New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    That's when Sophia's appeal strikes true, and she sees a heavily irish man checking her out!
    Sophia can hardly believe her luck. This might be really easy after all, then.

She turns to Nick and gives him a suggestive look, winks at him, and beckons him over with one finger. "I think we might have found our man," she remarks to Maya - her voice sultry so as to make Nick assume she meant something very different than Maya would know she meant.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn rolls her eyes.

I’m gonna go before Little Miss Noir here turns this into the last scene of Casablanca.

She is still rubbing her shoulder as she starts walking off.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Floris looks to Maya and Sophia, confused at their friendly ribbing. "Did I say something wrong?"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #454
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Sophia can hardly believe her luck. This might be really easy after all, then.

She turns to Nick and gives him a suggestive look, winks at him, and beckons him over with one finger. "I think we might have found our man," she remarks to Maya - her voice sultry so as to make Nick assume she meant something very different than Maya would know she meant.
    Maya looks at Sophia with a grin. He looks perfect for us~ She starts rolling her upper body in such a way as to flaunt her chest

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Floris looks to Maya and Sophia, confused at their friendly ribbing. "Did I say something wrong?"
    You're fine~ Maya assures Floris before suddenly leaping 20 feet to grab Nick and lift him up. I remember you, got something of mine? She chirps with false happiness.

"OH GODS SHE'S BRUTALIZING STUDENTS!" Ms.Shawels starts screaming loudly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Maya looks at Sophia with a grin. He looks perfect for us~ She starts rolling her upper body in such a way as to flaunt her chest

You're fine~ Maya assures Floris before suddenly leaping 20 feet to grab Nick and lift him up. I remember you, got something of mine? She chirps with false happiness.

"OH GODS SHE'S BRUTALIZING STUDENTS!" Ms.Shawels starts screaming loudly.
    Sophia smiles back at Maya, enjoying the little performance they were putting on to lure Nick in.

Her enjoyment was shattered all too quickly, though, by the sound of Ms. Shawels. She let out an audible groan of frustration before turning to face the woman. "Okay, one: no she isn't, she's getting back the plane tickets this guy stole from her. Two, are you stalking us or something? Because I'd swear you weren't here a minute ago."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Floris looked at Sophia and tried to copy her posture. "I'm very cross with you," she said. "Following Maya around is apparently very bad! And she is merely reclaiming her property. Even if the boy dies he will merely be returned to the earth. As my mother taught me, men do not even have souls so nothing is lost."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Floris looked at Sophia and tried to copy her posture. "I'm very cross with you," she said. "Following Maya around is apparently very bad! And she is merely reclaiming her property. Even if the boy dies he will merely be returned to the earth. As my mother taught me, men do not even have souls so nothing is lost."
    Sophia's head quickly turned to look at Floris, horrified. "What?! Floris, nobody's dying, or even getting hurt! Don't suggest crazy things like that around Ms. Shawels, in case you haven't noticed, she overreacts to everything when it comes to Maya. Also, of course men have souls - geez, what the heck is wrong with your mom, telling you something like that?"

8. - Top - End - #458

Floris, could you please not say that around Ms.Shawels. Maya remarks.
    "AND NOW SHE'S TEACHING HER MINIONS TO KILL!"

Sophia's head quickly turned to look at Floris, horrified. "What?! Floris, nobody's dying, or even getting hurt! Don't suggest crazy things like that around Ms. Shawels, in case you haven't noticed, she overreacts to everything when it comes to Maya. Also, of course men have souls - geez, what the heck is wrong with your mom, telling you something like that?"
    "EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES. HIDE WHILE YOU CAN! MAKE CALLS TO LOVED ONES!"
    I'm going to be so glad to be done with her for a week.
    "I'll....I'll give you back your tickets.... Just.... let me call my loved ones!"

Maya just sighs.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Floris gasped. "What? But dad..." she frowned for a second. "We need to hold a séance!" She says with urgency.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn is walking off when she hears Miss Shawels.

You have got to be kidding me...

She turns back, about to take one step toward the woman to try and, once and for all, shake some sense into the woman.

Instead, of stalking back to her, there is a flutter of feathers, a rustling of wings, and Brooklyn is suddenly there, feathers from her outstretched wings falling around them. She grabs Miss Shawels by her blouse and does, in fact, start shaking her, smoke from her cigarette lowing into the other woman's face.

Don't you get it? You make everything so much worse when you start this sh*t! Knock it off woman!

And then she realized that she was holding the woman ten feet off the ground.

The cigarette falls from Brooklyn's mouth.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

"EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES. HIDE WHILE YOU CAN! MAKE CALLS TO LOVED ONES!"
    I'm going to be so glad to be done with her for a week.
    "I'll....I'll give you back your tickets.... Just.... let me call my loved ones!"

Maya just sighs.
    "Yeah, no f***ing kidding," Sophia agreed softly with Maya's remark, rubbing her forehead at the headache that was forming. She'd really tried to calm Miss Shawels down and get her to seek help back when they'd first met, but the woman was wearing on her rapidly as the weeks passed.

"You don't need to call anyone, she's not going to hurt you, Miss Shawels just freaks out every time Maya so much as sneezes. Just give back the tickets and phone, that's all anyone wants here," she remarks to Nick.

Floris gasped. "What? But dad..." she frowned for a second. "We need to hold a séance!" She says with urgency.
    "Uh... what?" Sophia cocked her head, confused. "Does that even work? I mean, I know some of us have magic and all, but I haven't heard of magic that works on the dead before. I know Genie magic doesn't."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

"Mother talks to the dead all the time! But whenever I ask if we can talk to dad she says she can't because men don't have souls. I have to talk to him, don't you see? I never got to say hello to him." Floris starts tearing up a little.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post

She turns back, about to take one step toward the woman to try and, once and for all, shake some sense into the woman.

Instead, of stalking back to her, there is a flutter of feathers, a rustling of wings, and Brooklyn is suddenly there, feathers from her outstretched wings falling around them. She grabs Miss Shawels by her blouse and does, in fact, start shaking her, smoke from her cigarette lowing into the other woman's face.

Don't you get it? You make everything so much worse when you start this sh*t! Knock it off woman!

Surprisingly, she seems calmer now that she's ten feet in the air.

"YES! LET'S FLY AWAY OUT OF HER REACH!"

"Yeah, no f***ing kidding," Sophia agreed softly with Maya's remark, rubbing her forehead at the headache that was forming. She'd really tried to calm Miss Shawels down and get her to seek help back when they'd first met, but the woman was wearing on her rapidly as the weeks passed.

"You don't need to call anyone, she's not going to hurt you, Miss Shawels just freaks out every time Maya so much as sneezes. Just give back the tickets and phone, that's all anyone wants here," she remarks to Nick.

"Uh... what?" Sophia cocked her head, confused. "Does that even work? I mean, I know some of us have magic and all, but I haven't heard of magic that works on the dead before. I know Genie magic doesn't."
    Could be a religious thing Maya points out.

"Mother talks to the dead all the time! But whenever I ask if we can talk to dad she says she can't because men don't have souls. I have to talk to him, don't you see? I never got to say hello to him." Floris starts tearing up a little.
    Aw sweetie! Maya drops Nick to wrap you up in a comforting hug.

Nick starts to crawl back fearfully.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Floris held her close, pushing up against Maya's side. "Thank you, Maya." After a second: "He gave you your phone back too, right?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Surprisingly, she seems calmer now that she's ten feet in the air.

"YES! LET'S FLY AWAY OUT OF HER REACH!"
    No.

Brooklyn starts trying to figure out her wings, and then she starts lowering the two of them to the ground.

I'll make you a deal. You stop trying to 'help' with Maya. You do that, and I will promise to carry you away if she does go completely bonkers. Deal?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia's looks up at the sight above her, flabbergasted. "Well... that's new. Brooklyn, did you awaken as a sorceress too in the last five minutes or something? Or maybe I'm just dreaming, that is like, three really weird things in the last two minutes here..."

"Oh... huh," Sophia said, having a hard time processing how else to respond to that. "I mean, well, then... do you know how to do a séance? Because I dunno if the rest of us do. And does it need someone with particular magic? Maybe Maya could manage that, but I don't think that was one of the kinds she already knew..."

Aw sweetie! Maya drops Nick to wrap you up in a comforting hug.

Nick starts to crawl back fearfully.
    "Did he give you back the things he stole?" Sophia remarks to Maya, making a point of watching Nick.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

New? Well, yes. And no. Brooklyn says as she touches back down on the ground.

You see, when I was sixteen I had my wings tattooed on my back. Symbols of my freedom from what was holding me captive. I had no idea they were anything more until recently. I am still not sure exactly what they were trying to tell me, but some of it makes more sense now...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #468

No.

Brooklyn starts trying to figure out her wings, and then she starts lowering the two of them to the ground.

I'll make you a deal. You stop trying to 'help' with Maya. You do that, and I will promise to carry you away if she does go completely bonkers. Deal?
    "You....you think that's likely?"

Sophia's looks up at the sight above her, flabbergasted. "Well... that's new. Brooklyn, did you awaken as a sorceress too in the last five minutes or something? Or maybe I'm just dreaming, that is like, three really weird things in the last two minutes here..."

"Oh... huh," Sophia said, having a hard time processing how else to respond to that. "I mean, well, then... do you know how to do a séance? Because I dunno if the rest of us do. And does it need someone with particular magic? Maybe Maya could manage that, but I don't think that was one of the kinds she already knew..."

"Did he give you back the things he stole?" Sophia remarks to Maya, making a point of watching Nick.
    No he hasn't. Maya starts fishing through his pockets.

You see, when I was sixteen I had my wings tattooed on my back. Symbols of my freedom from what was holding me captive. I had no idea they were anything more until recently. I am still not sure exactly what they were trying to tell me, but some of it makes more sense now...
    How does it feel, flying? Maya asks cocking an eyebrow

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

"So, magic tattoos, then? Huh. Guess I'm learning all kinds of new magic types today," Sophia says. "Though, who's the 'they' you're talking about?"

No he hasn't. Maya starts fishing through his pockets.
    Sophia tries to keep an eye on Nick as Maya does this. The last thing they needed was for him to leave without returning the tickets and Maya's phone.

Sophia raised an eyebrow of her own at that. "Wait... can you not? I mean, I guess I just kind of assumed, you being a sorceress and all; I thought that was the kind of magic most sorcerers learned."

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

"So many things are happening at once and I’d just like to take this moment to tell you all that you’re lovely people, lovelier friends and you all genuinely make me happier even in this emotionally tumultuous time."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

"You....you think that's likely?"
    No. But my only options to get you to shut the f**k up are to promise you this, or kiss you. Which would you rather have?

Ask me again when I do it intentionally.

"So, magic tattoos, then? Huh. Guess I'm learning all kinds of new magic types today," Sophia says. "Though, who's the 'they' you're talking about?"
    If that is what you want to assume, I won't correct you. Just remember what they say about what happens when you assume something.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

"So many things are happening at once and I’d just like to take this moment to tell you all that you’re lovely people, lovelier friends and you all genuinely make me happier even in this emotionally tumultuous time."
    "Aw, that's sweet Floris," Sophia says warmly. "...I'd call for a group hug, but I don't think pulling Maya away from Nick or Brooklyn away from Ms. Shawels is a good idea right now."

If that is what you want to assume, I won't correct you. Just remember what they say about what happens when you assume something.
    Sophia tilted her head in confusion. "Uh, what? If that's not what you meant, what did you mean? Because your explanation for suddenly having wings was to talk about your tattoo and say you'd just learned it was 'something more,' so, yeah, it really sounded like you meant you'd found out the tattoo was magic."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

And take a moment. Just one. To engage your brain and recall that I see the f**king future. Do you not think that I would have seen the wings I would one day have and have them tattooed on me, not realizing the significance of that vision?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

24. - Top - End - #474

No. But my only options to get you to shut the f**k up are to promise you this, or kiss you. Which would you rather have?
    "As your RA, kissing me would be very inappropriate. But I'm flattered by your affections."

Sophia raised an eyebrow of her own at that. "Wait... can you not? I mean, I guess I just kind of assumed, you being a sorceress and all; I thought that was the kind of magic most sorcerers learned."
    I've never had a chance. Like most angels and quite a few demons can fly, but they need the wings. I don't have those, or any similar features.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

"Aw, that's sweet Floris," Sophia says warmly. "...I'd call for a group hug, but I don't think pulling Maya away from Nick or Brooklyn away from Ms. Shawels is a good idea right now."
    Floris kicked the ground and looked at it with her cheeks coloring a bit. "we could hug" she breathed.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

And take a moment. Just one. To engage your brain and recall that I see the f**king future. Do you not think that I would have seen the wings I would one day have and have them tattooed on me, not realizing the significance of that vision?
    "Hey, there's no need to be rude," Sophia replied. "And no, I would have no idea what you might have seen in the future, unless you say something about it. If what you were trying to say was that you got the tattoos because you saw a vision of the wings, okay, that makes sense I guess. Still leaves me confused about why you suddenly have actual wings now though."

I've never had a chance. Like most angels and quite a few demons can fly, but they need the wings. I don't have those, or any similar features.
    "Can't sorcerers learn to fly without wings? I would've sworn that was a thing," Sophia said, scratching her head. "I mean, Genies can, and besides granting wishes I didn't think there was much we could do that a sorcerer couldn't learn to as well."

Floris kicked the ground and looked at it with her cheeks coloring a bit. "we could hug" she breathed.
    With everything else that was going on, Sophia doesn't seem to hear Floris' whispered remark.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-07-20 at 05:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh yeah, humans are like ninety percent straight. I mean unless you get some celestial, demon, or nymph blood in the mix. And there's certain areas of high and low sexuality." She starts explaining. "Like I'm a sociology major, and last semester I did a project on this town called Northington."
    Nida was, in meantime, being distracted by the girl that she was talking with. Learning quite a lot she didn't know about human culture in fact.

But it felt like she was forgetting something. Something important...

She gasps.

"OH NO! MAYA'S PLANE TICKETS! I HAVE TO GET THEM BACK!"
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

28. - Top - End - #478

Episode 2, Scene 2

Thankfully with the tickets and Maya's phone in hand, you manage to get to the airport. You get through check in, none of you have any guns. (SIDES THESE MUSCLE GUNS!)

You get on the plane, of which other people are on. But you are all in first class, where it's just you and you are all being waited on hand and foot by two very tall, curvy nymphs.

Earth nymphs. To which Maya is quite red in the face.

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d7 Strike up casual conversation with the nymphs. +2 VP with Maya

Skill =d9 Suggest things that they could do for Maya, that she would either like. or Like. +3 VP with Maya

Conflict =d9 Someone is being an asshat on the plane. Get them to stop. +3 VP with Maya

Luck =d5 Ooooo, someone dropped something nice~ +1 VP with Maya.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Going through all the airport security sucks....

Brooklyn would kill for a cigarette, but she can't leave her place in line for it. instead she taps her foot each time she stops, waiting to get through and into the terminal proper.

She finally does, and then vanishes for that much needed cigarette. She is walking through the terminal on her way to the gate to meet everyone again when she passes by a shop with treats and snacks from around the world. She browses the snacks and treats for a few minutes, and then finds a curious and interesting shaped lollipop.

She buys the lollipop and then stores the treat in the same place she stores everything, inside her blouse.

As they board the plane, Brooklyn is introduced to the nymph stewardesses. Which brought a whole new dimension to the trip, and gave her... interesting visions of the way things may go for the next ten or so hours.

Did they know how long the flight was going to be? Did someone say that already?

Oh well.

Now, we place the bag here, just... so. And voila! Now we wait...

Wait for someone to try and push their bag up and everything falls down. On one of the nymphs.

Oh, sh*t! Are you okay? Here, let me help.

And as Brooklyn stands up, the questionably shaped lollipop she had stuck in her blouse decided to get itself stuck... somewhere... else.

Oh, God! Brooklyn says as she gently retrieves the lollipop. I am so sorry....

And she slowly, deliberately slides the lollipop into her mouth, looking up into the nymph's eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strong Allure. Maiden's Garb. Sweet Tooth. Personality Flip. +6 total. Can't fail.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Floris notices Maya getting red in the face and addresses one of the earth nymphs: "We all think you're very attractive," Floris says, trying not to implicate Maya specifically. Then she sits next to Maya, happily enjoying her flight, getting out books and games to keep Maya entertained for the whole flight. Eventually, she notices Maya beginning to yawn, and gets up to address one of the flight attendants.
    "Maya is trying to fall asleep," Floris explains. "I am going to sing her a lullaby, and it would be lovely if you could help! Here is the plan..."

The next time Maya yawns, Floris is sitting back down and puts up the armrest between them, gently pulling Maya onto her chest. "It's okay, Maya. Go to sleep, those stewardesses will still be here when you awake... oh, here's one now!"
    One of the stewardesses starts humming and puts a blanket over Maya, keeping up a tune that the other joins in on. And Floris begins to sing her a lullaby:
    "O woman, washing beside the river,
    Hush-a-by baby, babe not mine,
    My woeful wail, do you pity never?
    A year ago I was snatched for ever,
    From my home to the hill where hawthorns quiver,
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,
    Shoheen sho, strange baby O!
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,
    You're not my own sweet baby O!

'Tis there the fairy-court is holden,
    And there flow beor and ale so olden,
    And there are combs of honey golden,
    And there lie men in bonds enfolden,
    Hush-a-by baby, babe not mine.
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,

How many are there of fairest faces,
    Bright-eyed boys with manly graces,
    Gold-haired girls with curling tresses,
    And mothers who nurse - with sad caresses,
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,

O, tell my husband to come to-morrow,
    A waxen taper he first shall borrow,
    And black knife bring to cross my sorrow,
    And stab the flank of the first steed thorough,
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,

Say, pluck the herb where hawthorns quiver,
    And wish a wish that God may deliver,
    If he come not now - he need come never,
    For I shall be Queen of these Fairies for ever,
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,
    Shoheen sho, ulolo,
    You're not my own sweet baby O!"

And once Maya is comfortably resting to this beautiful, not at all disturbing song, Floris sets her up on her chest so that her position makes her cute and alluring to the stewardesses, making sure to get their attention and keeping Maya looking great for them.

Spoiler: SKILL
    Show
    Okay, let's stretch everything!
    Lullabies are mom activities, +2 from Yamato Nadeshiko!
    Culture Enthusiast! Floris has never been on a plane, met a nymph, or learned what "first class" is. +1!
    Strong Skill! +1!
    Floris isn't just trying to help Maya fall asleep, per se, she's trying to make her look cute while doing it! That means setting her up on her chest, wiping up any drool when no one's looking, keeping her in a cute position, etc. And I think that she can use her expertise as a Shrine Caretaker keeping her home spotless and presentable. +2!(?)
    OVERCLOCK! Floris is working really hard here guys +2
    If that all works +8 and I can't fail. If you are heartless and take Shrine Caretaker away then I just need to roll a 3 or better with +6.
    EDIT: I have been informed that HM (Harem Mistress) is heartless. I will use Non-Sequitor to make this roll with Allure, taking a -1 penalty and losing Strong Skill to add +2 Maiden’s Garb and +2 Morning Person, ending on +8 and being once more unable to fail.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-07-21 at 12:27 PM.
    Show