New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    At this, Sophia does finally interject, saying, "Well, you could start with treating Maya like a normal person. Most people kinda like when you do that, and while I just met her today too, she doesn't seem to be an exception. Might make things a lot less stressful for you. And us..." she mutters that last.
    "But she's not a normal person." Ms.Shawel replies, to which Maya rubs her eyes.

Just cause I don't have fantastic powers, doesn't make me not normal! Maya lets out.

Since Crystal has so far been largely ignored, Sophia decides to chime in to hopefully answer her enough to get her to at least stop scaring the RA. "I dunno if it's different for a sorcerer, but for me at least, it's nothing like that. You don't feel a rush of power, or anything in particular. After a little while getting used to it when you first develop it, magic is just another thing you can do, like walking or talking. Like, I feel the wind when I use my wind magic, obviously, but the magic itself doesn't have a particular feeling to it."
    "I mean, I know how normal magic works, my mom's a metal nymph. I just wanted to know how sorcery felt." Crystal started.

"Sorry, that came out harsher then intended. What I mean is...... well. Sorcery is so interesting you know?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I can cover us on snacks, don't you worry," Sophia says, and with a snap of her fingers she has a big movie theater-style container of popcorn in one hand and a plate of cookies in the other. "And best part? I can't actually feed anyone without someone making a wish, so it'll all vanish when it hits your stomach. So you get to eat as much as you want, it all tastes normal, but no calories or weight gain to worry about!"
    "Okay that's really cool," Morrigan admits. "Getting to try basically anything without it throwing you off. Although I guess that means it's just as well that the real food I brought is healthier - that way whatever actually makes its way into our system isn't just more junk?" She shrugs and helps herself to some yummy snacks.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "But she's not a normal person." Ms.Shawel replies, to which Maya rubs her eyes.

Just cause I don't have fantastic powers, doesn't make me not normal! Maya lets out.
    "No kidding..." Sophia can't help agreeing with Maya outburst, rubbing her forehead at how dense Miss Shawel had to be to just say something like that. "Look, think about it like this for a second: everyone else here has been treating Maya like a normal person since we met her. You, obviously, haven't. Now, who you think is getting along better and are generally happier being here, us or you?"

"I mean, I know how normal magic works, my mom's a metal nymph. I just wanted to know how sorcery felt." Crystal started.

"Sorry, that came out harsher then intended. What I mean is...... well. Sorcery is so interesting you know?"
    "You mom's a Nymph? Huh, I never would've guessed," Sophia says. "Still, I don't think there's any such thing as 'normal' magic, everyone's magic seems to be a little different. Nobody shape-shifts quite like we Genies do, while it's hard for anyone else to feel the same sort of mystic connection with nature around them that Nymphs do, or for non-Witches to replicate the kinds of potions they can do, and so on. But I've never heard anyone say any type has a specific way it feels when you do it, per se - aside from things like the whole nature connection with Nymphs where it being a feeling is part of the whole point, I guess," she ends with a shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "Okay that's really cool," Morrigan admits. "Getting to try basically anything without it throwing you off. Although I guess that means it's just as well that the real food I brought is healthier - that way whatever actually makes its way into our system isn't just more junk?" She shrugs and helps herself to some yummy snacks.
    "Oh sure. And it's always a good idea to have some real food around in case anyone wants something that'll actually be filling, too," Sophia agrees. "I definitely think for snacking at a party though the conjured stuff is great, since it lets people pig out with no consequences. I mean, since I can kind of change my body at will it doesn't make much of a difference for me personally, but all of my friends love it."
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    And it means you can try a sample platter of stuff to find out what you like! Maya grins.

"You mom's a Nymph? Huh, I never would've guessed," Sophia says. "Still, I don't think there's any such thing as 'normal' magic, everyone's magic seems to be a little different. Nobody shape-shifts quite like we Genies do, while it's hard for anyone else to feel the same sort of mystic connection with nature around them that Nymphs do, or for non-Witches to replicate the kinds of potions they can do, and so on. But I've never heard anyone say any type has a specific way it feels when you do it, per se - aside from things like the whole nature connection with Nymphs where it being a feeling is part of the whole point, I guess," she ends with a shrug.
    "Wow, way to call a bitch ugly." Crystal teases with a grin to show that she doesn't annoyed. And Crystal does seem pretty, but..... She doesn't strike you as nymph blooded either.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

And it means you can try a sample platter of stuff to find out what you like! Maya grins.
    "Yep! Just ask, and as long as it's something I've had before, I can get you some no problem," Sophia smiles.

