New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    I am sorry, but I have paid my dues for the right to paint these tags. I have no idea what street cred you have.
    "Who could possibly know these streets better then me." Crystal points out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    "Of course!" Floris says, only flinching a little at Maya saying “Brooklyn.”
    Sounds lovely. Maya beams
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah... That's not street cred.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "That still won't be a problem if I just keep the ammo in another pocket so that when big stuff happens it can't slip in. Besides it's not like anybody besides me is gonna get shot if something goes wrong."
    "Right, because it's so much less likely that your luck could cause a hole to open in whatever other pocket you put the ammo in than that it would do anything else that it does," Sophia remarks. "And even if you were the only one at risk - which, given everything else we've seen your luck do, I don't think you can really say you are - you are way too nonchalant about getting shot, girl! You're not some bullet-proof sorcerer here, that could kill you," she said, gesturing to Morrigan's wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Yeah, got to agree with Sophia here. Maya lets out looking at Morrigan's shin as she kneels by her laying a hand on it as her other hand goes for the gun.
    Sophia breathed a sigh of relief as Maya went to heal Morrigan's wound. At least someone was taking this seriously.

How would you feel about a protection spell instead, I'd trust my magic, sooner then I'd trust your luck with a gun.
    "Oh, for sure," Sophia agreed.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah... That's not street cred.
    Wait... You really don't have any idea what I am talking about, do you?

Brooklyn grinned wickedly. She pulled her cigarettes out again and lit a new one, then she held the pack out to Crystal.

Wanna?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "Right, because it's so much less likely that your luck could cause a hole to open in whatever other pocket you put the ammo in than that it would do anything else that it does," Sophia remarks. "And even if you were the only one at risk - which, given everything else we've seen your luck do, I don't think you can really say you are - you are way too nonchalant about getting shot, girl! You're not some bullet-proof sorcerer here, that could kill you," she said, gesturing to Morrigan's wound.
    "It's only a flesh wound..." she grumbles, but looks away.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #366

Sophia breathed a sigh of relief as Maya went to heal Morrigan's wound. At least someone was taking this seriously.

"Oh, for sure," Sophia agreed.
    Sophia does see a bit of earth, seem to pluck Morrigan's gun away from her.

Wait... You really don't have any idea what I am talking about, do you?

Brooklyn grinned wickedly. She pulled her cigarettes out again and lit a new one, then she held the pack out to Crystal.

Wanna?
    "Isn't that dangerous to my health, and addictive besides?" Crystal replies. Like a good girl.

"It's only a flesh wound..." she grumbles, but looks away.
    We're concerned for your safety~ Maya replies softly.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

"Your blood is pretty!" Floris compliments Morrigan.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

"Isn't that dangerous to my health, and addictive besides?" Crystal replies. Like a good girl.
    So what if it is? You gonna be a goody goody your whole life? Or are you gonna cut loose for a while, and live before you get burdened down by a career and the average 2.4 kids and a husband who will go behind your back for the secretary?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #369

Episode 1 scene 9 A magical meeting

Thankfully the crane operator is swiftly arrested, and you all settle into a nice easy couple of weeks. Class in the morning, "party" at night.

Everything seems normal, during one misty day.

So apparently our college is damn weird and we got a vacation coming up in a couple of weeks. I haven't used my sorcerer Hawaii trip this year, and I can bring a few friends. Do you want to come with?

Tropical wonderland of fun. All expenses paid! Sounds fun!

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Make your roll of choice to show just how funny Hawaii will be. +3 VP

Oh, and this is the last scene of the episode, so please make sure all your abilities are in the used up position.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Floris was already pulling a blue cake out of the oven, with eight green, grass-colored sections rising out of it in the shape of the Hawai'ian islands. She had made a Hawaii cake. She shoved it in front of them and cut perfectly shaped cake slices without dripping frosting, creating perfect plates of cake for all of them, that one might find in an advertisement as she plopped the plates right in front of everybody. "Oh, I am ready!" She declares. "I have read up on Hawaii! There we can find the Night Marchers, or Huaka'i Po! They're spirits of ancient warriors who continue protecting the island in patrols at night! According to legend, if you look one in the eye, you join their ranks and march with them for eternity!" Floris exclaims happily. She sits next to Maya, her excitement bubbling. "Here, you have to taste it!" And she forcibly feeds Sophia a bite of cake. It's good!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Floris bonuses

Allure +0!
    Morning Person! +2
    Culture Enthusiast +1
    Baking a Hawaii cake (Yamato Nadeshiko) +2
    You know I’m butting in +2
    Maiden’s Garb cuz I bake with full funerary clothes including veil +2
    OVERCLOCK +2

TOTAL +11

THIS IS WHAT IT IS TO BE A SUPER SAIYAN

Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

"A free trip to Hawaii? Who'd be crazy enough to turn that down?" Sophia answered enthusiastically. "Ooo, I can't wait to get to attend a real luau! I bet I could be a pretty good hula dancer," she said, and with a snap of her fingers her clothes changed into a skimpy hula outfit - sandals, coconut bra, grass skirt down to her knees, and a necklace, crown, and wristbands all made of flowers. At the same time, she'd changed her body just a bit, shrinking her bust to a more average size, but enlarging her hips, the better to go with a hula dance. She gave Maya a wink and started to do her best approximation of how she'd always seen hula dances portrayed. "What about you Maya? Think you'd like to learn to hula too?"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Harem Outfit +1 = +2 total.
    Yeah, if Floris is actually getting all that, I can't compete with it given all my resources are used and I have no knowledge of how to use Appealing Form with Maya yet - and I expect a similar modifier from Morrigan anyway. So just doing something fun, and maybe fishing to see if I can get a reaction from Maya. Need to figure out how to use Appealing Form with her sometime if it's going to be a useful ability.

Also, episode ending on scene 9 instead of 10? There's a surprise.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn spends a few days thinking about it. She consults her cards, the leaves from tea with Mary.

She finds a shop in town (finally) and consults the patron, an old voodoo witch.

All the signs are the same. She makes up her mind, but on the way to tell Maya, buys a white flower. Not even sure of why, just that something tells her to do it.

She is almost back to the campus when it happens. The bells of a church ring as she comes upon the front doors. They open.

Maya, passing by a few hours later, comes upon the flower. She somehow knows it is for her, but she can't figure out why.

And of Brooklyn...

There is no sign.

Spoiler
    Show
    I also can't compete with the +11. So I am opting to use my second use of Truant to just skip it.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Morrigan approaches Maya, looking a little flustered. "Uh...can I ask a favor? Surfing looks real fun, but it's one of those things that I've never felt comfortable trying out, cuz of...but with you here, things can't go so wrong? I don't wanna impose, though..."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Strong roll 1, total +1.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Floris watches Sophia dance with rapt interest. "Oh my... and... what do you call this?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375

Floris was already pulling a blue cake out of the oven, with eight green, grass-colored sections rising out of it in the shape of the Hawai'ian islands. She had made a Hawaii cake. She shoved it in front of them and cut perfectly shaped cake slices without dripping frosting, creating perfect plates of cake for all of them, that one might find in an advertisement as she plopped the plates right in front of everybody. "Oh, I am ready!" She declares. "I have read up on Hawaii! There we can find the Night Marchers, or Huaka'i Po! They're spirits of ancient warriors who continue protecting the island in patrols at night! According to legend, if you look one in the eye, you join their ranks and march with them for eternity!" Floris exclaims happily. She sits next to Maya, her excitement bubbling. "Here, you have to taste it!" And she forcibly feeds Sophia a bite of cake. It's good!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Floris bonuses

Allure +0!
    Morning Person! +2
    Culture Enthusiast +1
    Baking a Hawaii cake (Yamato Nadeshiko) +2
    You know I’m butting in +2
    Maiden’s Garb cuz I bake with full funerary clothes including veil +2
    OVERCLOCK +2

TOTAL +11

THIS IS WHAT IT IS TO BE A SUPER SAIYAN

When do I get a taste? Maya grinned leaning her elbow on the table, head in her hand as she opened her mouth.

"A free trip to Hawaii? Who'd be crazy enough to turn that down?" Sophia answered enthusiastically. "Ooo, I can't wait to get to attend a real luau! I bet I could be a pretty good hula dancer," she said, and with a snap of her fingers her clothes changed into a skimpy hula outfit - sandals, coconut bra, grass skirt down to her knees, and a necklace, crown, and wristbands all made of flowers. At the same time, she'd changed her body just a bit, shrinking her bust to a more average size, but enlarging her hips, the better to go with a hula dance. She gave Maya a wink and started to do her best approximation of how she'd always seen hula dances portrayed. "What about you Maya? Think you'd like to learn to hula too?"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Harem Outfit +1 = +2 total.
    Yeah, if Floris is actually getting all that, I can't compete with it given all my resources are used and I have no knowledge of how to use Appealing Form with Maya yet - and I expect a similar modifier from Morrigan anyway. So just doing something fun, and maybe fishing to see if I can get a reaction from Maya. Need to figure out how to use Appealing Form with her sometime if it's going to be a useful ability.

Also, episode ending on scene 9 instead of 10? There's a surprise.
    Maya turns from Floris Where's the orange skin of a true lava nymph, and the pointy ears. She critiques, giggling to show she's teasing.

Morrigan approaches Maya, looking a little flustered. "Uh...can I ask a favor? Surfing looks real fun, but it's one of those things that I've never felt comfortable trying out, cuz of...but with you here, things can't go so wrong? I don't wanna impose, though..."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Strong roll 1, total +1.
    That sounds lovely, and it's a wonderful.... Maya starts before gasping in complete shock.

No.....no no no..... She starts rubbing her temples.

Brooklyn spends a few days thinking about it. She consults her cards, the leaves from tea with Mary.

She finds a shop in town (finally) and consults the patron, an old voodoo witch.

All the signs are the same. She makes up her mind, but on the way to tell Maya, buys a white flower. Not even sure of why, just that something tells her to do it.

She is almost back to the campus when it happens. The bells of a church ring as she comes upon the front doors. They open.

Maya, passing by a few hours later, comes upon the flower. She somehow knows it is for her, but she can't figure out why.

And of Brooklyn...

There is no sign.

Spoiler
    Show
    I also can't compete with the +11. So I am opting to use my second use of Truant to just skip it.
    ....Who got me flowers?

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

When do I get a taste? Maya grinned leaning her elbow on the table, head in her hand as she opened her mouth.
    Floris smiles and feeds Maya as much as she wants. "I hope you like it."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Maya turns from Floris Where's the orange skin of a true lava nymph, and the pointy ears. She critiques, giggling to show she's teasing.
    Sophia briefly looked surprised at the remark, but then shrugged, and a second later had orange skin and pointed ears. "Hadn't heard of them, but ask and you shall receive," she replied with a wink, while continuing to dance. "No interest in joining me learning it though? I bet you could do some cool moves, mixing in a little water magic with the dance."

....Who got me flowers?
    "I kinda assumed you'd know?" Sophia remarked in confusion.

Floris watches Sophia dance with rapt interest. "Oh my... and... what do you call this?"
    Sophia looked quite surprised at that. "Have you never heard of the hula dance? I thought it was like, the most famous thing from Hawaii. It's a dance they do at parties called luaus there. I dunno if I'm doing it right, I've never been taught, but this is more or less how I've always seen it portrayed in shows and online."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

I hate you so much. You know that, don't you? I could have been in Hawaii right now, with my friends.

"There are things more important that friends. You were given the gift of the sight. It is something that you always had and always will have."

Yeah? Well, I wouldn't have ever known that, would I? Wait. What? I have no idea what you are talking about.

"Yes you do. You have kept a part alive with you all these years. You just didn't know it because you didn't know what your sight was. Or what it meant. Look inside, look behind. Look ahead."

The f**k does that mean?

"You may not understand now. But you will. Go in peace, child."

Brooklyn awakens outside the church. Not even sure of what day it is. All she knows is that she needs a smoke. She doesn't even bother to get up, just lays on the ground outside the church smoking.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #379

Floris smiles and feeds Maya as much as she wants. "I hope you like it."
    It tastes delicious. Maya assures her

Sophia briefly looked surprised at the remark, but then shrugged, and a second later had orange skin and pointed ears. "Hadn't heard of them, but ask and you shall receive," she replied with a wink, while continuing to dance. "No interest in joining me learning it though? I bet you could do some cool moves, mixing in a little water magic with the dance."

"I kinda assumed you'd know?" Sophia remarked in confusion.
    Well, if I'm going to Hawaii anyway, I'd love to learn how to mix a little lava into my magic. She grins a dangerous but confident smile.

And no, I'm not sure, I just know this flower is for me.

I hate you so much. You know that, don't you? I could have been in Hawaii right now, with my friends.

"There are things more important that friends. You were given the gift of the sight. It is something that you always had and always will have."

Yeah? Well, I wouldn't have ever known that, would I? Wait. What? I have no idea what you are talking about.

"Yes you do. You have kept a part alive with you all these years. You just didn't know it because you didn't know what your sight was. Or what it meant. Look inside, look behind. Look ahead."

The f**k does that mean?

"You may not understand now. But you will. Go in peace, child."

Brooklyn awakens outside the church. Not even sure of what day it is. All she knows is that she needs a smoke. She doesn't even bother to get up, just lays on the ground outside the church smoking.
    "Hello, miss are you alright?" A redheaded very short woman pipes up.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia looked quite surprised at that. "Have you never heard of the hula dance? I thought it was like, the most famous thing from Hawaii. It's a dance they do at parties called luaus there. I dunno if I'm doing it right, I've never been taught, but this is more or less how I've always seen it portrayed in shows and online."
    "Hm? I thought the most famous thing about Hawaii was its resistance to American Imperialism and its army of ghost guardians."

