Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 230
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Exactly, it's like. I'm sorry, that my awakening hurt someone, but it's not like I could control it in the five minutes that I'm suddenly given godlike powers. Like I wasn't bullied all that heavily, and I'm pretty sure people could figure out **** around and find out without. "Hey here's her first victim, do you want to be her second!?"

    Pretty much ruined my first relationship as well, cause I didn't find out about this assembly till months later.
    "Dang... I'm sorry to hear that, that's extra rough," Sophia said, sympathizing. "I've been there. Well, not for the same reasons, I think, but relationships falling apart always sucks pretty bad. He basically got scared off by those dimwits, then?"
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Sawa gives a little wave, but the woman who cast her a glance is clearly occupied. She's still more interested in the sorcerer, and mills closer to where she is talking with Sophia. She tries not to get caught eavesdropping.

    Spoiler: if acknowledged or caught
    Show
    If Sawa interrupts them on accident, she tries to cover by asking, lamely, Do you know what we are supposed to do now? I don't think the RA ditching us was part of the tour.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Well. Come, sit here with me.

    Brooklyn sits at a nearby table, shuffling the cards as she does so.

    Now. All I need to know from you are three things. First, your name.

    After the girl responds, Brooklyn goes on. Second, I need to know your question. What do you need answered?
    "Mary, hun. May I have yours?"

    "And how lucky do ya think this lil belle will be at romance~"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "Dang... I'm sorry to hear that, that's extra rough," Sophia said, sympathizing. "I've been there. Well, not for the same reasons, I think, but relationships falling apart always sucks pretty bad. He basically got scared off by those dimwits, then?"
    She. I swing both ways/ Maya corrects gently. But um.... She blushes clearly embarrassed by what she's about to reveal. So um, I asked out our head cheerleader because well I had a massive crush on her, like half the dang school. She was polite about it, but laughed awkwardly cause she was straight and got hopeful love confessions from girls all the time. Cause she was succublooded see. She explains starting to speed up her voice.

    And well, apparently she spent that entire assembly wondering if I would seek vengeance against her for laughing at me. And uh well you always hear that sorcerers are good at romance, so since I was a dumb kid I just kinda assumed it applied..... yeah that was kinda a dumpster fire that I was too dumb to realize I shoulda avoided.

    She takes a moment to compose herself I mean obviously no matter what the school board did, nothing was coming of that, but I coulda had a better first relationship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Sawa gives a little wave, but the woman who cast her a glance is clearly occupied. She's still more interested in the sorcerer, and mills closer to where she is talking with Sophia. She tries not to get caught eavesdropping.

    Spoiler: if acknowledged or caught
    Show
    If Sawa interrupts them on accident, she tries to cover by asking, lamely, Do you know what we are supposed to do now? I don't think the RA ditching us was part of the tour.
    Unfortunately Maya spots Sawa immediately, even though Sawa approaches from her back.

    Maybe find an upperclassman, and ask where the admin office is? She rubs the back of her neck still looking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Sawa is both embarrassed and elated. The girl is at least playing on the right team, even if she isn't that interested in Sawa, yet.
    She goes off to find someone to help, just like the lovely woman said.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Sawa is both embarrassed and elated. The girl is at least playing on the right team, even if she isn't that interested in Sawa, yet.
    She goes off to find someone to help, just like the lovely woman said.
    It doesn't take long before she finds an obvious adult, a 25ish? curly redheaded women with a parasol over her head. A vampire~

    "Excuse me miss, have you seen Miss.Proctor, your RA? She should be here."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    It doesn't take long before she finds an obvious adult, a 25ish? curly redheaded women with a parasol over her head. A vampire~

    "Excuse me miss, have you seen Miss.Proctor, your RA? She should be here."
    She...um, left. I was sent to find someone to help our group because we didn't know what to do.

    It wouldn't do to say "she freaked out and ran away because she was afraid of Maya" Neither the RA nor Maya would appreciate that.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Sawa gives a little wave, but the woman who cast her a glance is clearly occupied. She's still more interested in the sorcerer, and mills closer to where she is talking with Sophia. She tries not to get caught eavesdropping.

    Spoiler: if acknowledged or caught
    Show
    If Sawa interrupts them on accident, she tries to cover by asking, lamely, Do you know what we are supposed to do now? I don't think the RA ditching us was part of the tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Unfortunately Maya spots Sawa immediately, even though Sawa approaches from her back.

