Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 113
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Laniakea Supercluster
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    When did I make that claim?
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    When did I make that claim?
    Jeenleen is saying you did.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hmm upon further read who did you bane?

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    I did NOT say that Aleph Null said he stopped the NK. I only said he claimed baner.

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    You are actively Saying the Game format is lying to us. This, is something that is on you to prove, and should never be assumed.

    You will need to tell us on Saturday, Since I am reasonably Certain that Bookwombat didn't die to a vigilante.

    I could talk more, but frankly speaking. Everything I have to say is here. Also, since someone is literally saying the game format is lying until their neighbor is confirmed. Jeenleen
    I get that you think I am saying Apogee lied about something, but I don't understand what you think the lie is.
    Is it the flavor text about Book Wombat's death? I admit I found that flavor confusing. Do you think he (unintentionally?) was confirming it was town vig vs wolf NK?

    I'm not trying to be purposefully obtuse or clever here. I really don't see what the apparent Narrator-lie I'm supposedly saying is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Because I know bookwombat didn't die to the vigilante
    How do you know that? Do you claim town vig, but are stating you didn't target Book Wombat?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    How does me being the neighbor implicate me in any way? Perhaps I'm missing some leap of logic here?
    I don't think it does, in any hard fashion. The only "evidence" I see in it is that 1) we have no evidence of other Neighbor pairs, and 2) being a Neighbor with a townie (and thus potentially manipulating them) seems a good balance to a small wolf team.
    Since I know I'm Town, and we're Neighbors, that leaves you as a wolf whose power might have been to pick a townie as a Neighbor.

    Your posts D1 don't lean much one way or another. Everything you said to me in our QT similarly means little: could be a legit townie or a wolf being happy about the wagon on AV.

    Unfortunately, we're in a tough spot where it's hard to tell which of Aleph and Totaldile are the wolf without lynching one, and a mislynch today is (probably) fatal.
    Or it's possible the real wolves are on the sidelines and just happy with where the supsicions lay. If Cao or bathatcat are wolves... well, they are in a good position.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I just saw the lie totaldileplayz thought I meant.

    I didn't mean that BW was reallly wolf!totaldipleplayz's scumbuddy. What I meant was I could see wolf!totaldileplayz killing his at-one-time-accused-as-wolf Book Wombat, in order to throw off suspicion about AV's theory.

    Basically, if both totaldile and BW are both alive, there's reason to suspect both. Either could get lynched.
    If BW dies, then that nullifies AV's theory and (to one perspective) eliminates some heat on totaldileplayz.
    Also, it seems unlikely the wolves would have a good reason to kill BW, since he seemed likely to die D2 to the lynch. So the only good wolfy reason to do so would be by wolf!totaldileplayz.

    However, I admit Cao's point of BW being a 'null' kill, meaning it gave no info to town, is a good point.
    Also, it is true that the wolves might have killed BW to incriminate totaldileplayz. I thought of that earlier, but didn't want to post it since I was wondering if totaldileplayz would make that defense or not. Sadly, I forget what conclusion I thought him making that defense would lead to... but I think it meant he looked wolfier to me and I should keep my vote on him.

    So, keeping my vote where it is.
    Also, I realize I should have written that statement (the one seen as calling the Narrator a liar) better. I'm not sure if it was a typo, I messed it up in editing, or I thought I said something but didn't. But I've explained now what I meant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    To those of you deciding where to vote: did you understand what I meant? Do you think town!totaldile legit misunderstood me, or that wolf!totaldile was trying to use the opportunity to cast heat away from himself?
    Legit asking. If everyone, or almost everyone, thought what i wrote was weird and were agreeing with totaldile before reading my explanation, then maybe I'm wrong to put this as a mark against him.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    I'm about to go to bed. I hope to be back online before Day ends, but can't promise it.
    This kinda stinks. I don't really blame anyone as weekends are rough, but stinks such a pivotal Day is all-weekend.

    Some final thoughts:
    -if there is a Town Day-Vig (with a 1-shot), please kill totaldileplayz or Aleph Null, such that the other is lynched. I reckon at least one is likely a wolf, so killing both today should help us a lot. Looks like Aleph has 2 votes and totaldile 1 one vote currently, so killing totaldile and letting Aleph get lynched is probably best. (Please doublecheck my vote-counting.)
    -Apogee gave safe fakeclaims to the wolves. I have no way to be certain of this, but I reckon that both the Role Name and the Power are unique. That is, it's kinda pointless to have John Smith the Town seer and Jane Doe the Wolf seer, and consider that a safe claim, since both would claim seer and contradict each other.
    -it seems like totaldileplayz implicitly claimed vig. Nothing to counter that, but "vig" is a very safe fakeclaim for a wolf. So some heat to him.
    -that Aleph has stayed silent about who he baned (both publicly and in my QT with him), seems... suspicious.
    -even if someone come up saying they are seer and scired X as Town, and so we should lynch Y... maybe the 'seer' is the second wolf, winning the game by making a mislynch today

    I feel like doing some analysis based on every possible combination of 2 wolves, to see which are more likely and if there's any we can rule out. But, honestly, I don't have the time to.
    If there is just one wolf, and it's Cao or bathatcat... maybe they will win. If both of them are wolves, I think Town will likely lose. (No reason to think they are wolves; that's just one really scary combo of wolves I thought of when going through scenarios in my head.)

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Aleph and totaldile both look really suspicious to me, but, as this Day has gone on, Aleph has said basically nothing and not said who they targeted. Totaldile has said a couple of things that make me think a townie confused or misunderstanding, as opposed to a wolf trying to find a target. (Mainly that he didn't realize at first that I named Aleph as my Neighbor.)

    So Aleph Null.
    This is partially because I fear (if 2 wolves) a combo of Aleph and Cao. Cao voted Aleph early Day, but noted he hopes to do more analysis later and may change his vote. I don't want to let him easily swing it to totaldile (plus Aleph hasn't voted.)

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    I can basically confirm I have no neighbors, and my power is below average for it's kind.
    Totaldile, I'd like you to explain this line.
    If you are town-vig... well, I consider that a powerful role. A risky one, due to chances of hitting a townie, but still powerful.
    At least, if the game isn't over at the end of this Day, I'd hope you'd explain to help us decide if you are town or wolf D3.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Hmm. Tricky. I'd say something degrading about my deductive abilities but I assume me playing up my confusion even more is just likely to make me seem more suspect.

    Aleph Null
    . For now, at least.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Hmm. Tricky. I'd say something degrading about my deductive abilities but I assume me playing up my confusion even more is just likely to make me seem more suspect.

    Aleph Null
    . For now, at least.
    Do you have any results from your night action that helps us make a decision?
    Though I wouldn't be happy with an answer merely of "No", I understand it. Depending on your power and who you targeted, it might not be helpful in this Day and just help the wolves if you reveal more.

    If your power was prevented from activating or yielded no info (e.g., you were voided), that would be helpful info. Or, at least I think it might be. It implies someone other than Book Wombat voided someone, and maybe that would eventually point us to which faction voided whom, and help us figure out who is the wolf.

    - - - Updated - - -

    --- ----
    I'd feel a lot better if we had a solid claim from totaldile and a statement about who they targeted, if anyone, as vig.
    I'd feel a lot better if we had an answer from Aleph about who they targeted.

    I reckon, from their reticence, that one of them is a lying wolf. And, unfortunately, we can't really tell which. So I just hope we're hitting the right person.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    I'm a vigilante. Yea. I couldn't target anyone N1. So I didnt target anyone. This is why I knew for a fact, that bookwombat couldn't have been killed by me. This is also why I immediately overreacted as I assumed the inverse was also true.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Do you have any results from your night action that helps us make a decision?
    No useful information to share, I'm afraid.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    DAY 2 HAS ENDED

    AlephNull was eliminated as the only player with votes.

    He was:

    Connie Frazier taking cover as Nancy Wheeler.

    You are a mafia neighbor jailkeeper one-shot ninja strongman.

    1. You start the game in a quicktopic with Steve Harrington. (Note: as a wolf, you are allowed to share your quicktopics with your teammates to view. They will be punished if they post in them without being invited through game mechanics)
    2. Every night, you may target a player and jailkeep them, both baning and voiding them (they are protected from night kills and actions they take are blocked). 3. Once per game when carrying the mafia factional kill, you may become a ninja strongman. You will not be trackable or blockable, and your target will not survive if baned. (There may or may not be any effects that resolve prior to this type of kill)

    Night 2 has begun and will end at 7pm EDT on Tuesday

    Please submit actions by 6 that day if feasible! Thanks!

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    See? Huzzah got one mafia member. Ok so its definitely not jeenleen, and is either cao, or batcathat.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    I couldn't target anyone N1.
    Couldn't target?
    If you're still alive when Day breaks, I'd like to hear what limited your power activating/working. (I don't think you should say anything at Night.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    I can track someone. If I publicly state who I track, there's some pros and cons. Anyone want me to post who I'm targeting, so the other townies can coordinate around it? (Not stating publicly who they are targeting, but they at least know I'm targeting them so we don't double-up. For example, if there's a seer, it'd be handy if they don't target the same person I do. Same if totaldileplayz is really the town vig.)

    Note that if I happen to be targeting the wolf, they might decide not to kill tonight.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Couldn't target?
    If you're still alive when Day breaks, I'd like to hear what limited your power activating/working. (I don't think you should say anything at Night.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    I can track someone. If I publicly state who I track, there's some pros and cons. Anyone want me to post who I'm targeting, so the other townies can coordinate around it? (Not stating publicly who they are targeting, but they at least know I'm targeting them so we don't double-up. For example, if there's a seer, it'd be handy if they don't target the same person I do. Same if totaldileplayz is really the town vig.)

    Note that if I happen to be targeting the wolf, they might decide not to kill tonight.
    I'm just going to point out there are 4 current players one is a wolf. And of those are you, me, an inactive, and a newbie. The only chance you have at an actually good answer to your question is me.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    I'm just going to point out there are 4 current players one is a wolf. And of those are you, me, an inactive, and a newbie. The only chance you have at an actually good answer to your question is me.
    While true, even responses like this help. Or at least could, if I had the mental capacity and could guess the right WIFOM convolutions to determine how to read it.
    Like, are you a wolf trying to discourage talk that could help the town? Are you a townie trying to discourage talk that could help the wolf? Are you (and/or I) responding without really saying anything in an attempt to subtly manipulate town/wolf? If yes (to any), are either of us doing a decent job in any sense?

    For Cao, I wonder if he's really inactive or it was just weekend silence. Unfortunately, hard to tell if him being quiet during the Night is wolf trying to not incriminate himself or townie just wisely being quiet during the Night.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry; that came out harsher towards Cao than I intended. Gotta jump to a meeting, but wanted to add that clarification.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    For Cao, I wonder if he's really inactive or it was just weekend silence. Unfortunately, hard to tell if him being quiet during the Night is wolf trying to not incriminate himself or townie just wisely being quiet during the Night.
    Popping in to say that I should be active again. Had some stuff come up that prevented me from posting the last couple days. I usually don't speak at night but wanted to at least let you all know I'm back.




    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I can track someone. If I publicly state who I track, there's some pros and cons. Anyone want me to post who I'm targeting, so the other townies can coordinate around it? (Not stating publicly who they are targeting, but they at least know I'm targeting them so we don't double-up. For example, if there's a seer, it'd be handy if they don't target the same person I do. Same if totaldileplayz is really the town vig.)

    Note that if I happen to be targeting the wolf, they might decide not to kill tonight.
    I tend to lean toward not sharing that information, since I don't know how much it will actually help and lets the wolves plan around your choice. In the end, it's up to you.


    If totodile is a Vig and decides to kill then there's a good chance the game is over before morning, whether it ends up 1 wolf 1 town or 2 town left. So you sharing information wouldn't help a theoretical Vig much.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Popping in to say that I should be active again. Had some stuff come up that prevented me from posting the last couple days. I usually don't speak at night but wanted to at least let you all know I'm back.






    I tend to lean toward not sharing that information, since I don't know how much it will actually help and lets the wolves plan around your choice. In the end, it's up to you.


    If totodile is a Vig and decides to kill then there's a good chance the game is over before morning, whether it ends up 1 wolf 1 town or 2 town left. So you sharing information wouldn't help a theoretical Vig much.
    Well by all rights if it is one wolf and one town, unless you know something I don't that ends up being a 50/50 where it comes down to who ever votes for the other person first since voting for mafia would be a way to win at that point.

    The best way for mafia to lay low here, is to not do their night kill, and try to pin the death if any on me. Saying since there's only ever been one night kill it should be me as the other wolf. If this is the case and they are successful in lynching me there's no real way they can lose. Nking in contrast is a lot riskier, and relies on them a) surviving and b) able to put up a vote first which requires knowing who the other person who survived is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    This is also why if they were to nk anyone tonight they should not kill me. Since I'm unlikely to kill myself.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Well by all rights if it is one wolf and one town, unless you know something I don't that ends up being a 50/50 where it comes down to who ever votes for the other person first since voting for mafia would be a way to win at that point.

    The best way for mafia to lay low here, is to not do their night kill, and try to pin the death if any on me. Saying since there's only ever been one night kill it should be me as the other wolf. If this is the case and they are successful in lynching me there's no real way they can lose. Nking in contrast is a lot riskier, and relies on them a) surviving and b) able to put up a vote first which requires knowing who the other person who survived is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    This is also why if they were to nk anyone tonight they should not kill me. Since I'm unlikely to kill myself.
    My assumption was that in a situation where town = wolves that the game would end and wolves win. I can't find anything from a quick glance at the rules so @Apogee? What happens if it ends up 1 v 1?

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    My assumption was that in a situation where town = wolves that the game would end and wolves win. I can't find anything from a quick glance at the rules so @Apogee? What happens if it ends up 1 v 1?
    The game ends when only one faction remains, or nothing can prevent this from happening.
    This is the game rule. Only one faction remains kr nothing can prevent this from happening voting is a valid way to prevent it.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    In 1 vs 1, the rule was phrased somewhat complexly, but it essentially means whoever would vote first would win. At least assuming nobody changes their vote, which nobody would in a 1 vs 1 scenario.

    Quote Originally Posted by the rule
    In the case of a tie at X votes on a player (or no elimination), the option that has at at least X votes for the longest contiguous time before EOD will be eliminated. (i.e. two players have 4 votes each, the first one to have at least four votes on them will be killed).
    - - - Updated - - -

    Well, if it's 1 vs. 1 as Day starts.
    If it's 1 vs. 1 when Night starts, then, yeah, wolves presumably win unless the surviving townie is a baner or voider who can block the kill, or a vig who can make it 'everyone dies'. I haven't thought about if it would be a draw, wolf win, or town win if everybody dies.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-04-19 at 02:29 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    At 1 mafia 1 town with no abilities relevant remaining -- so whoever voted first would win -- I would call the game for the wolves

    If relevant abilities remain, I would not call the game.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Well by all rights if it is one wolf and one town, unless you know something I don't that ends up being a 50/50 where it comes down to who ever votes for the other person first since voting for mafia would be a way to win at that point.

    The best way for mafia to lay low here, is to not do their night kill, and try to pin the death if any on me. Saying since there's only ever been one night kill it should be me as the other wolf. If this is the case and they are successful in lynching me there's no real way they can lose. Nking in contrast is a lot riskier, and relies on them a) surviving and b) able to put up a vote first which requires knowing who the other person who survived is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    This is also why if they were to nk anyone tonight they should not kill me. Since I'm unlikely to kill myself.
    While all true, you saying this sooooo looks like a wolf trying to pre-justify why they shouldn't be lynched the upcoming Day.
    Which even more emphasizes the truth of what you are saying, since it's more reason they shouldn't kill you. If you are Town, I imagine that is a frustrating situation, especially since you trust me (a person who might vote you) and thus want to kill someone else in hopes of hitting the wolf.

    Point being, I really want to trust you, because I really hope you have a 50/50 shot of killing the wolf tonight and not a 0% chance because you are the wolf.

    I will say that I'm not tracking you, totaldileplayz. Not that I necessarily believe you are Town, but knowing who you target won't really matter, since they'd be dead, and it won't be evidence for or against your townishness. (Well, if two folk die, that basically proves you are Town, but it means nothing if just one person dies.)
    Still debating if I should declare whether I'm tracking Cao or batcathat.
    I think the only downside to staying quiet is that it lets all three of us townies target the same person (who dies and thus info-gathering on them is useless). But that seems relatively unlikely. I'd say a 1 in 8 chance. So, yeah, leaning towards staying quiet.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Still debating if I should declare whether I'm tracking Cao or batcathat.
    For what it's worth, I think you should probably stay quiet. Knowing I'm tracked won't change anything I'm doing (and, of course, I'm also a poor innocent Town child with nothing to hide) but since Cao might be a wolf and not knowing they're being tracked might catch them. So yeah, I say go the way you're leaning.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-04-19 at 03:29 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    For what it's worth, I think you should probably stay quiet. Knowing I'm tracked won't change anything I'm doing (and, of course, I'm also a poor innocent Town child with nothing to hide) but since Cao might be a wolf and not knowing they're being tracked might catch them. So yeah, I say go the way you're leaning.
    I'm going to guess you are being less than 100% honest (and that's a good move), but if you are Town Innocent-Child, and you can activate it at Night. PLEASE DO!
    If totaldileplayz is Town, then we win because he shoots Cao.
    If totaldileplayz is wolf, well, he picks between me and Cao, probably, because you are harmless.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    For what it's worth, I think you should probably stay quiet. Knowing I'm tracked won't change anything I'm doing (and, of course, I'm also a poor innocent Town child with nothing to hide) but since Cao might be a wolf and not knowing they're being tracked might catch them. So yeah, I say go the way you're leaning.
    I'm not going to lie, if you aren't literally that role, that makes you seem wolfy to me.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    I'm not going to lie, if you aren't literally that role, that makes you seem wolfy to me.
    Okay, this might be a tough sell. From your and JeenLeen's reactions I assume "innocent child" is an actual role? Because what I meant to say (in a somewhat snarky, jokey fashion) was just that I was part of team town (and that my character is, in fact, a child).

    I was planning on keeping my role to myself, at least until next day but since I seem to have accidentally made myself look bad and you claim to be a vigilante, I should probably at least try to dig myself out of this hole. This night you should've gotten a new ability, that was from me. I'm not sure if wolves can have the ability to do that, but if I was a wolf and you are not, why would I give that to you?

    Now, if for some reason my present to you was blocked (or you're a wolf trying to set me up), I'm probably just making myself look worse and my only remaining defense is my honest smile. (That's a lie. I look way too smug to make anyone think I'm honest).

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Okay, this might be a tough sell. From your and JeenLeen's reactions I assume "innocent child" is an actual role? Because what I meant to say (in a somewhat snarky, jokey fashion) was just that I was part of team town (and that my character is, in fact, a child).

    I was planning on keeping my role to myself, at least until next day but since I seem to have accidentally made myself look bad and you claim to be a vigilante, I should probably at least try to dig myself out of this hole. This night you should've gotten a new ability, that was from me. I'm not sure if wolves can have the ability to do that, but if I was a wolf and you are not, why would I give that to you?

    Now, if for some reason my present to you was blocked (or you're a wolf trying to set me up), I'm probably just making myself look worse and my only remaining defense is my honest smile. (That's a lie. I look way too smug to make anyone think I'm honest).
    Innocent Child is a role that can at their discretion choose to be mod-confirmed as town, or at a certain point in time is mod-confirmed as town.

    You have just claimed to be an inventor, which is a town-aligned role, but Jailor's are usually town-aligned and the sole wolf we've killed was one. The problem is there is a False Inventor variant where the abilities given have hidden downsides, and really if you are one, would both account you as the wolf, trying to cause hidden drawbacks to be procked, and explain why you could very easily be wolf.
    This, causes you to have a claim, and a way out, but definitely doesn't vet you by itself. A Very possible thing for instance, and something i've caused to consider for that given ability is it may stop me from shooting if I used it, since I don't know to trust it, and it doesn't actually help me at all, I've chosen to avoid that risk as much as possible.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    I wish we knew who Book Wombat voided verses who Aleph Null voided.

    At the start of N1, I got the ability to make a QT with a player of my choice. I assume that was from batcathat.
    However, I was voided.
    IF I was voided by Aleph Null, that vindicates batcathat, since I can't see the wolf giving me an ability, then another wolf voiding me the same Night when I'm likely to use it.
    However, it could very easily have been Book Wombat who voided me. I can see the wolf!baner/voider protecting whichever wolf wasn't doing the NK; he very well may have targeted himself N1.
    From re-reading Aleph's power, it seems like he could target himself. Presumably, doing so wouldn't also void his bane.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I told Aleph I was planning on targeting Cao, totaldileplayz, or Book Wombat.
    Aleph probably considered that I might be lying, but, if I were lying, the most likely target would be Aleph--to try to vet him if he really baned someone.

    I assumed Book Wombat randomly voided me, but... Book Wombat seemed to be willing to go along with my vote-suggestion at the end of D1. If he thought I was a wolf, I doubt he would've voided me. I mean, maybe he felt I manipulated him towards voting AV and that was (reasonable, I admit) retribution. That is, based on AV dying, he figured maybe I was a wolf--but I kinda doubt it. So that gives me some more reason to lean that Book Wombat voided someone else, and Aleph voided me just to be on the safe side.

    Now, Aleph may have done that after wolf!batcathat decided to gift me a power.
    BUT I mentioned those three targets before Day ended. A couple hours before it ended, but still before. If both wolves were online, wolf!batcathat could have changed me as their gift target and given it to someone they didn't plan to void.

    SO, I'm leaning that batcathat is actually Town, since they gifted me something the same night Aleph probably voided me, and that seems odd if both of them are wolves.
    HOWEVER, I definitely leave how much to take this reasoning seriously to totaldileplayz. It isn't real sound logic. If a wolf wasn't online at the right moment, they may not have seen who I was thinking to target and/or changed their actions accordingly. More importantly, Book Wombat could have voided me, which renders all of this reasoning incorrect.

    - - - Updated - - -

    In other, other and more explicit words:
    Assume Cao or batcathat are the final wolf.
    Assume batcathat gifted me a power for N1.
    Strong data: someone voided me N1, and it was either Book Wombat or Aleph Null
    Weak data: seems unlikely Book Wombat would void me
    Weak data: it's believable that Aleph voided me (especially if Cao is a wolf, but somewhat even if he's not)
    Unclear data (depends on timing stuff): unlikely batcathat would gift me something on the night I'm voided by Aleph, if both are wolves

    Therefore, conclude it's more likely that batcathat is Town and Cao is the wolf.
    Caveat: I don't want it to be my fault if we lose, so add "take this with a grain of salt" to totaldileplayz

    - - - Updated - - -

    Last thought before I get to work: if batcathat's gift to totaldileplayz was different from what he gave me... that's fine. I could see batcathat being the "powers with limited use", that is, something like each Day he picks one out of a list of powers to gift someone for the upcoming Night.
    At least, that seems consistent with what has been said and my gift.

    If totaldile got the same gift I did, that's also fine. E.g., not trapping batcathat in a lie. I'm just guessing from phrasing, and since I publicly stated the power I received earlier, that it was a different gift from the one I got.

    I agree that this could be a good wolf cover story, akin to how Jailor was a good cover for baner. But there's plenty of other good covers. If batcathat is honest, there's no seer; it'd be way easy for the last wolf to be able to fake being a seer, since they'd everyone's alignment.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Last thought before I get to work: if batcathat's gift to totaldileplayz was different from what he gave me... that's fine. I could see batcathat being the "powers with limited use", that is, something like each Day he picks one out of a list of powers to gift someone for the upcoming Night.
    At least, that seems consistent with what has been said and my gift.

    If totaldile got the same gift I did, that's also fine. E.g., not trapping batcathat in a lie. I'm just guessing from phrasing, and since I publicly stated the power I received earlier, that it was a different gift from the one I got.

    I agree that this could be a good wolf cover story, akin to how Jailor was a good cover for baner. But there's plenty of other good covers. If batcathat is honest, there's no seer; it'd be way easy for the last wolf to be able to fake being a seer, since they'd everyone's alignment.
    Aleph Null was literally a jailor, with jailkeeping included in the description. The Agency having someone that gives a radio that allows you to pick up on the conversations town is making and sharing it with the wolves? That definitely fits as an Agency Power as well, even if it would normally be a town power.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So Then why would Batcathat give you the ability? Besides, inactivity, as a perfectly viable explanation, and Book Wombat possibly being the one to RB you, there's an actual play, that makes it a distancing move, especially since you have firmly established what you'd do to reveal that ability.

    While there is an explanation to explain why Batcathat may be innocent, there's explanations to why he could be a wolf in equal measure. So, Yeah as can be expected it's not alignment indicative, and I have to figure if the Cao + Aleph Train is happening or Batcathat + Aleph Train is happening, and I have only theoreticals to rely on.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Since nobody else than me spoke up about being voided, it seems likely that the other person who was voided was the wolf. Otherwise, why be quiet?
    So I'm guessing the non-killing wolf got voided N1 by Book Wombat, and I got voided by Aleph Null N1.

    But, yeah, this is just conjecture. I agree we don't know, and it looks likely either Cao or batcathat could be the wolf. Take my reasoning with as much or as little weight as you wish. (It's fun to share them, regardless.)

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Stranger Things Mafia Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Since nobody else than me spoke up about being voided, it seems likely that the other person who was voided was the wolf. Otherwise, why be quiet?
    Not necessarily. I assume someone won't know they're voided if they don't try to do something? I didn't have any night actions (I really want to add "Or did I?" but I should probably stop undermining myself...) so I'm guessing I wouldn't know if someone voided me. Then again, I suspect my newbness mean I wouldn't really be a priority target but since this game feel about as easy to grasp as four-dimensional rock-paper-scissors in the dark, I suppose someone might've voided me for some excellent reason I don't understand.

    So... I'm basically not adding anything of worth but I doubt I can make things much worse for myself so I might as well keep talking and hope something works out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •