New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Sawa sighs at the RA. Some people are just too... unappreciative of things beyond normal human reckoning
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    She grabs Sophia arms accidentally crushing her wrists as she pulls her close.

"Please stop saying I'm not having fun" You can feel her primal fear. "I have been around too many dumb teenagers to want someone with godlike powers around. If we don't keep her happy, what's to stop her from killing us all!"
    Sophia blinks in surprise at the sudden change in behavior, then sighs and says "The fact that she's not crazy, for starters?" As she does so, she shrinks her arms down so she can easily slip them from the other girl's grasp, before returning them to normal size after. The faux-doctor's coat and other accessories she'd conjured vanish, and she stops the fast-talking. "Seriously girl, all you're doing here is worrying people. The stuff about your physical health was mostly fast-talking, but honestly, you really should try to talk to a therapist, you honestly seem like you need it. Especially if you're not planning on quitting after today, because good grief, if you're gonna spend all year like this, you're going to give yourself a heart attack."
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Sawa sighs at the RA. Some people are just too... unappreciative of things beyond normal human reckoning
    "Everything okay?" Abigail finally takes her time to wander over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Sophia blinks in surprise at the sudden change in behavior, then sighs and says "The fact that she's not crazy, for starters?" As she does so, she shrinks her arms down so she can easily slip them from the other girl's grasp, before returning them to normal size after. The faux-doctor's coat and other accessories she'd conjured vanish, and she stops the fast-talking. "Seriously girl, all you're doing here is worrying people. The stuff about your physical health was mostly fast-talking, but honestly, you really should try to talk to a therapist, you honestly seem like you need it. Especially if you're not planning on quitting after today, because good grief, if you're gonna spend all year like this, you're going to give yourself a heart attack."
    Whose not crazy? Maya calls out, raising an eyebrow and walking towards you and the RA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh they just expelled me for "zero tolerance"" Amber snarks with air quotes. "Apparently that includes getting the crap beaten out of you multiple times."
    Well. I have no intention of doing that to you. You aren’t hurting me, and I have ways of getting lunch money that don’t involve beating up kids on the playground. So, until something happens, you’re probably the closest thing I’ve got to a friend. Brooklyn, by the way.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Everything okay?" Abigail finally takes her time to wander over.
    What? Oh, I'm fine! Just thinking about the future. I'm going to be the first Aeonist minister to get a degree at a human university. Whatever else happens, I'm happy just to be here.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2021-04-16 at 10:24 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Whose not crazy? Maya calls out, raising an eyebrow and walking towards you and the RA.
    "I'll explain in a sec, Maya!" Sophia answers, keeping her eyes on the RA. "For real now, get going. If nothing else you obviously shouldn't be hanging around here, since all it's doing is making you freak out, which can't be good for you. And Abigail already took over showing us around anyway, so you're good there. And you really, really should go ask about the school having a therapist."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Well. I have no intention of doing that to you. You aren’t hurting me, and I have ways of getting lunch money that don’t involve beating up kids on the playground. So, until something happens, you’re probably the closest thing I’ve got to a friend. Brooklyn, by the way.
    "Pleasure to meet you, Brooklyn." Amber beams warmly

What? Oh, I'm fine! Just thinking about the future. I'm going to be the first Aeonist minister to get a degree at a human university. Whatever else happens, I'm happy just to be here.
    "What's your degree going to be in?" Abigail questions out of curiosity

"I'll explain in a sec, Maya!" Sophia answers, keeping her eyes on the RA. "For real now, get going. If nothing else you obviously shouldn't be hanging around here, since all it's doing is making you freak out, which can't be good for you. And Abigail already took over showing us around anyway, so you're good there. And you really, really should go ask about the school having a therapist."
    "You'll.... you'll talk to her right?"

Episode 1 (A magical meeting) Scene 3

As the tour goes on. You see a big strong man talking to Maya. YOUR MAYA

You start to get closer, and you hear talk about a party, potentially later tonight

A potentially wild party?

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d6 Parties? You love parties! +2 VP with Maya.

