New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Floris was lost, wandering around when she noticed the danger appearing. "Oh no! Morrigan!" She called over. "This way!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay I've got maybe morning person but this is the time to Overclock. +3 or +5 depending on morning person, skill.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn gives Ms. Shawels a quick shove in the right direction, but doesn't seem to care about getting her out of the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict. Activating Personality Flip. -2 total.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia's instinct, as this disaster started unfolding before her, was probably not what Maya wanted it to be just then: she intended to stay and help. After all, it was pretty hard for her to suffer any permanent harm, and while her magic was definitely not as powerful as a sorcerer's, it could still help. Besides, she'd added a pair of golden high-heeled sandals to her outfit on a whim, figuring they complimented her current form, and those things were not easy run in (forgetting, in the heat of the moment, that she could just fly...).

She called up as much of her wind magic as possible, trying to use a gust to reinforce Maya's efforts to stop the crane - probably a futile gesture, as without a wish her wind magic was limited enough that she couldn't even fully push away a person who was determined to fight it, much less a huge piece of machinery like this, but she had to try. But she also multi-tasked, at least, starting up gentler gusts along the group to try and help push the people around away from the area of danger. "Everybody, clear the area! Fast!" she shouted, using magic to enhance her voice to try to be heard over the sound of the machinery being pushed against, the wind, and Maya (and probably anyone else in the area) similarly shouting.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Luck, Harem Outfit +1, Eccentric Outfit +2, Elemental Affinity +2, Butt In +2, Overclock +2 = +9 total.
    Just in case it's not obvious, I figure on a success, then all of the noise she's making attracts the attention of someone who can help. On a failure, well, either she doesn't end up needing further help due to how someone else's' roll plays out, or Sophia at least won't be hurt enough that she can't bounce back quickly with Maya's help.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Morrigan immediately turns to run, and immediately slips and falls into an enormous puddle. Her soaked clothes are now weighing her down, and she's prone, and the crane isn't politely waiting for her to move to continue its fall.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Luck. Strong 1 + Accident-Prone 2 + Vulnerable 2 + Splash Magnet 2 + Elemental Affinity 2 = +9

Setting this up is easier when Vulnerable is just directly handed to me.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Floris was lost, wandering around when she noticed the danger appearing. "Oh no! Morrigan!" She called over. "This way!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay I've got maybe morning person but this is the time to Overclock. +3 or +5 depending on morning person, skill.
    You manage to see Morrigan trip and fall. Which might be funny. Under normal circumstances.

Under today's circumstances however..... At least one of the vampire campus members is helping her up.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Morrigan immediately turns to run, and immediately slips and falls into an enormous puddle. Her soaked clothes are now weighing her down, and she's prone, and the crane isn't politely waiting for her to move to continue its fall.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Luck. Strong 1 + Accident-Prone 2 + Vulnerable 2 + Splash Magnet 2 + Elemental Affinity 2 = +9

Setting this up is easier when Vulnerable is just directly handed to me.
    Thankfully. Ms.Abigail, or is it Mrs. She never really said. Physically lifts you up as if picking up a sheet of paper.

"Are you alright?" She asks starting to book it as she passes Floris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Brooklyn gives Ms. Shawels a quick shove in the right direction, but doesn't seem to care about getting her out of the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict. Activating Personality Flip. -2 total.
    Ms.Shawels instead falls head-first onto a table. Of course instead of blaming you.

"Sorcerers!"

You manage to evac the area and see this big meathead jock ask you. "What's going on, is there a fight?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Sophia's instinct, as this disaster started unfolding before her, was probably not what Maya wanted it to be just then: she intended to stay and help. After all, it was pretty hard for her to suffer any permanent harm, and while her magic was definitely not as powerful as a sorcerer's, it could still help. Besides, she'd added a pair of golden high-heeled sandals to her outfit on a whim, figuring they complimented her current form, and those things were not easy run in (forgetting, in the heat of the moment, that she could just fly...).

She called up as much of her wind magic as possible, trying to use a gust to reinforce Maya's efforts to stop the crane - probably a futile gesture, as without a wish her wind magic was limited enough that she couldn't even fully push away a person who was determined to fight it, much less a huge piece of machinery like this, but she had to try. But she also multi-tasked, at least, starting up gentler gusts along the group to try and help push the people around away from the area of danger. "Everybody, clear the area! Fast!" she shouted, using magic to enhance her voice to try to be heard over the sound of the machinery being pushed against, the wind, and Maya (and probably anyone else in the area) similarly shouting.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Luck, Harem Outfit +1, Eccentric Outfit +2, Elemental Affinity +2, Butt In +2, Overclock +2 = +9 total.
    Just in case it's not obvious, I figure on a success, then all of the noise she's making attracts the attention of someone who can help. On a failure, well, either she doesn't end up needing further help due to how someone else's' roll plays out, or Sophia at least won't be hurt enough that she can't bounce back quickly with Maya's help.
    Thankfully for Sophia, instead of throwing the crane against her, the gal on a jerk throws it into the building next to them. The lack of any time for any momentum to build up means only the glass windows shatter, and while the guy seems cut up he'll probably live. He seems to wake up, and start screaming what the hell is going on.

Sir, sir. You are under a panicking sorcerer right now, you are not helping.

"No fair!" Crystal pouts from beside you. "Why does she get to be a sorceress?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn looks up at the jock. Then she looks down, appraising him as she tilts her head to one side.

A fight? No. A battle against fate, perhaps. A never ending battle against the forces of chaos and entropy.

She squeezes one of his biceps.

Yes. I think you might do...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Thankfully for Sophia, instead of throwing the crane against her, the gal on a jerk throws it into the building next to them. The lack of any time for any momentum to build up means only the glass windows shatter, and while the guy seems cut up he'll probably live. He seems to wake up, and start screaming what the hell is going on.

Sir, sir. You are under a panicking sorcerer right now, you are not helping.

"No fair!" Crystal pouts from beside you. "Why does she get to be a sorceress?"
    "Not exactly the time, Crystal!" Sophia says, heading over to help Maya with the injured man, while letting the winds she'd conjured dissipate, since the immediate danger of the crane was gone. She conjures some bandages and begins to apply them to the man's wounds, hoping to keep him from suffering much blood loss. "I assume you're dealing with the sorceress?" she asks Maya.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #278

Brooklyn looks up at the jock. Then she looks down, appraising him as she tilts her head to one side.

A fight? No. A battle against fate, perhaps. A never ending battle against the forces of chaos and entropy.

She squeezes one of his biceps.

Yes. I think you might do...
    "Ohh.... Ohhh. Some, post danger cotuplation." He grins missaying the word

"Not exactly the time, Crystal!" Sophia says, heading over to help Maya with the injured man, while letting the winds she'd conjured dissipate, since the immediate danger of the crane was gone. She conjures some bandages and begins to apply them to the man's wounds, hoping to keep him from suffering much blood loss. "I assume you're dealing with the sorceress?" she asks Maya.
    Trying here! Maya lets out, dodging an enhanced punch from the short lil blonde girl.

Really glad I'm a quick learner, but I think she's has magically powerful as I am!

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Floris figured it was time to intervene! Someone might get hurt if this kept going!

She interposed herself between the girl attacking Maya and Maya. "You're going to hurt someone!" She insists. "Oh, by the way, it's nice to meet you. I am–"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"Ohh.... Ohhh. Some, post danger cotuplation." He grins missaying the word
    Brooklyn sighs. Oh you poor thing. You don’t seem to reali- Brooklyn grabs his arm and yanks him hard to the left. Moments later a piece of broken metal falls where the jock had been standing.

As I was saying... you have no idea what is going on do you? Well. No matter. Feel up to carrying me out of here? In return, we can work on your grammar. I’m sure you’ll enjoy my tutelage.

