New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Does This Mutation Make Me Look Fat? Let's Play Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

Maybe he's just impatient. After waiting for like ten million years in the void, he's willing to jump the gun a little. Or he's arrogant, cause you know ancient immortal void god - what could one puny Nerazim do to stop his plans? Or like you said he just overlooks Zeratul's presence entirely, since he isn't actually omniscient.

I'll have to play the game again to see if Amon actually gets any characterization besides mustache-twirling gloating when he possesses people, but if not, that might be a point I can work with to build a bit of canon+.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Does This Mutation Make Me Look Fat? Let's Play Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

Honestly, it took a LOT of plot armor for amon to lose. First zeratul had to be there to save artanis when he by all rights should have been dragged down and slaughtered before he got to him, let alone freeing him before dying heroically. Then artanis had to find a magic ship that had an infinite colony of protoss warriors in stasis inside it he could freely sever from the kala before waking up. Then, despite being only a single ship, amon had to continue fighting for objectives one planet at a time instead of say, wiping out the whole robo protoss ship, silencing the opposition with the evil protoss, and stealing the xelnaga artifact from the terrans all at the same time. I mean, he had the brainwashed protoss, the evil loyal protoss, the zerg, and his hybrid forces to call on yet he was oddly focused on single steps when he should have been taking multiple at once.

Maybe you could work with that? His plan has been in motion for thousands of years, the dude tends to plod, and thats fine when literally nobody knows you are playing against them, but once he faced organized opposition, he couldnt adapt and move quickly enough to maintain his lead. Instead of stretching the protoss resources too far to be effective, he allowed artanis to mass his strength at a single point over and over again making each objective a battle rather than a distraction while he nabbed two others.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #483

Okay, so fleshing out Amon's plans a bit is definitely on the table. Considering he consistently refers to the Infinite Cycle as 'corrupt', he might even think of himself as the hero in all this, which could be workable.

Regarding the Zeratul missions: while I can and probably will do it with an Ihan crystal again, I'll probably do it in proper order prior to Aiur 1. Zeratul goes give the crystal to Nora at the start of the invasion after he fails to convince Artanis to abort the attack, intending her to be a messenger back to Raynor and the Dominion. This sticks to canon most closely, both in mission order and storyline.

As far as the Spear of Adun, I'm going to have to just bite the bullet on that one and accept that burying a 75-kilometer long spaceship beneath the surface of your planet is not an absurdly dumb way to hide it, let alone that it was conveniently the only one to survive the original Zerg invasion. Launching something that big feels like it'd be an extinction event in and of itself, but that's probably just me.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2021-08-01 at 07:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Maybe he's just impatient. After waiting for like ten million years in the void, he's willing to jump the gun a little. Or he's arrogant, cause you know ancient immortal void god - what could one puny Nerazim do to stop his plans? Or like you said he just overlooks Zeratul's presence entirely, since he isn't actually omniscient.

I'll have to play the game again to see if Amon actually gets any characterization besides mustache-twirling gloating when he possesses people, but if not, that might be a point I can work with to build a bit of canon+.
    Oh I'm not saying his flaw is unreasonable... just that it's a flaw.

Okay, so fleshing out Amon's plans a bit is definitely on the table. Considering he consistently refers to the Infinite Cycle as 'corrupt', he might even think of himself as the hero in all this, which could be workable.
    Blizzard loves their "burn down the corrupt system in favor of something I think is better but people who care about free will would hate" villains. Amon, Zovaal, Malthael, and Sargeras all fall into this category.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Oh I'm not saying his flaw is unreasonable... just that it's a flaw.

Blizzard loves their "burn down the corrupt system in favor of something I think is better but people who care about free will would hate" villains. Amon, Zovaal, Malthael, and Sargeras all fall into this category.
    Add Mengsk to that list too, now that you point it out. You're right, they do kind of have a pattern.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Honestly, it took a LOT of plot armor for amon to lose. First zeratul had to be there to save artanis when he by all rights should have been dragged down and slaughtered before he got to him, let alone freeing him before dying heroically. Then artanis had to find a magic ship that had an infinite colony of protoss warriors in stasis inside it he could freely sever from the kala before waking up. Then, despite being only a single ship, amon had to continue fighting for objectives one planet at a time instead of say, wiping out the whole robo protoss ship, silencing the opposition with the evil protoss, and stealing the xelnaga artifact from the terrans all at the same time. I mean, he had the brainwashed protoss, the evil loyal protoss, the zerg, and his hybrid forces to call on yet he was oddly focused on single steps when he should have been taking multiple at once.

