New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default The once and future Harem

Episode 1 (A magical meeting) Scene 1

It's Late August. You are finally getting into the dorms on campus for orientation day. For once the mists in Littlebrook are being pierced by the midday sun.

Oh wait that's the gorgeous girl, waving her arms in a circular motion above her head. Dyed blue hair, a bit over 5 and a half feet tall.

I refuse to go to college in this Silent hill crap. You hear the most beautiful voice let out.

You hear the RA, a pretty, short blonde clap at this.

"And this students, is Maya Wells. She won a grant from our local biotech company New Horizons. As some of you may have guessed from the fog going away, she's a sorceress.

Legally I have to say what comes next. But I really hope you would all know better." She pauses looks at her notes, then lifts her pretty head back up.

"If you bully her, you'll be eligible for a Darwin award. And the College is not responsible for what will happen to you." She replies deadpan

"But remember if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me" She returns to her bright wide smile.

But you. You have to get her attention.

How do you intend to go about it.

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d7 Stand out among the crowd. +2 VP

Skill =d9 Ask a question that Maya was actually about to ask. +3 VP

Conflict =d7 Someone else is being bullied. Put a stop to it to look good. Alternatively bully someone. +2 VP

Luck =d5 Accidentally get in her way. Thankfully she's nice. Probably. +1 VP
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Leaning against the wall of the dorm is a tall, leggy blonde girl. She is wearing the scarlet uniform jacket from what looks like some real preppy private school. Her skirt is a plaid with colors that match the jacket. And she is wearing a set of black tights that accentuate her thighs and calves, as they run down and into her shoes, which is about the only thing she is wearing that looks semi comfortable.

But the jacket is unbuttoned, and reveals her shirt underneath, which she has untucked and tied off just under her breasts. The skirt is only an inch or so past what could really be considered indecent, and is well short of what any sane person could call decent. And the tights are torn in strategic locations to expose what looks like actual tattoos under the opaque material. She takes a long drag off her cigarette and then goes back to what she was doing.

Namely, looking at other students and then drawing the top card off a deck of cards. She would look at the card, then smile to herself, or frown. Occasionally a small laugh.

Then she sees the blue haired sorceress approaching. Taking another drag off the cigarette, Brooklyn Hall, shuffles her tarot cards again, but this time, she squats down so she can do a different kind of reading. She lays out three cards, and flips them over, muttering to herself as she does so.

"They... conflict? They cancel each other out, but leave things open for happiness and sorrow both. Disaster and celebration both, but all tinged with sadness. Interesting. I have to get to know her."

Picking up her tarot cards, she shuffles them back together.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strong Allure, Maiden's Garb. +3 total.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Standing near the edge of the crowd is a pale, slightly chubby young woman with slightly odd features and piercing blue eyes. She is wearing a modest brown dress with embroidered squids on it. She clearly thinks it is too warm and is squinting at the unaccustomed brightness.

But... that girl! For her, I'd get used to sunglasses! Sawa Shicchi sighs inaudibly...

Spoiler: attempt to get her to notice me!
    Show

I attempt a luck roll. It is my strong roll.
    I attempt to Invoke the Shining Trapezohedron power, creating a d4 secondary luck roll for a +2 bonus of it works
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

4. - Top - End - #4

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Skill. Total bonuses: +6

Strong Skill +1
    Yamato Nadeshiko +2
    Connections +2
    Humble Servant +1

As the fog clears, you can see a woman of average height fussing over one of the students. Her age is hard to place, but she's got a kind look to her, and is dressed in a moderate outfit. "Daryl, you've got to tuck your shirt in!" she says. "And stand up straight, please. Plus, didn't your mother and I talk about dressing up nice for college? And where is the lunch that was packed?"

Daryl, seemingly used to this, sighs. "It's okay, Fran-I want to make my own way in college, you know? Not rely on you and my mom so much."

"Come on, you know we care about-"

"Fran. I'm fine. Go," Daryl says.

Fran, looking back to the RA and seeing her cock her eyebrow, lets go of Daryl's shirt. "Alright. If you insist... But don't be afraid to call me if you need any help, okay?" She steps back, and Daryl hurries off into the building. She turns to face the RA, and says "He's a good kid. Though he can be real stubborn at times-so, um, if he gets into an argument with a professor, don't hold it against him too much, okay? I don't want you to think badly of him just because he stands his ground in class-even if he's wrong about whatever he's arguing. Lord knows I spent a lot of time trying to argue with him-like a brick wall, really."
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-04-07 at 01:20 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

In the midst of the group of new students the RA was showing around was a small circle of friends that included one particular girl who stood out from the crowd. A lot of her physical features were, at least currently, fairly average, but it would be hard not to notice the silky-soft looking harem outfit she was wearing, with slightly baggy pants and a top that was little more than a bra. The amount of jewelry she was wearing, which included a pair of large earrings, bracelets, and several rings, all seemingly made of gold, certainly didn't do anything to make her less conspicuous, either. Sophia was well aware that a decent number of the people around them who didn't already know her were eying her half of the time, many probably wondering if she was just weird, or was actually, as would be the most likely reason for her to dress like that, a Genie. She didn't mind, though - it was kind of fun that people noticed her that quickly wherever she went.

She noticed when the fog started to clear almost immediately - she kind of hated it, and had been keeping some minor wind magic swirling around her all day to keep the moisture from it from affecting her clothes or hair too much, which at least had the side-effect of keeping her long ponytail blowing a bit to one side of her head. And when the RA pointed out who had gotten rid of it, she was a little awestruck at the other girl. Wow, she's gorgeous, magical, and she hates this fog too? Oh, I've got to get to know her.

First, though, she quickly shifted her hair to purple, and the color of her outfit to red - the better to get the attention of one of her friends, who had a thing for an old video game character who looked like that. "Hey, Tony?" she said, interrupting the conversation he and another of their friends, Danielle, had been having. "Can you remember to ask the RA if there's any special rules about magic use in the dorms for me? I think I'm going to go introduce myself to miss Fire Emblem protagonist over there." As the Genie girl flitted off, one of the other girls in the group could be heard say dryly, "Well, that didn't take long."

As she flew over meet the sorceress, Sophia snapped her fingers and conjured up a comically oversized fan in one hand, which she feigned using to help blow the fog away with her wind magic. Which, inadvertently, wound up pushing back someone else from the group who had also been going to talk to the sorceress after the RA's remarks. "Nice work!" she said to the other girl with a smile. "I've been wanting to do that all day, but I can't get nearly enough wind going to get rid of all of it on my own. You're good."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Think I'm going to try to start things off with a bang. Hypercharged! Allure and Skill.

Allure: Strong +1, Harem Outfit +1, Elemental Affinity +2, Butt In +2, Hypercharged -1 = +5.

Skill: Carry My Books? to apply Allure. Same as above but plus Appealing Form +2 for a total of +7.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

"Are there dedicated medical facilities on campus, or is it mostly RAs with first aid training and maybe some nurses in the admin building or something like that?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    +0, but Easily Forgiven.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Standing near the edge of the crowd is a pale, slightly chubby young woman with slightly odd features and piercing blue eyes. She is wearing a modest brown dress with embroidered squids on it. She clearly thinks it is too warm and is squinting at the unaccustomed brightness.

But... that girl! For her, I'd get used to sunglasses! Sawa Shicchi sighs inaudibly...

Spoiler: attempt to get her to notice me!
    Show

I attempt a luck roll. It is my strong roll.
    I attempt to Invoke the Shining Trapezohedron power, creating a d4 secondary luck roll for a +2 bonus of it works
    Unfortunately for Sawa the crowd manages to block her off from the blue haired woman, eventually some other girl seems to take Sawa's rapid looking around as a sign she needs help.

"Is everything alright, hun?" A gorgeous blonde gal in a widebrim hat, long sleeved shirt, and tight jeans asks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Leaning against the wall of the dorm is a tall, leggy blonde girl. She is wearing the scarlet uniform jacket from what looks like some real preppy private school. Her skirt is a plaid with colors that match the jacket. And she is wearing a set of black tights that accentuate her thighs and calves, as they run down and into her shoes, which is about the only thing she is wearing that looks semi comfortable.

But the jacket is unbuttoned, and reveals her shirt underneath, which she has untucked and tied off just under her breasts. The skirt is only an inch or so past what could really be considered indecent, and is well short of what any sane person could call decent. And the tights are torn in strategic locations to expose what looks like actual tattoos under the opaque material. She takes a long drag off her cigarette and then goes back to what she was doing.

Namely, looking at other students and then drawing the top card off a deck of cards. She would look at the card, then smile to herself, or frown. Occasionally a small laugh.

Then she sees the blue haired sorceress approaching. Taking another drag off the cigarette, Brooklyn Hall, shuffles her tarot cards again, but this time, she squats down so she can do a different kind of reading. She lays out three cards, and flips them over, muttering to herself as she does so.

"They... conflict? They cancel each other out, but leave things open for happiness and sorrow both. Disaster and celebration both, but all tinged with sadness. Interesting. I have to get to know her."

Picking up her tarot cards, she shuffles them back together.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strong Allure, Maiden's Garb. +3 total.
    It turns out Maya does notice Brooklyn

You'll give yourself cancer you keep that up. She grins, clearly teasing as she snaps her finger on the downward spiral motion, the flames of the cig go out.

With that, she makes one last rotation before her arms settle down.

My name's Maya, yours? She asks cocking her head

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Skill. Total bonuses: +6

Strong Skill +1
    Yamato Nadeshiko +2
    Connections +2
    Humble Servant +1

As the fog clears, you can see a woman of average height fussing over one of the students. Her age is hard to place, but she's got a kind look to her, and is dressed in a moderate outfit. "Daryl, you've got to tuck your shirt in!" she says. "And stand up straight, please. Plus, didn't your mother and I talk about dressing up nice for college? And where is the lunch that was packed?"

Daryl, seemingly used to this, sighs. "It's okay, Fran-I want to make my own way in college, you know? Not rely on you and my mom so much."

"Come on, you know we care about-"

"Fran. I'm fine. Go," Daryl says.

Fran, looking back to the RA and seeing her cock her eyebrow, lets go of Daryl's shirt. "Alright. If you insist... But don't be afraid to call me if you need any help, okay?" She steps back, and Daryl hurries off into the building. She turns to face the RA, and says "He's a good kid. Though he can be real stubborn at times-so, um, if he gets into an argument with a professor, don't hold it against him too much, okay? I don't want you to think badly of him just because he stands his ground in class-even if he's wrong about whatever he's arguing. Lord knows I spent a lot of time trying to argue with him-like a brick wall, really."
    "That really wouldn't be my place to deal with. As long as he doesn't get into a fight with a student, or start trashing his dorm I could lose my job if I intervene too much." The pretty blonde replies, before pulling you close.

"Please tell me, he isn't dumb enough to argue with a sorceress." She whispers in your ear, fear trembling in her voice. "From what I've been told Maya's particularly strong among them, Our recruiters heard whispers of her brutalizing people, and forcing women to date her. DON'T MESS WITH HER." She says digging into your robotic arm with her nails.

That's when a young man pops up.

"Hey, um Miss. Do you... is there any rules about magic rules in the dorms?" He asks, to which the RA's eyes flick to Maya before asking.

"Um. No, not really. I mean don't break stuff or hurt people, but besides that magic use is fine. We have a plant nymph senior that always turns her dorm into a freaking greenhouse."

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    In the midst of the group of new students the RA was showing around was a small circle of friends that included one particular girl who stood out from the crowd. A lot of her physical features were, at least currently, fairly average, but it would be hard not to notice the silky-soft looking harem outfit she was wearing, with slightly baggy pants and a top that was little more than a bra. The amount of jewelry she was wearing, which included a pair of large earrings, bracelets, and several rings, all seemingly made of gold, certainly didn't do anything to make her less conspicuous, either. Sophia was well aware that a decent number of the people around them who didn't already know her were eying her half of the time, many probably wondering if she was just weird, or was actually, as would be the most likely reason for her to dress like that, a Genie. She didn't mind, though - it was kind of fun that people noticed her that quickly wherever she went.

She noticed when the fog started to clear almost immediately - she kind of hated it, and had been keeping some minor wind magic swirling around her all day to keep the moisture from it from affecting her clothes or hair too much, which at least had the side-effect of keeping her long ponytail blowing a bit to one side of her head. And when the RA pointed out who had gotten rid of it, she was a little awestruck at the other girl. Wow, she's gorgeous, magical, and she hates this fog too? Oh, I've got to get to know her.

First, though, she quickly shifted her hair to purple, and the color of her outfit to red - the better to get the attention of one of her friends, who had a thing for an old video game character who looked like that. "Hey, Tony?" she said, interrupting the conversation he and another of their friends, Danielle, had been having. "Can you remember to ask the RA if there's any special rules about magic use in the dorms for me? I think I'm going to go introduce myself to miss Fire Emblem protagonist over there." As the Genie girl flitted off, one of the other girls in the group could be heard say dryly, "Well, that didn't take long."

As she flew over meet the sorceress, Sophia snapped her fingers and conjured up a comically oversized fan in one hand, which she feigned using to help blow the fog away with her wind magic. Which, inadvertently, wound up pushing back someone else from the group who had also been going to talk to the sorceress after the RA's remarks. "Nice work!" she said to the other girl with a smile. "I've been wanting to do that all day, but I can't get nearly enough wind going to get rid of all of it on my own. You're good."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Think I'm going to try to start things off with a bang. Hypercharged! Allure and Skill.

Allure: Strong +1, Harem Outfit +1, Elemental Affinity +2, Butt In +2, Hypercharged -1 = +5.

Skill: Carry My Books? to apply Allure. Same as above but plus Appealing Form +2 for a total of +7.
    Thank you! She curtsies, turning from Brooklyn. Personally, I'm using water magic to control the moisture in the air. She says her hands gesturing to herself. I've never had the opportunity to learn Wind magic before.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "Are there dedicated medical facilities on campus, or is it mostly RAs with first aid training and maybe some nurses in the admin building or something like that?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    +0, but Easily Forgiven.
    "We've got nurses, and a single doctor for the campus, we also have a celestial in each building for emergencies." She explains. "Our tours will show you where the celestial office is."

And if you're near me, I can help! Maya calls out loudly.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "We've got nurses, and a single doctor for the campus, we also have a celestial in each building for emergencies." She explains. "Our tours will show you where the celestial office is."

And if you're near me, I can help! Maya calls out loudly.
    "Uh, thanks!" Morrigan calls back, before carefully working her way through the crowd. "Most people, I'd be a bit worried sticking too close to them for the tour duration, but you're tougher than most I'll bet. Hi! My name's Morrigan."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

It turns out Maya does notice Brooklyn

You'll give yourself cancer you keep that up. She grins, clearly teasing as she snaps her finger on the downward spiral motion, the flames of the cig go out.

With that, she makes one last rotation before her arms settle down.

My name's Maya, yours? She asks cocking her head
    Brooklyn pulls the now unlit cigarette from her mouth and looks at it before flicking it away. That was a bit rude, actually. Name's Brooklyn. Ironic, since I grew up in the Bronx.

She puts her cards away as she starts walking with Maya.

"Sides. It won't be the cancer that does me in, she says as she pulls out her pack of cigarettes.

You put out the last one, mind doin' the opposite for this one?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you! She curtsies, turning from Brooklyn. Personally, I'm using water magic to control the moisture in the air. She says her hands gesturing to herself. I've never had the opportunity to learn Wind magic before.
    "Oh, nice," Sophie said, sounding genuinely impressed. "Water magic's not one of my talents - well, unless I'm granting a wish, anyway, in which case, you know," she says while flexing one arm, which momentarily turns heavily muscled like that of a bodybuilder, only to return to normal when she stopped flexing a second later. "But if it's anything like my wind magic, that doesn't sound easy. I mean, giving things a big or little push is one thing, but controlling the natural winds down to a small scale like that... well, I still have trouble steadying the winds around me when I'm flying sometimes, especially if I try to go much higher than a two-story building, and my dad's been helping me with that since I was twelve."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

11. - Top - End - #11

"Uh, thanks!" Morrigan calls back, before carefully working her way through the crowd. "Most people, I'd be a bit worried sticking too close to them for the tour duration, but you're tougher than most I'll bet. Hi! My name's Morrigan."
    Why would you be worried about sticking too close to someone. You don't exactly look dangerous, and I can tell you're not a sorceress. Maya replies raising a curious eyebrow.

Brooklyn pulls the now unlit cigarette from her mouth and looks at it before flicking it away. That was a bit rude, actually. Name's Brooklyn. Ironic, since I grew up in the Bronx.