And before the boy could say anything, Brooklyn lept up and parked herself on his shoulders.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Trying here! Maya lets out, dodging an enhanced punch from the short lil blonde girl.

Really glad I'm a quick learner, but I think she's has magically powerful as I am!
    "Well, the crane's out of the way now, so she just needs to calm down, right?" Sophia responds, still working on bandaging up the crane operator's wounds while she does. "Miss, the danger's past, you can stop! You don't need to worry anymore!" she tries saying to the blonde girl.

Floris figured it was time to intervene! Someone might get hurt if this kept going!

She interposed herself between the girl attacking Maya and Maya. "You're going to hurt someone!" She insists. "Oh, by the way, it's nice to meet you. I am–"
    And then Floris interposed herself like that. "Bad idea Floris!" Sophia shouted, and kicked up a gust of wind to try and push the other girl away from the sorceresses and towards where she and the crane operator were.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-05-25 at 03:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

see below post.

"Well, the crane's out of the way now, so she just needs to calm down, right?" Sophia responds, still working on bandaging up the crane operator's wounds while she does. "Miss, the danger's past, you can stop! You don't need to worry anymore!" she tries saying to the blonde girl.

And then Floris interposed herself like that. "Bad idea Floris!" Sophia shouted, and kicked up a gust of wind to try and push the other girl away from the sorceresses and towards where she and the crane operator were.
    [Roll me an allure or skill check DC 7]

Brooklyn sighs. Oh you poor thing. You don’t seem to reali- Brooklyn grabs his arm and yanks him hard to the left. Moments later a piece of broken metal falls where the jock had been standing.

As I was saying... you have no idea what is going on do you? Well. No matter. Feel up to carrying me out of here? In return, we can work on your grammar. I’m sure you’ll enjoy my tutelage.

And before the boy could say anything, Brooklyn lept up and parked herself on his shoulders.
    "Um, right.....Um... just so I know what is going on? No one pulled weapons right?" He asks now showing a bit of concern.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on how you define weapons. I am fairly certain magic qualifies, hence you getting me out of here. And toward Mary who, I believe has a need of me right now.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #284

Depends on how you define weapons. I am fairly certain magic qualifies, hence you getting me out of here. And toward Mary who, I believe has a need of me right now.
    "Wait, people are throwing magic around. I hope it's not the sorceress! I heard tales she got expelled from her school for leading a watery rain of terror." He remarks.

Floris feels herself blown back and spirals onto the ground by the unexpected gust.

Unfortunately Maya gets decked in the face, and what bricks from the sky failed to do the punch does as her eye noticeably swells.

Okay, that's the first time in three years I've felt pain. Kinda wish you weren't super strong.

The sorceress throws another wild haymaker but Maya manages to duck underneath it, twisting the girl in some sort of grapple.

I'll let you go when you calm down. She states firmly but calmly.

It takes a minute which seems like eternity before the blonde girl's head falls for a moment, before rising up and seeming alot more alert.

"What just happened!?"

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Floris feels herself blown back and spirals onto the ground by the unexpected gust.

Unfortunately Maya gets decked in the face, and what bricks from the sky failed to do the punch does as her eye noticeably swells.

Okay, that's the first time in three years I've felt pain. Kinda wish you weren't super strong.

The sorceress throws another wild haymaker but Maya manages to duck underneath it, twisting the girl in some sort of grapple.

I'll let you go when you calm down. She states firmly but calmly.

It takes a minute which seems like eternity before the blonde girl's head falls for a moment, before rising up and seeming alot more alert.

"What just happened!?"
    Sophia, finished bandaging the crane operator, heads over to help Floris up. "Sorry, but I don't think anyone wants to know what would've happened if the magic-powered punch had hit you instead of our resident Superwoman."

In response to blonde girl's question, she says, "Well, a bunch of things, but the big two are: that crane fell, and well, congratulations, looks like you're a sorceress."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Thankfully. Ms.Abigail, or is it Mrs. She never really said. Physically lifts you up as if picking up a sheet of paper.

