New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default What If Pokemon Was A Superhero Genre?

Hey everybody. I just thought of something, what if Pokemon Was A Superhero Genre? Just hear me out instead of capturing Pokemon and have Pokemon fight to become a Pokemon champion, Pokemon can be very useful for saving the world or even the universe. Of course, there will be supervillains as well. After all, Pokemon is True Neutral creatures which they decided to be exalted superheroes, vile supervillains, or just True Neutral creatures. So what do you think? I would love to hear your comments.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What If Pokemon Was A Superhero Genre?

It already is.

I mean what else do you call ten year olds taking down various criminal organizations that capture pokemon to threaten the world/universe/whatever in Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, if not being a superhero? Kanto counts as well even if its just breaking up relatively ordinary crime. all the teams check the boxes of supervillain teams with flashy costumes, minions with flimsy reasons to fight and bad plans for their goals that don't really make sense when examined. so y'know. normal superhero stuff. just because the trainers like some sports in the meantime because the crimes are rarer doesn't mean they don't fall into it.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    It already is.

I mean what else do you call ten year olds taking down various criminal organizations that capture pokemon to threaten the world/universe/whatever in Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, if not being a superhero? Kanto counts as well even if its just breaking up relatively ordinary crime. all the teams check the boxes of supervillain teams with flashy costumes, minions with flimsy reasons to fight and bad plans for their goals that don't really make sense when examined. so y'know. normal superhero stuff. just because the trainers like some sports in the meantime because the crimes are rarer doesn't mean they don't fall into it.
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

There were also the Ultra Guardians. They had a transformation sequence, a secret base, and everything.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    There were also the Ultra Guardians. They had a transformation sequence, a secret base, and everything.
    Oh wow! Really?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that.
    You forgot about the main plot of all the core series games?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    You forgot about the main plot of all the core series games?
    I haven't played Pokemon for a very long time.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

I have read a few fanfics over the years where this was a thing. Oddly enough most are in the dreaded poke-girls universe. Basic gist is, these teams are regional trouble shooters solving problems like feral pokegirls, natural disasters, criminal enterprise, etc. In exchange they get the best gear from the government and funding to help them live their lives and survive the situations they get into.

The story Ashes of the Past might as well be that. Basically, team galactic collapsed the universe, arceus sends ash back in time to stop it. He gets to remind all his pokemon (and friends) of the previous timeline which means they start day 1 as powerful as they were at the end of, I think, unova era pokemon, and just keep getting stronger from there, so they are basically supermen among pokemon. While running the league challenges ash is also running all those world/country/city/family saving adventures that he does in the tv series, movies, and games, and this time people are actually noticing it so he is getting famous. One of the common exchanges in conversation between people who know him and people who dont is, "Wait, what do you mean he is usually saving the world? How can someone be USUALLY saving the world?"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."