    Maybe find an upperclassman, and ask where the admin office is? She rubs the back of her neck still looking around.
    "Yeah, I have no clue either..." Sophia remarked, just before Sawa left. She thought about suggesting that maybe she could catch the RA if she flew and try to get her to come back... but right then, she really wanted to just keep talking to Maya. The hapless RA could wait, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    She. I swing both ways/ Maya corrects gently. But um.... She blushes clearly embarrassed by what she's about to reveal. So um, I asked out our head cheerleader because well I had a massive crush on her, like half the dang school. She was polite about it, but laughed awkwardly cause she was straight and got hopeful love confessions from girls all the time. Cause she was succublooded see. She explains starting to speed up her voice.

    And well, apparently she spent that entire assembly wondering if I would seek vengeance against her for laughing at me. And uh well you always hear that sorcerers are good at romance, so since I was a dumb kid I just kinda assumed it applied..... yeah that was kinda a dumpster fire that I was too dumb to realize I shoulda avoided.

    She takes a moment to compose herself I mean obviously no matter what the school board did, nothing was coming of that, but I coulda had a better first relationship.
    Sophia's expression brightens a bit when Maya mentions she swings both ways, but returns back to the sympathetic look she'd had as the girl's story goes on. "Oh... yeah, that's rough," she agreed. "Though, hey, it could've been worse. My first relationship ended in a restraining order. Remember what I said about people who pretend to like you to get at your magic being the ones I worry about? That, uh, isn't just me being paranoid. My first boyfriend turned out to be like that. That... went pretty bad, for a while."
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    She...um, left. I was sent to find someone to help our group because we didn't know what to do.

    It wouldn't do to say "she freaked out and ran away because she was afraid of Maya" Neither the RA nor Maya would appreciate that.
    "That's strange. That's so unlike her, why did she leave?" The vampiress asks rolling her head confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "Yeah, I have no clue either..." Sophia remarked, just before Sawa left. She thought about suggesting that maybe she could catch the RA if she flew and try to get her to come back... but right then, she really wanted to just keep talking to Maya. The hapless RA could wait, right?


    Sophia's expression brightens a bit when Maya mentions she swings both ways, but returns back to the sympathetic look she'd had as the girl's story goes on. "Oh... yeah, that's rough," she agreed. "Though, hey, it could've been worse. My first relationship ended in a restraining order. Remember what I said about people who pretend to like you to get at your magic being the ones I worry about? That, uh, isn't just me being paranoid. My first boyfriend turned out to be like that. That... went pretty bad, for a while."
    "Is there any chance he knows where you went to college? He might try something when you're away from most of your support structure depending on how obsessive he is. She leans in close, worriedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "That's strange. That's so unlike her, why did she leave?" The vampiress asks rolling her head confused.
    She didn't say. She just ran off in that direction. I hope she's ok. Sawa points in the direction the RA fled.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2021-04-10 at 01:58 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "Mary, hun. May I have yours?"

    "And how lucky do ya think this lil belle will be at romance~"
    Brooklyn smiles. Well, Mary. I'm Brooklyn. And let's just see what the cards have to say.

    She lays out a series of cards in a cross pattern. Center first, a card tilted 90 degrees on top of that. A card above it, a card below it. A card to the left, then to the right. Three cards are laid out beneath the cross, and another four vertically arranged off to the side.

    Brooklyn then begins revealing the cards in the same order she laid them out. She tells Mary about each card and what it means for her. And even though they have never met, there is something in Brooklyn's reading that goes beyond chance or happenstance. Unlike mediums who have to rely on cold reads and their victim filling in blanks for the reader, Brooklyn just speaks. And the words reveal the barest hint of her gift as a true psychic.

    And finally, the outcome. Now. I know things have been bleak. A dry spell. Not much in the way of opportunity, but... Brooklyn turns over the final card.

    The reverse Wheel of Fortune. The cycle will break. Fortune is changing, and considering it has been for ill, now it can change for the better.

    Brooklyn looks up at her with a coy smile. I think a change is in order for you. And I think I know just what to do. Instead of my usual $9.95, how about dinner with me instead? Boys clearly haven't been doing it for you.

