New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Morrigan was only half-paying attention the vampiress as the group walked around campus, her gaze sweeping around to look at everything as they explored. Not because she was taking in all the sights, but because she was waiting for something to go terribly, horribly wrong. Because it always did. Nobody ever believed it could be as bad as it got, when she told them. The school administrators had access to her medical and academic history, and they still didn't believe it wasn't a fluke. Well, Morrigan wasn't gonna get caught off-guard just because there was a super-cute girl.

And then she saw it.

A brief glimpse between dorms gave her an unobstructed view of the horizon; while the area around the college was a nice sunny day (courtesy of Maya), there was an enormous thunderstorm passing by just a dozen miles south of the college. Morrigan glance around, and winced when she saw the water tower next to the administration building. She nudged Maya, while reaching into her pack for an umbrella (resealing the pack after). "Hey, are you capable of making it rain? Asking for multiple reasons."

Before she could answer, it happened, more or less as Morrigan had expected: the tower was struck by lightning once, twice, three times, each on a support beam on the wrong side. These bolts from the blue were particularly long-lasting, enough so that where normally the structure could maybe have survived such a terrible fate, now the support beams were blasted away enough for it to come crashing down. Thankfully nobody was caught underneath it, but the street was damaged and the metal dam burst, unleashing an absolute torrent of water down on those nearby. by the time it reached the tour group, the little wave was knee-high at best.

Morrigan opened her umbrella, ready to protect against anything splashing up. It worked the first time, when the water hit a curb and splashed directly towards her (and noone else), but then the knee-high water hit the building behind her and splashed back onto her (and again, noone else). She giggled a bit at the absurdity, before starting to wring out her hair. "...so yeah, about rain?" Morrigan was already preparing a solid argument that she should room with the sorceress, mostly focused around getting the college to make sure that stuff going this catastrophically wrong didn't drown some less capable person.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Luck. Strong roll 1 + Rain Magnet 2 + Splash Magnet 2 + Elemental Affinity 2 = Total +7.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-04-13 at 10:20 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "So, you mentioned your lamp?" Fran asks Sophia. "I know Maya here is a powerful mage, but are you a genie?"
    Sophia looked surprised at the question for a second, before tapping herself on the head with her fist and pointing to her dunce cap. "Oh, right, you weren't here when I said that to Maya. Yep! Totally am," she said, taking the dunce cap off in a dramatic bow before returning it to her head. "Sophia Sterling, Genie and musical theater major. Not at your service, but I hope we can be friends anyway," she said with a smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A short while later, as Abigail is giving their group the tour, Sophia's appearance has changed yet again. Her outfit has gone from Shantae red to Jasmine blue, and she's added a semi-transparent silk veil over the more traditional top. Her hair, while still just as long, has gone from platinum-blonde ponytail to black and braided. Her earrings have been traded for a heavy gold necklace with a crescent moon hanging from it. Perhaps the one thing she hasn't changed, probably much to most people's confusion, is the dunce cap, which she's still wearing. Or at least, hasn't changed much - she did add a silky blue streamer to the top, turning it into a weird dunce cap/medieval princess hat hybrid. Because why not?

She spent most of the tour torn between knowing she should listen to Abigail and wanting to talk to Maya. They seemed to get along pretty well, and the sorceress seemed like she'd be a lot of fun to hang out with - and as much as she liked her existing friends, what was college about if not meeting new people and trying new things? But the other girl seemed to be paying attention to the tour, and Sophia knew she should to, so she stayed quiet.

When Abigail offhanded mentions the admin office making room assignments, Sophia perks up quickly. She hadn't even thought about that, but now that she had, she was very curious to know who would be her roommate - and especially if it might happen to be Maya. "Um, Abigail? Where did you say the admin office was?" she asked innocently.

And after Abigail told her where to look, she was off like the wind - probably over the vampiress' objections, not that she actually heard them if they happened. And as she approached the office, she thought of one thing she could do that might help her be lucky enough to actually get assigned as Maya's roommate. She looked down at the sapphire ring she wore - her real "lamp," hiding in plain sight among the rest of her jewelry. It wasn't quite like when other people used the ring to make her grant their wishes, but she could get the thing to use its magic for her every once in a while. She kind of hated the side-effect of it, but if it worked... well, she had only one shot at this for the whole year, so maybe that was worth it. She touched the ring, and in a hushed tone, whispered, "Please let them have picked me to be Maya's roommate."

And then she barged into the admin room, not caring that she probably wasn't allowed in there, and immediately started asking whoever was around, "This is where room assignments are made right? Have you made mine yet? Can I see? I'm super curious who I'm rooming with!" Not noticing as she did that her ring slipped off her finger and vanished before hitting the ground...

