New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The once and future Harem

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "Sterling. Sophia Sterling," Sophia introduced herself, briefly changing her outfit to a James Bond-esque suit and conjuring a small martini to swirl in one hand, before immediately switching her clothes back and letting the drink vanish. "Not a fan of being the center of attention I take it?"
    "More, it's alot more then I was expected. Especially when someone takes a form like that~" Jasmine smiles eyes wandering over her curves, as Sarah walks over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Brooklyn stamps her cigarette out in the ashtray. Over the course of the fortunes, she has gone through several of them. And then Maya is standing in front of her. Blowing out the smoke from the last drag, Brooklyn gestures to the seat in front of her as she starts shuffling her tarot cards.

So. Madam Sorceress, the new queen of the campus, and holder of hearts desires, Brooklyn says with a smile and a teasing lilt.

What will it be? Fortune, Romance, Other (please specify). People nearby would swear they could hear the parentheses, even though Brooklyn didn't say the word or use gestures to imply it.
    "I'm thinking, what does my future hold." Maya grins. (Roll me a skill check DC 5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "More, it's alot more then I was expected. Especially when someone takes a form like that~" Jasmine smiles eyes wandering over her curves, as Sarah walks over.
    "I was kinda expecting that to turn a few more heads than it did, true," Sophia admitted with a shrug. "But it served its main purpose. Enjoyed the show, Sarah?" she asked, throwing one arm over her friend's shoulder as she approached without even needing to look at exactly where she was.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn shuffles the cards. Then she lays them out. Three cards, each of them face down.

She turns the first card over, revealing the inverted King of Swords. The problem. You cannot seem to find an inner truth.

She flips the middle card. The Two of Pentacles. Time is your enemy, never enough to find the answer you seek.

The final card. Brooklyn reaches for it. She flips it over revealing Death. Only a fundamental change will bring you the answer.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2021-05-16 at 08:55 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Floris lost interest in fortunes that vague. She curtsied deeply to Sophia as she passed by, trying very hard not to look embarrassed to see... so much of her, and finally went to class.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #245

"I was kinda expecting that to turn a few more heads than it did, true," Sophia admitted with a shrug. "But it served its main purpose. Enjoyed the show, Sarah?" she asked, throwing one arm over her friend's shoulder as she approached without even needing to look at exactly where she was.
    "You're a tease you know that right~" She grins leaning up to peck your cheek as Jasmine averts her eyes.

Brooklyn shuffles the cards. Then she lays them out. Three cards, each of them face down.

She turns the first card over, revealing the inverted King of Swords. The problem. You cannot seem to find an inner truth.

She flips the middle card. The Two of Pentacles. Time is your enemy, never enough to find the answer you seek.

The final card. Brooklyn reaches for it. She flips it over revealing Death. Only a fundamental change will bring you the answer.
    So..... I'll only find out what I seek if I let a vampire vamp me? Maya struggles to process.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

No. This... this isn't right...

She flips the next card over. The Wheel. The next card. Inverted tower. The next card, Inverted three of Pentacles.

My sight.... something is coming for me. It will take my Sight. It will destroy me to my core.

She flips the next card. Inverted Ten of Swords. I will be remade. Different.

The next card. The Six of Cups. And it will be in the place I was shaped.

Tears sprang from Brooklyn, but you don't know why.

I don't.... I don't want to go back.... I don't... What's coming.... no...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #247

No. This... this isn't right...

She flips the next card over. The Wheel. The next card. Inverted tower. The next card, Inverted three of Pentacles.

My sight.... something is coming for me. It will take my Sight. It will destroy me to my core.

She flips the next card. Inverted Ten of Swords. I will be remade. Different.

The next card. The Six of Cups. And it will be in the place I was shaped.

Tears sprang from Brooklyn, but you don't know why.

I don't.... I don't want to go back.... I don't... What's coming.... no...
    Hun, hun, what's wrong? Maya asks moving to hug Brooklyn

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

"You're a tease you know that right~" She grins leaning up to peck your cheek as Jasmine averts her eyes.
    "Only when I want to be," Sophia responds to Sarah, not batting an eye at the peck on the cheek. "It just so happens that I usually want to be when you're showing off for your new friends. Keeps things fun for everyone."

Seeing Jasmine look away, she says to her, "Oh, we're not a couple or anything, just old friends," she explained.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

They- they're coming for me. I shouldn't have stopped...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #250

"Only when I want to be," Sophia responds to Sarah, not batting an eye at the peck on the cheek. "It just so happens that I usually want to be when you're showing off for your new friends. Keeps things fun for everyone."

Seeing Jasmine look away, she says to her, "Oh, we're not a couple or anything, just old friends," she explained.
    "Not friends with benefits, right?" Jasmine asks shyly.

They- they're coming for me. I shouldn't have stopped...
    Don't worry. I'll protect you! Mary assures her.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

I-I don't think you can. You aren't a part of the Seeing, and my Sight has never been wrong.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

"Not friends with benefits, right?" Jasmine asks shyly.
    "Oh, no, I've never been the type for that," Sophia says. Although she had been thinking she might want to loosen up a bit during college - it was the time to experiment, after all. But a new acquaintance who seemed a bit shy did not seem like the person to talk to about that. "And... well, I did date one of my old friends once, and that didn't turn out so well. So I'm strictly platonic with the ones I've got left. No matter how good I am at turning some of them on," she remarks teasingly at Sarah.

13. - Top - End - #253

I-I don't think you can. You aren't a part of the Seeing, and my Sight has never been wrong.
    Well then I'll still try. We'll challenge fate together!

"Oh, no, I've never been the type for that," Sophia says. Although she had been thinking she might want to loosen up a bit during college - it was the time to experiment, after all. But a new acquaintance who seemed a bit shy did not seem like the person to talk to about that. "And... well, I did date one of my old friends once, and that didn't turn out so well. So I'm strictly platonic with the ones I've got left. No matter how good I am at turning some of them on," she remarks teasingly at Sarah.
    Jasmine relaxes at that. "So what's your major? I'm here for magical theory."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

No! Brooklyn slams her hands onto the table as she stands up. She leans over the table to put her face closer to Maya. Which has the added effect of allowing Maya unfettered access to see what has, until now, been concealed by her uniform jacket and shirt.

You have to take care of yourself. You can't let them get to you! They want as many people as they can, to twist us to their ends!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #255

No! Brooklyn slams her hands onto the table as she stands up. She leans over the table to put her face closer to Maya. Which has the added effect of allowing Maya unfettered access to see what has, until now, been concealed by her uniform jacket and shirt.

You have to take care of yourself. You can't let them get to you! They want as many people as they can, to twist us to their ends!
    Brooklyn Maya says after checking her out quickly. I appreciate your concern, but I can handle myself. She says soothingly.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know what is going to happen. I have not seen that. But they will get me. I have seen that, and it will happen with or without you intervening. I do not want you to get hurt. Your face is far too cute to risk disfigurement.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #257

I don't know what is going to happen. I have not seen that. But they will get me. I have seen that, and it will happen with or without you intervening. I do not want you to get hurt. Your face is far too cute to risk disfigurement.
    I can't imagine, unless whoever is out to get you is a powerful sorcerer that they can cause me more harm then Thenkoian plasma weaponry. Maya points out.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

You would be surprised. Especially considering that they are doing it in His name. And that is why I need you to stay out of it. I don't want to see you getting hurt, or worse, changed, because of this.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2021-05-17 at 08:36 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #259

You would be surprised. Especially considering that they are doing it in His name. And that is why I need you to stay out of it. I don't want to see you getting hurt, or worse, changed, because of this.
    Changed how? Maya asks concerned.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Jasmine relaxes at that. "So what's your major? I'm here for magical theory."
    "Musical theater," Sophia says with a smile. "I'm looking to be a performer, and I'm not half bad at singing, so seems like a good place to start."
    Last edited by Zevox; 2021-05-17 at 04:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Changed how? Maya asks concerned.
    The laugh is hollow. Combined with the tears, you can’t be sure if she is hysterical or not.

Its ironic that in their pursuit for zealots, that in order to make our souls pure, they kill the spark within us that speaks to the existence of the truly divine.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #262

"Musical theater," Sophia says with a smile. "I'm looking to be a performer, and I'm not half bad at singing, so seems like a good place to start."
    "Oh, I hear any art program burns through it's student quickly." Jasmine comments.

"Any idea how true that is?"

The laugh is hollow. Combined with the tears, you can’t be sure if she is hysterical or not.

Its ironic that in their pursuit for zealots, that in order to make our souls pure, they kill the spark within us that speaks to the existence of the truly divine.
    Are.....are you okay? Maya asks holding your face concerned.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn looked at her cards. She looked at the array in front of her, and saw in her mind what it meant.

She picked up the deck, and turned over the next card. Which was blank.

I-I.... she wiped at the tears running down her face.

I don't know.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I hear any art program burns through it's student quickly." Jasmine comments.

"Any idea how true that is?"
    "Not a clue," Sophia said with a shrug. "Going to be hard to burn me out though, my parents are both entertainers. It's in my blood!" she said proudly.

"Guess we'll see how long our classmates stick around, eh Sarah?" she remarked to her friend, who, as an aspiring actress, was in the school's drama program.

25. - Top - End - #265

Brooklyn looked at her cards. She looked at the array in front of her, and saw in her mind what it meant.

She picked up the deck, and turned over the next card. Which was blank.