"Are you alright?" She asks starting to book it as she passes Floris.
    "I'm f-fine," she replies, blushing. "Just tripped, is all..."
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-05-26 at 04:03 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Floris lands on her butt, then hastily stands up and brushes her dress off, keeping it immaculate and proper. "Sophia!" she said, sounding mostly excited to have done something new. "You swept new off my feet!"

Anyone paying close attention might have seen that under her large flowy skirts she had on a second skirt; a part of an underdress that would not have been indecent to wear on its own. And that wasn’t anywhere near her last layer.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

"Wait, people are throwing magic around. I hope it's not the sorceress! I heard tales she got expelled from her school for leading a watery rain of terror." He remarks.
    First of all, don't listen to nasty rumors. Our sorceress is an amazing, sweet and incredibly hot and sexy woman. Now. Onward, to my Mary!

She leans forward so she is looking at him upside down. Unless this is the closest you want to be to me...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #289

Sophia, finished bandaging the crane operator, heads over to help Floris up. "Sorry, but I don't think anyone wants to know what would've happened if the magic-powered punch had hit you instead of our resident Superwoman."

In response to blonde girl's question, she says, "Well, a bunch of things, but the big two are: that crane fell, and well, congratulations, looks like you're a sorceress."
    "Is that why our RA is there screaming her lungs out?" She replies blinking rapidly.
    Yup. So far haven't gotten used to it.
    "I can't do this again! Now there's two!!!!!"
    Maya turns to the crane operator.
    You passed out at the wheel, if she wasn't a sorceress, there'd be two bodies on the ground right now. She says sternly.

Unfortunately the RA only hears the word body, and her mind goes to the obvious logical conclusion to her.
    "Oh gods, they're talking about leaving bodies!"

"Will somebody shut her up!" The blonde glares.

Floris lands on her butt, then hastily stands up and brushes her dress off, keeping it immaculate and proper. "Sophia!" she said, sounding mostly excited to have done something new. "You swept new off my feet!"

Anyone paying close attention might have seen that under her large flowy skirts she had on a second skirt; a part of an underdress that would not have been indecent to wear on its own. And that wasn’t anywhere near her last layer.
    That's when Morrigan's roommate comes over. "You agree it's unfair too, right. That blondey gets superpowers?"

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "I'm f-fine," she replies, blushing. "Just tripped, is all..."
    She visibly inspects you.

"I didn't see any of the sorcerers magic impact you, so I'll leave to you, would you like to go to the infirmly."

First of all, don't listen to nasty rumors. Our sorceress is an amazing, sweet and incredibly hot and sexy woman. Now. Onward, to my Mary!

She leans forward so she is looking at him upside down. Unless this is the closest you want to be to me...
    "Do....do you know where Mary is? Cause I don't...." He points out.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Are you an anime fan? No? Well then, I guess this reference is going to be lost on you then.

She reaches into her shirt and pulls out her tarot cards.

Because it is time to call upon the HEART OF THE CARDS!!!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Floris smiled at her. "Nobody has power. We are all adrift in an uncaring cosmos, bound under the same entropy. Squabbling over what little difference there is will accomplish nothing." And with a happy nod of good-bye to Morrigan's roommate she went up to Maya. "You were very brave, Maya!"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

Are you an anime fan? No? Well then, I guess this reference is going to be lost on you then.

She reaches into her shirt and pulls out her tarot cards.

Because it is time to call upon the HEART OF THE CARDS!!!
    [Make a DC 4 Allure or skill roll]

Floris smiled at her. "Nobody has power. We are all adrift in an uncaring cosmos, bound under the same entropy. Squabbling over what little difference there is will accomplish nothing." And with a happy nod of good-bye to Morrigan's roommate she went up to Maya. "You were very brave, Maya!"
    "I'm pretty sure, splitting a sea counts as power." Crystal snarks as you walk off.