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Magic Lamp to double all modifiers.
    Luck, Harem Outfit +2, Eccentric Outfit +4, Butt In +4, Overclock +4 = +14 total.

Did not think I'd be using Magic Lamp nearly this early, and honestly it's probably a bad call strategically since I haven't used my second Hypercharged and Carry My Books? yet, but after Sophia hit it off with Maya last scene, with this one offering the bonus reward of being her roommate, it feels like entirely too natural place for her to pull this out.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-13 at 09:12 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Brooklyn skips the tour. She can figure everything out herself. Its not like she won't have time, or folks to help her if and when she needs it.

And she supposes. The nuns and the bishop may have been right. God's will might have something to do with it too, but then again, f*** him. He didn't really want to be around to make **** easier for one of his 'prophets' so why should she start caring now?

But when it comes to Maya, it is Brooklyn's will that they have to deal with.

She walks into the admin building, picks a door, and bangs through it.

Now, listen to me. Maya is incredibly special. I have seen it, she taps her eyes.

And I have seen it. She taps the space between and just above her eyes.

I have touched upon something in her, and I will not see more pain heaped upon her. So here is what we are going to do. You will assign me as her roommate, and I will make sure she is taken care of. And that, I think, will be best for everyone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict, Personality Flip. -2 total.
    "Ma'am. Anyone can claim to come in here and see things." The admin, a tall heavy set man in his 40's remarks.

"But your visions didn't tell you she's sorceress, I'm sure nothing will cause her pain." He replies.

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Fran sticks close to the vampiress, asking various questions. She makes sure she'll know where her charges are, just in case they need her help.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Connections +2, weak allure -1. Total of +1.
    "Oh we're not entirely sure who will be roomed with who yet, that comes after the tour." Abigail explains, directing the parasol to block the sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Sawa Shicchi excuses herself. Then, out of sight, she drops to her knees and prays to Nylarthahotep, the only god in her pantheon depraved enough to answer prayers.
    *In Enochian*
    O Dark Soldier, this humble pilgrim begs you assist her in her quest for greater knowledge. Specifically the knowledge of how to be the lover of that beautiful sorceress.
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    I use luck, it being my strong ability and me having no relevant powers to overcome that himble +1 bonus. If I get a 1or a 2, I will reroll it.
    Your prayers go unanswered.
    You do however meet a new person.
    "Was that um.... tongues you were praying in?" The blonde boy asks raising an eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Morrigan was only half-paying attention the vampiress as the group walked around campus, her gaze sweeping around to look at everything as they explored. Not because she was taking in all the sights, but because she was waiting for something to go terribly, horribly wrong. Because it always did. Nobody ever believed it could be as bad as it got, when she told them. The school administrators had access to her medical and academic history, and they still didn't believe it wasn't a fluke. Well, Morrigan wasn't gonna get caught off-guard just because there was a super-cute girl.

And then she saw it.

A brief glimpse between dorms gave her an unobstructed view of the horizon; while the area around the college was a nice sunny day (courtesy of Maya), there was an enormous thunderstorm passing by just a dozen miles south of the college. Morrigan glance around, and winced when she saw the water tower next to the administration building. She nudged Maya, while reaching into her pack for an umbrella (resealing the pack after). "Hey, are you capable of making it rain? Asking for multiple reasons."

Before she could answer, it happened, more or less as Morrigan had expected: the tower was struck by lightning once, twice, three times, each on a support beam on the wrong side. These bolts from the blue were particularly long-lasting, enough so that where normally the structure could maybe have survived such a terrible fate, now the support beams were blasted away enough for it to come crashing down. Thankfully nobody was caught underneath it, but the street was damaged and the metal dam burst, unleashing an absolute torrent of water down on those nearby. by the time it reached the tour group, the little wave was knee-high at best.

Morrigan opened her umbrella, ready to protect against anything splashing up. It worked the first time, when the water hit a curb and splashed directly towards her (and noone else), but then the knee-high water hit the building behind her and splashed back onto her (and again, noone else). She giggled a bit at the absurdity, before starting to wring out her hair. "...so yeah, about rain?" Morrigan was already preparing a solid argument that she should room with the sorceress, mostly focused around getting the college to make sure that stuff going this catastrophically wrong didn't drown some less capable person.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Luck. Strong roll 1 + Rain Magnet 2 + Splash Magnet 2 + Elemental Affinity 2 = Total +7.
    Yeah, I can make rain.... Maya says her eyes go wide, as they lift to the sky. Move! She shoves you effortlessly but with surprising grace as three bricks from the building come down, they would have impacted Morrigan, but instead impact Maya. One cracks against her shoulder, another the ankle, and the last directly on the top of her head Where most people would have been crippled or killed, you're pretty sure the falling bricks failed to bruise or draw ANY blood.

And a sapphire blue ring falls into Morrigan's lap. Unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Sophia looked surprised at the question for a second, before tapping herself on the head with her fist and pointing to her dunce cap. "Oh, right, you weren't here when I said that to Maya. Yep! Totally am," she said, taking the dunce cap off in a dramatic bow before returning it to her head. "Sophia Sterling, Genie and musical theater major. Not at your service, but I hope we can be friends anyway," she said with a smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A short while later, as Abigail is giving their group the tour, Sophia's appearance has changed yet again. Her outfit has gone from Shantae red to Jasmine blue, and she's added a semi-transparent silk veil over the more traditional top. Her hair, while still just as long, has gone from platinum-blonde ponytail to black and braided. Her earrings have been traded for a heavy gold necklace with a crescent moon hanging from it. Perhaps the one thing she hasn't changed, probably much to most people's confusion, is the dunce cap, which she's still wearing. Or at least, hasn't changed much - she did add a silky blue streamer to the top, turning it into a weird dunce cap/medieval princess hat hybrid. Because why not?

She spent most of the tour torn between knowing she should listen to Abigail and wanting to talk to Maya. They seemed to get along pretty well, and the sorceress seemed like she'd be a lot of fun to hang out with - and as much as she liked her existing friends, what was college about if not meeting new people and trying new things? But the other girl seemed to be paying attention to the tour, and Sophia knew she should to, so she stayed quiet.

When Abigail offhanded mentions the admin office making room assignments, Sophia perks up quickly. She hadn't even thought about that, but now that she had, she was very curious to know who would be her roommate - and especially if it might happen to be Maya. "Um, Abigail? Where did you say the admin office was?" she asked innocently.

And after Abigail told her where to look, she was off like the wind - probably over the vampiress' objections, not that she actually heard them if they happened. And as she approached the office, she thought of one thing she could do that might help her be lucky enough to actually get assigned as Maya's roommate. She looked down at the sapphire ring she wore - her real "lamp," hiding in plain sight among the rest of her jewelry. It wasn't quite like when other people used the ring to make her grant their wishes, but she could get the thing to use its magic for her every once in a while. She kind of hated the side-effect of it, but if it worked... well, she had only one shot at this for the whole year, so maybe that was worth it. She touched the ring, and in a hushed tone, whispered, "Please let them have picked me to be Maya's roommate."

And then she barged into the admin room, not caring that she probably wasn't allowed in there, and immediately started asking whoever was around, "This is where room assignments are made right? Have you made mine yet? Can I see? I'm super curious who I'm rooming with!" Not noticing as she did that her ring slipped off her finger and vanished before hitting the ground...

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Magic Lamp to double all modifiers.
    Luck, Harem Outfit +2, Eccentric Outfit +4, Butt In +4, Overclock +4 = +14 total.

Did not think I'd be using Magic Lamp nearly this early, and honestly it's probably a bad call strategically since I haven't used my second Hypercharged and Carry My Books? yet, but after Sophia hit it off with Maya last scene, with this one offering the bonus reward of being her roommate, it feels like entirely too natural place for her to pull this out.
    The obviously hypnotized secretary has no problems letting you at the files with all sorts of personal information. Thankfully for privacy laws you only care about one thing. Who is rooming with Maya.

And then you see it. Sophia Sterling.

"They did so, believing that the sorceress would be less likely to use you to make wishes." The secretary pipes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    The obviously hypnotized secretary has no problems letting you at the files with all sorts of personal information. Thankfully for privacy laws you only care about one thing. Who is rooming with Maya.

And then you see it. Sophia Sterling.

"They did so, believing that the sorceress would be less likely to use you to make wishes." The secretary pipes up.
    Sophia beamed, so happy to see this that she almost didn't hear the secretary's remarks. "Oh, uh, yeah, that makes sense," she says in response as the woman's words catch up with her. "And I guess the reverse is true too, I'm way less likely to try to do anything to get her to use her magic for me than most people, huh? Oh this is great, thank you thankyouthankyou!" she says rapidly. She conjures up a plate of cupcakes on the secretary's desk as a show of appreciation - though like everything else she creates without a wish being made, it'll disappear once she gets too far from it. But she's not really thinking about that, any more than she's thought about the fact that the secretary she's thanking probably wasn't the one who made the decision.

She flies off out of the room to get back to the group and tell Maya.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-13 at 11:50 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

You are right. Anyone can claim to have visions. I am not claiming anything.

Brooklyn sets her hands on the counter. I have in fact, seen it. Just like I have seen... hmph. Really. Blonde? Couldn't find a brunette or a redhead to work as a student aide in your office? Or is blonde just your 'thing?' Oh and when you see her tonight, tell her to call her sister. Something is not right in the family.

She takes her hands back. But you're right. Anyone can just claim to have visions. Remember this when the sorceress that I didn't 'see' experiences terrible pain and unleashes it on the school.

She turns on her heel and walks away. Moron...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #66

Sophia beamed, so happy to see this that she almost didn't hear the secretary's remarks. "Oh, uh, yeah, that makes sense," she says in response as the woman's words catch up with her. "And I guess the reverse is true too, I'm way less likely to try to do anything to get her to use her magic for me than most people, huh? Oh this is great, thank you thankyouthankyou!" she says rapidly. She conjures up a plate of cupcakes on the secretary's desk as a show of appreciation - though like everything else she creates, it'll disappear once she gets too far from it. But she's not really thinking about that, any more than she's thought about the fact that the secretary she's thanking probably wasn't the one who made the decision.

She flies off out of the room to get back to the group and tell Maya.
    The secretary is mechanically eating, when the cupcakes disappear. She'd be sad, but she just sits there for another couple of minutes before her head clears.

When Sophia flies back, she sees the scenes of a watery disaster.

Oh hey, Sophia! No one was harmed, just Morrigan got a lil splashed. Maya explains, neglecting to mention the falling bricks.

You are right. Anyone can claim to have visions. I am not claiming anything.

Brooklyn sets her hands on the counter. I have in fact, seen it. Just like I have seen... hmph. Really. Blonde? Couldn't find a brunette or a redhead to work as a student aide in your office? Or is blonde just your 'thing?' Oh and when you see her tonight, tell her to call her sister. Something is not right in the family.

She takes her hands back. But you're right. Anyone can just claim to have visions. Remember this when the sorceress that I didn't 'see' experiences terrible pain and unleashes it on the school.

She turns on her heel and walks away. Moron...
    The aide rolls his eyes, although winces as you bring up the sister.

[Where does Brooklyn head to?]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I can make rain.... Maya says her eyes go wide, as they lift to the sky. Move! She shoves you effortlessly but with surprising grace as three bricks from the building come down, they would have impacted Morrigan, but instead impact Maya. One cracks against her shoulder, another the ankle, and the last directly on the top of her head Where most people would have been crippled or killed, you're pretty sure the falling bricks failed to bruise or draw ANY blood.
    Morrigan is almost frozen. It's been awhile since something's really caught her off-guard like that, but she'd figured they were far enough away to avoid any fallout from the fall. She shivers at the thought that things could've ended - stuff like that happens all the time, but it's a reminder to her to not let her guard down just because there's a super-cool super-hot sorceress present to play superhero.

"I uh..." She swallow and steadies herself. "Thank you." She takes another breath, and suddenly she's back to being chipper and peppy. "So, yeah, the reason I ask is, I'm not sure how long it's going to take them to repair that, but at least for a few days we're gonna have issues getting clean water. I bet you could make some friends in administration if you helped ease the burden with some sprinkling, as long as everybody was made aware of the opportunity beforehand. If not...I'm not sure. Depends on how they've got piping set up between the school and the city. Morrigan shrugs. "Might not even be necessary.

She glances at the distant thunderstorm. "Mind you, I'm also worried they're gonna blame you for it, but it's so far away...I'm not sure."

And a sapphire blue ring falls into Morrigan's lap. Unnoticed.
    The ornate ring catches Morrigan's eye, and she stuffs it into a pocket. It's probably pretty valuable, and whoever lost it will be wanting it back. She sticks close to Maya.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #68

Morrigan is almost frozen. It's been awhile since something's really caught her off-guard like that, but she'd figured they were far enough away to avoid any fallout from the fall. She shivers at the thought that things could've ended - stuff like that happens all the time, but it's a reminder to her to not let her guard down just because there's a super-cool super-hot sorceress present to play superhero.

"I uh..." She swallow and steadies herself. "Thank you." She takes another breath, and suddenly she's back to being chipper and peppy. "So, yeah, the reason I ask is, I'm not sure how long it's going to take them to repair that, but at least for a few days we're gonna have issues getting clean water. I bet you could make some friends in administration if you helped ease the burden with some sprinkling, as long as everybody was made aware of the opportunity beforehand. If not...I'm not sure. Depends on how they've got piping set up between the school and the city. Morrigan shrugs. "Might not even be necessary.

She glances at the distant thunderstorm. "Mind you, I'm also worried they're gonna blame you for it, but it's so far away...I'm not sure."

The ornate ring catches Morrigan's eye, and she stuffs it into a pocket. It's probably pretty valuable, and whoever lost it will be wanting it back. She sticks close to Maya.
    I could split the seas. I think conjuring enough water for the campus is something I can do. Maya says with perfect confidence.

It can't be me, I could make a downpour, but I can't shoot lightning at all. Never learned how to. She explains.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

I could split the seas. I think conjuring enough water for the campus is something I can do. Maya says with perfect confidence.

It can't be me, I could make a downpour, but I can't shoot lightning at all. Never learned how to. She explains.
    Morrigan grins. "That'd certainly be something to see. Ah, what a lovely day...and it's barely even started," she giggles.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

The aide rolls his eyes, although winces as you bring up the sister.

[Where does Brooklyn head to?]
    Brooklyn, stymied in her attempts at rigging sleeping arrangements, decides to say, “Screw it,” and then go find something else to do.

So she lights up a smoke, Well, screw this.

She wanders off toward the dormitories. She supposed she should find out where she is supposed to sleep.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Ma'am. Anyone can claim to come in here and see things." The admin, a tall heavy set man in his 40's remarks.

"But your visions didn't tell you she's sorceress, I'm sure nothing will cause her pain." He replies.

"Oh we're not entirely sure who will be roomed with who yet, that comes after the tour." Abigail explains, directing the parasol to block the sunlight.

Your prayers go unanswered.
    You do however meet a new person.
    "Was that um.... tongues you were praying in?" The blonde boy asks raising an eyebrow
    Sawa looks embarrassed, but here is a chance to witness for Aeonism. At least it won't be a total waste if The Dark Soldier refuses to respond...

Oh, hi! I'm Sawa! That was Enochian, one of the ancient languages of high magic. I was praying to Nylarthahotep, the god of knowledge. I have a pamphlet, if you would like to know more about Aeonism!

Oh no! Are you all right!Shouts Sawa, but, if she shrugs off the barrage, Sawa just wonders at the sorceress' greatness.
    She also perks up. This rain is much more pleasant than that nasty sunshine.

Wow! Sawa sighs in admiration. A feat to rival O-Kuturu himself!
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2021-04-14 at 04:38 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

The secretary is mechanically eating, when the cupcakes disappear. She'd be sad, but she just sits there for another couple of minutes before her head clears.

When Sophia flies back, she sees the scenes of a watery disaster.

Oh hey, Sophia! No one was harmed, just Morrigan got a lil splashed. Maya explains, neglecting to mention the falling bricks.
    Show
    I'm going to assume that the conversation with Morrigan and Sawa thus far happened before Sophia got back, since that both makes sense given she was away when this happened, and makes Sophia's reaction here easier to handle.

Sophia does a double-take at the sight before her as she gets back to the group, hardly able to believe her eyes, her excitement momentarily forgotten in shock. "Holy Toledo! What happened here? Did the Hulk stop by and just knock over the water tower before leaving?" she asked, briefly turning her skin green like the Hulk's as she mentioned him.

13. - Top - End - #73

Morrigan grins. "That'd certainly be something to see. Ah, what a lovely day...and it's barely even started," she giggles.
    Most people are usually alil more spooked when something coulda just killed them....Or when I show off the super strength, or toughness. Maya teases.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Sawa looks embarrassed, but here is a chance to witness for Aeonism. At least it won't be a total waste if The Dark Soldier refuses to respond...

Oh, hi! I'm Sawa! That was Enochian, one of the ancient languages of high magic. I was praying to Nylarthahotep, the god of knowledge. I have a pamphlet, if you would like to know more about Aeonism!

Oh no! Are you all right!Shouts Sawa, but, if she shrugs off the barrage, Sawa just wonders at the sorceress' greatness.
    She also perks up. This rain is much more pleasant than that nasty sunshine.

Wow! Sawa sighs in admiration. A feat to rival O-Kuturu himself!
    "Um... actually. I'm not that interested. Mom and Dad would never let me live it down." The boy comments, wincing as the bricks strike Maya. "That had to hurt......... Why is she still standing?"

Show
    I'm going to assume that the conversation with Morrigan and Sawa thus far happened before Sophia got back, since that both makes sense given she was away when this happened, and makes Sophia's reaction here easier to handle.

Sophia does a double-take at the sight before her as she gets back to the group, hardly able to believe her eyes, her excitement momentarily forgotten in shock. "Holy Toledo! What happened here? Did the Hulk stop by and just knock over the water tower before leaving?" she asked, briefly turning her skin green like the Hulk's as she mentioned him.
    No, that thunderstorm. Maya points off far in the distance. Blew the support structure completely apart. She commented.

I'm just glad no one was hurt, Morrigan here just got splashed a little.

Brooklyn, stymied in her attempts at rigging sleeping arrangements, decides to say, “Screw it,” and then go find something else to do.

So she lights up a smoke, Well, screw this.

She wanders off toward the dormitories. She supposed she should find out where she is supposed to sleep.
    It doesn't take long for Brooklyn to find out where she's sleeping. A tall buxom brunette is currently setting in.

"Hello, name's Amber. You my roommate?" She asks continuing to unpack as she speaks.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

No, that thunderstorm. Maya points off far in the distance. Blew the support structure completely apart. She commented.

I'm just glad no one was hurt, Morrigan here just got splashed a little.
    Sophia blinks and looks back and forth between the distant thunderstorm and the fallen water tower. "...seriously? But... how? That's must be so many miles away, how could lightning could travel that far? Unless a sorcerer was throwing it maybe, but what would - well, hang on," she says, and a small telescope appears appears in her hand, which she proceeds to point at the distant storm - and which extends several times as she does, even though it doesn't look like it was designed to. "Yeah, I'm not seeing anything that looks like it might be a sorcerer over there, just a big old storm. Oh, wait a second... no, nevermind, false alarm, just some dummy who thinks flying a drone in that mess is a good idea."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-14 at 10:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Sophia blinks and looks back and forth between the distant thunderstorm and the fallen water tower. "...seriously? But... how? That's must be so many miles away, how could lightning could travel that far? Unless a sorcerer was throwing it maybe, but what would - well, hang on," she says, and a small telescope appears appears in her hand, which she proceeds to point at the distant storm - and which extends several times as she does, even though it doesn't look like it was designed to. "Yeah, I'm not seeing anything that looks like it might be a sorcerer over there, just a big old storm."
    Lightning can travel pretty far from a storm. It's a bit unusual..... Maya comments, immediately distracted by the object concentration.

She attempt to mimic, Sophia's hand gesture but instead a pair of glasses pops out.

Ooo. Ooooo. I did it. I mean. Not like you. But look! She jumps up happily.
    Last edited by Illven; 2021-04-14 at 10:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

[COLOR="Earth"]It doesn't take long for Brooklyn to find out where she's sleeping. A tall buxom brunette is currently setting in.

"Hello, name's Amber. You my roommate?" She asks continuing to unpack as she speaks.
    Roommate, spiritual advisor, walking companion. All of the above, and perhaps more. Or perhaps not. Time will tell, but we have a year to spend together to find out.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #77

Roommate, spiritual advisor, walking companion. All of the above, and perhaps more. Or perhaps not. Time will tell, but we have a year to spend together to find out.
    "Oh **** not another Jesus freak, had enough problems with that in High school."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

That actually gets Brooklyn to laugh. Not her usual fake, 'I'm feigning interest to keep you happy' laugh, but a real, honest one.

Oh, that's good. Jesus freak.... Heheh...

She has to take a moment to catch her breath enough to go on.

Oh, hell no. I am not one of them. Not religious, just psychic.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Lightning can travel pretty far from a storm. It's a bit unusual..... Maya comments, immediately distracted by the object concentration.

She attempt to mimic, Sophia's hand gesture but instead a pair of glasses pops out.

Ooo. Ooooo. I did it. I mean. Not like you. But look! She jumps up happily.
    "Hm?" Sophia says as she takes her attention away from the telescope - then lets it vanish when she realizes what Maya was talking about. "Oh, cool! Did you not know how to do minor object conjurations? That's pretty good for a first try if so! Dad tells me most Genies are pretty naturally talented at it, but even we usually end up making some weird stuff when we first learn. Mom says my first one was a spoon I tried to make when I got impatient for dinner that was so bent up it was more like a slinky with a scoop at one end," Sophia says with a smile. "Okay, so maybe that's because I was like, four at the time, but still."

20. - Top - End - #80

That actually gets Brooklyn to laugh. Not her usual fake, 'I'm feigning interest to keep you happy' laugh, but a real, honest one.

Oh, that's good. Jesus freak.... Heheh...

She has to take a moment to catch her breath enough to go on.

Oh, hell no. I am not one of them. Not religious, just psychic.
    "Oh did you mean spiritual, as a more general term. Rather then the FATHER, THE SON, THE HOLY SPIRIT!?" Amber asks her voice dropping to a mocking tone as she continues.

"Hm?" Sophia says as she takes her attention away from the telescope - then lets it vanish when she realizes what Maya was talking about. "Oh, cool! Did you not know how to do minor object conjurations? That's pretty good for a first try if so! Dad tells me most Genies are pretty naturally talented at it, but even we usually end up making some weird stuff when we first learn. Mom says my first one was a spoon I tried to make when I got impatient for dinner that was so bent up it was more like a slinky with a scoop at one end," Sophia says with a smile. "Okay, so maybe that's because I was like, four at the time, but still."
    No. I only know Water magic, Earth magic from my Mentor, I learned celestial magic, guardian angel magic, and demon magic. But that's it. And I don't know any succubus magic. She adds, rattling them off.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn pulls her deck of cards from her shirt so she can set them on her desk.

No. I mean spirits as in the spirit realm, the world beyond, whatever you want to call it.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

No. I only know Water magic, Earth magic from my Mentor, I learned celestial magic, guardian angel magic, and demon magic. But that's it. And I don't know any succubus magic. She adds, rattling them off.
    "That sounds like a lot, actually. I didn't even know anyone who wasn't a celestial or demon could learn their magic. And guardian angel magic is a different thing from celestial magic?" Sophia remarked.

The conversation turning away from the shocking toppling of the water tower gave her mind a moment to clear, though, and that reminded her of what she had to tell Maya. "Oh, wait a minute! So, the reason I ran off like that is because after Abigail mentioned room assignments, I was super curious who they were going to have be my roommate, right? So I ran off to that admin office she mentioned and asked, and guess what?" Sophie is visibly excited at this point, and doesn't even wait for Maya to respond with a "what?" of her own. "It turns out it's you! We're going to be roommates!"

23. - Top - End - #83

Brooklyn pulls her deck of cards from her shirt so she can set them on her desk.

No. I mean spirits as in the spirit realm, the world beyond, whatever you want to call it.
    "Well damn, coulda used that in high school." Amber snarks. "You need help unpacking?"

"That sounds like a lot, actually. I didn't even know anyone who wasn't a celestial or demon could learn their magic. And guardian angel magic is a different thing from celestial magic?" Sophia remarked.

The conversation turning away from the shocking toppling of the water tower gave her mind a moment to clear, though, and that reminded her of what she had to tell Maya. "Oh, wait a minute! So, the reason I ran off like that is because after Abigail mentioned room assignments, I was super curious who they were going to have be my roommate, right? So I ran off to that admin office she mentioned and asked, and guess what?" Sophie is visibly excited at this point, and doesn't even wait for Maya to respond with a "what?" of her own. "It turns out it's you! We're going to be roommates!"
    Neat! High five! Maya grins holding her hand up.

Please tell me we are far away from the RA office. She asks after a moment's thought.

[And speak of the devil.... or the succublooded as the case may be.]

"Look, Maya! I'm having fun!" The RA says with a maniac grin on her face, juggling a lighter, presumably a zippo. Along with other mundane objects. A baseball, a chair leg.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Neat! High five! Maya grins holding her hand up.

Please tell me we are far away from the RA office. She asks after a moment's thought.

[And speak of the devil.... or the succublooded as the case may be.]

"Look, Maya! I'm having fun!" The RA says with a maniac grin on her face, juggling a lighter, presumably a zippo. Along with other mundane objects. A baseball, a chair leg.
    Sophia enthusiastically high-fives the sorceress, briefly hovering in the air when she does. When Maya asks her question, though, she winces. "Oh, uh... I dunno, actually. I was mostly excited to find out who I was rooming with, I kinda didn't ask for a room number or map or anything. But yeah, if it's not, might be a good idea to suggest we swap with someone whose room is." When the RA abruptly returns, still acting weird, she just sort of stares in confusion for a second before adding, "A really good idea, for sure.

"Um, miss, are you feeling okay?" she asks the RA. "I'm no doctor, she says, even while conjuring a white coat that drapes over her shoulders for effect as she starts fast-talking the woman, "but you're looking a little exhausted, and maybe even a touch feverish." She conjures up a thermometer that she scans the RA with. Pretending to be concerned about the results, she uses some of her air magic to get a cooling breeze blowing on the other girl. "And did you even stretch before you ran off like that? Never a good idea to do that much exertion without stretching properly first, you might've pulled something and just not know it yet because of adrenaline. Might be a good idea to go see the school nurse, just in case. And, ah, maybe think about asking if the school has a therapist you could talk to too, you seem really stressed out, and they can do wonders for that. Trust me, one of my friends back in High School would've had a heart attack during finals every year without his therapist to talk to, totally swears by them."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-15 at 11:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Most people are usually alil more spooked when something coulda just killed them....Or when I show off the super strength, or toughness. Maya teases.
    "Like I said, things like that happen pretty frequently around me. I'm used to it at this point and try to keep an eye on everything that happens." Morrigan shrugs. "As for your abilities...well that's why I'm sticking close, yeah? Best superheroine," she giggles.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Well damn, coulda used that in high school." Amber snarks. "You need help unpacking?"
    But in high school, I was busy being a runaway. I didn’t really know anyone, you know? Oh and also, I’m a runaway orphan. Don’t really have much to unpack.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #87

