New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627

Thread: Loki (2021)

1. - Top - End - #781
    Banned

Default Re: Loki (2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    The Loki thread has once again forgotten that it is the Loki thread.
    Feel free to make some conversation about the show then?

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Feel free to make some conversation about the show then?
    Hey, I already tied to bring the topic back to Kang with "because HWR needed Endgame to happen."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Spamalot in the Playground

Loki isn't just about the events within Loki themselves, it's about the impact those events (especially the finale) have had on Phase 4 of the MCU more broadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

We're all mischievous scamps here
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The timeline keeps splintering, obviously. Lots of variants that aren't getting pruned.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

So, is Glyphstone a variant of Kang?
    He is a moderator and all.

With sufficient time and resources (which he didn't exactly have), could Tony have made a Thanos Buster suit of armor (reinforced Hulkbuster suit able to handle Power Stone Thanos)?

Back to Loki, do you think CrocLoki or Croki, use magic in his animal form?

7. - Top - End - #787
    Spamalot in the Playground

Throg can use lightning in the comics so I can't imagine Croki not being able to use some form of illusion. Especially with him being something of a breakout star from the show and likely to show up in S2.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ettin in the Playground

That is the "beauty" I mean cosmic-horror, of the MCU.

It is such a convoluted threads of Easter Eggs moving you to the next thing, with poor Act 3s in a 3 act structure, that we do not care for we move onto the next one. An audience trained on bathos, the anti-climax, jokes who yearn for greatness and just not land and we laugh at them not landing, likewise the endings that never land. Stories about bad dads, where the kids of bad dads become a laughable hero.

This in turn creates a cycle of people who have seen one thing talking about another thing for there is always something more to talk about. We as viewers never stay in the moment, never stay in a single story, for if we did we realize each individual story is boring, but when combine those threads form a tapestry of a cosmic horror
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    This in turn creates a cycle of people who have seen one thing talking about another thing for there is always something more to talk about. We as viewers never stay in the moment, never stay in a single story, for if we did we realize each individual story is boring, but when combine those threads form a tapestry of a cosmic horror
    …also, Season 1 is over so there isn’t much Loki related to talk about that hasn’t already been disproved, confirmed, or argued into the ground.

So, other than the TVA, why didn’t Infinity War!Loki try to give Thanos an illusionary Tesseract instead of the real thing? Honestly that would have been my first tactic!

10. - Top - End - #790
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    …also, Season 1 is over so there isn’t much Loki related to talk about that hasn’t already been disproved, confirmed, or argued into the ground.

So, other than the TVA, why didn’t Infinity War!Loki try to give Thanos an illusionary Tesseract instead of the real thing? Honestly that would have been my first tactic!
    Thanos would have tried to smash it and put the stone in the gauntlet immediately, which I imagine would give the illusion away.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post

Outside OldMan Loki in this series, who's illusions all have a green tint that everyone pretends they cant see, we-the-audience only find out an illusion is fake when someone tries to interact with it. Following that logic, handing an illusion to Thanos would definately count as interacting with it.

Now, OldLoki was once IW Loki, except that he let thanos kill an illusion. (the scene itself may have played out differently, because HWR only cares that thanos gets the stone, Heimdal and Loki have heroic deaths, and Thor and Banner survive to avenge them.) But thanos had to get the cube somehow... or else the timeline would be pruned.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhere earlier in this thread, someone mentioned a time-bureau SF novel by a woman, but I can't remember her name, and don't have time to go through the previous 27 pages.

Does anyone happen to remember either the author's name or the title of her novel? This is for a class that's starting in a little while.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

It wasn't me, but it could be Connie Willis.

She has quite a few time travel stories around.
    Now, Back to Lurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I think I'm going to defer to his wiser judgment in this case, because I'm probably going to keep writing responses and that will only lead to me getting myself in trouble somehow.
    - I should follow this advice more often.

Belkar's Death Countdown best guess: 31/49 days used before Belkar is gone forever more! - updated to morning at 1190!

Hey, its the Blog where I write! Dice Roles

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Somewhere earlier in this thread, someone mentioned a time-bureau SF novel by a woman, but I can't remember her name, and don't have time to go through the previous 27 pages.

Does anyone happen to remember either the author's name or the title of her novel? This is for a class that's starting in a little while.
    We talked about the time cop trope on page 4, and started sharing some of the earliest examples we could think on about with page 5 with numerous 1950s examples. I am on my phone, taking a work break so I apologize this is not more precise at this moment.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

I looked through the first few pages and couldn't find it; but as it happens, no longer necessary for what I wanted it for.