I-I.... she wiped at the tears running down her face.

I don't know.
    Let me help, please. Maya implores.

"Not a clue," Sophia said with a shrug. "Going to be hard to burn me out though, my parents are both entertainers. It's in my blood!" she said proudly.

"Guess we'll see how long our classmates stick around, eh Sarah?" she remarked to her friend, who, as an aspiring actress, was in the school's drama program.
    "Oh, that's neat! What movies are they in?" Jasmine speaks up over Sarah.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Brooklyn stood up. She picked up her cards, and shuffled them back together.

Just... Just let me go for a bit... I need to... I need...

She picked up her other things, her cigarettes and her lighter, but her hand was shaking as she tried to light one as she started to step away from the table.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, that's neat! What movies are they in?" Jasmine speaks up over Sarah.
    "Oh, they're not actors," Sophia clarifies. "By entertainers I mean my dad does a magic-slash-variety show - you know, Genie, he's kind of good at that - and my mom does online videos where she does cover versions of rock and metal songs. You may or may not have heard of them: dad's show is called Sterling the Amazing, and my mom goes by The Rock Witch? I mean, dad's more big near home than he is famous nationally, so maybe not in his case, but I can never tell who might've heard of mom."

28. - Top - End - #268

Brooklyn stood up. She picked up her cards, and shuffled them back together.

Just... Just let me go for a bit... I need to... I need...

She picked up her other things, her cigarettes and her lighter, but her hand was shaking as she tried to light one as she started to step away from the table.
    Maya lets you go, keeping an eye on you nervously.

"Oh, they're not actors," Sophia clarifies. "By entertainers I mean my dad does a magic-slash-variety show - you know, Genie, he's kind of good at that - and my mom does online videos where she does cover versions of rock and metal songs. You may or may not have heard of them: dad's show is called Sterling the Amazing, and my mom goes by The Rock Witch? I mean, dad's more big near home than he is famous nationally, so maybe not in his case, but I can never tell who might've heard of mom."
    "If your mom does earth magic, then why do you do use wind magic?" Some guy pipes up walking over, to which Jasmine and Sarah look at him like he's a dummy.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

"If your mom does earth magic, then why do you do use wind magic?" Some guy pipes up walking over, to which Jasmine and Sarah look at him like he's a dummy.
    Without even looking at the guy, Sophia sighs and replies, "That joke wasn't funny the first time I heard it, and it hasn't gotten better with age."

30. - Top - End - #270

Episode 1 Scene 7

You finally manage to catch a break from morning classes, it's a bright sunny august noon. The temperature is a mid 80's, and Maya is coming back from filling the water tanks of the school.

She is walking with someone who seems to be in admin, as the sound of a crane, taking the main body of the water tower beeps.

Hasn't anyone ever heard of quick showers? Like yes, I've got the magic to keep doing this, but I keep needing to refresh it every hour cause you don't have the storage to hold more. You're lucky I don't bother with a full night sleep practically ever, and I'm pretty sure I woke up my roommate at least once last night.

That's when you see Ms.Shawels go up to Maya, but instead of complete fear on her face, it's more like 90% fear.

"Um. Miss.Maya.... I want you to know, that I took your genie friend's advice to um. Visit the school shrink. And she said the first step to conquer my fear was to.... um evaluate it rationally, and that maybe if you haven't broken anything, I shouldn't assume that you are about to.... So um..... while it's going to take some time.... I'd like...... I'm going to conquer my fear."

That's when the crane operator passes out on the wheel, and the crane does a harsh spin that tips it over sending it and the large object of metal toppling towards oh no! Morrigan, and possibly the shortest gal you've seen since you got here.

And instead of them splatting under the crane, or the body of the water tower the short blonde lets out a shriek of terror, before her eyes glow brightly.

Oh crap! Everyone get down now! Maya shouts out to the courtyard-picnic area, as Ms.Shawels starts shouting. "No....no.... I can't do this again!"

As soon as the crane touches the now standing blonde's fingers it completely stops it's forward momentum, she lets out an adrenaline filled shout as she lifts the crane off the ground effortlessly.

No don't! Maya shouts out, as she bolts at super human speed, before the blonde can throw the crane in sheer sorcerous reflex, Maya grabs the other end, stomps her foot and a massive earthen wall forms to brace her.

"Morrigan, everyone get out of here!" you hear the crane twist and what sounds like ripped metal, before the blonde seems to shoulder check, through the stone wall as Ms.Shawels falls into fetal style.

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Skill =You already memorized the clearest escape routes. +3 VP with Maya

Conflict =Someone (Possibly Ms.Shawels, possibly someone else.) is having a breakdown. Physically move them. +3 VP with Maya

Luck =Someone else, helps you. +3 VP with Maya.

Ties mean all players involved in the tie, win VP.