She puts her cards away as she starts walking with Maya.

"Sides. It won't be the cancer that does me in, she says as she pulls out her pack of cigarettes.

You put out the last one, mind doin' the opposite for this one?
    Um..... So this is embarrassing, but I don't have a lighter on me, and I never had the opportunity to learn fire magic before.... Maya looks at the ground sheepishly, tapping her foot

12. - Top - End - #12

"Oh, nice," Sophie said, sounding genuinely impressed. "Water magic's not one of my talents - well, unless I'm granting a wish, anyway, in which case, you know," she says while flexing one arm, which momentarily turns heavily muscled like that of a bodybuilder, only to return to normal when she stopped flexing a second later. "But if it's anything like my wind magic, that doesn't sound easy. I mean, giving things a big or little push is one thing, but controlling the natural winds down to a small scale like that... well, I still have trouble steadying the winds around me when I'm flying sometimes, especially if I try to go much higher than a two-story building, and my dad's been helping me with that since I was twelve."
    Oh, that really depends on the sorcerer. Some of them struggle with the detail sort of stuff. Personally that's always been something I was good at, and frankly it was the one thing my sorcerer tutor was good at. Maya replies. He got so jealous, when like three months in I lifted a bigger stone slab then him. She looks at the ground with a proud little grin on her face.
    Last edited by Illven; 2021-04-09 at 10:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Why would you be worried about sticking too close to someone. You don't exactly look dangerous, and I can tell you're not a sorceress. Maya replies raising a curious eyebrow.
    "Oh, I'm kinda a bad luck magnet and nobody can really figure out why. Everything just kinda goes super-wrong around me, but it's not like...reactive magic since I don't really have any. At least not any more than most people." She gives a carefree shrug. "Like I said, you should be fine. And I...should be fine too. Probably. But just in case, let's go find those angels, huh?" she jokes.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14

"Oh, I'm kinda a bad luck magnet and nobody can really figure out why. Everything just kinda goes super-wrong around me, but it's not like...reactive magic since I don't really have any. At least not any more than most people." She gives a carefree shrug. "Like I said, you should be fine. And I...should be fine too. Probably. But just in case, let's go find those angels, huh?" she jokes.
    Well then let's hope meeting me was equivalent luck to all your total misfortune. She sticks out her tongue teasing back.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

'S not embarrassing, Brooklyn says, pulling an old zippo out of her jacket pocket. With a practiced motion, she flips the top open and it lights up. She then lights up her new cigarette as she goes on.

Not everyone smokes. I do. What am I gonna do, rely on waitin' for the right lady to come by and light me up like one of them smooth secret agents from the movies? F**k no, I ain't! I can take care of myself, know what I mean?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #16

'S not embarrassing, Brooklyn says, pulling an old zippo out of her jacket pocket. With a practiced motion, she flips the top open and it lights up. She then lights up her new cigarette as she goes on.

Not everyone smokes. I do. What am I gonna do, rely on waitin' for the right lady to come by and light me up like one of them smooth secret agents from the movies? F**k no, I ain't! I can take care of myself, know what I mean?
    Yeah, I understand. I'll just have to get a lighter, and light one for in the future. Maya winks.

It is at overhearing this, the RA nervously approaches and puts her knees on the ground holding up a small bic lighter like a gift to a goddess.

"Please, Maya. Please accept this humble offering." She starts, to which Maya looks at you, (and the other girls) very confused.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn pulls out her cards. She gives them a shuffle, then asks the RA to cut the cards and flip the top one over.

Inverted Heirophant. This one is destined to serve, never to lead. Though it should be said that servitude has its own rewards, and we should never forget the greatest leader of all was himself a self declared servant to all.

Brooklyn pats the RA on the head like a puppy. "But, seriously. Next time, get yourself a Zippo, learn a few tricks. Impress someone."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, that really depends on the sorcerer. Some of them struggle with the detail sort of stuff. Personally that's always been something I was good at, and frankly it was the one thing my sorcerer tutor was good at. Maya replies. He got so jealous, when like three months in I lifted a bigger stone slab then him. She looks at the ground with a proud little grin on her face.
    "Oh. Huh," Sophia said, and put one fist under her jaw in the classic "Thinker" pose. "Weird. I don't think it's a problem with detailed stuff for me, I'm pretty good at that when it comes to shape-shifting and conjuring minor objects." Presumably to demonstrate, her hair shimmered with every color of the rainbow for a moment as she made that remark, with the colors moving in perfect swirl patterns before breaking apart and seeming to mix back together into a platinum-blonde color. "But with the winds it's different... I dunno, maybe it's something that doesn't translate between Genie magic and sorcerer magic. I've never met a sorcerer before to compare."

Yeah, I understand. I'll just have to get a lighter, and light one for in the future. Maya winks.

It is at overhearing this, the RA nervously approaches and puts her knees on the ground holding up a small bic lighter like a gift to a goddess.

"Please, Maya. Please accept this humble offering." She starts, to which Maya looks at you, (and the other girls) very confused.
    Sophia looks over at Maya just as confused at the RA's actions. "Uh... you not have any magic-users where you're from or something, miss?" she asks the RA tentatively. "I mean, I know it's kind of rare and everything, but the last time I saw someone be, uh, like that about it was, like, kindergarten."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-09 at 11:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Brooklyn pulls out her cards. She gives them a shuffle, then asks the RA to cut the cards and flip the top one over.

Inverted Heirophant. This one is destined to serve, never to lead. Though it should be said that servitude has its own rewards, and we should never forget the greatest leader of all was himself a self declared servant to all.

Brooklyn pats the RA on the head like a puppy. "But, seriously. Next time, get yourself a Zippo, learn a few tricks. Impress someone."
    The RA turns to Maya for her impression, who shrugs in complete confusion.

"Yeah, I guess. Get a zippo, have fun? She remarks, to which the RA immediately jumps to her feet. "Right away!" She beams manically, starting to rush off.

Um....but uh... the tour...... Maya raises a finger.

"Oh. Huh," Sophia said, and put one fist under her jaw in the classic "Thinker" pose. "Weird. I don't think it's a problem with detailed stuff for me, I'm pretty good at that when it comes to shape-shifting and conjuring minor objects." Presumably to demonstrate, her hair shimmered with every color of the rainbow for a moment as she made that remark, with the colors moving in perfect swirl patterns before breaking apart and seeming to mix back together into a platinum-blonde color. "But with the winds its different... I dunno, maybe it's something that doesn't translate between Genie magic and sorcerer magic. I've never met a sorcerer before to compare."

Sophia looks over at Maya just as confused at the RA's actions. "Uh... you not have any magic-users where you're from or something, miss?" she asks the RA tentatively. "I mean, I know it's kind of rare and everything, but the last time I saw someone be, uh, like that about it was, like, kindergarten."
    At the second part as the RA runs off without answering the question, Maya just sighs.

Honestly, while her reaction is a bit....extreme. She admits. I did have to wonder how many of my "friends" in high school were just too terrified to tell me to go **** off. She swears casually.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn takes a pull on her cigarette as she puts her cards away again.

See? Destined to serve.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #21

Brooklyn takes a pull on her cigarette as she puts her cards away again.

See? Destined to serve.
    I wish she had served us up a tour before leaving. Maya sighed. How long do you think she'll take to get a zippo? Maya asks Brooklyn.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I wish she had served us up a tour before leaving. Maya sighed. How long do you think she'll take to get a zippo? Maya asks Brooklyn.
    Don't know. Don't really care. Anyway. Bored now. See you around... Brooklyn pulls a card out of where she tucks them into her shirt. She looks at it, then looks a bit surprised.

And soon.

She starts to walk off.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

The RA turns to Maya for her impression, who shrugs in complete confusion.

"Yeah, I guess. Get a zippo, have fun? She remarks, to which the RA immediately jumps to her feet. "Right away!" She beams manically, starting to rush off.

Um....but uh... the tour...... Maya raises a finger.
    Sophia just gives a blank, flabbergasted look at the RA's behavior. "Uh... being an RA is a job, right? I mean, I get getting excited about something and going all tunnel vision on it, I certainly do that sometimes, but... when you're at your job?"

At the second part as the RA runs off without answering the question, Maya just sighs.