Skill =d5 Point out, they probably just want Maya to make sure the RA is too afraid to shut them down. +1 VP with Maya

Conflict =d8 Intimidate big dude that they won't just use Maya as a shield against consequences. +3 VP with Maya

Luck =d6 You're going to make sure the party includes one of Maya's favorite activates, by sheer chance. +2 VP with Maya

At the rolling period, I'll add up the allure and luck rolls. I'll also add up the skill and conflict rolls. Whichever roll has the higher total number, determines if it's party city, or nice night in.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn wanders around for a while, seeing the sights, acquainting herself with decent spots to just hang out for a smoke. And she is doing just that as the tour catches up o where she is. And she sees a young man talking to Maya. She knew what the cards had told her when she wandered off earlier, and now the time had come.

He was just reaching out to touch her shoulder, and that is when Brooklyn lets fly with the one thing she had to hand, one of the hymnals she stole when she was fleeing the church. She watches her follow through, and has the pleasure of seeing the book fly straight and true, striking him right in the face before his hand could reach Maya. In a moment of comedic effect, it knocks him over, and the book tips over and falls with a soft thud onto the ground next to him.

And then Brooklyn strolls up and retrieves her book, giving the boy a good look at the girl dressed in the Catholic school uniform who threw a book with such lethal accuracy.

Now. I get it. You want the gorgeous girl at your party. I get it. I want her at my parties too. She would be such wonderful company. And she is hot, too. But... she is also a sorceress. And I want to know that you aren't inviting her to your party just so that you have a scapegoat for if something goes terribly wrong. Because that would upset her. And when she is upset, I get angry. And when I get angry, i throw books. As you just found out.

So, tell me. Do we have a problem?

Before he can respond, Brooklyn looks over to Maya and her tone completely changes. Are you okay?

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Conflict. Practiced grace, pocket hammer, Personality flip. Gives me a roll total of 8.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"What's your degree going to be in?" Abigail questions out of curiosity
    Religious studies! Says Sawa excitedly I learned all about The Great Old Ones and the Litany of Earty as my training as an acolyte at the Shrine to Cthulhu, but I don't kniw that much about Human religion. It is hurting my ability to be a missionary.

Episode 1 (A magical meeting) Scene 3

As the tour goes on. You see a big strong man talking to Maya. YOUR MAYA

You start to get closer, and you hear talk about a party, potentially later tonight

A potentially wild party?

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d6 Parties? You love parties! +2 VP with Maya.

Skill =d5 Point out, they probably just want Maya to make sure the RA is too afraid to shut them down. +1 VP with Maya

Conflict =d8 Intimidate big dude that they won't just use Maya as a shield against consequences. +3 VP with Maya

Luck =d6 You're going to make sure the party includes one of Maya's favorite activates, by sheer chance. +2 VP with Maya

At the rolling period, I'll add up the allure and luck rolls. I'll also add up the skill and conflict rolls. Whichever roll has the higher total number, determines if it's party city, or nice night in.
    [/QUOTE]

A party!? I've never been to a party before! What's happening there!?
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    I use luck.
    I use Shining Trapezohedron to get an additional bonus+2 on a d4 check.
    If I get a one or a 2, I re-roll with sealed power.
    I guess I can use my Chuunibyuo power to treat it as a success if I fail? How does that work in context?
    EDIT: maybe there's a pool!? If so, +2 from splash magnet?
    Strong roll+1
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2021-04-17 at 07:32 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia was about to rush over to Maya and the guy she was talking to in curious excitement at the prospect of a party, when all of the sudden - and thankfully out of sight of the others, who were focused on that situation - she vanished.

She reappeared, her legs now vanished into the stereotypical Genie whispy tail rising out her ring, to find herself... well, not that far off, actually, with one of the other girls who'd been around Maya. "Oh. Guess that was what did it after all, then," she said out loud to herself, before landing, returning her legs to normal, and addressing the surprised girl in front of her. "Oh, uh, hey, I've seen you around, but I don't think we've really been introduced? I'm Sophia." Becoming warier about anyone overhearing, she speaks much more softly for the rest of what she has to tell Morrigan. "And... well, don't let it get around, but that ring you've got? It's mine. My, well, 'lamp,'" she says, making air quotes as she does. "Not all of us Genies are bound to lamps, you see. I just like to say that mine is to make it harder for people to figure out. But don't get me wrong, you don't have three wishes coming in this case. It's... okay, so, I can actually use my ring to power up my magic - or, in this case, make myself luckier - if I really want to... but when I do, it falls off, and ends up with someone else, and then I have to, well, do as they ask for a little while. Don't ask how long, it's kind of inconsistent - never seems to be more than like, an hour tops, though. So, I can't do anything that takes so much magic that you'd need to be making a formal wish for it, but anything else I can do... well, for a little while at least, your wish is my command," she said, with a little bow and a wince.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

While the others are talking, various noises are going on in the background - chains snapping, people screaming, cars honking, tires screeching. Morrigan enters stage left, precariously balancing on a loosed wrecking ball. She's so focused on not falling off that she doesn't see it about to bowl Maya over. It hits the sorceress and stops dead in its tracks, with momentum sending Morrigan flying into a puddle left over from the water tower destruction. She stands carefully while dusting herself off, little the worse for wear. "Did I hear something about a party?" she asks, before noticing some scrapes and digging into her backpack for some medical supplies. "I've never actually been to one."

"I mean, for good reason, though,"
    she adds, as her fingers brush the ring still hidden safely in her pack.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    "D-Don't Hurt Me!"

Explanation is that things are so obviously going wrong around her that it scares the guy into thinking she might attend and make everything go wrong, and he tries to make that not happen. So the worse things get for her in this brief introduction, the scarier it is.

Luck. Strong 1 + Accident-Prone 2 + Splash Magnet 2 + Vulnerable 2 = +7.

Sophia was about to rush over to Maya and the guy she was talking to in curious excitement at the prospect of a party, when all of the sudden - and thankfully out of sight of the others, who were focused on that situation - she vanished.

She reappeared, her legs now vanished into the stereotypical Genie whispy tail rising out her ring, to find herself... well, not that far off, actually, with one of the other girls who'd been around Maya. "Oh. Guess that was what did it after all, then," she said out loud to herself, before landing, returning her legs to normal, and addressing the surprised girl in front of her. "Oh, uh, hey, I've seen you around, but I don't think we've really been introduced? I'm Sophia." Becoming warier about anyone overhearing, she speaks much more softly for the rest of what she has to tell Morrigan. "And... well, don't let it get around, but that ring you've got? It's mine. My, well, 'lamp,'" she says, making air quotes as she does. "Not all of us Genies are bound to lamps, you see. I just like to say that mine is to make it harder for people to figure out. But don't get me wrong, you don't have three wishes coming in this case. It's... okay, so, I can actually use my ring to power up my magic - or, in this case, make myself luckier - if I really want to... but when I do, it falls off, and ends up with someone else, and then I have to, well, do as they ask for a little while. Don't ask how long, it's kind of inconsistent - never seems to be more than like, an hour tops, though. So, I can't do anything that takes so much magic that you'd need to be making a formal wish for it, but anything else I can do... well, for a little while at least, your wish is my command," she said, with a little bow and a wince.
    Morrigan winces, locates the ring and hands it to Sophia, looking...conflicted. She glances at the others, then whispers back. "I don't wanna be a burden, but...Maya looks like she wants to go, but she's probably going to drag me along if she goes. I want to go...but only if it's safe, only if it's not gonna suck for everyone else around me. Does that work as a wish?"

Sophia gets a terrible premonition as the wish is made. An overwhelming urge to do everything in her power to convince Maya not to attend the party, which can only mean things will be going terribly wrong if she goes.

Show
    Hypercharged.

Skill. Carry My Books. Strong Roll 1 + Harem Outfit 1 + Hypercharged 1 - Overclocked 2 = -1

Conflict. 0 - Weak Roll 1 - Hypercharged 1 - Overclocked 2 = -4

Sophia's in full genie mode as part of the ring being rubbed, it'd be such a bitch move to not let Harem Outfit apply, especially given what all screwing over I'm doing anyway.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-04-19 at 11:49 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Morrigan winces, locates the ring and hands it to Sophia, looking...conflicted. She glances at the others, then whispers back. "I don't wanna be a burden, but...Maya looks like she wants to go, but she's probably going to drag me along if she goes. I want to go...but only if it's safe, only if it's not gonna suck for everyone else around me. Does that work as a wish?"

Sophia gets a terrible premonition as the wish is made. An overwhelming urge to do everything in her power to convince Maya not to attend the party, which can only mean things will be going terribly wrong if she goes.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll is as Vecna said, this is just how she does it IC.

Also, I'm going to assume this part takes place before Morrigan suddenly crashes in on a wrecking ball, since otherwise this would all get very awkward in all kinds of ways.

"Uh, like I said, you're not really getting a full wish..." Sophia starts to explain. "And the whole thing'll probably wear off before the party itself, and I kind of can't guarantee anything about it anyway without granting a real wish..." When Morrigan then amends her request to trying to convince Maya not to attend the party, Sophia looks disappointed, but replies, "Yeah, that I can do. Or at least try my best. Your wish is my command," she said with another, half-hearted bow.

She flew back off to where Maya was talking with the man, swapping a couple of things about her outfit as she went: ditching the princess-dunce cap and leaning into the harem girl look with a veil over her mouth and a belly button ring. That part didn't have anything to do with Morrigan's request, she just felt like it. "Oh, hey, Maya?" she said to get the sorceress' attention while Brooklyn was confronting the man she'd been speaking with. "Couldn't help hearing the talk about a party, and while I'd really love to attend our first real college party, with hot guys and gorgeous girls, and fast music and wild dancing... where was I going with this?" she said, momentarily distracting herself, until her ring's compulsion to carry out Morrigan's request kicks in. "Oh, that's right, we really probably shouldn't. I mean, it's our first day, we still need to get settled in, make sure we've got everything we need for when classes start, get a good feel for the campus - oh, and make sure that we can change rooms with someone if we're too close to that RA, that's definitely important. And speaking of, it kinda occurs to me that they might just want you there to keep her away. I mean, granted when I say it that doesn't really sound bad, it gets you an invite and hey, why would anyone want an RA like her at a party, but still, food for thought."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-20 at 04:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Religious studies! Says Sawa excitedly I learned all about The Great Old Ones and the Litany of Earty as my training as an acolyte at the Shrine to Cthulhu, but I don't kniw that much about Human religion. It is hurting my ability to be a missionary.

A party!? I've never been to a party before! What's happening there!?
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    I use luck.
    I use Shining Trapezohedron to get an additional bonus+2 on a d4 check.
    If I get a one or a 2, I re-roll with sealed power.
    I guess I can use my Chuunibyuo power to treat it as a success if I fail? How does that work in context?
    EDIT: maybe there's a pool!? If so, +2 from splash magnet?
    Strong roll+1
    "Oh I was just telling our lovely......" He starts before he is beaned in the head by something at high speeds.

Brooklyn wanders around for a while, seeing the sights, acquainting herself with decent spots to just hang out for a smoke. And she is doing just that as the tour catches up o where she is. And she sees a young man talking to Maya. She knew what the cards had told her when she wandered off earlier, and now the time had come.

He was just reaching out to touch her shoulder, and that is when Brooklyn lets fly with the one thing she had to hand, one of the hymnals she stole when she was fleeing the church. She watches her follow through, and has the pleasure of seeing the book fly straight and true, striking him right in the face before his hand could reach Maya. In a moment of comedic effect, it knocks him over, and the book tips over and falls with a soft thud onto the ground next to him.

And then Brooklyn strolls up and retrieves her book, giving the boy a good look at the girl dressed in the Catholic school uniform who threw a book with such lethal accuracy.

Now. I get it. You want the gorgeous girl at your party. I get it. I want her at my parties too. She would be such wonderful company. And she is hot, too. But... she is also a sorceress. And I want to know that you aren't inviting her to your party just so that you have a scapegoat for if something goes terribly wrong. Because that would upset her. And when she is upset, I get angry. And when I get angry, i throw books. As you just found out.

So, tell me. Do we have a problem?

Before he can respond, Brooklyn looks over to Maya and her tone completely changes. Are you okay?

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Conflict. Practiced grace, pocket hammer, Personality flip. Gives me a roll total of 8.
    Um.... yeah..... Do you really think he was only trying to be my friend to get the RA off his back? Maya rubs the back of her neck anxiously looking around, both at the guy's retreating form, and for the RA.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll is as Vecna said, this is just how she does it IC.

Also, I'm going to assume this part takes place before Morrigan suddenly crashes in on a wrecking ball, since otherwise this would all get very awkward in all kinds of ways.

"Uh, like I said, you're not really getting a full wish..." Sophia starts to explain. "And the whole thing'll probably wear off before the party itself, and I kind of can't guarantee anything about it anyway without granting a real wish..." When Morrigan then amends her request to trying to convince Maya not to attend the party, Sophia looks disappointed, but replies, "Yeah, that I can do. Or at least try my best. Your wish is my command," she said with another, half-hearted bow.

She flew back off to where Maya was talking with the man, swapping a couple of things about her outfit as she went: ditching the princess-dunce cap and leaning into the harem girl look with a veil over her mouth and a belly button ring. That part didn't have anything to do with Morrigan's request, she just felt like it. "Oh, hey, Maya?" she said to get the sorceress' attention while Brooklyn was confronting the man she'd been speaking with. "Couldn't help hearing the talk about a party, and while I'd really love to attend our first real college party, with hot guys and gorgeous girls, and fast music and wild dancing... where was I going with this?" she said, momentarily distracting herself, until her ring's compulsion to carry out Morrigan's request kicks in. "Oh, that's right, we really probably shouldn't. I mean, it's our first day, we still need to get settled in, make sure we've got everything we need for when classes start, get a good feel for the campus - oh, and make sure that we can change rooms with someone if we're too close to that RA, that's definitely important. And speaking of, it kinda occurs to me that they might just want you there to keep her away. I mean, granted when I say it that doesn't really sound bad, it gets you an invite and hey, why would anyone want an RA like her at a party, but still, food for thought."
    Oh gods, you're right. We need to start checking out our rooms before we even worry about parties. I'm sure the RA will stroke out if I end up near her. Maya replies hand over her mouth.

While the others are talking, various noises are going on in the background - chains snapping, people screaming, cars honking, tires screeching. Morrigan enters stage left, precariously balancing on a loosed wrecking ball. She's so focused on not falling off that she doesn't see it about to bowl Maya over. It hits the sorceress and stops dead in its tracks, with momentum sending Morrigan flying into a puddle left over from the water tower destruction. She stands carefully while dusting herself off, little the worse for wear. "Did I hear something about a party?" she asks, before noticing some scrapes and digging into her backpack for some medical supplies. "I've never actually been to one."

"I mean, for good reason, though,"
    she adds, as her fingers brush the ring still hidden safely in her pack.

Show
    "D-Don't Hurt Me!"

Explanation is that things are so obviously going wrong around her that it scares the guy into thinking she might attend and make everything go wrong, and he tries to make that not happen. So the worse things get for her in this brief introduction, the scarier it is.

Luck. Strong 1 + Accident-Prone 2 + Splash Magnet 2 + Vulnerable 2 = +7.

Show
    Hypercharged.

Skill. Carry My Books. Strong Roll 1 + Harem Outfit 1 + Hypercharged 1 - Overclocked 2 = -1

Conflict. 0 - Weak Roll 1 - Hypercharged 1 - Overclocked 2 = -4

Sophia's in full genie mode as part of the ring being rubbed, it'd be such a bitch move to not let Harem Outfit apply, especially given what all screwing over I'm doing anyway.
    Oh my gods, are you alright? Maya asks immediately, tossing the first aid supplies out of Morrgian's hands. Let me~ She commands, and in an instant, and with a spark of magic Maya, all the scrapes vanish instantly.

I also healed the sprain that was forming. I hope you don't mind. She beams warmly, and Morrgian gets a quite nice view down her shirt~

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Oh gods, you're right. We need to start checking out our rooms before we even worry about parties. I'm sure the RA will stroke out if I end up near her. Maya replies hand over her mouth.
    "Yeah, she definitely would," Sophia agrees, though she's disappointed that Maya had actually decided against going to this party. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be others.

She was about to say something more, but then Morrigan came barrelling in on... a huge wrecking ball?! Sophie managed to slip out of the way, but Maya wasn't so lucky. "Maya! Are..." she started to react, but then did a double-take as the Sorceress just... tanked the hit like something out of a video game, or superhero film. The sight made her heart skip a beat, for more than one reason. "...you... okay,what just happened?" she remarked in confusion.

Oh my gods, are you alright? Maya asks immediately, tossing the first aid supplies out of Morrgian's hands. Let me~ She commands, and in an instant, and with a spark of magic Maya, all the scrapes vanish instantly.

I also healed the sprain that was forming. I hope you don't mind. She beams warmly, and Morrgian gets a quite nice view down her shirt~
    "Oh, right, Morrigan," Sophia shakes herself out of her stunned state as Maya goes to check on the other girl - and is surprised at how easily she heals her. Dang, she does not give herself enough credit for all these different kinds of magic she knows, the Genie girl thinks to herself. "Morrigan, what happened there? Where'd that wrecking ball come from? And how'd you end up on top of it?"
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-21 at 04:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Well, I'm glad you're alright She is amazing!

Sawa makes a point to try to learn what is going on.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Morrigan doesn't even notice the ample view, too busy blushing at Maya's assistance. "Umm...thanks, I don't mind. Are you okay, though? It was going pretty fast when it hit you..."

She was about to say something more, but then Morrigan came barrelling in on... a huge wrecking ball?! Sophie managed to slip out of the way, but Maya wasn't so lucky. "Maya! Are..." she started to react, but then did a double-take as the Sorceress just... tanked the hit like something out of a video game, or superhero film. The sight made her heart skip a beat, for more than one reason. "...you... okay,what just happened?" she remarked in confusion.

"Oh, right, Morrigan," Sophia shakes herself out of her stunned state as Maya goes to check on the other girl - and is surprised at how easily she heals her. Dang, she does not give herself enough credit for all these different kinds of magic she knows, the Genie girl thinks to herself. "Morrigan, what happened there? Where'd that wrecking ball come from? And how'd you end up on top of it?"
    Morrigan glances at the still-loose wrecking ball, reaches i to her pack, and pulls out three wedges. She places them carefully around tge ball so it won't roll away without significant effort. She answers while she works on this:

"Construction trucks moving towards where the water tower used to be. I think there must've been a mix-up, though, because the wave of 'em I saw looked more for demolishing stuff than buildong it back up. Maybe they requested a debris-clearing team and the wrecker came with?"

"Anyway it looks like some jackass drove through a red way too fast and clipped the truck. Neither of them crahed but the jolt did something cuz this baby came loose and was bouncing my way. I was taking a side-alley and couldn't really dodge out of tue way so I tried to jump for one of those service ladders but a bolt came loose and I got dropped right on top. Then I was too busy not falling off to notice what happened, in case falling off would put me in the pancake zone again. I guess it kept rolling for a bit. And then it hit Maya."
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-04-21 at 04:42 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Um.... yeah..... Do you really think he was only trying to be my friend to get the RA off his back? Maya rubs the back of her neck anxiously looking around, both at the guy's retreating form, and for the RA.
    No. I also think he wanted in your pants. I didn't take the time to do a reading on him though, just taking a guess.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #108

"Yeah, she definitely would," Sophia agrees, though she's disappointed that Maya had actually decided against going to this party. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be others.

Oh yeah. Maya assured Sophia brightly. It'd take more then that, to hurt me. She beamed warmly.