"Wow, way to call a bitch ugly." Crystal teases with a grin to show that she doesn't annoyed. And Crystal does seem pretty, but..... She doesn't strike you as nymph blooded either.
    "Oh, no, definitely not ugly at all," Sophia replies, returning a small grin of her own. "It's just that other nymph-blooded girls I've known have all been pretty busty, and well, obviously you're not. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a little surprising."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #156

"Yep! Just ask, and as long as it's something I've had before, I can get you some no problem," Sophia smiles.

"Oh, no, definitely not ugly at all," Sophia replies, returning a small grin of her own. "It's just that other nymph-blooded girls I've known have all been pretty busty, and well, obviously you're not. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a little surprising."
    I hope I can get that good then with solid object creation. Maya grins.

"Oh, you probably saw Plant nymphs, or Earth nymphs." Crystal starts in explanation. "Metal nymphs are tall like that, but almost all of us are flat. Although I'm not supernaturally affected by my race, I still um don't have the genes for your two's chests." She comments with glances to yours and Maya's chests.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

I hope I can get that good then with solid object creation. Maya grins.
    "You might be able to - though I'm pretty sure any food you conjured wouldn't vanish after people eat it. That's kind of a Genie thing; our magic just can't do that much to other people without a wish. Not until we're freed, anyway."

"Oh, you probably saw Plant nymphs, or Earth nymphs." Crystal starts in explanation. "Metal nymphs are tall like that, but almost all of us are flat. Although I'm not supernaturally affected by my race, I still um don't have the genes for your two's chests." She comments with glances to yours and Maya's chests.
    "Oh, that makes sense. Hadn't heard of Metal Nymphs before," Sophia says. "Oh, and in my case, it's not genes," she remarks with a smirk, as her chest suddenly shrinks to be as flat as Crystal's.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, you're... She raises an eyebrow confused before realization hits her. Ohhhhh.... Why thanks~ She beams
    Yeah. I am. Anyway... are we ready to- And then madness ensues.

Well, that is certainly something, she says when the genie summons an assortment of snacks to replace what got destroyed when Morrigan had another incident. But she doesn't try any of it.

Instead she focuses on the anime.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #159

"You might be able to - though I'm pretty sure any food you conjured wouldn't vanish after people eat it. That's kind of a Genie thing; our magic just can't do that much to other people without a wish. Not until we're freed, anyway."

"Oh, that makes sense. Hadn't heard of Metal Nymphs before," Sophia says. "Oh, and in my case, it's not genes," she remarks with a smirk, as her chest suddenly shrinks to be as flat as Crystal's.
    "Oh, any chance you'll show us your true form?" Crystal grins wildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Yeah. I am. Anyway... are we ready to- And then madness ensues.

Well, that is certainly something, she says when the genie summons an assortment of snacks to replace what got destroyed when Morrigan had another incident. But she doesn't try any of it.

Instead she focuses on the anime.
    Amber is right there with you.

"Is this Lissa chick, a mob girl? Like. She has to know her family is mobsters."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, any chance you'll show us your true form?" Crystal grins wildly.
    "Uh, I don't really think I have one, honestly," Sophia answers with a shrug - her chest expanding back to the size it was perfectly in time with the shrug. "Ever since I learned basic shape-shifting magic when I was like, seven or something I think, I've always just been able to look like basically whatever I felt like. I have no idea what I'd look like if I'd just never used it. I don't think most Genies do, even. It's just kinda how our bodies work. We can pick a form that feels most true to who we are and call it our true form if we want, but I've never done that, personally. I like changing things up too much. Well, besides that I prefer being a girl to a guy, anyway, that's the one thing that stuck from before I got my shape-shifting magic."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

You would think so, but apparently as far as this story is concerned, daddy has kept his little cannoli out of the family beeswax. But I imagine it can't last.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #162

