New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default A Star Trek: Picard Question

Just started Season 3, and something is confusing me:

Spoiler
    Show
    At the end of Season 2, Borg/Jurati helped herselves to La Sirena, the ship that Rios had been flying before he apparently gave it to Seven. Borg/Jurati jumped into warp from low atmo and weren’t seen again for another four hundred years.

But in the first couple episodes of Season 3, Raffi is using La Sirena as a base of operations. How and when did she get hold of that ship, four hundred years after it became Borg/Jurati’s personal ride back in 2024?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Star Trek: Picard Question

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Just started Season 3, and something is confusing me:

Spoiler
    Show
    At the end of Season 2, Borg/Jurati helped herselves to La Sirena, the ship that Rios had been flying before he apparently gave it to Seven. Borg/Jurati jumped into warp from low atmo and weren’t seen again for another four hundred years.

But in the first couple episodes of Season 3, Raffi is using La Sirena as a base of operations. How and when did she get hold of that ship, four hundred years after it became Borg/Jurati’s personal ride back in 2024?
    You are definetly putting more thought into it than the writers.

But if i had to make a guess, La Sirena is only in the past because of the alternate universe that never was. That ship stayed in the past, while True Timeline La Sirena stayed in its time.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Season 3 is basically a soft reboot of the show. I wouldn't worry about it as it's such an improvement of the first seasons.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
    But if i had to make a guess, La Sirena is only in the past because of the alternate universe that never was. That ship stayed in the past, while True Timeline La Sirena stayed in its time.
    IIRC, yes, Rios was transported to the La Sirena of an alternate timeline and used that ship to slingshot back to the past. The original La Sirena itself wasn't sent to the alternate timeline, so would have still been in the present.
    Last edited by Dire_Flumph; 2023-09-25 at 04:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_One View Post
    Season 3 is basically a soft reboot of the show. I wouldn't worry about it as it's such an improvement of the first seasons.
    I agree that it's definitely a reboot of the show, and worrying about how it connects with earlier seasons is an exercise in futility.