It tastes delicious. Maya assures her
    Floris pours Maya a glass of milk and offers her a sip. "Here, wash it down."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if I'm going to Hawaii anyway, I'd love to learn how to mix a little lava into my magic. She grins a dangerous but confident smile.

And no, I'm not sure, I just know this flower is for me.
    "I... don't even know if lava magic's a thing. But even if it is, I think the water magic goes better with the hula. I mean, if we're on the beach anyway, nobody will mind if they get a little wet while dancing, right?" Sophia remarked suggestively.

As for the flower, she just shrugged.

"Hm? I thought the most famous thing about Hawaii was its resistance to American Imperialism and its army of ghost guardians."
    Sophia just looks even more confused. "Uh, what resistance? Hawaii's a state. Has been for... well, I dunno exactly how long, history's not my best subject, but a really long time."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-06-17 at 01:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds lovely, and it's a wonderful.... Maya starts before gasping in complete shock.

No.....no no no..... She starts rubbing her temples.
    What's wrong, Maya?"

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

[COLOR="#FF0000"]"Hello, miss are you alright?" A redheaded very short woman pipes up.
    Yeah.... No.... I really don't know.

Brooklyn sits up.

You ever get the feeling where you aren't sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Floris didn't launch into an explanation of Hawaiian history as Maya seemed to be struggling. "Maya, do you need to lie down? Let me help you rest."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385

Floris pours Maya a glass of milk and offers her a sip. "Here, wash it down."
    Not ghost guardians but Lava Nymphs. Maya corrects.

"I... don't even know if lava magic's a thing. But even if it is, I think the water magic goes better with the hula. I mean, if we're on the beach anyway, nobody will mind if they get a little wet while dancing, right?" Sophia remarked suggestively.

As for the flower, she just shrugged.

Sophia just looks even more confused. "Uh, what resistance? Hawaii's a state. Has been for... well, I dunno exactly how long, history's not my best subject, but a really long time."
    Hawaii's been a state for ten years. Maya comments offhandily. It was a whole big issue with their monarchy.

What's wrong, Maya?"
    Someone else is awakening on campus... Maya lets out.

Yeah.... No.... I really don't know.

Brooklyn sits up.

You ever get the feeling where you aren't sure if you're awake or still dreaming?
    She comes over and pinches you, and it hurts.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Hawaii's been a state for ten years. Maya comments offhandily. It was a whole big issue with their monarchy.
    Sophia blinked. "Oh, right, duh. Sorry, brain fart there," she said, softly tapping her head with her fist, embarrassed.

Someone else is awakening on campus... Maya lets out.
    "You're kidding," Sophia remarks in disbelief. "...wait, how can you tell? Are sorcerers like Jedi or something, you can all sense each other?"

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

"We don't have time to talk about cheese!" Floris tells Sophia. "Maya, can you find this person? We need to help them before someone gets hurt!"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

She comes over and pinches you, and it hurts.
    Gyah!

Brooklyn rubs the spot the girl pinched.

That hurt! She pinches the redhead back.

And that isn’t what I meant, anyway! I was being philosophical!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #389

Sophia blinked. "Oh, right, duh. Sorry, brain fart there," she said, softly tapping her head with her fist, embarrassed.

"You're kidding," Sophia remarks in disbelief. "...wait, how can you tell? Are sorcerers like Jedi or something, you can all sense each other?"
    Not exactly. It requires you to be able to see the sorcerer, with my level of power and fine control I can see the liquids in you, even through solid brickwork. Maya explains.

"We don't have time to talk about cheese!" Floris tells Sophia. "Maya, can you find this person? We need to help them before someone gets hurt!"
    I should be helping them. You really should be staying away. Maya points out.

Gyah!

Brooklyn rubs the spot the girl pinched.

That hurt! She pinches the redhead back.

And that isn’t what I meant, anyway! I was being philosophical!
    "Oh....Then like dreaming how?" She asks wincing at the pinch~

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Not exactly. It requires you to be able to see the sorcerer, with my level of power and fine control I can see the liquids in you, even through solid brickwork. Maya explains.
    "Ooh-kaay?" Sophia said slowly, confused. "Not sure how that turns into you being able to tell someone's awakening now, though."

I should be helping them. You really should be staying away. Maya points out.
    "Floris maybe. And Morrigan definitely," she said, shooting an apologetic look at the luckless girl. "But I might be able to help. I might be no sorcerer, but I've got magic too, and we genies can recover from worse than most people."