"Uh, I don't really think I have one, honestly," Sophia answers with a shrug - her chest expanding back to the size it was perfectly in time with the shrug. "Ever since I learned basic shape-shifting magic when I was like, seven or something I think, I've always just been able to look like basically whatever I felt like. I have no idea what I'd look like if I'd just never used it. I don't think most Genies do, even. It's just kinda how our bodies work. We can pick a form that feels most true to who we are and call it our true form if we want, but I've never done that, personally. I like changing things up too much. Well, besides that I prefer being a girl to a guy, anyway, that's the one thing that stuck from before I got my shape-shifting magic."
    "Can you only do humanoids, or could you animals and beasts?" Crystal asks.

You would think so, but apparently as far as this story is concerned, daddy has kept his little cannoli out of the family beeswax. But I imagine it can't last.
    "But how! She's talking with blatant mobsters. The only way they could be more obvious is if they used "Legitimate businessmen."" Amber air quotes, as Lissa uses just that line.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Floris hiked up the skirts of her full funerary gown – complete with veil – as she moved away from the party. Oh, parties were fun... or her family's ones were, anyway. But that one was just Raucous! And where were the false heads and dangling dolls hanging by their necks? She walked until she heard muffled talking behind a door. Excited to speak to people not screaming at the top of their lungs, she knocked politely on the door.
    She took a moment to smooth her dress and straighten her veil to be perfect before announcing herself formally. "Greetings! I am Floris Naretzah, pleased to be meeting all of you." And she made ready to curtsy deeply when the doors opened.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

"Can you only do humanoids, or could you animals and beasts?" Crystal asks.
    "Mostly humanoids at this point," Sophia says, sounding a little disappointed about it. "I still have trouble getting things right when I try to do anything that doesn't have two arms and two legs. Like, I can kind of manage," she says, her sentence cut off as she abruptly shrinks, her body changing into that of a monkey about half her previous size - though one noticeable lacking a tail and standing a bit more upright than natural monkeys of its kind do. After just a moment, she changes back, and says, "but even that's never quite right. Dad says it'll come as I get older and my magic keeps developing, and with practice, though."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

"But how! She's talking with blatant mobsters. The only way they could be more obvious is if they used "Legitimate businessmen."" Amber air quotes, as Lissa uses just that line.
    I don't know. But considering the formulaic plot structure thus far, I am going to say that Reiko is going to convince her about it. Som-

She stops suddenly and looks toward the door. Her hands immediately go to her deck of cards, and she starts drawing cards.

Death, The Empress, and the Seven of Wands.

Death. Death is coming for us. But... it is a woman, and she will be... a friend... How can Death be your friend?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Floris hiked up the skirts of her full funerary gown – complete with veil – as she moved away from the party. Oh, parties were fun... or her family's ones were, anyway. But that one was just Raucous! And where were the false heads and dangling dolls hanging by their necks? She walked until she heard muffled talking behind a door. Excited to speak to people not screaming at the top of their lungs, she knocked politely on the door.
    She took a moment to smooth her dress and straighten her veil to be perfect before announcing herself formally. "Greetings! I am Floris Naretzah, pleased to be meeting all of you." And she made ready to curtsy deeply when the doors opened.
    Hey! Maya beams with a wide smile. I'm Maya Brooks, and it is a pleasure to meet you. We're hanging out and watching harem anime if you care to join. She holds out a bag of chips for you to take.

"Mostly humanoids at this point," Sophia says, sounding a little disappointed about it. "I still have trouble getting things right when I try to do anything that doesn't have two arms and two legs. Like, I can kind of manage," she says, her sentence cut off as she abruptly shrinks, her body changing into that of a monkey about half her previous size - though one noticeable lacking a tail and standing a bit more upright than natural monkeys of its kind do. After just a moment, she changes back, and says, "but even that's never quite right. Dad says it'll come as I get older and my magic keeps developing, and with practice, though."
    "But aren't you pretty much in your prime now? I mean.... You don't look like an early egghead." Her gaze pans to Sophia's curves. "Though with what you were telling me, I guess you could have skipped grades and still look like you're age."

I don't know. But considering the formulaic plot structure thus far, I am going to say that Reiko is going to convince her about it. Som-

She stops suddenly and looks toward the door. Her hands immediately go to her deck of cards, and she starts drawing cards.

Death, The Empress, and the Seven of Wands.

Death. Death is coming for us. But... it is a woman, and she will be... a friend... How can Death be your friend?
    "I mean. I guess if you were suffering over a terminal illness. But none of us look sick...." Amber pans her gaze taking without note the new girl.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Floris curtsied deeply. "Charmed!" She says with a wide, excited smile under her veil. "I'd love to! What's harem anime?" She stepped inside and extended her hand, palm-down, toward Maya.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Hey! Maya beams with a wide smile. I'm Maya Brooks, and it is a pleasure to meet you. We're hanging out and watching harem anime if you care to join. She holds out a bag of chips for you to take.
    At Maya's greeting, Brooklyn turns around, and her mouth drops open. It may not have been exactly what she saw, but it matched the cards, almost perfectly.

"I mean. I guess if you were suffering over a terminal illness. But none of us look sick...." Amber pans her gaze taking without note the new girl.
    Brooklyn's cards fall down and across Amber's chest, but Brooklyn hardly notices as she is busy tapping Amber's shoulder with her hand without looking down.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #169

Floris curtsied deeply. "Charmed!" She says with a wide, excited smile under her veil. "I'd love to! What's harem anime?" She stepped inside and extended her hand, palm-down, toward Maya.
    Maya unconsciously mimics the gesture.

Oh, um. It's sort of a romantic anime. Where the main character has to choose between several potential partners. Maya explains

At Maya's greeting, Brooklyn turns around, and her mouth drops open. It may not have been exactly what she saw, but it matched the cards, almost perfectly.

Brooklyn's cards fall down and across Amber's chest, but Brooklyn hardly notices as she is busy tapping Amber's shoulder with her hand without looking down.
    "What.... What?" Amber remarks before she looks down at her chest, and sees only the Death card facing up. "That....is.... uncanny... Do your cards change, or?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Floris frowned in confusion at the reversal, but decided to go with it and kissed Maya's hand. "Oh! Okay! And these people aren't okay with all dating the main person?" She looked down at the Death card. "Oh, how beautiful!"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171

Floris frowned in confusion at the reversal, but decided to go with it and kissed Maya's hand. "Oh! Okay! And these people aren't okay with all dating the main person?" She looked down at the Death card. "Oh, how beautiful!"
    Oh, wow. She looks alot like you. Maya comments looking over your shoulder, previous train of thought discarded.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

"But aren't you pretty much in your prime now? I mean.... You don't look like an early egghead." Her gaze pans to Sophia's curves. "Though with what you were telling me, I guess you could have skipped grades and still look like you're age."
    "I could, but no, no grade skipping," Sophia says, amused at the that thought. "But, well, 'prime' for a Genie and a Human are different things, you know? Especially where our magic's concerned. I mean, we live longer than most humans, especially if we stay bound to our lamps - I don't even know if anyone knows exactly how long a Genie who never got freed would live, actually. I don't think those old stories of 'Genies of the lamp' being locked away in caves in the middle east somewhere for centuries came from nowhere, after all, even if nobody's sure exactly what parts are true and what aren't. It's just none of us want to stay bound forever anyway. But that's not even the point in this case; as far as our magic goes, from what Dad's told me our magic keeps developing up until we hit like, fifty, or until we're freed, whichever happens first. We just can't use most of it for anything but wishes until we're freed, and we lose a lot of the really strong stuff when that happens."

"Basically, it's complicated, but most of the time, older Genie means stronger magic, bound Genie means stronger magic, and freed Genie means weaker magic that never gets stronger but we can use more of it for ourselves,"
    she finished.

Her attention was then drawn by Maya... opening the door for someone they'd never seen before. And inviting her in. Uh, okay, they might need to have a talk about that later, but so far at least, this girl seemed harmless.

"Nah, wouldn't be much of a story if everyone was just poly, right? The characters have got to fight for the main person's affections, that's what makes it fun." Sophia answers the new girl's question as she steps over to greet her. "Hi, I'm Sophia, snack vendor for the night. You look like someone who likes Halloween treats, am I right?" She snaps her fingers and a plate of Halloween-themed sugar cookies and candy corn appears in her hands.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

"Is that what you call Hallow's Eve?" Floris picked up a bat, looking at it curiously. "These are quite lovely! Thank you ever so much" She held the cookie, but did not eat it. Instead she looked deeply into Sophia's eyes. "You are beautiful," she said happily. Then looked around for a place to sit and join in the harem party.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

"I could, but no, no grade skipping," Sophia says, amused at the that thought. "But, well, 'prime' for a Genie and a Human are different things, you know? Especially where our magic's concerned. I mean, we live longer than most humans, especially if we stay bound to our lamps - I don't even know if anyone knows exactly how long a Genie who never got freed would live, actually. I don't think those old stories of 'Genies of the lamp' being locked away in caves in the middle east somewhere for centuries came from nowhere, after all, even if nobody's sure exactly what parts are true and what aren't. It's just none of us want to stay bound forever anyway. But that's not even the point in this case; as far as our magic goes, from what Dad's told me our magic keeps developing up until we hit like, fifty, or until we're freed, whichever happens first. We just can't use most of it for anything but wishes until we're freed, and we lose a lot of the really strong stuff when that happens."

"Basically, it's complicated, but most of the time, older Genie means stronger magic, bound Genie means stronger magic, and freed Genie means weaker magic that never gets stronger but we can use more of it for ourselves,"
    she finished.

Her attention was then drawn by Maya... opening the door for someone they'd never seen before. And inviting her in. Uh, okay, they might need to have a talk about that later, but so far at least, this girl seemed harmless.
    "I suppose..... I wonder how genieism interacts with vamprism...." Crystal muses outloud. "Like I know human children vamp, continue to age until their prime.....Would your magic continue to increase?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Morrigan returns from the restroom in a fresh set of clothes. "Oh, a new arrival! Hi, I'm Morrigan. Morrigan Murphy." She offers a handshake and a smile.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

"Is that what you call Hallow's Eve?" Floris picked up a bat, looking at it curiously. "These are quite lovely! Thank you ever so much" She held the cookie, but did not eat it. Instead she looked deeply into Sophia's eyes. "You are beautiful," she said happily. Then looked around for a place to sit and join in the harem party.
    Sophia blinked in surprise, a blush briefly appearing on her face. "Oh, uh, thank you," she said with a smile. She wasn't normally so easy to flatter, but something about how unexpected and direct the compliment had been got to her.

"I suppose..... I wonder how genieism interacts with vamprism...." Crystal muses outloud. "Like I know human children vamp, continue to age until their prime.....Would your magic continue to increase?"
    "I... have no idea," Sophia replies. "Can Genies even becomes vampires? I've never heard of one... but we're pretty rare to begin with, so I guess that doesn't mean much, does it?" She shrugs in uncertainty.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Floris looked at the offered hand. So many people doing this the other way around today, she thought, taking Morrigan's hand and kissing it on the knuckle. "Floris Naretzah. Morrigan, hm? That's a lovely name; lovely goddess."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know what you are talking about, she holds up the Death card and looks at it. Still the same old grim reaper that it had when she first picked up these cards, all those years ago...

Even the Empress is looking fairly shabby these days... Maybe it is time for a new deck after all....

But would they be the same? Would my gift still work with new cards?

She shuffles the cards back into the oh so familiar deck, and she feels the rough edges of the cards. How they fray, how they still fit together perfectly.... She could never replace these... Could she?

She tips her chin up toward the newcomer in greeting. Brooklyn. Hi. Majesty. Or whatever. Royalty of some kind, right? Empress doesn't come up for a lot of people, not when I get that feeling...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Floris shook her head gently but a bit too quickly for what she was going for. "Royalty? No, no. There is no one alive or dead beholden to me, and I am beholden to no one alive." She looked into Brooklyn's eyes happily. "None of us really serve anything, except death. When the aberration of life is done we all return to the earth, royal or not. Your eyes are mesmerizing, Brooklyn!"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

So that's why you're going for the 'Queen of the Undead' vibe then?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!