Honestly, while her reaction is a bit....extreme. She admits. I did have to wonder how many of my "friends" in high school were just too terrified to tell me to go **** off. She swears casually.
    "Really? That's what worries you? I mean, if they were scared, I'd think they'd just avoid you, not pretend to be friends. The real trouble's the ones that pretend to like you just to get to use your powers. ...though I guess that's harder with a sorcerer than a Genie, huh? No lamp and all," Sophie said, sounding a bit jealous at that last.

24. - Top - End - #24

Don't know. Don't really care. Anyway. Bored now. See you around... Brooklyn pulls a card out of where she tucks them into her shirt. She looks at it, then looks a bit surprised.

And soon.

She starts to walk off.
    Okay, see ya around then. She beams, your air seeming to calm her.

As Brooklyn walks away she sees the commotion the abandonment of the RA has caused the student body. She sees in particular one Cthulhu cultist, and a southern belle.

Sophia just gives a blank, flabbergasted look at the RA's behavior. "Uh... being an RA is a job, right? I mean, I get getting excited about something and going all tunnel vision on it, I certainly do that sometimes, but... when you're at your job?"

"Really? That's what worries you? I mean, if they were scared, I'd think they'd just avoid you, not pretend to be friends. The real trouble's the ones that pretend to like you just to get to use your powers. ...though I guess that's harder with a sorcerer than a Genie, huh? No lamp and all," Sophie said, sounding a bit jealous at that last.
    Oh, when I awoke the school pretty much had the worst reaction possible, they held a little assembly and took the person I hurt during my awakening, and said if I wasn't kept pleased I could do that to all of them, and that especially if the bullying continued the cops were going to do jack all about it. She sighs Cause you know, why react rationally to a potential problem.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, when I awoke the school pretty much had the worst reaction possible, they held a little assembly and took the person I hurt during my awakening, and said if I wasn't kept pleased I could do that to all of them, and that especially if the bullying continued the cops were going to do jack all about it. She sighs Cause you know, why react rationally to a potential problem.
    Sophia gives the sorceress a stunned look. "What. The f***?" she said, momentarily unable to do anything else.

"I mean, did your awakening turn the school staff's brains into water or something?" she remarked when that moment passed - and was at least herself enough to illustrate by conjuring a small amount of water to flow out of one of her ears as she cocked her head to one side. "That's just... damn, girl, that's crazy. All that was ever going to do was scare everyone ****less."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn heads toward the southern belle.

Well, hello, darling. Need any help with anything? Fortune? Misfortune?

Brooklyn gestures with her cigarette. Whatever you want, I can oblige.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #27

Sophia gives the sorceress a stunned look. "What. The f***?" she said, momentarily unable to do anything else.

"I mean, did your awakening turn the school staff's brains into water or something?" she remarked when that moment passed - and was at least herself enough to illustrate by conjuring a small amount of water to flow out of one of her ears as she cocked her head to one side. "That's just... damn, girl, that's crazy. All that was ever going to do was scare everyone ****less."
    Exactly, it's like. I'm sorry, that my awakening hurt someone, but it's not like I could control it in the five minutes that I'm suddenly given godlike powers. Like I wasn't bullied all that heavily, and I'm pretty sure people could figure out **** around and find out without. "Hey here's her first victim, do you want to be her second!?"

Pretty much ruined my first relationship as well, cause I didn't find out about this assembly till months later.

Brooklyn heads toward the southern belle.

Well, hello, darling. Need any help with anything? Fortune? Misfortune?

Brooklyn gestures with her cigarette. Whatever you want, I can oblige.
    "Well hun. Wouldn't ya say fortune would be best?" She teases cocking her head with a smile.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on what you want out of it, if I'm being fair.

Brooklyn reaches into her shirt and pulls out her cards again.

She starts shuffling them as she goes on. So, cutie. What will it be? A quick read? A short read, or would you like a full reading?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #29

Depends on what you want out of it, if I'm being fair.

Brooklyn reaches into her shirt and pulls out her cards again.

She starts shuffling them as she goes on. So, cutie. What will it be? A quick read? A short read, or would you like a full reading?
    "I think I have time for a full reading." She replies casting a glance to Sawa.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Well. Come, sit here with me.

Brooklyn sits at a nearby table, shuffling the cards as she does so.

Now. All I need to know from you are three things. First, your name.

After the girl responds, Brooklyn goes on. Second, I need to know your question. What do you need answered?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!