New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

"Don't be silly," Floris says, hiking her skirts to stand. She offers Maya a hand up. "Of course I'll come help. Worst case scenario, I die," she points out chipperly.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "Oh....Then like dreaming how?" She asks wincing at the pinch~
    I just.... experienced something.... In there... She gestures toward the church with her cigarette.

Only... not in there. In here. She points to her head, and then to the center of her chest.

And here.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    "Don't be silly," Floris says, hiking her skirts to stand. She offers Maya a hand up. "Of course I'll come help. Worst case scenario, I die," she points out chipperly.
    "Uh, yeah. That's kinda the worst case scenario," Sophia comments stunned by that remark.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

"So we're all in agreement! Nothing that bad can happen!" Floris stuck out the offered hand to Maya insistently.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "Ooh-kaay?" Sophia said slowly, confused. "Not sure how that turns into you being able to tell someone's awakening now, though."

"Floris maybe. And Morrigan definitely," she said, shooting an apologetic look at the luckless girl. "But I might be able to help. I might be no sorcerer, but I've got magic too, and we genies can recover from worse than most people."
    I mean, I still don't want you getting hurt....

"So we're all in agreement! Nothing that bad can happen!" Floris stuck out the offered hand to Maya insistently.
    I for one would be very upset if you died.....But I suppose I can protect you. Maya starts waving her arms over you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    I just.... experienced something.... In there... She gestures toward the church with her cigarette.

Only... not in there. In here. She points to her head, and then to the center of her chest.

And here.
    "I think they just call that religion...." The lady points out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Religion is bull. Just a bunch of old white guys telling everyone else how to live their lives according to how they want the world to work. No room in that world for lesbians, gays, trans folk or any one else’s culture that opposes that dogmatic, oppressive, misogynistic worldview.

Brooklyn sits up.

This was… different. Someone was speaking to me. In my head. And it wasn’t just a fragment of my id or whatever.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, no. Dying is kind of the worst thing that can happen to anyone," Sophia responded, still weirded out by Floris' remarks here. "And you don't really have anything protecting you from, well, anything..." she starts to say, just Maya starts casting a spell to help protect Floris. At which she shrugs, though she's clearly uncomfortable with the idea of Floris coming with them into danger.

I mean, I still don't want you getting hurt....
    "And I don't want you getting hurt. And neither of us wants this new sorcerer or sorceress hurting anyone else. Best way to make sure no one gets hurt is to go help them, right?"

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't be silly. Since death is merely a return to the status quo that existed before our birth, it's life itself that is the aberration. I have been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #399

Religion is bull. Just a bunch of old white guys telling everyone else how to live their lives according to how they want the world to work. No room in that world for lesbians, gays, trans folk or any one else’s culture that opposes that dogmatic, oppressive, misogynistic worldview.

Brooklyn sits up.

This was… different. Someone was speaking to me. In my head. And it wasn’t just a fragment of my id or whatever.
    "There are other churches you know. And even some are less....domatic then then others."

"Uh, no. Dying is kind of the worst thing that can happen to anyone," Sophia responded, still weirded out by Floris' remarks here. "And you don't really have anything protecting you from, well, anything..." she starts to say, just Maya starts casting a spell to help protect Floris. At which she shrugs, though she's clearly uncomfortable with the idea of Floris coming with them into danger.

"And I don't want you getting hurt. And neither of us wants this new sorcerer or sorceress hurting anyone else. Best way to make sure no one gets hurt is to go help them, right?"
    I'm going to be safe.

"Don't be silly. Since death is merely a return to the status quo that existed before our birth, it's life itself that is the aberration. I have been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
    Okay, yes. But you would have people who miss you.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

"Aww, that's sweet!" Floris said. "Let's go!"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

"That makes no sense..." Sophia says, dumbfounded.

I'm going to be safe.
    "Maya, I was there with Jessica too you know," Sophia reminded her. "We both know that however tough you are, other sorcerers can hurt you. And another sorcerer is what we're talking about here."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Its all church. Anyway, Brooklyn says tossing her cigarette away and holding out her hand.

Help me up? I’m Brooklyn, by the way.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #403

"Aww, that's sweet!" Floris said. "Let's go!"
    You start to head down, Maya pretty much dragging you with her speed.

"That makes no sense..." Sophia says, dumbfounded.

"Maya, I was there with Jessica too you know," Sophia reminded her. "We both know that however tough you are, other sorcerers can hurt you. And another sorcerer is what we're talking about here."
    We'll just scope out the situation, and take it slow. She says as you go out into the courtyard and you see Crystal shrieking in delight as she shifts from animal to animal. Though thankfully there's little destruction, however a flock of crows circles ominously

Its all church. Anyway, Brooklyn says tossing her cigarette away and holding out her hand.

Help me up? I’m Brooklyn, by the way.
    "Carmen, it's a pleasure to meet you~" She pecks your hand~

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

"Seems like there's nothing to worry about," Floris says happily upon seeing Crystal.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

That is very.... chivalrous of you to do, but seriously. Help me up.

It was when Carmen took her hand that it happened. Her sight flared to life. But not in the same way it had before. Before she needed the cards to see, to make sense of what it was in her third eye.

When it was over, Brooklyn froze for a moment, and then she pulled the girl in for a tender embrace.

I am sorry for your loss. I may not be able to replace her in your heart. But I can bring some happiness to balance out the sorrow. If you want me to.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

You start to head down, Maya pretty much dragging you with her speed.

We'll just scope out the situation, and take it slow. She says as you go out into the courtyard and you see Crystal shrieking in delight as she shifts from animal to animal. Though thankfully there's little destruction, however a flock of crows circles ominously
    "Wow. Well, she doesn't seem to be hurting anyone. And at least this should mean she can stop being jealous of you and Jessica," Sophia remarked. Though she couldn't help feeling a twinge of jealousy herself, seeing Crystal shape-shifting into animal forms like that so easily right after awakening. "Still, it typically takes something dangerous to trigger an awakening, right? So... what happened?" she asked, looking around cautiously

17. - Top - End - #407

"Seems like there's nothing to worry about," Floris says happily upon seeing Crystal.
    I'd like to know what made her awaken.... Maya muses

That is very.... chivalrous of you to do, but seriously. Help me up.

It was when Carmen took her hand that it happened. Her sight flared to life. But not in the same way it had before. Before she needed the cards to see, to make sense of what it was in her third eye.

When it was over, Brooklyn froze for a moment, and then she pulled the girl in for a tender embrace.

I am sorry for your loss. I may not be able to replace her in your heart. But I can bring some happiness to balance out the sorrow. If you want me to.
    "Are you asking me out?" She grins but her eyes show fear at what you might know.

"Wow. Well, she doesn't seem to be hurting anyone. And at least this should mean she can stop being jealous of you and Jessica," Sophia remarked. Though she couldn't help feeling a twinge of jealousy herself, seeing Crystal shape-shifting into animal forms like that so easily right after awakening. "Still, it typically takes something dangerous to trigger an awakening, right? So... what happened?" she asked, looking around cautiously
    That or personal tragedy. Could be a relative died.... Maya comments.

You do see a few students hanging about concerned, do you ask them?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

"Are you asking me out?" She grins but her eyes show fear at what you might know.
    Just coffee. Let's sit down and talk, and see where it goes?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Floris walks right up to Cyrstal and curtsies. "Pleased to meet you, I'm Floris Naretzah. I see you have sorcery powers. Maya is wondering how you got them!"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

That or personal tragedy. Could be a relative died.... Maya comments.

You do see a few students hanging about concerned, do you ask them?
    "I guess that might be preferable to another crane falling on people, in some ways," Sophia remarks with a wince. "Maybe we should talk to her about it? Assuming she's not too excited to-"

"-aaand Floris is getting ahead of us on that,"
    she remarked with a sigh as the other girl walked off in the middle of the conversation. She followed shortly after. "Yeah, yo Crystal. Maya felt another awakening happening, so we were worried something bad might be going down. Not seeing any damage like earlier with Jessica though, so that's good. Are you doing okay?"

21. - Top - End - #411

Just coffee. Let's sit down and talk, and see where it goes?
    "Sounds lovely, you a local, or am I showing you around?" She grins

Floris walks right up to Cyrstal and curtsies. "Pleased to meet you, I'm Floris Naretzah. I see you have sorcery powers. Maya is wondering how you got them!"
    [See below post]

"I guess that might be preferable to another crane falling on people, in some ways," Sophia remarks with a wince. "Maybe we should talk to her about it? Assuming she's not too excited to-"

"-aaand Floris is getting ahead of us on that,"
    she remarked with a sigh as the other girl walked off in the middle of the conversation. She followed shortly after. "Yeah, yo Crystal. Maya felt another awakening happening, so we were worried something bad might be going down. Not seeing any damage like earlier with Jessica though, so that's good. Are you doing okay?"
    "Oh, I just climbed to the top of that really tall tree and jumped off. The physical danger awoke my powers." Crystal beamed happily, to Maya's horrified gaze.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn hooks her arm around the other girl's as she rests her head on Carmen's shoulder.

Whatever you want to show me is fine with me...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

"Neat trick!" Floris says. "Will you be joining us in Hawai'i?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I just climbed to the top of that really tall tree and jumped off. The physical danger awoke my powers." Crystal beamed happily, to Maya's horrified gaze.
    Sophia's jaw dropped - literally to the ground, like something out of a cartoon. She picked it back up, and said, "Crystal, are you crazy?! You could've killed yourself doing that! Heck, even with you being insanely lucky and actually having sorcerer powers, I think you could still be seriously hurt doing something like that! I don't think all sorcerers have Maya's Superman-esque toughness. Are you okay? No aches or pains, even small ones? Adrenaline could be keeping you from feeling much even if you broke something, you know." Sophia looked very concerned.

25. - Top - End - #415

Episode 2 Scene 1 (I Lava the beach)

It is late September, you are all ready with your suitcases, explanation to parents, and other beach attire.

But drama has struck! While you wait to depart the campus, someone bumped into Maya and sleight of handed the tickets off of her. As well as her phone!

Okay, so I could probably prove to the ticket agents that yes I'm a sorceress, but I'd rather not flood the airport to do so. And I like my phone it has things on it I need.

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure =Talk to people on the campus get them to let you know if any of their friends have sticky fingers. +3 VP with Maya.

Conflict =Intimidate people by pointing out, WHY WOULD YOU PICKPOCKET A GODDESS? +3 VP with Maya.

Luck =The Moron trips over you. +3 VP with Maya.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia was up bright and early that day, eager to get to their Hawaiian vacation. So when Maya discovered the tickets had been lost and suspected thievery, she wasted no time. "Be right back - I think I know someone who could be able to help," she remarked, flying off at top speed. She had a friend from High School who was a real social butterfly and aspiring journalist, Emily - even if she didn't know who the prime suspect would be, she'd probably know who would know.

As she flew off to find her, she shifted her appearance - Emily had a weakness for tomboys, so whenever she wanted her undivided attention fast, it was always a good idea to look and act the part. She shifted her pants to a blue reminiscent of blue jeans, shifted her top into a tied-off t-shirt a bit like Brooklyn tended to wear but minus the sleeves (and plus a Hawaiian pattern), shortened her hair dramatically, shrunk her chest, and gave herself just a bit of noticeable muscle. When she found Emily, the shorter girl was speaking with a few people Sophia didn't recognize. With most people she'd assume they were Emily's classmates, but with Emily, who knows who they could be? Still, it was easy enough to Emily's attention by blowing a quick, clearly unnatural gust of wind through her long hair, and she flew up and put one arm around her friend's shoulder, not caring that was she was interrupting. "Hey, babe, got a question for you," she remarked, suddenly chewing something as she did (it was bubblegum, but for all Emily knew it could be chewing tobacco). "Know anyone around campus dumb enough to steal from a sorceress? Maybe they don't like 'em, maybe they just really wanted some free tickets to Hawaii? Maya's in a bit of a jam, seems her tickets for the trip got swiped, and I figured you might know enough people around here by now to know who we ought to be checking on first. Or at least know who might know, y'know?"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Harem Outfit +1, Butt In +2, Elemental Affinity +2, Appealing Form +2, Overclock +2 = +10 total.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-07-06 at 04:05 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

"Don’t worry, Maya!" Floris opened up her suitcase. "My parents got me a brand new phone to call them with while I’m here, and you can use it whenever you like!" She pulled a phone from her suitcase.
    Spoiler
    Show

Phone:

I’m going hard on luck here. Which due to overwhatever is a flat -2. But with nonsequitor I’d like to make it a Skill roll, at the price of a -1 penalty, bringing the total to a -2.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn is lounging nearby, one foot propped up as she leans against the wall.

She doesn't help in the search, since she knows she can't help. All will be found, and all will be well.

Those nearby hear the sound of her fiddling with the zippo's case, flipping it open and closed.

Open and closed.

Occasionally, she lights it to smoke another cigarette.

Spoiler
    Show
    Luck, Personality Flip. -2 total.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2021-07-10 at 05:18 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Morrigan is on edge. She's been having a surprisingly good day so far. She asks around about Maya's phone, but it seems people are avoiding her? That's kinda fair...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Strong roll 1, total +1.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Nida just tries her best to... be acting 'regular' this time. How were others doing it...? Yeah, just ask around. But perhaps it was her odd mannerisms, or creepy stare but most likely noone would pay attention to the girl.

Spoiler: Advantages
    Show
    Allure: Weak Roll(-1), A Thousand Faces(Roll equals 1), Culture Enthusiast +2. Result = 2
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley