Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 63 of 63
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Apr 2021

    Default Re: Lamplighter's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Emberhead, 1:05 PM, October 1st, 1921.
    ---

    Mr. Winters considers what you say, and the look of distate returns to his face for a moment.

    "Ah, well, nevermind that. I tell you what." Mr. Winters takes a drink of his coffee, "There will be a repair crew here the day after next - Monday. When they arrive, I'll ask them to take you back with them. How would that be? They might want a dollar or two to grease the wheels..."

    You have an afternoon ahead of you. You could continue to talk with Mr. Winters, he seems friendly enough. You could ask about the books on his shelf, and maybe kill some time with a good book. Alternatively, you could go walk down to the lower level of the village and check out the eastern road, or check out that ruined church you saw.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2021

    Default Re: Lamplighter's Alone Against the Flames IC

    If Mr. Winters hasn't answered my question, he either doesn't know himself, or doesn't want me to know, in which case I won't be allowed access to his library. So I do not plan to waste more time here.

    "I would appreciate that, however Silas, my ride, is due back in around the same time frame, so I am afraid that wont be necessary. Thanks again for the coffee and the help with the telegraph." I say and begin to make my leave.

    I think I will go explore more. Vestiges of the past might have answers, so I would like to check out the church.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Apr 2021

    Default Re: Lamplighter's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Emberhead, 1:32 PM, October 1st, 1921.
    --

    You head towards the church. As you glance to your left, your gaze alights on the large metal structure. Something bothers you about its positioning. You back up and look again. Yes! Emberheadís central thoroughfare points directly at the structure. This seems too precise to be a coincidence.

    You press on and draw into the shadow of the church. The building is in a sorry state. The top of the steeple is missing, a ragged gash of splintered boards marking its absence, and the floors beneath it have collapsed. It appears to have torn through the roof of the main building as it fell. Only the back half is still intact. The white paint, which once covered the church, has yellowed and peeled.

    It seems safe enough to explore the rear section. Old pews are stacked against the wall, choked with mildew. Most of the windows are broken. You guess this church has been disused for about twenty years.

    Make a Ride roll. You may have a bonus die by rolling a d10 in addition to the normal d100 and taking the lower result for the tens place. So:

    [roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •