New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    "I hope you're feeling better, teacher lady who follows Maya around!" Floris says chipperly to Ms. Shawels. "Hi, Sophia!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Ms.Shawel stands up as Sophia helps her to her feet. "Yes, yes. We should call the construction company and report an accident. That's something productive and helpful." She says clearly abit shaken still.
    "Hi Floris," Sophia responds, though she's obviously more focused on Ms. Shawels. "Yes, it certainly is. Do you have their number? You can probably get it from the crane operator if you don't. Actually, I wonder if he might've called already..." Sophia thinks aloud, looking over to see what, if anything, the man was up to.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Thank you, Mary.

She turns to look toward the scene of the whatever was going on out there.

Wanna go up to the roof and watch it all better?
    Mary extends her arm. "Lead the way"

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "Hi Floris," Sophia responds, though she's obviously more focused on Ms. Shawels. "Yes, it certainly is. Do you have their number? You can probably get it from the crane operator if you don't. Actually, I wonder if he might've called already..." Sophia thinks aloud, looking over to see what, if anything, the man was up to.
    The man is currently trying to slowly slink away while everyone's attention is focused elsewhere. What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

The man is currently trying to slowly slink away while everyone's attention is focused elsewhere. What do you do?
    Sophia waves one hand a whips up a quick gust to discourage the man from leaving. "Woah there, buddy!" she says, flying over to him. "I know that thing isn't a car, but I'd bet that 'no leaving the scene of the accident' is still the way to go here, yeah?"

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Mary extends her arm. "Lead the way"
    Brooklyn takes the arm and begins walking down the hall, looking for the stairs. Right this way, my lady.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #335

Episode 1 Scene 8

I think you get a sorcery teacher for a year, and if you want free therapy to make sure there's no trauma, but since you're an adult I think you can refuse the therapy. And if you want I'll teach you healing magic. Knowing it is a massive tax write off, tho you kinda are expected to help out if you see an injury. Maya comments to the short, now super strong blonde, whose name is Jessica.

Granted, based on how hard you punched, barely putting any magic into it. I'm pretty sure you're at the power level where you can tell the IRS to **** off. She muses out loud. To which the cops currently interviewing you about the incident roll their eyes at the blatant talk about illegality

Oh, and you get a free yearly week long trip to Hawaii, and if you decide to live there they'll pretty much pay you to live there. At this, she turns to the group.

Oh btw! I was thinking when we get our first vacation! She calls out loudly. Wanna come with me to Hawaii, I get to bring a few friends! She beams warmly.

"So. Tell me your view of what just happened?" The cops look down at all four of you.

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d8 Make your best plea for them to arrest the crane operator. +3 VP with Maya

Skill =d6 Point out that there was no reason for the crane operator to be right next to the student lunch area and even if he tip the crane, he coulda ran some kid over. +2 VP with Maya

Luck =d4 Do something stupid, and don't get arrested. (They don't want to bug the sorceresses) +1 VP with Maya

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Floris pulls a full sewing kit out of her backpack and fixes Maya's clothes. "So how does this work, anyway? Whoever we blame the hardest is put in a room? That sounds like a fun game, depending on how long they're put in the room! My mother started a similar game with me, where if my chores aren't done by the time she's awake, I'm sent to the Death Chamber where I can only escape by solving a series of puzzles and riddles! Ooh! I have a riddle idea!" But she forgets all about her riddle idea when she realizes she's finished fixing Maya's clothes.
    She jumps out of the interrogation room and runs right up to Maya, interrupting whatever she is doing. "Here you are, Maya! I fixed your clothes! It's thanks for how lovely you've been to me." And Floris hugs Maya tight.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay I'm going to use Non Sequitor to do the Luck roll with skill. With Overclock's penalty that's a total of -3. But Shrine Caretaker gives me +2 on making repairs, culture enthusiast on the idea of prison for another +1, and since I'm pretty clearly mothering Maya, Yamato Nadeshiko gives me another +2. Combined with my strong skill, I will be taking my -3 to a total of +3 meaning I cannot fail to get a 4 or higher on the d6.

tl;dr Using skill on the luck one to auto-succeed the 1 VP one.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn slinks away while the cops are talking to some of the others. Who cares about them anyway? Cops don't actually give a sh*t about most people.

Besides, there are far more... interesting things to be about.

Brooklyn walks along the side of the crane, and reaches down when she spots what she was looking for. Four cans of spray paint, in the colors used by construction workers to mark work sites and other things on concrete and pavement. She grabs them, and while she is fairly certain no one is looking, shoves three of them into her bag. With the fourth one, a sky blue can, she quickly sprays a tag she remembered seeing back in New York. No idea what it meant, but whatever. Something for the pigs to figure out, right?

She then leaves before someone points out the tag to the cops.

Spoiler
    Show
    I mean I have to, right? Since I have it?

Neutral Luck. Screw the Police. Vulnerability. +4 total. Can't fail.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia jumped in, interrupting Floris as she was misunderstanding the cop's question. "No Floris, they just want to know what happened. And I can totally show you!" she said enthusiastically, and began explaining what she'd seen complete with conjured visual aids, including a little diorama of the area to show where she'd seen everyone relative to each other, and a miniature crane to show what it had looked like as it fell. "So, crane's falling, Maya's trying to keep the new sorceress - oh, right, Jessica - from tossing it and hurting someone by accident, so I decide, screw it, I can't get hurt as bad as the others, so I start using my magic to help," she describes, conjuring up winds in the diorama to show how she'd tried to reinforce Maya and push the others to safety. "Jessica still manages to toss the thing though, but it only goes into that building and breaks some windows. The driver's thrown clear and seems cut up, but I head over to help bandage him, and Maya healed him later, so he's fine. Jessica's still kind of panicking and flailing though, so we try to talk to her to calm her, and Maya gets her in an arm lock until she finally calms down. Then I had to go over and try to calm down Miss Shawels, who was freaking out at every little thing Maya and Jessica said, she seems to be terrified of sorceresses - though just them, not all magic, as she's never seemed scared of me. Go figure. That took a while, but when she was finally calm enough to stand up again, I saw that the crane driver was trying to slink away, so I went and stopped him from doing that. I dunno, I didn't see him fall asleep like Maya says, but that does make him kind of suspicious to me."

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Harem Outfit +1, Butt In +2, Elemental Affinity +2, - 2 Overclock Burnout = +4 total.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

After the cops get her account of events, Morrigan checks herself over for injuries and finds a couple scrapes. She doesn't wanna bother Maya about it right now, especially since it's minor and she's talking shop with another sorceress, so she swivels her backpack around and starts digging through it looking for her first aid kit...but everything's gotten so jumbled! After a minute or two fruitlessly searching through it by feel, Morrigan decides to just start pulling things out until she finds it. As a small pile of stuff starts growing next to her, she jams her hand in to grab something else out.

BANG

Morrigan winces as everybody looks at her. "Accidental discharge, sorry...oh hey, there's the first aid kit." She pulls out a 9mm pistol and quickly unloads the ammunition before setting it aside. She doesn't keep it loaded in her backpack, but when things jumbled...urgh this is gonna make it hard to keep herself safe...

She takes the first aid kit out and starts bandaging her now more serious leg wound.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Luck. Strong roll 1 + Accident-Prone 2 + Vulnerable 2 = +5.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #340

Floris pulls a full sewing kit out of her backpack and fixes Maya's clothes. "So how does this work, anyway? Whoever we blame the hardest is put in a room? That sounds like a fun game, depending on how long they're put in the room! My mother started a similar game with me, where if my chores aren't done by the time she's awake, I'm sent to the Death Chamber where I can only escape by solving a series of puzzles and riddles! Ooh! I have a riddle idea!" But she forgets all about her riddle idea when she realizes she's finished fixing Maya's clothes.
    She jumps out of the interrogation room and runs right up to Maya, interrupting whatever she is doing. "Here you are, Maya! I fixed your clothes! It's thanks for how lovely you've been to me." And Floris hugs Maya tight.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay I'm going to use Non Sequitor to do the Luck roll with skill. With Overclock's penalty that's a total of -3. But Shrine Caretaker gives me +2 on making repairs, culture enthusiast on the idea of prison for another +1, and since I'm pretty clearly mothering Maya, Yamato Nadeshiko gives me another +2. Combined with my strong skill, I will be taking my -3 to a total of +3 meaning I cannot fail to get a 4 or higher on the d6.

tl;dr Using skill on the luck one to auto-succeed the 1 VP one.
    Maya hugs Floris tight. Thank you! She beamed warmly.

Brooklyn slinks away while the cops are talking to some of the others. Who cares about them anyway? Cops don't actually give a sh*t about most people.

Besides, there are far more... interesting things to be about.

Brooklyn walks along the side of the crane, and reaches down when she spots what she was looking for. Four cans of spray paint, in the colors used by construction workers to mark work sites and other things on concrete and pavement. She grabs them, and while she is fairly certain no one is looking, shoves three of them into her bag. With the fourth one, a sky blue can, she quickly sprays a tag she remembered seeing back in New York. No idea what it meant, but whatever. Something for the pigs to figure out, right?

She then leaves before someone points out the tag to the cops.

Spoiler
    Show
    I mean I have to, right? Since I have it?

Neutral Luck. Screw the Police. Vulnerability. +4 total. Can't fail.
    That's when Ms.Jelly (*a.k.a* Crystal) pops up next to you. "Oooo, nice sign. You practice that before?" She teases with a large grin thankfully quiet.

Sophia jumped in, interrupting Floris as she was misunderstanding the cop's question. "No Floris, they just want to know what happened. And I can totally show you!" she said enthusiastically, and began explaining what she'd seen complete with conjured visual aids, including a little diorama of the area to show where she'd seen everyone relative to each other, and a miniature crane to show what it had looked like as it fell. "So, crane's falling, Maya's trying to keep the new sorceress - oh, right, Jessica - from tossing it and hurting someone by accident, so I decide, screw it, I can't get hurt as bad as the others, so I start using my magic to help," she describes, conjuring up winds in the diorama to show how she'd tried to reinforce Maya and push the others to safety. "Jessica still manages to toss the thing though, but it only goes into that building and breaks some windows. The driver's thrown clear and seems cut up, but I head over to help bandage him, and Maya healed him later, so he's fine. Jessica's still kind of panicking and flailing though, so we try to talk to her to calm her, and Maya gets her in an arm lock until she finally calms down. Then I had to go over and try to calm down Miss Shawels, who was freaking out at every little thing Maya and Jessica said, she seems to be terrified of sorceresses - though just them, not all magic, as she's never seemed scared of me. Go figure. That took a while, but when she was finally calm enough to stand up again, I saw that the crane driver was trying to slink away, so I went and stopped him from doing that. I dunno, I didn't see him fall asleep like Maya says, but that does make him kind of suspicious to me."

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Harem Outfit +1, Butt In +2, Elemental Affinity +2, - 2 Overclock Burnout = +4 total.
    Sophia's display is amazing, but unfortunately interrupted by.....

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    After the cops get her account of events, Morrigan checks herself over for injuries and finds a couple scrapes. She doesn't wanna bother Maya about it right now, especially since it's minor and she's talking shop with another sorceress, so she swivels her backpack around and starts digging through it looking for her first aid kit...but everything's gotten so jumbled! After a minute or two fruitlessly searching through it by feel, Morrigan decides to just start pulling things out until she finds it. As a small pile of stuff starts growing next to her, she jams her hand in to grab something else out.

BANG

Morrigan winces as everybody looks at her. "Accidental discharge, sorry...oh hey, there's the first aid kit." She pulls out a 9mm pistol and quickly unloads the ammunition before setting it aside. She doesn't keep it loaded in her backpack, but when things jumbled...urgh this is gonna make it hard to keep herself safe...

She takes the first aid kit out and starts bandaging her now more serious leg wound.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Luck. Strong roll 1 + Accident-Prone 2 + Vulnerable 2 = +5.
    Wait! You have a gun! Who the hell let you have a gun!? You're cursed! Maya breaks away from Floris to stomp over. "I'm confiscating this immediately! Maya remarks grabbing for the gun.

"Oh no! She has a gun, run!" Ms.Shawels shouts out.

I am literally less dangerous with a gun!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Wait! You have a gun! Who the hell let you have a gun!? You're cursed! Maya breaks away from Floris to stomp over. "I'm confiscating this immediately! Maya remarks grabbing for the gun.

"Oh no! She has a gun, run!" Ms.Shawels shouts out.

I am literally less dangerous with a gun!
    Morrigan protests. "I don't keep it loaded, the ammo must have slipped in! I have a right to defend myself!" >:V

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #342

Morrigan protests. "I don't keep it loaded, the ammo must have slipped in! I have a right to defend myself!" >:V
    The fact that it slipped in is more proof YOU specifically should not have a gun!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

The fact that it slipped in is more proof YOU specifically should not have a gun!
    "I can keep the ammo somewhere it can't slip in!"

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #344

"I can keep the ammo somewhere it can't slip in!"
    "With your luck? Where is that, the moon?"

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Floris frowns. She doesn't really understand this "gun" thing, it looks small but it sure seems like it makes a loud noise! Still, it's something that certainly seems to be upsetting Maya! And when someone is upset, Floris knows what to do!
    "Let's go to my family home! I can make brownies for everyone!" Floris suggests.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

That's when Ms.Jelly (*a.k.a* Crystal) pops up next to you. "Oooo, nice sign. You practice that before?" She teases with a large grin thankfully quiet.
    Used to live in Brownsville. Some of these tags are only still around for murals, but to the right people, some of these won't ever fade away.

She pulls out her cigarettes, and taps the bottom so a couple of them pop up from the pack. She pulls one out for herself and then holds the pack out so the other girl can take one.

After she lights her cigarette(s) and puts everything away, she starts talking again.

You might get out, but you never leave the projects, know what I'm saying?
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2021-06-04 at 11:40 PM. Reason: reworded to sound better

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #347

Floris frowns. She doesn't really understand this "gun" thing, it looks small but it sure seems like it makes a loud noise! Still, it's something that certainly seems to be upsetting Maya! And when someone is upset, Floris knows what to do!
    "Let's go to my family home! I can make brownies for everyone!" Floris suggests.
    How far away do you live? Maya asks raising an eyebrow

Used to live in Brownsville. Some of these tags are only still around for murals, but to the right people, some of these won't ever fade away.

She pulls out her cigarettes, and taps the bottom so a couple of them pop up from the pack. She pulls one out for herself and then holds the pack out so the other girl can take one.

After she lights her cigarette(s) and puts everything away, she starts talking again.

You might get out, but you never leave the projects, know what I'm saying?
    "Sorry no, I'm a native through and through." Crystal smiles warmly.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

"Not far by carriage – perhaps a quarter day's travel," Floris says happily.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Well we can't all be. Nothing wrong with that.

She surreptitiously checks Crystal out, and then goes on. So. What can I do for you?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #350

"Not far by carriage – perhaps a quarter day's travel," Floris says happily.
    So.... 2 to 3 hours each way? Floris, I have classes

Well we can't all be. Nothing wrong with that.

She surreptitiously checks Crystal out, and then goes on. So. What can I do for you?
    "Teach me how to do those~" Crystal grins mischievously

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

The reading? Or the tagging?

With another puff of smoke, Brooklyn goes on.

Because for one, you have to have a glimpse of the Sight. And the other... is not for wannabes.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

"How about over the weekend?" Floris asks. "Please, my family would love to meet you."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, yeah, maybe not the time Floris," Sophia says, shaking off her shock from what had just happened. "Maya, you can heal her, right? I don't think a gunshot wound is something you just want bandages for," she remarks, clearly worried about Morrigan.

"And, um, Morrigan? I dunno much about guns, but from what I've heard, aren't they supposed to have something called a safety, that would keep it from firing even if the bullets 'fell into it' somehow? Because if your luck made even something like that fail too, then yeah, it's just a really bad idea for you to have one of those."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-06-05 at 04:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, yeah, maybe not the time Floris," Sophia says, shaking off her shock from what had just happened. "Maya, you can heal her, right? I don't think a gunshot wound is something you just want bandages for," she remarks, clearly worried about Morrigan.

"And, um, Morrigan? I dunno much about guns, but from what I've heard, aren't they supposed to have something called a safety, that would keep it from firing even if the bullets 'fell into it' somehow? Because if your luck made even something like that fail too, then yeah, it's just a really bad idea for you to have one of those."
    "That still won't be a problem if I just keep the ammo in another pocket so that when big stuff happens it can't slip in. Besides it's not like anybody besides me is gonna get shot if something goes wrong."

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #355

The reading? Or the tagging?

With another puff of smoke, Brooklyn goes on.

Because for one, you have to have a glimpse of the Sight. And the other... is not for wannabes.
    "I'm no wananbe!" Crystal assures Brooklyn

"How about over the weekend?" Floris asks. "Please, my family would love to meet you."
    Everyone's invited, right? Maya hints

Yeah, got to agree with Sophia here. Maya lets out looking at Morrigan's shin as she kneels by her laying a hand on it as her other hand goes for the gun.

"That still won't be a problem if I just keep the ammo in another pocket so that when big stuff happens it can't slip in. Besides it's not like anybody besides me is gonna get shot if something goes wrong."
    How would you feel about a protection spell instead, I'd trust my magic, sooner then I'd trust your luck with a gun.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh... what do you mean everybody? I don’t think they’d all fit..." Floris thought of how many people there must be. It was a lot. Probably thousands.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

If that were true, you wouldn't be asking about me teaching you tags. You would already have one from wherever you were from, and you would know better than to...

Brooklyn stops, not wanting to reveal too much.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #358

"Uh... what do you mean everybody? I don’t think they’d all fit..." Floris thought of how many people there must be. It was a lot. Probably thousands.
    Maya giggles
    I meant, Brooklyn, Sophia, Morrigan. She beams

If that were true, you wouldn't be asking about me teaching you tags. You would already have one from wherever you were from, and you would know better than to...

Brooklyn stops, not wanting to reveal too much.
    "Ohhhh, do tell~" Crystal grins wildly.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

I am sorry, but I have paid my dues for the right to paint these tags. I have no idea what street cred you have.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course!" Floris says, only flinching a little at Maya saying “Brooklyn.”
    Show