New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Black Widow: New Trailer

Hot off the internet:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully this will answer a burning question about Black Widow: why doesn't she tie her hair back before jumping into a fight?

Really, that's the only question I have. I was never especially enthused for this one, and this trailer makes me even less so.

But I know there are people who are genuinely thrilled for it, so I hope it meets their expectations. I'll get to it after Loki and She-Hulk.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Black Widow: New Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully this will answer a burning question about Black Widow: why doesn't she tie her hair back before jumping into a fight?

Really, that's the only question I have. I was never especially enthused for this one, and this trailer makes me even less so.

But I know there are people who are genuinely thrilled for it, so I hope it meets their expectations. I'll get to it after Loki and She-Hulk.
    I personally feel like a Black Widow solo film should have come out after Civil War or Age of Ultron. Now it just feels like Marvel is trying to get that last drop of milk out of the udder before the cash cow dies. I am not expecting anything great.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
    I personally feel like a Black Widow solo film should have come out after Civil War or Age of Ultron. Now it just feels like Marvel is trying to get that last drop of milk out of the udder before the cash cow dies. I am not expecting anything great.
    Blame Issac Perlmutter, ceo of Marvel since 2005, and been on the board of Marvel since 1993, which is 3 years prior to their Bankruptcy.

• Issac Perlmutter the person who okayed Marvel Movies prior to 2015 is the reason why this, a Black Widow movie did not happen prior to Age of Ultron (which was released in April 2015).
    • And 2015 to 2017 did not happen due to Scarlett Johansson's pregnancy (she was pregnant during AoU and it is why some scenes were written with Ultron capturing Black Widow, and other scenes were filmed from the waist up and a higher amount of stunt doubles.
    • From 2015 to 2016 Scarlett did Voice Over Work with The Jungle Book and Sing during the 1st year of her new child's life.
    • In 2017 Ghost in the Shell was released and it really should have happened then, it is a failure of Marvel for this not to occur. It is still kind of Issac's fault though.
    • 2018 and 2019 were Avengers 3 and 4 with Infinity War and Endgame.

The reorganization of Marvel under Disney happened twice, the first time in August 2015 which put Kevin Feige in control of Marvel movies removing Issac from the food chain (various Disney Parent Company execs were higher than Feige) and Oct 2019 which put comics, tv, and animation under Feige control but Issac still had control of Marvel's "publishing operations, sales, creative services, games, licensing and events."

Scarlett agreed to Ghost in the Shell in 2014 per rumors. Another actress that was interested in the part was Margot Robbie but she choose to do Harley Quinn in the 2016's Suicide Squad instead.

We know from the Sony leak and an e-mail Issac of Marvel sent Sony that he was not interested in any female lead superhero movies after the failure of Supergirl in the 1980s plus Elektra and Catwoman in the 2000s. Issac is also the one responsible for Marvel offering a low amount of Black Widow toys prior to 2017. He is a famous micro-manager, having opinions of what will and will not sell. I have more things to say but I will stop for they are mean
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2021-04-04 at 02:15 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I gotta say I’m liking the music. I’m hoping this movie will bump Natasha up a few rungs on my list of favorite Avengers: she’s near the bottom presently not through any fault of her own but because she’s barely had any screen time compared to everyone else.

I’m not holding my breath through, because I gather the main purpose of this movie is to

Spoiler: Possible spoilers
    Show
    set up the blonde girl to be her successor.

Which as they barely made use of poor Nat prior to this, is kind of irritating.

Also they’ve delayed the thing so much it’s hard to get excited now.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I hope the Red Guardian lives so we get further movies/shows with him. He seems cool.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I'd like that too.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the various spoilers are accurate Red Guardian is killed fighting Taskmaster although that would seem unlikely but it could be due to the damage he suffered during the movie's events.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm more a fan of the more unlikely spoiler involving someone fetching a version of Natasha from another timeline to bring back to the Endgame present.

I really wish they released the movie before starting the Falcon and Winter Soldier series.
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2021-04-04 at 03:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

This looks like a Black Widow take on the superhero political thriller subsubgenre (next to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and now The Falcon and the Winter Soldier). All I'm asking of it is to do that well, I don't mind that much about the connection to the macro MCU narrative.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Trafalgar
    I personally feel like a Black Widow solo film should have come out after Civil War or Age of Ultron.
    Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga
    Also they’ve delayed the thing so much it’s hard to get excited now.
    Agreed completely. Sadly, at this point it feels more fizzle than sizzle.

Originally Posted by Ramza00
    In 2017 Ghost in the Shell was released and it really should have happened then, it is a failure of Marvel for this not to occur.
    To be fair, 2017 would’ve been an extremely narrow window to hit, given all the other moving pieces in the MCU.

Originally Posted by Hopeless
    I really wish they released the movie before starting the Falcon and Winter Soldier series.
    Well, they tried, but 2020 had other plans.

Also, new Falcon & Winter Soldier theory:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Power Broker is evil Natasha from another timeline. You heard it here first.

Last edited by Palanan; 2021-04-04 at 04:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Also, new Falcon & Winter Soldier theory:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Power Broker is evil Natasha from another timeline. You heard it here first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nonsense. It is clearly Reed Richards
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

To be fair, 2017 would’ve been an extremely narrow window to hit, given all the other moving pieces in the MCU.
    Like I said earlier Aug 2015 Issac was still calling the shots at Marvel. They could have had a Black Widow movie prior to 2018 Infinity War, but that is rushing things. Scarlett Johansson agreed to Ghost in the Shell in 2014, but Disney could have paid money to over-rule that.

But there was also no script, no planning, no pre-production, etc for Black Widow ready at precisely the August 2015 date when the reorganization happens. It takes at least 2 years to make a Marvel Movie based off previous MCU movies. Thus if Black Widow happened prior to Infinity War it would have been Winter 2017 or the first few months of 2018 (aka the same time Black Panther aired in 2018 the few months prior to Infinity War.)

-----

It is super frustrating but that is how this all happened.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nonsense. It is clearly Reed Richards

Nah, it is Doom. He was no where in Falcon and Bucky, so he must be Power Broker.

12. - Top - End - #12

Spoiler: broker speculation
    Show
    I suspect it's Sharon. That could be another reason why she was not quite so enthusiastic about going back home.

I'm pretty excited about this movie, simply because it's more MCU. Even if it turns out mediocre, there'll still be nods and easter eggs to the other movies and/or comics. Enjoyment and nerdgasms to be had.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2021-04-05 at 05:11 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Something that keeps bothering me - Taskmaster copying moves from all the Avengers. I know that’s his power in the comics, and the Avengers are all good fighters so to that extent it’s logical, but their equipment is kind of specialized. Taskmaster must have someone driving around behind him with a mobile armory for it to work, because bulletproof shields and exploding arrows don’t grow on trees.

If the Netflix series were in continuity copying someone like the Punisher or Bullseye would be more useful - ordinary guns or office equipment have got to be loads easier to obtain than retractable panther claws.
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2021-04-05 at 04:53 PM.