps say the others are all odd beings, if you hadn't seen mostly odd (to you) beings since your world ended.

Your place of meeting turned out to be the remains of a mansion on a pastoral little stretch of land. Low healthy green grass and a smattering of trees and shrubbery here and there. The mansion itself, mostly just a few walls in varied states of collapse, several lingering support beams, desolate door frames, and surely once-promising marble steps leading to the entrance and rear door.

It's a pleasant day (at least by human standards). It's warm, but not hot. There's a slight breeze. The sky above is brilliant blue with only a few bright white clouds drifting at a snail's pace.

You met around the front, made extremely brief introductions (basically "I have a map too, let's put them together"), and followed the path the map gave you around to the back. From there it seems a straight path off somewhere in the distance.

You all spotted back there a lovely (or perhaps perplexing) sight. A small hedge maze a few yards into what would have been considered the back yard. Nothing with the slightest hopes of anyone getting lost in. It wasn't terribly large, and most importantly the hedges were only up to about waist height on even the shortest of you. There seemed to be an opening in the middle, though you couldn't spot if there was anything there from here.

So, without any spoken agreement, you all began to wander into the little maze as something to do while getting to know each other. Maybe you'd find something at the center. Probably nothing of great promise. Maybe nothing at all. But it was easier to talk on a slow paced walk to a nearby goal than a long march into who knows where with people you didn't even yet know the names of.

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, so I expect you guys to have your characters introduces themselves to the others and just generally RP a bit. Even if some of you feel like you made "strong silent type" characters or whatever that might not talk, seriously I want you guys to actually talk to the others here with the interest of getting to know each other.
    This is a roleplaying game afterall, so I do actually expect roleplaying to occur. Which is difficult to have happen if half the characters try to avoid speaking or such.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures of the Magic Map

Umbrasericum
    Treefolk "Warlock
    AC: 15 HP: 67/67
    PP: 16 PIv: 10 PIs: 13
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

"Well, let's get started."

The spider-creature looks up at the hedge walls. "I wonder if I could climb the hedge walls, instead of walking on the ground? I've missed the trees from my own world, and these hedge walls wouldn't be the worst substitute... if I can actually climb them."

Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-04-02 at 06:42 PM. Reason: realized I'd edited this post instead of copying it X(

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Elgliastin
    Mycotapod Summoner
    AC: 15 HP: 59/59
    PP: 13 PIv: 18 PIs: 16

The tentacle-haired woman stands from examining the hedge, one of her tentacles slipping a magnifying glass into her bag. She pats down her dress and it moves quite easily despite its seemingly fungal material I'm sure they were lovely. The flora of this world has largely been duller than in my own home, if I'm to be honest. She looks pensively at the maze before them It doesn't look dangerous, but looks can be deceiving. I suppose before we go any further we should give each other our names. I am Elgliastin, formerly of the city of Stareye in The Formation.
    Last edited by Luccan; 2021-03-31 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I am Zanzibar, a warrior priest trying to save my people. I have never meet such a beautiful woman as yourself and you he looks at the bat like spider are an exquisite creature. Come let us walk and get to know each other.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2021-04-01 at 12:50 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jenyra
    Half-Elf Sorcerer
    AC: 17 HP: 60/60
    PP: 14 PIv: 11 PIs: 14

Jenyra wasn't quite sure on how to deal with the new folks. Outside of the tiger man, they all looked so alien. Especially the spider guy. However, that didn't stop her from being cordial. "I'm Jenyra, just a wandering spellcaster." That was all they needed to know. She studied the hedge maze closely. "They call that a maze? I could probably go through that with my eyes closed."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice to met you wandering Jenyra. I too have the ability to cast spells given to me by my god. Have you lost your peoples well, for I have not come across any one that looks you.Zanzibar holds his arm out. Come ladies let us travel this kit's maze for the sky is clear and I have much to learn.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2021-04-02 at 04:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Umbrasericum
    Treefolk "Warlock

"Given by the gods? I simply absorb power from the Weave. I actually distribute it to others."

The spider-creature realizes that introductions are being given, and that he hasn't actually given his name. "My name is Umbrasericum."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I would love to understand what you mean by the weave. Are you a weaver by trade and what kind of power do you give to others? I am unsure how to pronounce your name, is there something shorter I can call you Umbra? Zanzibar says with a big toothy grin.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2021-04-02 at 08:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jenyra
    Half-Elf Sorcerer

"I've heard of the Weave, but I don't know much about it. All I know is I was naturally born with magic. Strange magic." She let a small flame flicker into existence above her hand, as if to prove her point, then clenched her fist, snuffing the flame out. "My magic, barring one exception, is completely fire-based. Helpful if I wanted to deal with dryads or undead, not so when dealing with other kinds of creatures."

OOC: Arcana roll in Discord
    Last edited by LoneStarCowboy; 2021-04-02 at 09:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Elgliastin
    Mycotapod Summoner

Elgliastin smiles at Zanzibar's gesture, but draws out a strange device the whirls in her hand. It appears to be an astrolabe of some sort, but is moving on its own I'm quiet read when you are. She looks to the bat-spider and then Jenyra with interest as they discuss where their magic comes from We're certainly a gifted group. I myself possess some of the more common magics of my people, as well as spells useful for the understanding and control of creatures summoned from other planes. And I have a handful at of those at my call, when needed.
    Last edited by Luccan; 2021-04-04 at 01:34 AM.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jenyra
    Half-Elf Sorcerer

"Summoning? That sounds impressive. What kinds of beings do you summon?" For an evoker like Jenyra, such a concept of conjuring was almost alien to her. She'd seen some conjurers in her time, but she'd never met one before the Dissolution.
    Last edited by LoneStarCowboy; 2021-04-04 at 05:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Elgliastin
    Mycotapod Summoner

Mostly fey and elementals. They're generally less... obstinate when called on. Less of a danger to the summoner and those around them. The astrolabe spins again and an illusion appears in front of her, a statuette of a reptilian beast with a beak and feathered wings where forelimbs would be. The underside of its wings are membranous like under the cap of a mushroom. He's much bigger, in reality.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Cast Minor Illusion to demonstrate Valefor's appearance

All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Umbrasericum
    Treefolk "Warlock

Umbrasericum hesitates as he considers Zanzibar's request. "Ah... I worship a goddess named 'Umbra.' Maybe 'Seri,' instead?."

"To answer your question, as completely as I can manage... in my native world, magic's natural state of existence was an energy field permeating the world. We called it 'The Weave.' It was managed... woven, if you will... by the combined efforts of my people's goddess Umbra and the sheep god Ovis."

"It took me some effort to figure out the trick to drawing power in this world. By this point, I've managed to fully adapt to the way magic works here, but at first I was appreciably weaker in this world than I was in my native one. But I still don't really understand why what I'm doing works, just how to draw power here."

Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-04-04 at 06:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Elgliastin
    Mycotapod Summoner

Mostly fey and elementals. They're generally less... obstinate when called on. Less of a danger to the summoner and those around them. The astrolabe spins again and an illusion appears in front of her, a statuette of a reptilian beast with a beak and feathered wings where forelimbs would be. The underside of its wings are membranous like under the cap of a mushroom. He's much bigger, in reality.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Cast Minor Illusion to demonstrate Valefor's appearance

Jenyra
    Half-Elf Sorcerer

"I see. That sounds incredibly helpful." Jenyra turned to Seri, hearing his explanation. "That sounds so strange to me. I come from a world where magic is drawn from nature itself, through the Arcanums, so this is quite new."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Mine are gifts from the gods.My world doesn't have people that look like you. Our biggest threat are dragons. Do you know if they exist in this world. Zanzibar says looking at the others.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    Mine are gifts from the gods.My world doesn't have people that look like you. Our biggest threat are dragons. Do you know if they exist in this world. Zanzibar says looking at the others.
    Jenyra
    Half-Elf Sorcerer

"I guess? Dragons existed in my world, as well, so I would presume that some survived the calamity." Jenyra soaked up all the information presented. Clearly these folks came from incredibly unique worlds.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Elgliastin
    Mycotapod Summoner

We had similar creatures to what many of you call dragons, I believe. Sea drakes with clear wings and membranous skin, mountain saurispores with fungal eggs and acrid breath. Creatures of my home plane were much closer to what would be hybrids on other worlds. She gestures to Umbrasericum Our friend here is the closest to the sort of creature I am used to that I've seen since everything fell apart. With the exception of those few who have made it from my own world, of course. Elgliastin frowns as her thoughts turn to her lost world.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Umbrasericum
    Treefolk "Warlock

Umbrasericum sighs. "So many lives, lost forever... but at least I'll never have to kill another cat that's twice my height ever again." He chuckles sadly.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Another cat? I hope my kind does not scare you. I hope we can be friends. Zanzibar says with a big grin holding out his paw to Umbra.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Umbrasericum
    Treefolk "Warlock

Umbrasericum winces when he realizes he's put one of his feet in his mouth. "Uh, well... you aren't twice my height or trying to eat me... So, this can work?"

He holds out one of his claws. "Uh... the usual method for this was to entwine claws on my world. How does this work with our differently shaped hands?"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jenyra
    Half-Elf Sorcerer

"Maybe Zanzibar grabs your, uh... hand? Leg? At least, that's how I would imagine it."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

We can hug if you like big guy. Zanzibar says with a wink towards the women.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Umbrasericum
    Treefolk "Warlock

Umbrasericum raises an eyebrow, but quickly realizes that he does know what the word means. "Um... sure?"

He hesitantly raises all six of his arms, making sure to point the sharp points away from Zanzibar.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanzibar wraps his arms around the many armed companion.Come let us all enjoy this friendship. Ladies are you willing to join us?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jenyra
    Half-Elf Sorcerer

"Of course, I'd be happy to." Jenyra walked over to the groups, ready to accept a huh. Truth be told, she had been looking for more people to call "friends", especially after she squandered her first chances in her old world.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanzibar is quite happy to have found new friends and quite powerful ones as well. We will have many adventures together my friends.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Elgliastin
    Mycotapod Summoner

Elgliastin does not approach the group and holds up her hands instead I'm not really a "hug people I've just met" sort of person, but I'll be glad to give friendship a shot. It seems there's some fate to it as well. she gestures to the map and the hedge maze
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jenyra
    Half-Elf Sorcerer

"Hold on, there's one more friend for me to introduce. Ember, come on out." Jenyra outstretched her arm, and turned her arm to where her palms were facing down, and fire erupted out of a port on the back of her gauntlet. The fire swirled around, until it took the form of a medium sized cat, albeit a cat made out of fire. The cat mewed a little bit, before floating up to rest on Jenyra's shoulder.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Well hello there Ember. I think we will become good friends. Zanzibar says pulling out some beef jerky.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Elgliastin
    Mycotapod Summoner

The mycotapod woman takes an immediate interest in the fire spirit and leans forward, her hair tentacles drawing closer to the familiar Well, aren't you a beauty? Her yellow-gold eyes flick up to Jenyra You summoned this little one yourself? Or did it find you?
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show