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "Is there any chance he knows where you went to college? He might try something when you're away from most of your support structure depending on how obsessive he is. She leans in close, worriedly.
    "I don't think so, thank heavens. It's been a few years, I haven't seen him since since Sophomore year of high school. I think he must've moved after the restraining order went through. His parents at least seemed like good people, once they found out, they might've wanted to get him away from the situation," Sophia speculated. "Still, that whole situation sure made me a lot more careful about giving anyone a chance to take my lamp. And I wasn't exactly careless with it before, I just... thought we were in love, you know? It was my first relationship, so it was still hard to tell love from lust, or even think that anyone might be acting romantic like that for any reason besides actually feeling that way. Kinda like you said, I was still a dumb kid," she remarked with a sheepish smile.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Fran catches up, having been slowed by seeing Daryl making a small fool of himself and having the urge to correct that, and looks at the small assembled group. She catches the tail end of Sophia's self-deprecation, and says "We're all young at times. The best thing you can do is learn from your parents-they've made mistakes for you, so you don't have to. But," she adds with a smile, "I understand that's not always possible. Sometimes, you're mad at them and don't listen to what they say. Sometimes, they aren't there to teach you. Sometimes, you have to find your own family."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Well then let's hope meeting me was equivalent luck to all your total misfortune. She sticks out her tongue teasing back.
    Morrigan chuckles. "I hope your tongue's not writing checks your company can't cash."


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Nothing currently. Maybe come start one?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    She didn't say. She just ran off in that direction. I hope she's ok. Sawa points in the direction the RA fled.
    "Very well." The vampiress pulls out a phone, dialing with extraordinary speed. "Yes, this is Abigail, may I speak to the head of Orientation........ Yes. The RA of Alpha Dorm seems to have abandoned her charge for some reason..... Well of course, a student is the one telling me this but I also don't see her here..... No I really don't think it's a first day prank. Look can you just tell the tourguide to meet me outside the green."

    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Brooklyn smiles. Well, Mary. I'm Brooklyn. And let's just see what the cards have to say.

    She lays out a series of cards in a cross pattern. Center first, a card tilted 90 degrees on top of that. A card above it, a card below it. A card to the left, then to the right. Three cards are laid out beneath the cross, and another four vertically arranged off to the side.

    Brooklyn then begins revealing the cards in the same order she laid them out. She tells Mary about each card and what it means for her. And even though they have never met, there is something in Brooklyn's reading that goes beyond chance or happenstance. Unlike mediums who have to rely on cold reads and their victim filling in blanks for the reader, Brooklyn just speaks. And the words reveal the barest hint of her gift as a true psychic.

    And finally, the outcome. Now. I know things have been bleak. A dry spell. Not much in the way of opportunity, but... Brooklyn turns over the final card.

    The reverse Wheel of Fortune. The cycle will break. Fortune is changing, and considering it has been for ill, now it can change for the better.

    Brooklyn looks up at her with a coy smile. I think a change is in order for you. And I think I know just what to do. Instead of my usual $9.95, how about dinner with me instead? Boys clearly haven't been doing it for you.
    "Oh, darling. I appreciate the compliment, but I'm straight." Mary replies. "But for a pretty lil thing like you, change that to a coffee date and you have a deal."

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "I don't think so, thank heavens. It's been a few years, I haven't seen him since since Sophomore year of high school. I think he must've moved after the restraining order went through. His parents at least seemed like good people, once they found out, they might've wanted to get him away from the situation," Sophia speculated. "Still, that whole situation sure made me a lot more careful about giving anyone a chance to take my lamp. And I wasn't exactly careless with it before, I just... thought we were in love, you know? It was my first relationship, so it was still hard to tell love from lust, or even think that anyone might be acting romantic like that for any reason besides actually feeling that way. Kinda like you said, I was still a dumb kid," she remarked with a sheepish smile.
    [Sophia, roll an allure or skill check to deceive that your vessel is a lamp and not a ring]

    Maya reaches for a high five
    Yay for dumb kids! She jokingly cheers. May we be smarter people then we were before!

