New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "We should probably let the city or the company...whichever owns it...know where their property is buried, but yeah that should work."Morrigan takes a half-dozen steps back, and reaches into her pack to remove a construction hat. She dons it and flashes a thumbs up.
    Maya splits the Earth again, and this time the wrecking ball rolls in, with no one at any risk. With a wave of her hand the earth forms over the wrecking ball.

How long did you roll? Maya asks. We might be able to just go over to the wrecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    No one but the Elder Gods can, physically. But the Yith will eventually learn how to switch bodies with people in other times and places. They have bartered knowledge of the Earth's future to Deep Ones, like my father. Now there is peace between the various species of Humanity, we are reaching out to share our knowledge! Would you like a pamphlet?
    Peace between the various species of humanity. Maya barks out laughing. That's a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    I am sure you do. As to me... not so much.
    Well have you ever tried girls, maybe your romance story is just a yuri one waiting to bloom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Sawa sighs. No one ever takes a pamphlet....
    At least laughing disbelief is better thsn most reactions to people finding out she's half fish-person.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

3. - Top - End - #123

Sawa sighs. No one ever takes a pamphlet....
    At least laughing disbelief is better thsn most reactions to people finding out she's half fish-person.
    I mean, I'm just saying a peace between the races of man is a long way coming. Maya replies.

We're still stomping all around South Korea in our hundred year war there, and helping a despotic dictator She lists off a finger.
    Even though we're out of the middle east. It still hasn't calmed down from all our ****-stirring She lists off a second finger
    Strong enough sorcerers still get to commit whatever small scale theft or murders they want. She lists off her third finger.
    Oh. And the South American Union is about one bad day from breaking apart into open warfare. Oh, and Brazil is refusing to extradite their diplomats to Ecuador. She finishes.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Well have you ever tried girls, maybe your romance story is just a yuri one waiting to bloom.
    Yeah. I’m more or less pan. But the problem with me and romance isn’t the wanting. It’s that I can see the future. Kinda. A lot of times I have to sort out what I see because there is this fog around it, you know, because of free will? But sometimes it comes to me in full HDMI, surround sound, the whole nine yards. And that is how every one of my relationships ended. Because I saw what they were gonna do to me.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Maya splits the Earth again, and this time the wrecking ball rolls in, with no one at any risk. With a wave of her hand the earth forms over the wrecking ball.

How long did you roll? Maya asks. We might be able to just go over to the wrecker.
    Morrigan shrugs. "I wasn't exactly timing it. Felt like forever, but couldn't have been more than a minute, yeah?"
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-04-22 at 03:51 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Morrigan nods. "That's probably about the one upside to... she waves her hand around vaguely, "...whatever this is: it's usually kinda laser-targeted on me, one way or another. You tend to need to be pretty close to get in the splash zone. Like, the guy who clipped the truck transporting the wrecker? He got out to yell at them, because of course it can't be his fault. But like, at least he wasn't seriously injured?"
    Sophia looked confused at that. "Wait, are you saying stuff like that happens around you a lot? Do you have like a curse or something?"

All sorcerers are too some degree hard to harm. It's why we tend to get away with alot of stuff if we're powerful. It's, is the action worth a huge body count if we wanna press it.
    "Well, sure, but I thought that was because of the magic, not because you could just shrug off hits like Superman," Sophia replies, briefly changing her own outfit to a Supergirl one and puffing out her chest in the classic Superman pose as she did.

No one but the Elder Gods can, physically. But the Yith will eventually learn how to switch bodies with people in other times and places. They have bartered knowledge of the Earth's future to Deep Ones, like my father. Now there is peace between the various species of Humanity, we are reaching out to share our knowledge! Would you like a pamphlet?
    "Riiight... body switching across time, that totally makes more sense than regular old time travel..." Sophia said, clearly skeptical but trying (and probably failing) to be polite about it.

Yeah. I’m more or less pan. But the problem with me and romance isn’t the wanting. It’s that I can see the future. Kinda. A lot of times I have to sort out what I see because there is this fog around it, you know, because of free will? But sometimes it comes to me in full HDMI, surround sound, the whole nine yards. And that is how every one of my relationships ended. Because I saw what they were gonna do to me.
    "So, you get to know whether relationships will turn out bad in advance and skip out on those ones? Sounds pretty handy, actually - I sure could've used that kind of talent in High School," Sophia put in.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-22 at 04:05 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Sophia looked confused at that. "Wait, are you saying stuff like that happens around you a lot? Do you have like a curse or something?"
    Morrigan shrugs. "If it's magical in nature nobody's ever been able to tell. Can't be dispelled or really repressed either. My dad has it too, although nowhere near as bad as me, and his dad too. We think it's definitely a family thing - Murphy's Law and all that, or so the joke goes - but that sounds like it should be a curse too and yet it apparently isn't so..." She shrugs again.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

"So, you get to know whether relationships will turn out bad in advance and skip out on those ones? Sounds pretty handy, actually - I sure could've used that kind of talent in High School," Sophia put in.
    No. I don’t get to see it right away. That’s why I’ve been in bad relationships before. And there are times where I do something, but that’s because my sight doesn’t always let me know about myself.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

but.... but... all those conflicts ard between two groups of air-humans... No Ghouls or Deep Ones involved at all...
    Sawa blushes terribly and looks crestfallen.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Morrigan shrugs. "If it's magical in nature nobody's ever been able to tell. Can't be dispelled or really repressed either. My dad has it too, although nowhere near as bad as me, and his dad too. We think it's definitely a family thing - Murphy's Law and all that, or so the joke goes - but that sounds like it should be a curse too and yet it apparently isn't so..." She shrugs again.
    "Huh - well, that sucks. Sure sounds like a curse, though; I wonder why no one's been able to figure it out?" Sophia pondered. She wondered for a moment about whether a Genie's wish might be able to help the poor girl - but thought the better of saying anything about that aloud. She still didn't know Morrigan very well, and if she let the other girl have her ring for one wish, she was on the hook for three, and she was definitely not going to trust someone she just met with that. "Did your family ever get a full-blown sorcerer to check it out? Or just like, celestial healers or something?" she asked instead.

No. I don’t get to see it right away. That’s why I’ve been in bad relationships before. And there are times where I do something, but that’s because my sight doesn’t always let me know about myself.
    "Oh," Sophia says, deflating a bit. "Well, still, some warning's got to be better than nothing, right? I mean... I know there's some relationships that, once they start, if they go bad, are always going to go really bad, trust me; but that's not all of them by any stretch. Getting an easy - or, at least easier - out for a bad one before it hits rock bottom still sounds like a positive to me."

but.... but... all those conflicts ard between two groups of air-humans... No Ghouls or Deep Ones involved at all...
    "There were conflicts between Ghouls and Deep Ones?" Sophie questioned. The things this Sawa girl said all seemed so very confusing to her.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh," Sophia says, deflating a bit. "Well, still, some warning's got to be better than nothing, right? I mean... I know there's some relationships that, once they start, if they go bad, are always going to go really bad, trust me; but that's not all of them by any stretch. Getting an easy - or, at least easier - out for a bad one before it hits rock bottom still sounds like a positive to me."
    Brooklyn sighs. I wish you could understand how I see things. You would probably not be saying things the way you are.

She pulls her cigarettes out of where she keeps them tucked into her shirt. She opens the pack, looks, sighs again. She crushes the pack in her fist.

Well. See you round. Maybe.

Brooklyn starts walking off.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2021-04-22 at 10:47 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #132

Yes. I'm saying, I don't know where you got the idea there's peace between the races of men.

13. - Top - End - #133

Episode 1 Scene 4.

And with that it's a quiet night in. Maya invites you four, and your roommates in for a quiet night watching anime. She does do this, before asking Sophia if it's okay in an overeager moment of impropriety.

Oh and of course, Maya and Sophia's room is literally right next to the RA office/room. They seem to expect the RA to keep an eye on Maya. Any swapping will have to be done unofficially, though you expect the RA not to raise a fuss over having Maya further away.

Spoiler: Morrigan
    Show

Your roommate, is a 6'0 flat chested girl named Crystal. Does Morrigan invite her to the party?

Spoiler: Sawa
    Show

Your roommate is a gorgeous 4'10 buxom blonde succubus named Liz. Does Sawa invite her to the party?

Spoiler: Brooklyn
    Show

Your roommate is a gorgeous 5'9 buxom brunette named Amber. Does Brooklyn invite her to the party?

Spoiler: Sophia
    Show

Your roommate is a gorgeous 5'8 buxom blue haired sorceress named Maya Sophia doesn't have a choice if she's invited to the party

As you open the door, you can feel Maya's annoyance.

No, no Miss.Shawels. I assure you. I don't need you to help me hang up my posters, or deliver me stuff from the Mess Hall. Especially that second one, since I'm FASTER THEN YOU.

You see the RA yet again, rushing around like a headless rabbit trying to please Maya.

Hey, gals. Come in, come in. I think I have it narrowed down to three choices. We could watch Blustery Hearts, a yuri harem anime. Or we could watch Blankey, blankey, blankety. A spy thriller whose tagline is. "It's so classified, you don't even have the clearance to hear the title." And then finally we've got The Last Spell. Which is a shonen wizard show.

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure is a vote for Blustery Hearts. Skill is a vote for Blankey, Blankey, Blankey. Conflict is The Last Spell. Winner gains +3 VP.

If people tie under the same roll, that's okay. If it's separate rolls, I'll use tie breaker rules.
    Last edited by Illven; 2021-04-25 at 05:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Amber. So you know that sorceress girl? She's invited me over for a night of watching anime. Only thing is, I don't know anything about it, want to come with me, help me keep my head above water?

Regardless of whether Amber goes or not, Brooklyn doesn't change clothes, and that's not just because she doesn't have anything different to wear. So it's schoolgirl uniform all the way. But before she goes to Maya's room, she stops outside for a quick smoke, and to check for signs. There are always signs. Tonight, the signs point to a decent night in, not great. Although, great depends on what you hope the outcome to be.

Regardless. The signs point to a good night. For her, and for another girl. A girl nearby. A girl who was doing something earlier... but what was it...?

And that is when she gets hit in the face by a pamphlet. A pamphlet about the elder gods, and humans and the balance between worlds?

Ah... that girl. Well. A sign is a sign. At least it is someone who could use a good night.

Brooklyn puts out her cigarette, heads inside and goes to knock on the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strong Allure, Maiden's Garb, Fortune Talisman (Sawa gets a +2 bonus from it). +5 total.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia had gotten set up in their dorm room pretty quickly - she actually didn't need to pack all that much, being a Genie and able to just conjure a lot of things that she needed, so she'd mostly brought food, since any of that that she conjured just vanished when it reached someone's stomach. Because for some reason Genies couldn't actually feed anyone without it being a wish; go figure. Once that was stored in the fridge and cupboards she set about decorating her part of the room, conjuring up colorful veils around the bed, some wind chimes, a hanging wicker chair, and posters of a few popular Succubus and Incubus actors. She'd have to replace all of it each time she came and went, of course, but that was easy enough.

The posters actually gave her a thought though - Maya had invited the other girls that had been hanging around her today over for an anime night, which had disappointed Sophia a bit since she'd been hoping for a night alone to just chat up the other girl and learn about her. She could use a way to stand out once the others arrived, and she recalled Maya mentioning that her first crush had been a succu-blooded girl. That in mind, she shifted her appearance: making her hips and especially bust larger, and shrinking her waist (though only a bit, since she'd already had it relatively thin), and making her lips just a little fuller. Her hair she let loose from the ponytail it had been in and switched it's color to black, and she made her clothes hug her now distinctly hourglass figure just a bit more. If the Succubus look was something Maya liked in a girl, this ought to help keep her attention tonight.

As the other girls started to arrive, Sophia was rapidly tiring of the RA's presence - and to judge by her reaction, Maya was too. Looking for any excuse to get the girl out of the room, Sophia leaned out their room's door to glance down the halls, and spots another girl struggling to carry a sizable amount of luggage up the stairs to the next floor alone; definitely more than she should be trying to handle by herself. With a short wave of her hand, she caused a strong wind to gust down those stairs, and the girl lost her grip on the luggage, leading to it falling back down the steps with a loud BANG. Sophia winced, pretending to have just had her attention drawn by the sound, and said, "Oh, uh, Miss Shawels, I think there's someone else over there who needs your help a lot more than we do right. That's an awful lot of luggage someone just dropped in the stairwell." When the RA, predictably, starts to object, still terrified of doing anything less than pleasing Maya constantly, Sophia summons a brief gust to help usher her out the door and spin her to see the situation. "Seriously, look, there's no way someone like her can handle all that on her own, and it's kind of an RA's job to assist residents in need, right? Go, go go!" she shoos her away. After closing the door, she remarks to Maya, "I really hope that keeps her for a while. We have got to find someone to trade rooms with tomorrow."

Once everyone has arrived and Maya started listing off their options, Sophia didn't even need to wait to hear beyond the first before interrupting with her vote: "Ooo, haven't heard of that one, but harem anime are always fun! I'm totally up for that."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Allure, Strong +1, Harem Outfit +1, Butt In +2, Elemental Affinity +2 = +6 minimum.
    Also, Sophia is attempting to use Appealing Form for another +2, making herself look more Succubus-like, based on Maya having mentioned that her first crush was succu-blooded earlier. That brings the total to +8 if it works.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-04-26 at 11:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Morrigan rushes in, a couple bulging plastic bags in her arms. "Sorry I'm late, I wa--FUC--" Morrigan trips over a loose backpack strap and tumbles. Almost instinctively, she tries to roll onto her back and protect her head, although she only ends up on her side. The over-stuffed bags burst, and the drinks within (some soda and juice, but mostly water cuz Morrigan is a hydro homie) end up spilling all over her...and all over the surge protector. There's some smoke and brief dimming of the lights before she jolts back up, pushing herself back to standing. Her hair's all frazzled now from the sudden soaking and subsequent electrocution, she looks quite a sight.

She sets the remains of the bags down sheepishly and pulls out some cleaning supplies and some spare clothes from her backpack. "I'll get this dealt with real quick. Can I use your restroom?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Morrigan invited Crystal. Morrigan doesn't have a personal preference on what to watch.

Luck O The Irish, rolling Luck instead of Skill. Strong roll 1 + Accident-Prone 2 + Vulnerable 2 + Splash Magnet 2 + Water Affinity 2 = +9.

The idea here is that Blustery Hearts and The Last Spell got splashed and/or shocked as a result of the sudden chaos. If skill loses, it's because at least one of the others (the winner) could be repaired enough to use.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137

Hey Amber. So you know that sorceress girl? She's invited me over for a night of watching anime. Only thing is, I don't know anything about it, want to come with me, help me keep my head above water?

Regardless of whether Amber goes or not, Brooklyn doesn't change clothes, and that's not just because she doesn't have anything different to wear. So it's schoolgirl uniform all the way. But before she goes to Maya's room, she stops outside for a quick smoke, and to check for signs. There are always signs. Tonight, the signs point to a decent night in, not great. Although, great depends on what you hope the outcome to be.

Regardless. The signs point to a good night. For her, and for another girl. A girl nearby. A girl who was doing something earlier... but what was it...?

And that is when she gets hit in the face by a pamphlet. A pamphlet about the elder gods, and humans and the balance between worlds?

Ah... that girl. Well. A sign is a sign. At least it is someone who could use a good night.

Brooklyn puts out her cigarette, heads inside and goes to knock on the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strong Allure, Maiden's Garb, Fortune Talisman (Sawa gets a +2 bonus from it). +5 total.
    Brooklyn! Brooklyn, please come on in! Maya beams warmly. Save me! She whispers quietly gesturing to the busy body that is Miss.Shawels.

Hey. She beams warmly to your new roommate. I'm Maya. She introduces herself.

"Amber" She lets out far more neutrally.

Sophia had gotten set up in their dorm room pretty quickly - she actually didn't need to pack all that much, being a Genie and able to just conjure a lot of things that she needed, so she'd mostly brought food, since any of that that she conjured just vanished when it reached someone's stomach. Because for some reason Genies couldn't actually feed anyone without it being a wish; go figure. Once that was stored in the fridge and cupboards she set about decorating her part of the room, conjuring up colorful veils around the bed, some wind chimes, a hanging wicker chair, and posters of a few popular Succubus and Incubus actors. She'd have to replace all of it each time she came and went, of course, but that was easy enough.

The posters actually gave her a thought though - Maya had invited the other girls that had been hanging around her today over for an anime night, which had disappointed Sophia a bit since she'd been hoping for a night alone to just chat up the other girl and learn about her. She could use a way to stand out once the others arrived, and she recalled Maya mentioning that her first crush had been a succu-blooded girl. That in mind, she shifted her appearance: making her hips and especially bust larger, and shrinking her waist (though only a bit, since she'd already had it relatively thin), and making her lips just a little fuller. Her hair she let loose from the ponytail it had been in and switched it's color to black, and she made her clothes hug her now distinctly hourglass figure just a bit more. If the Succubus look was something Maya liked in a girl, this ought to help keep her attention tonight.

As the other girls started to arrive, Sophia was rapidly tiring of the RA's presence - and to judge by her reaction, Maya was too. Looking for any excuse to get the girl out of the room, Sophia leaned out their room's door to glance down the halls, and spots another girl struggling to carry a sizable amount of luggage up the stairs to the next floor alone; definitely more than she should be trying to handle by herself. With a short wave of her hand, she caused a strong wind to gust down those stairs, and the girl lost her grip on the luggage, leading to it falling back down the steps with a loud BANG. Sophia winced, pretending to have just had her attention drawn by the sound, and said, "Oh, uh, Miss Shawels, I think there's someone else over there who needs your help a lot more than we do right. That's an awful lot of luggage someone just dropped in the stairwell." When the RA, predictably, starts to object, still terrified of doing anything less than pleasing Maya constantly, Sophia summons a brief gust to help usher her out the door and spin her to see the situation. "Seriously, look, there's no way someone like her can handle all that on her own, and it's kind of an RA's job to assist residents in need, right? Go, go go!" she shoos her away. After closing the door, she remarks to Maya, "I really hope that keeps her for a while. We have got to find someone to trade rooms with tomorrow."

Once everyone has arrived and Maya started listing off their options, Sophia didn't even need to wait to hear beyond the first before interrupting with her vote: "Ooo, haven't heard of that one, but harem anime are always fun! I'm totally up for that."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Allure, Strong +1, Harem Outfit +1, Butt In +2, Elemental Affinity +2 = +6 minimum.
    Also, Sophia is attempting to use Appealing Form for another +2, making herself look more Succubus-like, based on Maya having mentioned that her first crush was succu-blooded earlier. That brings the total to +8 if it works.
    While Maya has been sneaking glances, it's certainly not what you come to expect from someone when you take a form to appease them.

Ms.Shawels does look to Maya before she goes. Possibly prompted by Maya making a shoo gesture.

And maybe conjure a lock for whatever dorm we take. I know we're not supposed to, but I don't think anyone will stop me from a little privacy. Maya mutters looking about to say more, before.

Morrigan rushes in, a couple bulging plastic bags in her arms. "Sorry I'm late, I wa--FUC--" Morrigan trips over a loose backpack strap and tumbles. Almost instinctively, she tries to roll onto her back and protect her head, although she only ends up on her side. The over-stuffed bags burst, and the drinks within (some soda and juice, but mostly water cuz Morrigan is a hydro homie) end up spilling all over her...and all over the surge protector. There's some smoke and brief dimming of the lights before she jolts back up, pushing herself back to standing. Her hair's all frazzled now from the sudden soaking and subsequent electrocution, she looks quite a sight.

She sets the remains of the bags down sheepishly and pulls out some cleaning supplies and some spare clothes from her backpack. "I'll get this dealt with real quick. Can I use your restroom?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Morrigan invited Crystal. Morrigan doesn't have a personal preference on what to watch.

Luck O The Irish, rolling Luck instead of Skill. Strong roll 1 + Accident-Prone 2 + Vulnerable 2 + Splash Magnet 2 + Water Affinity 2 = +9.

The idea here is that Blustery Hearts and The Last Spell got splashed and/or shocked as a result of the sudden chaos. If skill loses, it's because at least one of the others (the winner) could be repaired enough to use.
    Oh my god, Morrigan are you okay? Maya comments, immediately rushing over to start to heal Morrigan.

Crystal takes this moment to start chatting. "Oh wow, you really are a sorceress. What was awakening like? They say you can only do so in times of great stress, is that true? What's it like, using magic!?" Maya turns from concentrating solely on healing you to mutlitasking effortlessly.

Did you really just ask a stranger. Hey, have you ever had a moment of "great stress"?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

"Really? Brooklyn says to the panicking RA. I don't even need my cards to see how this is going to end. I Don't knowo what you've been told by anyone, or what you think of our resident sorceress. But please, chill out! Your stressing over pleasing her is stressing the sorceress. I can promise you... Hells. I will even wager my cards over it. That if you calm down and just live your damn life, that things will be 99.9 percent fine. And the .1 percent, you are going to have no control over anyway.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #139

"Really? Brooklyn says to the panicking RA. I don't even need my cards to see how this is going to end. I Don't knowo what you've been told by anyone, or what you think of our resident sorceress. But please, chill out! Your stressing over pleasing her is stressing the sorceress. I can promise you... Hells. I will even wager my cards over it. That if you calm down and just live your damn life, that things will be 99.9 percent fine. And the .1 percent, you are going to have no control over anyway.
    "But what if she flips out, and starts breaking things!" Ms.Shawels lets out louder.

I haven't broken one thing since I've gotten here! In fact with the wrecking ball, I've stopped things from breaking!

"Right now there's a wild party, about to go on, get a little booze in your system and who knows what you'll do!"

I'm not even at the party! To which Ms.Shawels cowers.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Do you see my point now? You are actively. Actively making things worse.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #141

Do you see my point now? You are actively. Actively making things worse.
    "But.... I don't know what to do....." Ms.Shawel replies softly.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Start by taking a breath. In, then out. Calm yourself down. Then you are going to do what you are supposed to as an RA, and not try and make everything perfect. Nothing ever is. Just be yourself, and help with problems if and when we need help. That is, after all, what you are supposed to do. Not cater to one girl's every possible whim. That is for whoever ends up in love with this young woman.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my god, Morrigan are you okay? Maya comments, immediately rushing over to start to heal Morrigan.
    Morrigan gives a lazy salute. "Nothing to worry about Maya, it was pretty minor actually, mostly just frizzed my hair. I've been shocked way worse than that a whole buncha times!" she giggles.

Crystal takes this moment to start chatting. "Oh wow, you really are a sorceress. What was awakening like? They say you can only do so in times of great stress, is that true? What's it like, using magic!?" Maya turns from concentrating solely on healing you to mutlitasking effortlessly.

Did you really just ask a stranger. Hey, have you ever had a moment of "great stress"?[/QUOTE]

"I can tell you from experience that screaming your head off about what might go wrong isn't going to really solve anything," Morrigan adds dryly as she cleans things up. "All screaming does is stress out your throat and vocal cords. And the people around you."
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-04-28 at 11:35 PM.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #144

Start by taking a breath. In, then out. Calm yourself down. Then you are going to do what you are supposed to as an RA, and not try and make everything perfect. Nothing ever is. Just be yourself, and help with problems if and when we need help. That is, after all, what you are supposed to do. Not cater to one girl's every possible whim. That is for whoever ends up in love with this young woman.
    Catering to my every whim, huh? Who told you I'm a dom~ Mary winked shooting you a teasing grin.

"I can tell you from experience that screaming your head off about what might go wrong isn't going to really solve anything," Morrigan adds dryly as she cleans things up. "All screaming does is stress out your throat and vocal cords. And the people around you."

Morrigan gives a lazy salute. "Nothing to worry about Maya, it was pretty minor actually, mostly just frizzed my hair. I've been shocked way worse than that a whole buncha times!" she giggles.
    "But... but... I mean..... I suppose....." She starts.

"No no." Crystal butts in between you and Maya. "I just wanna know what it's like? To feel the power rushing at your fingertips."

Ms.Shawel pales, and it's clear Crystal is not helping.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

"But... but... I mean..... I suppose....." She starts.

"No no." Crystal butts in between you and Maya. "I just wanna know what it's like? To feel the power rushing at your fingertips."

"...she means well, I'm sure," Morrigan says to Maya. "Oh, uh...I brought snacks! Which now means a bunch of waters and sodas missing most of their liquid, and...healthy-ish chips and candy options, some of which are barely even sticky."

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Catering to my every whim, huh? Who told you I'm a dom~ Mary winked shooting you a teasing grin.
    Brooklyn taps her left breast, right over where she keeps her cards. She reaches into her deck and pulls out a card, seemingly at random. She then shows it to Maya. The Queen of Wands.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #147

"...she means well, I'm sure," Morrigan says to Maya. "Oh, uh...I brought snacks! Which now means a bunch of waters and sodas missing most of their liquid, and...healthy-ish chips and candy options, some of which are barely even sticky."
    Maya breathes out, and the water and sodas start refilling.

[Oh Maya. DC 5 luck check. Success means you get soaked from the sodas suddenly fizzing up., failure means it stays in.]

Morrigan is sprayed in the face.

But hey, Maya and Crystal (and everyone else is fine.)

Girl..... You are cursed.

Brooklyn taps her left breast, right over where she keeps her cards. She reaches into her deck and pulls out a card, seemingly at random. She then shows it to Maya. The Queen of Wands.
    Wait, you're... She raises an eyebrow confused before realization hits her. Ohhhhh.... Why thanks~ She beams
    Last edited by Illven; 2021-04-29 at 12:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Maya breathes out, and the water and sodas start refilling.

[Oh Maya. DC 5 luck check. Success means you get soaked from the sodas suddenly fizzing up., failure means it stays in.]

Morrigan is sprayed in the face.

But hey, Maya and Crystal (and everyone else is fine.)

Girl..... You are cursed.
    Morrigan shrugs. "I know it's not typical movie night attire, but maybe I should get my poncho out just in case?"

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #149

Morrigan shrugs. "I know it's not typical movie night attire, but maybe I should get my poncho out just in case?"
    At this point, sounds like a good idea....

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

While Maya has been sneaking glances, it's certainly not what you come to expect from someone when you take a form to appease them.

Ms.Shawels does look to Maya before she goes. Possibly prompted by Maya making a shoo gesture.

And maybe conjure a lock for whatever dorm we take. I know we're not supposed to, but I don't think anyone will stop me from a little privacy. Maya mutters looking about to say more, before.
    While Sophia enjoys that Maya is at least showing some interest, she's a little disappointed that her new shape wasn't getting Maya's full attention as she'd hoped. Though now she was really curious what it would take to do that.

Such thoughts were momentarily forgotten when dealing with Miss Shawels, though. "I don't know, if the rest of the dorms are like this one, we'd need to mount a chain lock on the wall or something to make that work. These doors aren't exactly designed for padlocks," Sophia answers Maya about the lock.

And then Morrigan arrived, followed not long after by Miss Shawels, who apparently hadn't taken as long as Sophia hoped helping the other girl with her luggage. Sophia was going to offer Morrigan her help, but Maya was quick on the case, and her healing and water magic were certainly more useful than anything the Genie girl could do anyway. So she instead mostly winds up listening to Brooklyn try to reason with Ms. Shawels... with little more luck than she'd had earlier, sadly.

At this, Sophia does finally interject, saying, "Well, you could start with treating Maya like a normal person. Most people kinda like when you do that, and while I just met her today too, she doesn't seem to be an exception. Might make things a lot less stressful for you. And us..." she mutters that last.

Since Crystal has so far been largely ignored, Sophia decides to chime in to hopefully answer her enough to get her to at least stop scaring the RA. "I dunno if it's different for a sorcerer, but for me at least, it's nothing like that. You don't feel a rush of power, or anything in particular. After a little while getting used to it when you first develop it, magic is just another thing you can do, like walking or talking. Like, I feel the wind when I use my wind magic, obviously, but the magic itself doesn't have a particular feeling to it."

"Oh, I can cover us on snacks, don't you worry," Sophia says, and with a snap of her fingers she has a big movie theater-style container of popcorn in one hand and a plate of cookies in the other. "And best part? I can't actually feed anyone without someone making a wish, so it'll all vanish when it hits your stomach. So you get to eat as much as you want, it all tastes normal, but no calories or weight gain to worry about!"