New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    "Don’t worry, Maya!" Floris opened up her suitcase. "My parents got me a brand new phone to call them with while I’m here, and you can use it whenever you like!" She pulled a phone from her suitcase.
    Spoiler
    Show

Phone:

I’m going hard on luck here. Which due to overwhatever is a flat -2. But with nonsequitor I’d like to make it a Skill roll, at the price of a -1 penalty, bringing the total to a -2.
    Maya raises an eyebrow

Um... but don't those phones need to be plugged into a sort of wire or something? She asks. Clearly Floris needs to show her how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Brooklyn is lounging nearby, one foot propped up as she leans against the wall.

She doesn't help in the search, since she knows she can't help. All will be found, and all will be well.

Those nearby hear the sound of her fiddling with the zippo's case, flipping it open and closed.

Open and closed.

Occasionally, she lights it to smoke another cigarette.

Spoiler
    Show
    Luck, Personality Flip. -2 total.
    Hey. Brooklyn do you know how to use this phone? Maya calls over waving you down

Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    Nida just tries her best to... be acting 'regular' this time. How were others doing it...? Yeah, just ask around. But perhaps it was her odd mannerisms, or creepy stare but most likely noone would pay attention to the girl.

Spoiler: Advantages
    Show
    Allure: Weak Roll(-1), A Thousand Faces(Roll equals 1), Culture Enthusiast +2. Result = 2
    "Oh my gosh, are you an Alien!?" A chipper blonde girl goes up to you and grabs your hands happily.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Morrigan is on edge. She's been having a surprisingly good day so far. She asks around about Maya's phone, but it seems people are avoiding her? That's kinda fair...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Strong roll 1, total +1.
    That's when you see an Alien having a blonde girl invade her personal space!

What does Morrigan do?

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Sophia was up bright and early that day, eager to get to their Hawaiian vacation. So when Maya discovered the tickets had been lost and suspected thievery, she wasted no time. "Be right back - I think I know someone who could be able to help," she remarked, flying off at top speed. She had a friend from High School who was a real social butterfly and aspiring journalist, Emily - even if she didn't know who the prime suspect would be, she'd probably know who would know.

As she flew off to find her, she shifted her appearance - Emily had a weakness for tomboys, so whenever she wanted her undivided attention fast, it was always a good idea to look and act the part. She shifted her pants to a blue reminiscent of blue jeans, shifted her top into a tied-off t-shirt a bit like Brooklyn tended to wear but minus the sleeves (and plus a Hawaiian pattern), shortened her hair dramatically, shrunk her chest, and gave herself just a bit of noticeable muscle. When she found Emily, the shorter girl was speaking with a few people Sophia didn't recognize. With most people she'd assume they were Emily's classmates, but with Emily, who knows who they could be? Still, it was easy enough to Emily's attention by blowing a quick, clearly unnatural gust of wind through her long hair, and she flew up and put one arm around her friend's shoulder, not caring that was she was interrupting. "Hey, babe, got a question for you," she remarked, suddenly chewing something as she did (it was bubblegum, but for all Emily knew it could be chewing tobacco). "Know anyone around campus dumb enough to steal from a sorceress? Maybe they don't like 'em, maybe they just really wanted some free tickets to Hawaii? Maya's in a bit of a jam, seems her tickets for the trip got swiped, and I figured you might know enough people around here by now to know who we ought to be checking on first. Or at least know who might know, y'know?"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Harem Outfit +1, Butt In +2, Elemental Affinity +2, Appealing Form +2, Overclock +2 = +10 total.
    "Oh um.... hi..... Sophie" Emily blushes slightly. "Um.... Could be Nick, he was apparently arrested for petty larceny back in high school..... So which sorceress was stolen from. Was it Maya? Was someone that dumb?" She grins pulling out a notepad.
    Last edited by Illven; 2021-07-10 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Hey. Brooklyn do you know how to use this phone? Maya calls over waving you down.
    I do. But it isn't portable. So the only way it would work right now would be if it connects to the Goddess Help Line. Should we see if it does?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, no, netherworld no, this phone will only work after I set it up at the hotel. Why, did you need to make an immediate call?" Floris asks. "I was going to call my parents when we settled in, but you can call before me!"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh um.... hi..... Sophie" Emily blushes slightly. "Um.... Could be Nick, he was apparently arrested for petty larceny back in high school..... So which sorceress was stolen from. Was it Maya? Was someone that dumb?" She grins pulling out a notepad.
    "Crazy that's even question you've gotta think about these days, isn't it?" Sophia remarked. "But yep, it's Maya, like I said."

"So, seen this Nick this morning? Or got a description so I could try to find him?"
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Are you aware, Brooklyn begins, pausing to light yet another cigarette. That we have mobile phones? Ones that don’t need to be plugged in to a phone line to work? And that the hotel would have a landline phone in your room?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #426

I do. But it isn't portable. So the only way it would work right now would be if it connects to the Goddess Help Line. Should we see if it does?
    "Oh, no, netherworld no, this phone will only work after I set it up at the hotel. Why, did you need to make an immediate call?" Floris asks. "I was going to call my parents when we settled in, but you can call before me!"
    Are you aware, Brooklyn begins, pausing to light yet another cigarette. That we have mobile phones? Ones that don’t need to be plugged in to a phone line to work? And that the hotel would have a landline phone in your room?
    And I imagine the audio quality on the hotel phone would be several times better then this antique. Maya points out.

"Crazy that's even question you've gotta think about these days, isn't it?" Sophia remarked. "But yep, it's Maya, like I said."

"So, seen this Nick this morning? Or got a description so I could try to find him?"
    "Try the biggest crowd of girls, he's always trying to pick up girls." Emily says distastefully.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

"Try the biggest crowd of girls, he's always trying to pick up girls." Emily says distastefully.
    Sophia smirked at that. "Uh, Em, you do remember we're in college now, right? That's gonna be most of the guys around, and some of the girls," she pointed out.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

And I imagine the audio quality on the hotel phone would be several times better then this antique. Maya points out.
    I don't know... If we get the Goddess Help Line, I would bet it comes in clear.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

"Antique? I already told you, it's brand new!" Floris said. "My family doesn't collect antiques."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh my gosh, are you an Alien!?" A chipper blonde girl goes up to you and grabs your hands happily.
    Nida would blink at the person grabbing her hands. Someone was... grabbing her hands? Didn't that involve being familiar with person? Wasn't that a lewd act?

She'd start blushing and try to get her hands away from the person. "A-a-ah, yes! Y-yes I am!" Were people already trying to propose to her then? How lewd!

"D-didn't think people on this planet are so straightforward!"
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

"Antique? I already told you, it's brand new!" Floris said. "My family doesn't collect antiques."
    *click* Brooklyn is still playing with her lighter.

Yeah. Says the walking antique.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Floris started crying. "Mother always said... if you were kind to people they’d be kind back. I still believe that, Brook. You’re a lovely person, and I’m sure you’ll let that kindness out soon." she kept crying, though.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, for f***s sake… Brooklyn thought.

Oh, for f***s sake, Brooklyn says.

If you can’t deal with a little teasing, what the hell you gonna do when someone really is mean? Pick up the phone and cal for a goddess?

She reaches up, seemingly without thought and rubs her shoulder.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #434

Sophia smirked at that. "Uh, Em, you do remember we're in college now, right? That's gonna be most of the guys around, and some of the girls," she pointed out.
    "No." Emily corrects. "They are going to pick up girls some of the time. Not all the time, important distinction." She says with a grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    Nida would blink at the person grabbing her hands. Someone was... grabbing her hands? Didn't that involve being familiar with person? Wasn't that a lewd act?

She'd start blushing and try to get her hands away from the person. "A-a-ah, yes! Y-yes I am!" Were people already trying to propose to her then? How lewd!

"D-didn't think people on this planet are so straightforward!"
    "Oh yeah, humans are like ninety percent straight. I mean unless you get some celestial, demon, or nymph blood in the mix. And there's certain areas of high and low sexuality." She starts explaining. "Like I'm a sociology major, and last semester I did a project on this town called Northington."

I don't know... If we get the Goddess Help Line, I would bet it comes in clear.
    Well tell you what, if I ever pull a religious leader you'll be the first to know. Maya grins.

Um.... Floris. Humans haven't used those in like.....over a hundred years. Maya lets out gently.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

"It's just like the phone we have at home, though!" Floris said, surprised.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

"No." Emily corrects. "They are going to pick up girls some of the time. Not all the time, important distinction." She says with a grin.
    Sophia rolled her eyes, though she seemed slightly amused. "Point bein' Em, I don't think 'look for the guy hittin' on a lot of girls' is gonna be enough to find him. Can you tell me what he looks like?"

17. - Top - End - #437

"It's just like the phone we have at home, though!" Floris said, surprised.
    Land lines have holographic technology now. Maya points out.

Sophia rolled her eyes, though she seemed slightly amused. "Point bein' Em, I don't think 'look for the guy hittin' on a lot of girls' is gonna be enough to find him. Can you tell me what he looks like?"
    "Tall, Irish, glasses." Emily chuckles. "Need me to draw a map~"

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

"What are holograms?" Floris looked around and finally noticed Sophia's new look. She hiked up her skirts to approach Sophia. "Wow, Sophia, you look great! I don't fully understand why but I'm a big fan of it, it makes me feel bubbly and warm!"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

"Tall, Irish, glasses." Emily chuckles. "Need me to draw a map~"
    Sophia chuckled. "That'd be great - but unless you slipped him a tracking device at some point, I'm guessin' it's outta the question. That ought to be enough to go on though. Thanks Em!" she said with a smile and a nod, before flying off.

She headed back to where she'd left Maya, figuring the Sorceress would want to confront the thief herself. She let her voice return to normal, but otherwise stuck with the tomboy look she'd adopted for Emily. "Hey Maya, I think I've got a lead on - oh, cool antique phone, Floris," she remarked as she landed back with the group.

20. - Top - End - #440

Sophia chuckled. "That'd be great - but unless you slipped him a tracking device at some point, I'm guessin' it's outta the question. That ought to be enough to go on though. Thanks Em!" she said with a smile and a nod, before flying off.

She headed back to where she'd left Maya, figuring the Sorceress would want to confront the thief herself. She let her voice return to normal, but otherwise stuck with the tomboy look she'd adopted for Emily. "Hey Maya, I think I've got a lead on - oh, cool antique phone, Floris," she remarked as she landed back with the group.
    Did some moron really steal it? Maya comments, raising her eyes in shock.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Floris blushed behind her veil.
    "Thanks, Sophia."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

"What are holograms?" Floris looked around and finally noticed Sophia's new look. She hiked up her skirts to approach Sophia. "Wow, Sophia, you look great! I don't fully understand why but I'm a big fan of it, it makes me feel bubbly and warm!"
    I'm going to assume she says this just after Sophia gets back. Didn't see it before my last post, you posted while I was writing it.
    "Oh, thanks," Sophia says with a smile and a wink. "Another friend of mine really likes the tomboy look too. I normally prefer more feminine looks, but there's a definite appeal to it. And especially to giving my back a break, if you know what I mean."

Did some moron really steal it? Maya comments, raising her eyes in shock.
    "Hm? Oh, right; yeah, someone might have. My friend Emily pointed me at a guy named Nick - he apparently got arrested for minor theft back in High School, and she thinks he might pull the same thing again. Tall guy, Irish, wears glasses, and apparently always hitting on any girls he runs across. Ring any bells? Or do you have magic that could find him? We could always try flying and looking for him, I guess, but that'd probably take longer."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I know what you mean. Naretzah women are matrons, and we have had breasts to match for at least three generations. Mother guided me in a lot of back-improvement techniques. A hard bed I’ve found helpful, and proper posture alongside plenty of milk. But the dorm bed has been such a welcome change." Floris said, happy to relate to something Sophia had said.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I know what you mean. Naretzah women are matrons, and we have had breasts to match for at least three generations. Mother guided me in a lot of back-improvement techniques. A hard bed I’ve found helpful, and proper posture alongside plenty of milk. But the dorm bed has been such a welcome change." Floris said, happy to relate to something Sophia had said.
    "A hard bed? Helpful? How? I'd have thought that would just make your back hurt more," Sophia asks, tilting her head in confusion.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

"It helps your spine keep form. It's more helpful in the long run, a soft mattress lets your spine lose shape in your sleep!" Floris explains.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This is out of date information that hasn't been true of mattresses in... well, at the time of the rp around a hundred years.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

"It helps your spine keep form. It's more helpful in the long run, a soft mattress lets your spine lose shape in your sleep!" Floris explains.

Show
    This is out of date information that hasn't been true of mattresses in... well, at the time of the rp around a hundred years.
    Show
    Interesting. But probably not something Sophia would know, soo....

"Really? Huh, I had no idea," Sophia said with a shrug. "Guess I'm lucky I don't have to worry about that kind of thing. Although, you know, I don't think I know anyone who does have a hard bed? Every bed I've ever seen has a mattress."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-07-14 at 04:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447

I'm going to assume she says this just after Sophia gets back. Didn't see it before my last post, you posted while I was writing it.
    "Oh, thanks," Sophia says with a smile and a wink. "Another friend of mine really likes the tomboy look too. I normally prefer more feminine looks, but there's a definite appeal to it. And especially to giving my back a break, if you know what I mean."

"Hm? Oh, right; yeah, someone might have. My friend Emily pointed me at a guy named Nick - he apparently got arrested for minor theft back in High School, and she thinks he might pull the same thing again. Tall guy, Irish, wears glasses, and apparently always hitting on any girls he runs across. Ring any bells? Or do you have magic that could find him? We could always try flying and looking for him, I guess, but that'd probably take longer."
    Sounds familiar, I think I remember him bumping into me earlier. I think we can look around, to find him quickly.

Spoiler
    Show

Allure or skill check DC 6, to not add another scene to the episode.

Show
    Interesting. But probably not something Sophia would know, soo....

"Really? Huh, I had no idea," Sophia said with a shrug. "Guess I'm lucky I don't have to worry about that kind of thing. Although, you know, I don't think I know anyone who does have a hard bed? Every bed I've ever seen has a mattress."
    I mean, thankfully I've never had back problems, regardless of my mattress.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

"That is lucky, especially since your chest is so attractive!" Floris says to Maya.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds familiar, I think I remember him bumping into me earlier. I think we can look around, to find him quickly.
    "He bumped into you earlier? Sounds like Em was on the money then, that's like, the most obvious pick-pocket move in the book. Let's go get him."

I mean, thankfully I've never had back problems, regardless of my mattress.
    "That is lucky, especially since your chest is so attractive!" Floris says to Maya.
    Sophia couldn't stifle a quick laugh at Floris' complete lack of subtlety there. "Well, you're not wrong, at least," Sophia said to Floris, before shooting Maya a look that was half apologetic, half still smiling humorously.

30. - Top - End - #450

Coming from Ms."My family's been buxom for three generations" She teases back.

"He bumped into you earlier? Sounds like Em was on the money then, that's like, the most obvious pick-pocket move in the book. Let's go get him."

Sophia couldn't stifle a quick laugh at Floris' complete lack of subtlety there. "Well, you're not wrong, at least," Sophia said to Floris, before shooting Maya a look that was half apologetic, half still smiling humorously.
    That's when Sophia's appeal strikes true, and she sees a heavily irish man checking her out!