Morrigan doesn't even notice the ample view, too busy blushing at Maya's assistance. "Umm...thanks, I don't mind. Are you okay, though? It was going pretty fast when it hit you..."

Morrigan glances at the still-loose wrecking ball, reaches i to her pack, and pulls out three wedges. She places them carefully around tge ball so it won't roll away without significant effort. She answers while she works on this:

"Construction trucks moving towards where the water tower used to be. I think there must've been a mix-up, though, because the wave of 'em I saw looked more for demolishing stuff than buildong it back up. Maybe they requested a debris-clearing team and the wrecker came with?"

"Anyway it looks like some jackass drove through a red way too fast and clipped the truck. Neither of them crahed but the jolt did something cuz this baby came loose and was bouncing my way. I was taking a side-alley and couldn't really dodge out of tue way so I tried to jump for one of those service ladders but a bolt came loose and I got dropped right on top. Then I was too busy not falling off to notice what happened, in case falling off would put me in the pancake zone again. I guess it kept rolling for a bit. And then it hit Maya."
    So.... I'm just going to say this.... Should you really be the one to ensure it doesn't move away? I've seen your luck. Maya asks gently.

Well, I'm glad you're alright She is amazing!

Sawa makes a point to try to learn what is going on.
    Thank you! Are you okay? Not too spooked, right? Maya waves Sawa over.

No. I also think he wanted in your pants. I didn't take the time to do a reading on him though, just taking a guess.
    Well, they say sorceresses are good at romance. She grins doing a hip strut and a twirl.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn tries. She tries really hard to not have a “gotcha” moment. She failed horribly.

Yeah? Well, it’s like the song says: “You and me could write a bad romance.”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia continued to look amazed as Morrigan described what had occurred. "Oh, geez. Between that and the water tower, this school is having a bad day, huh?" she remarks. "I'm glad no one got hurt. Both times, I guess, yeesh. You're pretty lucky that thing didn't throw you into anything more serious than a puddle when it stopped, actually."

Oh yeah. Maya assured Sophia brightly. It'd take more then that, to hurt me. She beamed warmly.
    "...seriously?" Sophia says, surprised. "What kind of magic does that? I mean, we Genies are pretty hard to do anything serious to, but I'm pretty sure even I'd be hurting pretty bad if I'd gotten hit with that thing. At least for a little while."

"Well, yeah, that's pretty much every guy over thirteen or so. Except the gay ones, anyway," Sophia remarks offhandedly.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

So.... I'm just going to say this.... Should you really be the one to ensure it doesn't move away? I've seen your luck. Maya asks gently.
    "Oh yeah, I don't expect this will last. But it'll...probably last long enough to contact some kinda authority and let them know where it is?"

Sophia continued to look amazed as Morrigan described what had occurred. "Oh, geez. Between that and the water tower, this school is having a bad day, huh?" she remarks. "I'm glad no one got hurt. Both times, I guess, yeesh. You're pretty lucky that thing didn't throw you into anything more serious than a puddle when it stopped, actually."
    Morrigan nods. "That's probably about the one upside to... she waves her hand around vaguely, "...whatever this is: it's usually kinda laser-targeted on me, one way or another. You tend to need to be pretty close to get in the splash zone. Like, the guy who clipped the truck transporting the wrecker? He got out to yell at them, because of course it can't be his fault. But like, at least he wasn't seriously injured?"

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #112

Brooklyn tries. She tries really hard to not have a “gotcha” moment. She failed horribly.

Yeah? Well, it’s like the song says: “You and me could write a bad romance.”
    I would hope I'd write a good romance. Maya grins gesturing to herself.

"...seriously?" Sophia says, surprised. "What kind of magic does that? I mean, we Genies are pretty hard to do anything serious to, but I'm pretty sure even I'd be hurting pretty bad if I'd gotten hit with that thing. At least for a little while."

"Well, yeah, that's pretty much every guy over thirteen or so. Except the gay ones, anyway," Sophia remarks offhandedly.
    All sorcerers are too some degree hard to harm. It's why we tend to get away with alot of stuff if we're powerful. It's, is the action worth a huge body count if we wanna press it.

"Oh yeah, I don't expect this will last. But it'll...probably last long enough to contact some kinda authority and let them know where it is?"

Morrigan nods. "That's probably about the one upside to... she waves her hand around vaguely, "...whatever this is: it's usually kinda laser-targeted on me, one way or another. You tend to need to be pretty close to get in the splash zone. Like, the guy who clipped the truck transporting the wrecker? He got out to yell at them, because of course it can't be his fault. But like, at least he wasn't seriously injured?"
    I can do you one better. Maya stomps her foot, and throws her hands from touching, to pushing as if opening a giant door.

A hole forms in the earth, just wide enough to cover the wrecking ball. [Morrigan, and just Morrigan roll a luck check to see if you almost fall in. DC 5]
    Last edited by Illven; 2021-04-21 at 11:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Thank you! Are you okay? Not too spooked, right? Maya waves Sawa over.
    Hi, I'm Sawa Shicchi! I'm fine! I take comfort in the fact that the future is already written, and travelers from that future have revealed we will not be doomed for some time yet! pauses, realizing she may have lost her audience...

Anyway, I'm glad to meet you! I'm sure you don't want to learn about the Great Old Ones right now! Let's learn more about where we are spending the next few years!
    GNU Terry Pratchett

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

I can do you one better. Maya stomps her foot, and throws her hands from touching, to pushing as if opening a giant door.

A hole forms in the earth, just wide enough to cover the wrecking ball. [Morrigan, and just Morrigan roll a luck check to see if you almost fall in. DC 5]
    Maya overextended her power a bit, it seems, because the earth under Morrigan's feet slips away as well, just enough to send her teetering forward!
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-04-22 at 12:01 AM.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #115

Hi, I'm Sawa Shicchi! I'm fine! I take comfort in the fact that the future is already written, and travelers from that future have revealed we will not be doomed for some time yet! pauses, realizing she may have lost her audience...

Anyway, I'm glad to meet you! I'm sure you don't want to learn about the Great Old Ones right now! Let's learn more about where we are spending the next few years!
    But... time travel.....Even time sorcerers can't go back in time.... Maya protests

Maya overextended her power a bit, it seems, because the earth under Morrigan's feet slips away as well, just enough to send her teetering forward!
    Maya immediately rushes forward, clasping her arms around Morrigan in a protective hug.

I am so sorry! That doesn't ever happen to me! She said feverently.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Maya immediately rushes forward, clasping her arms around Morrigan in a protective hug.

I am so sorry! That doesn't ever happen to me! She said feverently.
    Morrigan doesn't shy away from the hug, although she is a bit miffed. "Just...a bit of warning next time, okay? I usually make it through stuff by keeping vigilant, but you're...hard to predict."

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #117

Morrigan doesn't shy away from the hug, although she is a bit miffed. "Just...a bit of warning next time, okay? I usually make it through stuff by keeping vigilant, but you're...hard to predict."
    Yeah, yeah. Um... You'll want to back away cause I plan on burying the ball until someone comes to collect it..... It is only after this that she actually lets you go to walk off.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, yeah. Um... You'll want to back away cause I plan on burying the ball until someone comes to collect it..... It is only after this that she actually lets you go to walk off.
    "We should probably let the city or the company...whichever owns it...know where their property is buried, but yeah that should work."Morrigan takes a half-dozen steps back, and reaches into her pack to remove a construction hat. She dons it and flashes a thumbs up.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

But... time travel.....Even time sorcerers can't go back in time....
    No one but the Elder Gods can, physically. But the Yith will eventually learn how to switch bodies with people in other times and places. They have bartered knowledge of the Earth's future to Deep Ones, like my father. Now there is peace between the various species of Humanity, we are reaching out to share our knowledge! Would you like a pamphlet?
    GNU Terry Pratchett

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

I would hope I'd write a good romance. Maya grins gesturing to herself.
    I am sure you do. As to me... not so much.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!