    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Fran catches up, having been slowed by seeing Daryl making a small fool of himself and having the urge to correct that, and looks at the small assembled group. She catches the tail end of Sophia's self-deprecation, and says "We're all young at times. The best thing you can do is learn from your parents-they've made mistakes for you, so you don't have to. But," she adds with a smile, "I understand that's not always possible. Sometimes, you're mad at them and don't listen to what they say. Sometimes, they aren't there to teach you. Sometimes, you have to find your own family."
    That doesn't really work in my case. Neither of my parents are sorcerers, but it's not like they "failed" me, Maya says throwing air quotes around failed. They just literally didn't have the context to be able to help. Not like anyone makes a "Adjusting to suddenly gaining super powers for dummies."

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Morrigan chuckles. "I hope your tongue's not writing checks your company can't cash."
    I will have you know, in my unbiased opinion. My company is objectively amazing. She teases back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Brooklyn reaches for her cards, but she accidentally hits the side of the deck, knocking some of them around. Instinctively, she looks down. Three cards from the entire stack face up. Only three.

    Inverted Lovers, upright tower. Nine of cups.... Brooklyn bites her lower lip, sucking it in in thought.

    No. It couldn't... could it?

    Brooklyn gathers the cards, and then looks up, smiling.

    Not coffee. Tea. I spotted an interesting looking park earlier. A quiet brook with some weeping trees. Not willows though, since they were pink and purple, not green. A lovely afternoon sitting under the trees and watching the people going by.

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Brooklyn reaches for her cards, but she accidentally hits the side of the deck, knocking some of them around. Instinctively, she looks down. Three cards from the entire stack face up. Only three.

    Inverted Lovers, upright tower. Nine of cups.... Brooklyn bites her lower lip, sucking it in in thought.

    No. It couldn't... could it?

    Brooklyn gathers the cards, and then looks up, smiling.

    Not coffee. Tea. I spotted an interesting looking park earlier. A quiet brook with some weeping trees. Not willows though, since they were pink and purple, not green. A lovely afternoon sitting under the trees and watching the people going by.
    "That sounds lovely." Mary takes your hand in hers. "Just as long as I can throw one cup in the water. Have to respect my heritage see." She winks with a wide grin on her face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Brooklyn smiles back. Now, now. I'm the damn Yankee here. If anyone is going to be throwing perfectly good tea anywhere, it will be me.

    She lifts the hand up, and gently kisses it. Tomorrow afternoon? Get away from the craziness of everyone moving in?

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Brooklyn smiles back. Now, now. I'm the damn Yankee here. If anyone is going to be throwing perfectly good tea anywhere, it will be me.

    She lifts the hand up, and gently kisses it. Tomorrow afternoon? Get away from the craziness of everyone moving in?
    "We will do it together. Celebrate America north and south." Mary blushes slightly at the kiss.

    "And that sounds lovely~"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    [Sophia, roll an allure or skill check to deceive that your vessel is a lamp and not a ring]


    Maya reaches for a high five
    Yay for dumb kids! She jokingly cheers. May we be smarter people then we were before!
    Sophia reaches up and high-fives enthusiastically. "And sooner rather than later!" she agrees.

    She then looks surprised as something occurs to her. "Oh! Shoot, uh, speaking of being dumb," she says as a dunce cap appears on her head, "I never introduced myself, did I? I'm Sophia Sterling."

    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Fran catches up, having been slowed by seeing Daryl making a small fool of himself and having the urge to correct that, and looks at the small assembled group. She catches the tail end of Sophia's self-deprecation, and says "We're all young at times. The best thing you can do is learn from your parents-they've made mistakes for you, so you don't have to. But," she adds with a smile, "I understand that's not always possible. Sometimes, you're mad at them and don't listen to what they say. Sometimes, they aren't there to teach you. Sometimes, you have to find your own family."
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    That doesn't really work in my case. Neither of my parents are sorcerers, but it's not like they "failed" me, Maya says throwing air quotes around failed. They just literally didn't have the context to be able to help. Not like anyone makes a "Adjusting to suddenly gaining super powers for dummies.".
    "Yeah, same. My parents only ever dated each other, so they never really went through anything like that. Hard to warn me about it when they didn't see it coming either," she remarked. "Though they were basically the ones who saved me from it - I dunno what would've happened if they hadn't figured out what was going on and gotten my lamp back from him."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-10 at 11:27 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Until tomorrow then.

    Brooklyn runs her thumb across the back of Mary's knuckles as she stands up. She replaces the cards in her shirt. (Did she maybe pull it down a bit further than it was earlier? Or was it always that low?) And then she stands up straight, and heads off, looking for.... something.

