New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XXV: 3 Vorthoses barely clinging to sanity and 45 Spi

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    If you're feeling cute this could just say "Exile each legendary permanent..."
    Some planeswalkers are not legendary(those are really rarely used because they are usually just weak)
    also there is legendary artefacts and enchantments in this game that would then be exiled by this card.
    Last edited by noob; 2021-05-15 at 09:55 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XXV: 3 Vorthoses barely clinging to sanity and 45 Spi

I’m a Commander player and would like to ask: in what kind of decks Shaper’s Sanctuary works best?

My theory so far is that is you should play it in a deck where your Commander is going to get targeted often or a deck with big dangerous creatures subject to removal.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The deathtouch= poison commander because it makes every trade a bad trade, and they have to trade or lose the game.

Toski because it already favors turning big tramply bombs into ca, and again you are guaranteeing the advantage one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Some planeswalkers are not legendary(those are really rarely used because they are usually just weak)
    They all are. They were errated. The only non-legendary planeswalker is a Mystery Booster Playtest Card so doesn't really count.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    They all are. They were errated. The only non-legendary planeswalker is a Mystery Booster Playtest Card so doesn't really count.
    Yep. It was part of Ixalan. To quote Wizards themselves "Starting with this set, all planeswalkers past, present, and future will have the supertype legendary". It was the change that let you have 2 of the same planeswalker out as long as they were different cards.
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...alan-mechanics

The only non-legendary planeswalker is Personal Decoy, which (as mentioned) is not a black-border card.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Now granted, there are ways of generating non-legendary token copies of specific planeswalkers (Jace, Cunning Castaway and Jace, Mirror Mage) along with Spark Double being able to copy an existing planeswalker without being legendary, but those are quite rare effects.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

First, I want to say I like a lot of these concepts, and these mostly look significantly more balanced. Specific critique to follow here.

Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    Celestial Bureaucracy (X)WW
    Sorcery

Cycling 2.

Exile each planeswalker and legendary creature you do not control with converted mana cost X or less.

Each player gains X life.
    I think this shouldn't have the "you do not control" clause. It's already something you can control for in three ways, in that you know you have this and your opponent normally doesn't, you can build a deck so that it doesn't have any legendary creatures to get hit by this, and finally theoretically if you have a five drop Teferi and they only have a few four drops you can just pick x=4. Adding a fourth thing that protects your side of the board seems iffy.

I would say that I like the idea of just having this wipe non-land legendary permanents of all kinds, though!

Planeswalkers' Immortality WW
    Enchantment

Cycling 2.

You may cast this spell from your graveyard or from exile.

Whenever a card you own is discarded, milled, or exiled by a spell or ability controlled by one of your opponents, place that card on the bottom of your deck instead.

Once we were no more limited by eternity than we are by infinity.
    This still feels more green to me. I am again ambivalent on the card itself: bringing back from exile is a strong effect that is very, very rare.

Royal Treasury 3WW
    Enchantment

Noncreature artifacts and enchantments you control have hexproof and indestructible.

Wonders to behold.
    This I would make legendary, and have it state that other noncreature enchantments and artifacts you control have hexproof and indestructible. As a game health thing, I feel very iffy about a card protecting both itself and all other enchantments and artifacts, and it's not like you can't have other enchantments that go on to protect the Royal Treasury. There exists at least one and I want to say two enchantments that give all others hexproof.
    LGBTA+itP

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Zodi, how likely would you say it is that Rat will be in Modern Horizons 2?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Zodi, how likely would you say it is that Rat will be in Modern Horizons 2?
    Zero Percent. The fanbase at large ****ing hates those books, and as evidenced by the way Strixhaven ends they're doing their best to just, push away from even the good parts of it.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Zero Percent. The fanbase at large ****ing hates those books, and as evidenced by the way Strixhaven ends they're doing their best to just, push away from even the good parts of it.
    Oh. I thought it was only the second one peple hated, not both of them.

I never read either of them.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh. I thought it was only the second one peple hated, not both of them.

I never read either of them.
    They have good parts and bad parts. The second novel is far worse. A lot of people are just brutally unfair to them, but I get it.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Is this a good deck? I want to get a second opinion before I buy.
    Spoiler: Image is extra large so people can read the text
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

As a general rule of thumb, you always want to keep your deck at the lowest size possible, in this case, 60. You need to cut a lot of stuff here: the Auras for sure, the weird anti-Flying spells (you'll be better off having more universal removal that won't be dead against most decks), and a lot of your weaker creatures.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    Is this a good deck? I want to get a second opinion before I buy.
    Spoiler: Image is extra large so people can read the text
    Show
    What format is it for? What is your goal? Looks like you made a full sized bogles style deck and a flying deck and shoved them together, you really need hexproof creatures for auras to be good and no more then 60 cards.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that question needs a lot more qualifiers. What format, what budget, what level of play, etc.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    What format is it for? What is your goal? Looks like you made a full sized bogles style deck and a flying deck and shoved them together, you really need hexproof creatures for auras to be good and no more then 60 cards.
    I was going for a cheap constructed modern pauper deck, since I don't want to spend a lot of money. I've played some mtg arena online, and would like to make my own physical deck to sponsor a club at the high school I teach at, or at least have some matchups at the local gaming store. I still am not 100% sure what I'm doing, but I remember that in mtg arena, I really liked aggressive decks built with either haste or flying.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-set/...gotten-realms/

Three new spoilers (for now)!

Damn, my warrior tribal deck would have loved the dwarf but I cant take it, doesnt fit the theme lol

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I was going for a cheap constructed modern pauper deck, since I don't want to spend a lot of money. I've played some mtg arena online, and would like to make my own physical deck to sponsor a club at the high school I teach at, or at least have some matchups at the local gaming store. I still am not 100% sure what I'm doing, but I remember that in mtg arena, I really liked aggressive decks built with either haste or flying.
    Are these players who have already been playing pauper or are you introducing them?

Competitive pauper is not a brewing format, it is a low to the ground very fast format that has all of the power in the 1-2 drop section. If you like haste I would suggest burn, if flying either Boros Kitty or Faerie Ninjas (also known as deep hour aggro but basically it is delver with some extra critters.) Remember that Affinity is legally playable with artifact lands in the format, so you have a turn 3 kill aggro deck to compete with.

If you want a very cheap, slower format I would suggest introducing pauper commander or 100 card pauper highlander (ie pauper commander without a commander.) That would let you play a slower deck that is more like a limited deck and less like a competitive format.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-set/...gotten-realms/

Three new spoilers (for now)!

Damn, my warrior tribal deck would have loved the dwarf but I cant take it, doesnt fit the theme lol
    My dwarf deck can though. And will.

Spoiler
    Show

So, I'm guessing gods are going to be represented as planeswalkers, makes sense, I suppose. Rather than having literally every high level spellcaster get the treatment.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2021-05-20 at 03:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    My dwarf deck can though. And will.

Spoiler
    Show

So, I'm guessing gods are going to be represented as planeswalkers, makes sense, I suppose. Rather than having literally every high level spellcaster get the treatment.
    There is at least one dnd god represented as a legendary creature.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

There is at least one dnd god represented as a legendary creature.
    Right, yeah, two lines below the one I was talking about too.

Hmm. Well, I don't see a pattern then.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

My opponent just tried to exile-mill me with Ulamog, and they did indeed exile basically my entire library, including my single copy of Ormos, Archive Keeper...

...after I had already Ult-ed the Kaldheim version of Kaya. Twice.

I then decided to see how many total instances of that emblem I could stack before my opponent would admit they lost. Turns out it was nine, this time.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

My opponent just tried to exile-mill me with Ulamog, and they did indeed exile basically my entire library, including my single copy of Ormos, Archive Keeper...

I then decided to see how many total instances of that emblem I could stack before my opponent would admit they lost. Turns out it was nine, this time.
    That opponent was very persistent.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

That opponent was very persistent.
    They sure were.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Firbolg in the Playground

To be fair, all they needed was instant speed exile/ bounce to cast at the end of your upkeep to win.

Alternatively, they were trying to be polite and let you just take the win without a DC or concede while you Bad Mannered them.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Banned

would like to make my own physical deck to sponsor a club at the high school I teach at,
    Learn a bit more about the basics of the game, then hit your local game store with your club members for welcome boosters and ask if they still have the welcome decks WotC used to send. At any rate they should at least have the Arena Starter Decks, which are cheap and useable.

or at least have some matchups at the local gaming store.
    What format do people play there? You cant just show up with a deck for a random format and expect people to have a deck for it as well. And no, playing cross-format (like commander vs modern or standard vs pauper) doesnt exist, not even 'for fun'.

I still am not 100% sure what I'm doing
    who is? but still, you have a lot of reading to do first.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

You honestly read like a nightmare to play with / against.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    To be fair, all they needed was instant speed exile/ bounce to cast at the end of your upkeep to win.

Alternatively, they were trying to be polite and let you just take the win without a DC or concede while you Bad Mannered them.
    Or even a spell that sends to the graveyard as an instant.
    There is three colours with convenient instant speed removal or bounce for creatures and five if you consider damage does the job fine.
    Last edited by noob; 2021-05-23 at 01:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    You honestly read like a nightmare to play with / against.
    I play slow jank, so probably.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2021-05-23 at 01:57 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Learn a bit more about the basics of the game, then hit your local game store with your club members for welcome boosters and ask if they still have the welcome decks WotC used to send. At any rate they should at least have the Arena Starter Decks, which are cheap and useable.

What format do people play there? You cant just show up with a deck for a random format and expect people to have a deck for it as well. And no, playing cross-format (like commander vs modern or standard vs pauper) doesnt exist, not even 'for fun'.

who is? but still, you have a lot of reading to do first.
    I'm going to swing by and ask, but in the meantime, I made this Modern deck and I want to know if I am on to something with making a flying deck that uses +1/+1 counters:

Spoiler: Enormous Image to make sure people can see
    Show