Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default [OOC] Ruminations and Practice

Hello, this is the out-of-character thread for the game. All of you have turned up very interesting characters and I am very excited to see what you are going to do.

To begin with, I need three separate rolls out of all of you that are Wits+Esoterica; these are going to inform your understanding of the current mystical state of the world, the mystical state of Boston, and finally how much you understand Lost Mithras. You can’t burn Willpower for the roll.

As far as your characters are concerned, the world has gone mad. Regardless of your prestige or paradigm, the situations across the world burn with the fervor of change, which is most importantly to you, not safe.

Aside, for general information, Boston is in a high state of flux amongst the mage community; making too many firm statements would undermine the flux of the situation.

The main Chantry that you call home, the Refuge of All Souls, is well structured and defensible; resources are on hand that mean you can stop running and maybe build a life. Still, the location is less than ideal: either some sort of vast cavern network or a pocket dimension, the Chantry itself is but a foothold on the bizarre underground city that it has invaded. Most of you know to beware the Bobbies, but that is about it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] Ruminations and Practice

Wits 3+ Esoterica 1=4
    Roll 1: 10,7,6,5 =3 successes
    Roll 2: 10,10,7,5 =3 successes
    Roll 3: 9,6,4,2 = 2 successes

Rolls do a good job reflecting Rachel's return to Boston not incredibly long ago. Looking forward to where this goes. Cheers.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Wits 3, Esoterica 0

Roll 1: 9,9,4
    Roll 2: 8,4,4
    Roll 3: 10,9,2

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Kai Evans: Wits 4, Esoterica 3: Total Pool 7

Roll 1 (Mystical State of the World): 8, 5, 4, 4, 4, 1, 1 (0 Sucesses, Fail)
    Roll 2 (Mystical State of Boston): 10, 9, 7, 7, 5, 4, 2 (4 Sucesses)
    Roll 3 (Lost Mithras): 9, 8, 8, 5, 5, 2, 2 (3 Sucesses)

For reference, David, the 3 sucesses was the first roll, the 1 botch was the second roll, and the 4 sucesses was the third roll, but reassigned as per our discussion on FB.
    Last edited by Holy Goat; 2021-04-04 at 04:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Testing the forum die roller; if preferred replace my rolls.
    Die roller appears to only work in the die roll sub...
    Code looks like this: [rollv]#d#[/rollv]
    Last edited by riff.freelance; 2021-04-04 at 04:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Ha. Wits 4, Esoterica 2. 4 successes on the first roll, 3 successes on the last 2. Got a few 10's I think if I had a specialty they would explode? Which reminds me, I haven't picked any specialties. Is there such a thing as a critical success or is that a V5 thing?

(6d10)[4][6][6][2][10][8]

(6d10)[6][6][2][7][3][4]

(6d10)[4][5][5][10][8][10]
    Last edited by Danicus; 2021-04-04 at 07:33 PM.
    You might know me as Dan

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riff.freelance View Post
    Wits 3+ Esoterica 1=4
    Roll 1: 10,7,6,5 =3 successes
    Roll 2: 10,10,7,5 =3 successes
    Roll 3: 9,6,4,2 = 2 successes

Rolls do a good job reflecting Rachel's return to Boston not incredibly long ago. Looking forward to where this goes. Cheers.
    The World: you know that all the powers that be are in upheaval and the scent of change is on the horizon for the first time in centuries. Dynamicism is due for its day in the sun and you don’t really know if you should be elated or terrified.

Boston: you are aware enough of the machinations of the Night Folk in the city to avoid or engage as you choose. Typical struggles for control are abound, faction against faction or apprentice against master; aside from generalities, you have heard that a particularly potent mystical family in Boston, the Candralls, have somehow become entangled with the undead.

Lost Mithras: you are generally familiar with the place, or more importantly that the Chantry master has secured wards and devices of such horrible power that this is a safe place, regardless of its other issues. You know not to do anything other than be unfailing polite to the Bobbies if you venture outside of the Chantry grounds.

As an aside, I am going to present character-specific knowledge publicly unless the player requests otherwise; I think it adds to the gaming experience and I think that all of you are old enough to responsibly divorce your player knowledge from you character knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Kirby View Post
    Wits 3, Esoterica 0

Roll 1: 9,9,4
    Roll 2: 8,4,4
    Roll 3: 10,9,2
    Can you specify which player or character you are? I gathered Bryan’s through inference, but I don’t have much to go on here.

Regardless: you know that things are incredibly ****ed up on the world stage; regardless of where you place your loyalty, it is simply dangerous out there. You witnessed a distant friend be subjected to a disassembler swarm in board daylight; aside from the nightmares, you know that safety is paramount.

Boston: not so much. Either you are a transplant or you never really paid attention to the local scene. You know that Boston sports what are called the High Families and you know they are best avoided.

Lost Mithras: you are generally familiar with the place, or more importantly that the Chantry master has secured wards and devices of such horrible power that this is a safe place, regardless of its other issues. You know not to do anything other than be unfailing polite to the Bobbies if you venture outside of the Chantry grounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Goat View Post
    Kai Evans: Wits 4, Esoterica 3: Total Pool 7

Roll 1 (Mystical State of the World): 8, 5, 4, 4, 4, 1, 1 (0 Sucesses, Fail)
    Roll 2 (Mystical State of Boston): 10, 9, 7, 7, 5, 4, 2 (4 Sucesses)
    Roll 3 (Lost Mithras): 9, 8, 8, 5, 5, 2, 2 (3 Sucesses)

For reference, David, the 3 sucesses was the first roll, the 1 botch was the second roll, and the 4 sucesses was the third roll, but reassigned as per our discussion on FB.
    The World: you know ****-all about how things are going in the world at large and that makes sense, because they aren’t important to your daily survival. The technomancers are probably winning, but that garbage probably won’t be over before you die of old age.

Boston: you are actually intricately familiar with the mystical power dynamics of Boston, either through harsh experience or an obsessive hobby. Primarily, the city is ruled by a collection of families (you can generally identify them all) of mages that long ago secured the city very firmly. Best described as alchemists, they allowed the Traditions and the Technocracy to act in their domain, but since the retraction of the Pogrom they have been taking an increasingly active role. You know that the Cainite clans in the city pay tribute to the mage families and adjust their activities accordingly.

Forgotten Mithras: you know that the Chantry is just the tip of the iceberg for this place, but it is measured high in both dangers and rewards. Most importantly, you know that the city outside of the Chantry ground is strewn with ‘cognitive hazards,’ such as thing that, by merely perceiving them, could trigger an aneurysm or worse; you need someone talented in Mind to navigate the city safely. That aside, you vaguely know of the Degenerates that litter the city, as well as a general grasp that there is a ‘Central,’ but you absolutely know not to fight the Bobbies unless you have no other choice, nor should you eat the ‘food’ found out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danicus View Post
    Ha. Wits 4, Esoterica 2. 4 successes on the first roll, 3 successes on the last 2. Got a few 10's I think if I had a specialty they would explode? Which reminds me, I haven't picked any specialties. Is there such a thing as a critical success or is that a V5 thing?

(6d10)[4][6][6][2][10][8]

(6d10)[6][6][2][7][3][4]

(6d10)[4][5][5][10][8][10]
    Specialities absolutely are an thing and you should take advantage of them for anything that has four or more; still, I doubt your character would have anything applicable as a specialty, so I’ll go with the results.

The World: you were tangential involved in the end of the world and it haunts you. Time magick makes the timeline irrelevant, but your work had a hand in determining the course of events for the world; perhaps you created a Life effect later in your existence that was sent back to make sure key people survived; maybe you had some sort of hand in developing Spirit Nukes. You simply know that you are tied to major events. As a result, you are generally familiar with the state of things for the Traditions, the Technocracy, and the Crafts; you have the intelligence to be considered a world player.

Boston: you are aware enough of the machinations of the Night Folk in the city to avoid or engage as you choose. Typical struggles for control are abound, faction against faction or apprentice against master; aside from generalities, you have heard that a particularly potent mystical family in Boston, the Candralls, have somehow become entangled with the undead.

Forgotten Mithras: you know that the Chantry is just the tip of the iceberg for this place, but it is measured high in both dangers and rewards. Most importantly, you know that the city outside of the Chantry ground is strewn with ‘cognitive hazards,’ such as thing that, by merely perceiving them, could trigger an aneurysm or worse; you need someone talented in Mind to navigate the city safely. That aside, you vaguely know of the Degenerates that litter the city, as well as a general grasp that there is a ‘Central,’ but you absolutely know not to fight the Bobbies unless you have no other choice, nor should you eat the ‘food’ found out there.
    Last edited by Jahkin; 2021-04-04 at 09:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Everyone starts with a point of Quintessence, assuming you have an Avatar rating, as a matter of simple, lengthy association with a mystically strong area. We will be adjourning over to Folly to test out the gameplay, but I am very concerned about any corrections to the pace or feel than anyone has. As always, feel free to drop any out-of-character comments here, even if they are mild. I think a lively OOC commentary is as important as the main game. As always, PM me if you think I am ****ing up in anyway; I have nothing against any criticism.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wits 2 esoterica 0
    First roll: (2d10)[9][3]
    Second roll: (2d10)[4][7]
    Third roll:(2d10)[10][4]
    Last edited by Theofreeman23; 2021-04-07 at 09:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

[QUOTE=Jahkin;24995212]

Can you specify which player or character you are? I gathered Bryan’s through inference, but I don’t have much to go on here.

Regardless: you know that things are incredibly ****ed up on the world stage; regardless of where you place your loyalty, it is simply dangerous out there. You witnessed a distant friend be subjected to a disassembler swarm in board daylight; aside from the nightmares, you know that safety is paramount.

Boston: not so much. Either you are a transplant or you never really paid attention to the local scene. You know that Boston sports what are called the High Families and you know they are best avoided.

I'm Rob Paige on Facebook, my character is Lee Kirby, a 17 year old orphan with a technomagical paradigm. Lee has lived on the outskirts of Boston for quite some time, but has only recently awakened, so hasn't quite glommed on to the ins and outs of magikal Boston yet. He's picked up some scraps from poking around the net, and has had some limited contact with the Virtual Adepts, but he's not ready to throw in with them. He's mostly kept his head down since awakening, but rumors of others out there like himself have led him to start trying to see what's what.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

I think at this exact moment, as Adol comes into the Twice Sold, Patrick is probably using the Techocracy's Serially Connected Online Learning Resource or SCOLR, the 3 dot Library he has access to, to search for mentions of Lost Mithras. Looking for maps, known inhabitants, entry points, hazards etc. mainly looking for things he doesn't already know.

Wits or Intelligence + Library? Is that how that works?
    You might know me as Dan

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

I'm Love S Paige on facebook

Wits 3+Esoterica 0

Roll 1: 8, 7, 10

Roll 2: 7, 7, 4

Roll 3: 6, 7, 5
    Last edited by Morgan Enright; 2021-04-10 at 11:43 AM. Reason: fixing dice roll

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Testing the dice roller:

[rollv]1d6[/rollv]

- - - Updated - - -

Testing the dice roller:

[rollv]1d6[/rollv]
    That's what I typed, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Testing the dice roller:

[rollv]1d6[/rollv]

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I typed, any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Did you copy and paste the one with the number or the hashes from the how to thread? I found it worked when I copypasted the one with hashes and changed the numbers.
    You might know me as Dan

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

test roll
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    Last edited by Morgan Enright; 2021-04-11 at 02:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Perception 2 + Alertness 3

(5d10)[9][10][4][7][4](34)

Wits 4 + Awareness 2

(6d10)[5][4][3][10][8][4](34)
    You might know me as Dan