Maybe you could work with that? His plan has been in motion for thousands of years, the dude tends to plod, and thats fine when literally nobody knows you are playing against them, but once he faced organized opposition, he couldnt adapt and move quickly enough to maintain his lead. Instead of stretching the protoss resources too far to be effective, he allowed artanis to mass his strength at a single point over and over again making each objective a battle rather than a distraction while he nabbed two others.
    Spoiler: LoV
    Show
    Theoretically, Amon's attacks on Shakuras and Korhal happen near-simultaneously. The exact order is dependent on the player, naturally, but Amon doesnt just sit on his butt the whole time. He cant attack the Spear of Adun because it can just leave and go wherever in empty space it feels like, and Amon cant track it. But beyond that, lots of dialogue indicates that Amon is just A-moving across the sector, killing everything in his path with the Golden Armada.

As far as the Spear of Adun, I'm going to have to just bite the bullet on that one and accept that burying a 75-kilometer long spaceship beneath the surface of your planet is not an absurdly dumb way to hide it, let alone that it was conveniently the only one to survive the original Zerg invasion. Launching something that big feels like it'd be an extinction event in and of itself, but that's probably just me.
    The Spear of Adun isnt hidden at all, its just not turned on. The protoss had their capital built around that one, which is why the zerg didnt get it (Presumably Tassadar refrained from destroying it on purpose when he killed the Conclave)
    Last edited by Keltest; 2021-08-01 at 10:34 PM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

7. - Top - End - #487

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Spoiler: LoV
    Show
    Theoretically, Amon's attacks on Shakuras and Korhal happen near-simultaneously. The exact order is dependent on the player, naturally, but Amon doesnt just sit on his butt the whole time. He cant attack the Spear of Adun because it can just leave and go wherever in empty space it feels like, and Amon cant track it. But beyond that, lots of dialogue indicates that Amon is just A-moving across the sector, killing everything in his path with the Golden Armada.

Spoiler
    Show

It's also stated plainly by Raynor that Moebius Corps is attacking planets all over the place and killing everyone they meet.

The Spear of Adun isnt hidden at all, its just not turned on. The protoss had their capital built around that one, which is why the zerg didnt get it (Presumably Tassadar refrained from destroying it on purpose when he killed the Conclave)
    Fair enough. Artanis certainly knows where it is without much effort. I think I was overestimating its size as well - 15km wide and 75km long is larger than the Chixclub asteroid, but the important detail is that it is going up and not down. We're not ripping Australia off the face of the Earth here.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2021-08-01 at 11:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

It's also stated plainly by Raynor that Moebius Corps is attacking planets all over the place and killing everyone they meet.

Fair enough. Artanis certainly knows where it is without much effort. I think I was overestimating its size as well - 15km wide and 75km long is larger than the Chixclub asteroid, but the important detail is that it is going up and not down. We're not ripping Australia off the face of the Earth here.
    If you look at the model, its also a lot of empty space in there, and is cone shaped. Its also hollow. It probably did unusual things to the surrounding terrain having that structure there to house it, but the protoss are pretty good at telling physics to sit down and shut up.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2021-08-02 at 07:40 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

9. - Top - End - #489

On the other hand,after seeing the launch cinematic they apparently stored the thing vertically, and 75km long would be enough to punch through Earth's entire crust and into the mantle. Definitely gotta chock this one up to Golden Age Protoss abusing physics, cause otherwise the supervolcano created by the hole that left behind after launch would be apocalyptic.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

On the other hand,after seeing the launch cinematic they apparently stored the thing vertically, and 75km long would be enough to punch through Earth's entire crust and into the mantle. Definitely gotta chock this one up to Golden Age Protoss abusing physics, cause otherwise the supervolcano created by the hole that left behind after launch would be apocalyptic.
    In fairness, the source for that particular number is called into question within itself, in-universe. If you actually look at the cinematic models, Battlecruisers (which are 1 KM or less long) arent really 1/75th the length of the SoA either. While its entirely plausible its a case of writers not being able to do numbers, its just as likely that its wrong on purpose because of how little contact the Dominion has with the protoss.

11. - Top - End - #491

In fairness, the source for that particular number is called into question within itself, in-universe. If you actually look at the cinematic models, Battlecruisers (which are 1 KM or less long) arent really 1/75th the length of the SoA either. While its entirely plausible its a case of writers not being able to do numbers, its just as likely that its wrong on purpose because of how little contact the Dominion has with the protoss.
    Good enough for me. It would be awkward writing a Return To Aiur where half the planet was engulfed in lava flows and beginning an ice age.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Good enough for me. It would be awkward writing a Return To Aiur where half the planet was engulfed in lava flows and beginning an ice age.
    LoV is the only campaign in any of the games that doesnt have at least one mission on a lava planet. And it should stay that way.

Oh, wait, Rebel Yell doesnt as well. What an odd distinction.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2021-08-02 at 11:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Spamalot in the Playground

LoV is the only campaign in any of the games that doesnt have at least one mission on a lava planet. And it should stay that way.

Oh, wait, Rebel Yell doesnt as well. What an odd distinction.
    I may be misremembering but I don't think any of Nova's DLC campaign missions happen on a lava planet either. The vast majority of those are urban environments save the ice planet and the one Alarak sends her to for Terrazine. (A planet which, I think, is the same one Miner Evacuation takes place on.)

If you look at the model, its also a lot of empty space in there, and is cone shaped. Its also hollow. It probably did unusual things to the surrounding terrain having that structure there to house it, but the protoss are pretty good at telling physics to sit down and shut up.
    Yeah they do a lot of time manipulation stuff. And the Xel'naga arguably do even more. If it weren't for the good ones leaving prophecy breadcrumbs I suspect we'd have been completely steamrolled by Amon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

14. - Top - End - #494

Rebel Yell doesn't have any Jungle tile maps either. Its all Badlands, Space Platform, and one Installation.

15. - Top - End - #495

Spoiler: Update 18: In Which There Is Reckoning and Reconciliation
    Show

There was nothing left to do in preparation, with the massed forces of the Swarm seething against every gateway leading into the Imperial Sector of Augustgrad. So naturally, this was when Prince Valerian decided to call up Sarah again.

“You'd better have gotten all the innocent people out of that city by now, Valerian. I can't wait any longer before going in after Arcturus.”

“All the civilians have been evacuated – but I'd like to ask one final favor of you.”

Valerian had put an odd emphasis into his response to Sarah's query, and I knew she picked up on it too from the suspicious glare he got in return.

“My father has massed every last one of the Royal Guard and the Dominion's most elite formations around his palace. But only their top echelons of leadership were ever complicit in his crimes; most of those men and women are doing nothing but following the oaths they swore to the throne. And with all the troops the Emperor has already thrown away, I'll need them to form the core of my new army.”

“Every last one of those soldiers will be choose to throw their lives away to slow me down, Valerian. Are you asking me to go easy on them while they're slaughtering my forces?”

He swallowed, looking almost queasy for a moment.

“No...I'm asking you to take that choice away from them. My reports tell me you can implant neural parasites in people, that control them without fully infesting the host. Take captives of my father's troops where you can instead of just killing them all.”

“Bringing infestors to this fight will limit what I can deploy offensively. If you want me to take control of the Royal Guard, I will, but they won't be treated as prisoners. I'll be using them to fight, and they'll be in the front lines to protect my own armies.”

“So be it. I can at least trust you won't order them into unsupported suicide charges. They're soldiers and warriors, not toys and books to be thrown away out of spite. If they die, it'll be for the future of the Dominion, and if they live, medics are cheaper than funerals.”

I just hoped Valerian was planning on covering their therapy bills as well. That was a seriously cold-blooded thing to ask – maybe the Crown Prince had inherited more of his father's attitude than he let on most of the time. I could practically feel Sarah's irritation flooding off her in waves, at the idea of reorganizing her entire battle plan literally minutes before launching the assault. But she agreed anyways.

Seeing the massed forces of the Guard arrayed around the palace, I couldn't help but wonder if she had been wrong to accept Valerian's request. He'd already made her job harder once by slowing the attack down, now she had to fight with one hand behind her back as well.

Against that power, the paltry arrangement of troops she had brought into the city with her looked incredibly frail. She was powerful, but even Sarah couldn't single-handedly fight her way through the city alone.

As it turned out, though, she wasn't alone anyways. Without any warning, the Hyperion dropped down out of orbit to strafe a nearby Dominion outpost into rubble, before landing and deploying SCV's of its own. Raynor and his Raiders were here, much to Sarah's surprise and delight, and they'd do an excellent job of anchoring her flank.

They'd also make spoiling attacks against Mengsk's defenses from time to time. Nothing serious, especially compared to what they were facing, but it must have been annoying the Emperor to no end.

He got annoyed enough, at least, to send Sky Fury's elite vikings after Raynor en masse. But Sarah had gotten there first with her infestors, turning half of the squadron against each other. Only a handful of Night Wolf banshees were left when the shrapnel finished falling, but the Hyperion was untouched.

When that didn't work, he called in the battlecruisers of Alpha Squadron, backed up by the elite siege tanks of the First Shock Division. If anything, this was even easier to counteract, adding a set of tanks and battlecruisers to Sarah's impromptu army.

As if in retaliation for the attack, Sarah ducked out from behind her lines long enough to nuke the closest base and deny the Guard a close staging point.

Utterly furious by now, the Emperor sent in a whole mess of Warhounds and Goliaths, but backing them up was a nightmare I never thought I'd see again – the Odin.

Raynor thought he was done for, but Sarah wasn't willing to abandon him and she sent everything. The Goliath escorts were turned against their champion, and with a pair of Torrasques all but bodily pinning the Odin in place it couldn't maneuver well enough to unleash its full arsenal.

Out on the right flank, Zagara was trying to bring in more of the Swarm to help, but she was being stymied by a chokepoint walled off by bunkers.

Nuking them solved the problem nicely, and Zagara's swarm flooded in through the breach. That would put more pressure on the Emperor's forces without diverting Sarah's attention.

Back on the left, the Raiders were moving out to launch another attack, and this time Sarah's army went with them.

Human and Zerg fought side by side through the army of thralls, desperately clawing their way closer to the malevolent black-and-orange crystal that pulsed waves of ruinous Void energy...

Wait, what the hell? For a moment, it was like I was looking at a different Augustgrad, one that was older and more blasted with rubble. But the image was gone as quickly as it appeared, letting me see through the parasite-link properly again.

Back in the real world, Sarah's infestors were invaluable in disabling the Guard's heavy ordnance that kept the Raiders from advancing.

Zagara was having similar troubles on her front, the relatively light troops in her swarm held at bay by a pair of super-heavy Blackhammer mechs holding the intersection.

Sorry, I meant her swarm was being led by a pair of super-heavy Blackhammer mechs drawing fire while Zerglings and Banelings swept forward around their feet.

The mechs were good for more than just support, though. Making good on her promise, Sarah brought in the siege tanks captured earlier to back them up, and pushed forward into the Guard's next defensive line.

Behind that, though, was an infantry bastion, packed to the gills with Ghosts and enough Reapers to give even a group of Thors trouble.

Unfortunately for them, Sarah had accumulated quite a number of stolen battlecruisers by now, and Reapers couldn't shoot up. At least, they couldn't without upgraded jetpacks, and what sort of lunatic would give Reapers the ability to fly?

With the bastion's defenses obliterated, Dehaka was free to march his Primal Zerg into the city as well, joining Zagara's brood in raiding the Dominion lines.

A quick hop over to the western walls did the same for another camp that was holding off Stukov and his infested troopers.

With little left to the Emperor besides the central plaza of the palace itself, it seemed Sarah wasn't above a bit of petty vandalism. One of her stolen Blackhammers set about demolishing every statue of Mengsk it could find.

The rest of her hijacked troops were milling around on Presentation Street, jostling each other here and there without any apparent hostile intent. I had to switch views a few times before I figured out what was going on, and promptly bust a gut laughing. She'd taken her captured Royal Guards and lined them up to march in a military-style parade formation, right down the street in direct view of the Emperor's throne room atop the palace. He'd be able to see the whole thing, complete with a perfect view of the squirming parasites attached to each of them.

The moment of levity was all too brief, though – after staging her mock military parade, Sarah abandoned any subtlety she had left and just massed everything into one huge armored mob, a Swarm of metal and guns but no less devastating than the one made of meat she had parked outside the gates.

Raynor's Raiders were there all the way, slashing in from the left and drawing the attention of the surviving Guards for one fatal moment.

With Sarah in the lead, the armada annihilated the remaining fixed defenses, leveling everything outside the main gates of the Imperial Palace itself.

Sarah nuked them open just because she could. Neosteel plates even thicker than the ones that had been protecting the Moros, and they melted to slag in the blink of an eye.

“This is it. Arcturus is surrounded, trapped. There's nowhere he can go, but he hasn't even tried to run or bargain through this whole thing. That means he still thinks he can win, that he still has a trump card left to play. And I think I know what it is – the one thing we haven't seen, and we've all been wondering where it went.”

“You speak of the Xel'naga artifact. The Terrans retrieved it from Char after it was used to devastate the Swarm and it disappeared.”

“Yes. At this range, and with the changes I've gone through, who knows what it will do? It might cripple me, or turn me human again.”

“Or perhaps it might kill you, once and for all.” Stukov sounded wistful at the thought, almost envious.

“Or it could undo what was done, and restore you as the true Queen of Blades!” Zagara, in contrast, sounded eager at the thought of having her old psycho boss back.

Unsurprisingly, it was the last thing that seemed to unsettle Sarah the most.

“I can't take any of you in with me, not if he's going to unleash the artifact again. And he'll be planning on me being alone.” She paused, then turned away from the palace towards where the Hyperion was still docked. “Hold the gates until I return. I need to go see someone about keeping a promise he made me, long ago.”

I was able to watch everything from the skies, borrowing an Overlord's eyes to see through the huge armorglass window-panes around the throne room. Sarah tore open the doors, walking in like she didn't have a care or concern in the world. She was right about the artifact being the Emperor's secret weapon, and I could almost feel her pain as it wracked her with paralyzing lightning. She made it look worse than it was, though, writhing and twitching and screaming in apparent agony while Mengsk gloated inaudibly behind the glass. If he had turned the thing up to max, it probably would have killed her, but her theatrical suffering tempted him to draw it out. He was entirely focused on making Sarah suffer, to the point where Raynor in his power armor was able to sneak up on him entirely unnoticed. Whatever device had controlled the artifact stopped working, leaving Sarah free to blow Mengsk apart with enough power to shatter the windows and walls on that entire side of the room.

A few more words were exchanged between her and Raynor, before she flew back up to the Leviathan and landed in the bay near me.

“It's time for you to go, Nora. I'm going to find Amon, and kill him or die trying. The parasite will die off harmlessly, and you can have a medic remove it. It's a small thing compared to everything I've done to you, and all you've done for me anyways, but it's all I can give.”

As much as I was ecstatic at the thought of getting back to a normal life, if she thought she owed me something...a thought jumped into my head.

“Actually...it should take at least a few hours to withdraw all your Zerg off the planet. And I don't think UNN is going to give me back pay for this vacation since I was legally dead most of the time. At least not unless I return with something juicy in hand. You did originally abduct me so I'd be alive to tell your story, so how about sitting down for an exclusive?”

Aaaaand that's a wrap, everybody. It'll be a few weeks until I continue, but stay tuned for the finale of Nora's misadventures in My Life For Aiur? I Barely Know 'Er! Let's Play Starcraft 2: Legacy of The Void

Until then, we can keep discussing co-op stuff or just general random Starcraft lore. This has sorta become the de facto Starcraft discussion thread anyways. Otherwise, thanks for reading/watching/participating, and in thanks, enjoy something deeply weird and mildly disturbing – Kate Lockwell, lovingly recreated by somebody as a custom wrestler in WWE 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QZHghWdeJk

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

That was a heck of a ride. Looking forward to Legacy of the Void. The protoss have always been my favorite part of Starcraft, even if i do play terran commanders more often in coop.

17. - Top - End - #497

I'm definitely looking forward to having a larger cast to play with, who don't have weird speech patterns I need to try and replicate in text.

18. - Top - End - #498

The protoss have always been a lot of fun to play as. I think my greatest enjoyment has always been playing them zerg style. Build 4 warp gates setup to instantly summon them, them spam the full set of charges half and half on zealots and dragoons/stalkers, drop more pylons as I clear so I can summon another small army of reinforcements right on the spot, and keep moving forward with my ever growing army. And lets not forget my lovely spear of adun nuking hard points if I ever have the need. Takes some time to get started as the protoss are an expensive race, but man is it power overwhelming once I get going. Plus being able to emergency summon troops is handy if I dont spot an incoming attack in time to intercept and need some troops back at my home base to protect the photon cannons.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #499

Question Re: Does This Mutation Make Me Look Fat? Let's Play Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

If anyone was curious, by the end of the mission I had looted:

69 Sky Furies (Viking)
    37 Bulwark Company (Goliath)
    36 Blackhammers (Thor)
    35 Warhounds
    26 Shock Division (Siege Tank)
    19 Pride of Augustgrad (Battlecruiser)
    13 Night Wolves (Banshee)
    9 Sons of Korhal (Marine)
    5 Outback Hunters (Hellion)
    4 Science Vessels
    4 Death's Head (Reaper)
    4 Field Response Theta (Medic)
    3 Aegis Guard (Marauder)
    2 Prometheus Company (Firebat)
    1 Partridge In a Pear Tree

10 Ultralisks and 26 Infestors were still alive by the end as well. Banked 50,000 minerals, 18,000 gas, and only used 132/200 supply.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking forward to the next part!

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If anyone was curious, by the end of the mission I had looted:

69 Sky Furies (Viking)
    37 Bulwark Company (Goliath)
    36 Blackhammers (Thor)
    35 Warhounds
    26 Shock Division (Siege Tank)
    19 Pride of Augustgrad (Battlecruiser)
    13 Night Wolves (Banshee)
    9 Sons of Korhal (Marine)
    5 Outback Hunters (Hellion)
    4 Science Vessels
    4 Death's Head (Reaper)
    4 Field Response Theta (Medic)
    3 Aegis Guard (Marauder)
    2 Prometheus Company (Firebat)
    1 Partridge In a Pear Tree

10 Ultralisks and 26 Infestors were still alive by the end as well. Banked 50,000 minerals, 18,000 gas, and only used 132/200 supply.
    12 arbiters
    11 science vessels
    10 ultralisks
    9 battlecruisers
    8 archons burning
    7 zerglings swarming
    6 zealots fighting
    5 newborn queens(!)
    4 hydralisks
    3 marines
    2 terran wraiths
    and a brand new SCV

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

12 arbiters
    11 science vessels
    10 ultralisks
    9 battlecruisers
    8 archons burning
    7 zerglings swarming
    6 zealots fighting
    5 newborn queens(!)
    4 hydralisks
    3 marines
    2 terran wraiths
    and a brand new SCV
    12 arbiters is probably the most overkill protoss setup.
    At that point you can probably freeze the whole opponent army and just shoot at the buildings.

23. - Top - End - #503

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    12 arbiters is probably the most overkill protoss setup.
    At that point you can probably freeze the whole opponent army and just shoot at the buildings.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2021-08-08 at 02:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Fun fact, carbot didn't make that song, just the animation. It was sung by the blizzard VAs way back when, for a custom map you could download for SC1

25. - Top - End - #505

That would explain how he got the voices so accurately..
    (yes, I know all his voices are cuts from in-game sound files.)
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2021-08-08 at 08:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

That would explain how he got the voices so accurately..
    (yes, I know all his voices are cuts from in-game sound files.)
    So the video betrays the spirit by making the queens be SC2 queens while many of the other units are SC1 exclusive units (like ultralisks: they do not actually exists in SC2 it is in fact an illusion).
    Last edited by noob; 2021-08-15 at 01:52 AM.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

What's everyone's favorite way of defending Raynor's base and the Hyperion in The Reckoning (last Heart of the Swarm mission)?

I typically send over 8-10 Impalers and a couple of Queens. Put the queens behind the bunker and burrow the impalers to either side.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

28. - Top - End - #508

A line of siege tanks with Thors to tank and shoot up.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    What's everyone's favorite way of defending Raynor's base and the Hyperion in The Reckoning (last Heart of the Swarm mission)?

I typically send over 8-10 Impalers and a couple of Queens. Put the queens behind the bunker and burrow the impalers to either side.
    I usually wound up just sending my army up through that route and killing everything in sight.

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    I usually wound up just sending my army up through that route and killing everything in sight.
    This really. My bio ball of death tended to do a great job of obliterating anything that got sent that direction. Though now im wishing I had gone the infestor route after reading that mission. lol