Oh hey, Floris, are you doing alright? Maya says starting her gaze turning to Floris, and gasping as she takes her in.

Um... In any case, I don't think you're more then scuffed up.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I'm absolutely lovely," Floris said, offering her hand to Maya. "And I hope you are also doing well?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia can't help but giggle at that remark, unexpected as it was in the middle of this mess. "That's one way to put it, sure," she answers, briefly amused.

"Is that why our RA is there screaming her lungs out?" She replies blinking rapidly.
    Yup. So far haven't gotten used to it.
    "I can't do this again! Now there's two!!!!!"
    Maya turns to the crane operator.
    You passed out at the wheel, if she wasn't a sorceress, there'd be two bodies on the ground right now. She says sternly.

Unfortunately the RA only hears the word body, and her mind goes to the obvious logical conclusion to her.
    "Oh gods, they're talking about leaving bodies!"

"Will somebody shut her up!" The blonde glares.
    "If only we knew how," Sophia remarked to the blonde. "Unless Maya knows a sleep spell she hasn't mentioned though, we're stuck with trying to calm her the old fashioned way."

She walked over to where the RA lay, and knelt down next to her. "Miss Shawels, try taking a few deep breaths," she said, and started rubbing her hand on the woman's back in what she hoped was a comforting fashion. "The danger has passed. Everyone else is calm now - and I do mean everyone. It's okay; we're all safe."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-05-26 at 11:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

"Oh, I'm absolutely lovely," Floris said, offering her hand to Maya. "And I hope you are also doing well?"
    Um, yeah... I just need a second to heal this black eye. Maya comments as it already starts fading.
    "Um.... sorry." The blonde remarks looking down at the ground.
    Don't be, not your fault your body dumped you full of adrenaline.

Sophia can't help but giggle at that remark, unexpected as it was in the middle of this mess. "That's one way to put it, sure," she answers, briefly amused.

"If only we knew how," Sophia remarked to the blonde. "Unless Maya knows a sleep spell she hasn't mentioned though, we're stuck with trying to calm her the old fashioned way."

She walked over to where the RA lay, and knelt down next to her. "Miss Shawels, try taking a few deep breaths," she said, and started rubbing her hand on the woman's back in what she hoped was a comforting fashion. "The danger has passed. Everyone else is calm now - and I do mean everyone. It's okay; we're all safe."
    [Roll me an allure check, DC 8]

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Floris lifted her veil to get a better look at Maya. "Your clothes are all ruined, Maya!" She said, distressed. "Come by my home later, I can fix it!"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297

Floris lifted her veil to get a better look at Maya. "Your clothes are all ruined, Maya!" She said, distressed. "Come by my home later, I can fix it!"
    Maya looks down and notices her state of dress, covering her generous chest with her arms.

The blonde looks up and wolf whistles. "Wooo, you go girl~" She snarks.

"The breaths won't help. Corpses can't breathe!"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Floris makes a few quick observations. "Here, why don't you put my dress on? I'm wearing more under here than any of you are wearing now!" She turns her back to Maya. "Can you get the laces for me?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

Floris makes a few quick observations. "Here, why don't you put my dress on? I'm wearing more under here than any of you are wearing now!" She turns her back to Maya. "Can you get the laces for me?"
    Maya leans down starting to undo the laces. "First time I've done this, on someone not me." She comments, her voice carefully even.

She gets it off, and puts it on, and before it's even laced up, everyone can tell it's going to be somewhat baggy on her, due to the lack of layers.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Floris blushes deeply once her outermost layer is gone. "I've never been this exposed in public," she confesses, lacing up Maya from behind. She is now clad in a collarbone-to-ankle black dress with long sleeves, a conservative dress by basically anyone's standards, but Floris's embarrassed glances could have been from someone entirely naked. It is at least now possible to guess her proportions. "You look lovely!" She says to Maya.
    Show