Sophia enthusiastically high-fives the sorceress, briefly hovering in the air when she does. When Maya asks her question, though, she winces. "Oh, uh... I dunno, actually. I was mostly excited to find out who I was rooming with, I kinda didn't ask for a room number or map or anything. But yeah, if it's not, might be a good idea to suggest we swap with someone whose room is." When the RA abruptly returns, still acting weird, she just sort of stares in confusion for a second before adding, "A really good idea, for sure.

"Um, miss, are you feeling okay?" she asks the RA. "I'm no doctor, she says, even while conjuring a white coat that drapes over her shoulders for effect as she starts fast-talking the woman, "but you're looking a little exhausted, and maybe even a touch feverish." She conjures up a thermometer that she scans the RA with. Pretending to be concerned about the results, she uses some of her air magic to get a cooling breeze blowing on the other girl. "And did you even stretch before you ran off like that? Never a good idea to do that much exertion without stretching properly first, you might've pulled something and just not know it yet because of adrenaline. Might be a good idea to go see the school nurse, just in case. And, ah, maybe think about asking if the school has a therapist you could talk to too, you seem really stressed out, and they can do wonders for that. Trust me, one of my friends back in High School would've had a heart attack during finals every year without his therapist to talk to, totally swears by them."
    "No, no I'm fine! I'm having SO MUCH FUN!" She lets out eyes wide, and she seems close to hyperventilating

"Like I said, things like that happen pretty frequently around me. I'm used to it at this point and try to keep an eye on everything that happens." Morrigan shrugs. "As for your abilities...well that's why I'm sticking close, yeah? Best superheroine," she giggles.
    Well, she doesn't seem to think so. Maya snarks gesturing in the direction of the RA.

But in high school, I was busy being a runaway. I didn’t really know anyone, you know? Oh and also, I’m a runaway orphan. Don’t really have much to unpack.
    "Oh crap, did your school expel you too?" Amber comments.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"No, no I'm fine! I'm having SO MUCH FUN!" She lets out eyes wide, and she seems close to hyperventilating
    "Oh, honey, you might feel that way, but this is not what fine looks like," Sophia responded, conjuring a hand mirror and holding it up for the RA to look into. She thought about doing something to make her look a little worse than she did, but decided the RA's actual expression was probably enough. "You really need to relax, slow down, maybe take up meditation - ask that therapist about it, they'll tell you, they're good. I get it, you're an RA, I'm sure you're focused on helping other people, but how can you help others if you can't help yourself when you need it, right? The students you're supposed to help need you to be okay just the same way you do - and you're supposed to set a good example, too, and what better example than seeking help when you need it? So really, you just go right on over and see that nurse, and be sure to ask about the therapist, trust me, they'll have you feeling better in no time, you'll be amazed."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh crap, did your school expel you too?" Amber comments.
    Oh, God, no! I ran away from those a**holes! They were going to put me through conversion therapy. You know, to cure my bad case of... being a lesbian?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #90

"Oh, honey, you might feel that way, but this is not what fine looks like," Sophia responded, conjuring a hand mirror and holding it up for the RA to look into. She thought about doing something to make her look a little worse than she did, but decided the RA's actual expression was probably enough. "You really need to relax, slow down, maybe take up meditation - ask that therapist about it, they'll tell you, they're good. I get it, you're an RA, I'm sure you're focused on helping other people, but how can you help others if you can't help yourself when you need it, right? The students you're supposed to help need you to be okay just the same way you do - and you're supposed to set a good example, too, and what better example than seeking help when you need it? So really, you just go right on over and see that nurse, and be sure to ask about the therapist, trust me, they'll have you feeling better in no time, you'll be amazed."
    She grabs Sophia arms accidentally crushing her wrists as she pulls her close.

"Please stop saying I'm not having fun" You can feel her primal fear. "I have been around too many dumb teenagers to want someone with godlike powers around. If we don't keep her happy, what's to stop her from killing us all!"

Oh, God, no! I ran away from those a**holes! They were going to put me through conversion therapy. You know, to cure my bad case of... being a lesbian?
    "Oh they just expelled me for "zero tolerance"" Amber snarks with air quotes. "Apparently that includes getting the crap beaten out of you multiple times."