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "Yeah, same. My parents only ever dated each other, so they never really went through anything like that. Hard to warn me about it when they didn't see it coming either," she remarked. "Though they were basically the ones who saved me from it - I dunno what would've happened if they hadn't figured out what was going on and gotten my lamp back from him."
    Awwww. That sounds so sweet! Maya beams warmly at the first part a squeal in her voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Awwww. That sounds so sweet! Maya beams warmly at the first part a squeal in her voice.
    Sophia smirked a bit at that. "You a bit of a romantic?" she half-teased, half-asked. "But yeah, they kind of got lucky and found each other on the first try. Doesn't happen to most of us, but it's great when it does."
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Sophia smirked a bit at that. "You a bit of a romantic?" she half-teased, half-asked. "But yeah, they kind of got lucky and found each other on the first try. Doesn't happen to most of us, but it's great when it does."
    Maybe just alil bit~ Maya grins. What about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zevox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Maybe just alil bit~ Maya grins. What about you?
    Sophia stopped a moment, seemingly needing to think about that one before answering. "I... hm, I wanted to be, I'd say. But, well, the way things have gone for me so far hasn't been encouraging there, y'know? So, I dunno anymore," she finished with a shrug - one of the only gestures she's made since meeting Maya that isn't exaggerated in some way.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    "So, you mentioned your lamp?" Fran asks Sophia. "I know Maya here is a powerful mage, but are you a genie?"
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Episode 1 (A magical meeting) Scene 2

    The Vampiress, who insists you call her Abigail instead of a last name, and has yet to reveal her actual age, starts directing all of you across the campus

    "We here at Littlebrooke college are terribly sorry that you have been abandoned by your RA, this is my first time directing a tour so if you have any questions please feel free to ask."

    "We will start with a tour of all the buildings. Starting with the dining hall, for any vampiric students that may be hungry. If you see a professor, please feel free to introduce yourself. I teach biology, and please no wise cracks about my undead nature. It's simply rude."

    "After the dining hall, we'll be taking a tour of your learning facilities. Then the gymnasium, exercise room included, you'll want it to fight off the freshmen fifteen." She adds as a afterthought. "While we're doing all that, our people in the admin office will be making your room assignments."

    [Room assignments. How are you going to make sure Maya's your roommate!?]

    Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

    Allure =If you ask really really nicely. They'll be sure to pick you= +3 VP with Maya.

    Skill =They are using paper slips? Just forge them. +3 VP with Maya.

    Conflict =Intimidate the hell out of the employees. +3 VP with Maya.

    Luck =Aw. You got lucky how sweet. +3 VP with Maya.

    I will allow one tie. If more then two people tie, I will use tiebreaking rules to determine the two winners. (Higher mod tie breaks, if mods are equal I'll reroll.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Brooklyn skips the tour. She can figure everything out herself. Its not like she won't have time, or folks to help her if and when she needs it.

    And she supposes. The nuns and the bishop may have been right. God's will might have something to do with it too, but then again, f*** him. He didn't really want to be around to make **** easier for one of his 'prophets' so why should she start caring now?

    But when it comes to Maya, it is Brooklyn's will that they have to deal with.

    She walks into the admin building, picks a door, and bangs through it.

    Now, listen to me. Maya is incredibly special. I have seen it, she taps her eyes.

    And I have seen it. She taps the space between and just above her eyes.

    I have touched upon something in her, and I will not see more pain heaped upon her. So here is what we are going to do. You will assign me as her roommate, and I will make sure she is taken care of. And that, I think, will be best for everyone.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict, Personality Flip. -2 total.

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Sawa Shicchi excuses herself. Then, out of sight, she drops to her knees and prays to Nylarthahotep, the only god in her pantheon depraved enough to answer prayers.
    *In Enochian*
    O Dark Soldier, this humble pilgrim begs you assist her in her quest for greater knowledge. Specifically the knowledge of how to be the lover of that beautiful sorceress.
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    I use luck, it being my strong ability and me having no relevant powers to overcome that himble +1 bonus. If I get a 1or a 2, I will reroll it.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The once and future Harem

    Fran sticks close to the vampiress, asking various questions. She makes sure she'll know where her charges are, just in case they need her help.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Connections +2, weak allure -1. Total of +1.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •