Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy [OOC]

Quote Originally Posted by NiKkatsu View Post
    Gotcha! That all checks out, too. At least she can recognize Noemi as someone who has previous experience with them krawlers. By the way, is Noemi pronounced No-mee or more French sounding No-ay-mee?
    Closer to the later, though I took the Italian name for it. (no-EH-mee)
    Last edited by Angsty Anubite; 2021-04-14 at 08:46 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

So, start on the edge of Discovery City, Krawler-side?

Just so we can handle proper introductions, let's make it in a tavern or something. I'll get an IC post up now.

IC Thread
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

As a quick aside, I'm very new to using this forum, so I'll be trying to learn as quick as I can! I haven't had an account on here in like, 5/6 years haha
    <3 If you can't be anything else, be kind. <3

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Junbug View Post
    As a quick aside, I'm very new to using this forum, so I'll be trying to learn as quick as I can! I haven't had an account on here in like, 5/6 years haha
    You're fine! If you need any help, ask away. :)

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #35

Thanks! It's mostly going to be formatting and little faux pas that I make while I get my bearings. (That and using the dice-roller correctly!)

Hope it was okay for me to copy the intro post style from you, Nikkatsu, it looked really professional. ;v;

6. - Top - End - #36

BardGirl

Thanks! It's mostly going to be formatting and little faux pas that I make while I get my bearings. (That and using the dice-roller correctly!)

Hope it was okay for me to copy the intro post style from you, Nikkatsu, it looked really professional. ;v;
    Absolutely! Feel free to use it, any and all. I also borrowed it from someone else. Nice opening post, I like Mint's vibe. That calm and free-spirited nature will be a good counterpoint to Kula's OCDness

7. - Top - End - #37

Absolutely! Feel free to use it, any and all. I also borrowed it from someone else. Nice opening post, I like Mint's vibe. That calm and free-spirited nature will be a good counterpoint to Kula's OCDness
    I immediately enjoy Kula too! Gotta have productive people, her being goal oriented will be good for Mint as well. :>

8. - Top - End - #38

I'm definitely stealing that, thanks.

I started working on Noemi's opening and immediately began to regret giving her such a low strength score. Owl gal is tough as nails for carrying all that weight - I don't care what the fly/movement rules say.

@Xihirli & @JNAProductions Think I can bump up her strength before we go any further?

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite View Post
    I'm definitely stealing that, thanks.

I started working on Noemi's opening and immediately began to regret giving her such a low strength score. Owl gal is tough as nails for carrying all that weight - I don't care what the fly/movement rules say.

@Xihirli & @JNAProductions Think I can bump up her strength before we go any further?
    No problem.

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #40

BardGirl

Since no one answered, I removed 10gp from my sheet (I had an extra 10 from by background) assuming I already performed my find familiar ritual. He is in his little pokťba... I mean pocket dimension as of now, as I'm guessing hawks aren't allowed in bars. Just letting you know for when we hit the road
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-15 at 09:19 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Since no one answered, I removed 10gp from my sheet (I had an extra 10 from by background) assuming I already performed my find familiar ritual. He is in his little pokťba... I mean pocket dimension as of now, as I'm guessing hawks aren't allowed in bars. Just letting you know for when we hit the road
    Totally fine by me.

Will catch up on IC when I get home for work.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #42

BardGirl

Can it show in Angred's face that she is somewhat offended? Could I roll insight for it? Otherwise, my passive is 15 since she has expertise in insight
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-15 at 07:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

She can tell if you want her to tell. Angred's first feeling was something like, "hey, you don't get to mourn and have flashbacks if I don't," but, you know, that's obviously mean and a bad thing to think in the first place.
    Nexusites, Angred, Dorothy.

14. - Top - End - #44

BardGirl

Being the seasoned merchant/businesswoman that she is, Kula-Tai is sensitive to people's emotions and social cues. So if she caught on to your sentiment, being the utilitarian that she is, she would just want to iron out any adverse feelings that we can have towards one another before we leave. So if she senses tension, she would want to address it. Better morale means better cooperation means better odds of survival. Plus, I don't think it's mean; maybe a little harsh, but it stems from difference in character (pun intended). After all, our characters are four very different people who know nearly nothing about one another. We're bound to have disagreements sometimes!
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-15 at 08:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

To be clear, Mint tends to keep her thoughts to herself, hiding behind smiles and such. Not that she's unreadable by any means of course. ;>

16. - Top - End - #46

Good news! Xi and I are talking about stuff.
    Bad news! Xi and I are talking about stuff. ;P

Also, pertaining to stuff we're talking about, how comfortable are y'all with body horror? And anything we should avoid, to make sure the game stays fun?

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #47

This is a tricky question for me. I usually tend to stay away from horror media - however, I feel I'm more receptive to it in text vs. film.
    Spoiler: DESC OF GORE UNDER CUT
    Show
    - Dismemberment is fine
    - blood is fine
    - bones are fine
    - scars and disfigurement are usually okay if not too descriptive
    - flayed-skin is a no-go
    - internal organs are tricky territory; intestines are a no-go
    - comedic amounts of blood/gore (like you'd see in a C-tier horror film) are generally a no-go, aka no blood geysers or chunks of flesh everywhere (but some blood-splatter on skin/clothes is fine)
    - landscapes of gore are silly. I have no idea how I'd react to those - is it weird to say I'd be okay with them if they were typical alien-colored (green, purple, etc.) flesh caves?
    - acid/fire burns are fine (why acid? No reason in particular...)
    - In general, short, simple descriptions work the best for excessively brutal content

Spoiler: Other bounderies
    Show
    - depictions of discrimination based on race/gender/sexuality are topics that have been poorly implimented in a lot of games I've played in the past, so I don't really enjoy campaigns centered around those concepts. Though if a player really wants their personal journey to be about overcoming one or more of these, I could go for it - apologies to NiKkatsu if this was something they were interested in, as I think I shot it down when mentioned - that should be your choice.
    - Okay with fading-to-black for sex scenes - nothing nonconsentual though

Additionally, maybe we can consider safety tools to use when needed, though I'm unsure of how to apply them in a text game... maybe just saying "Can we cut to black on X specifically?" Or "Nope - I really don't want to see X happen in any capacity" can work?

EDIT: Oh, and I'm totally fine with moving onto the next scene - though it looks like some players wanted to have a longer discussion, which I'm also cool with.
    Last edited by Angsty Anubite; 2021-04-16 at 06:44 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Also, pertaining to stuff we're talking about, how comfortable are y'all with body horror? And anything we should avoid, to make sure the game stays fun?
    I'm completely comfortable with this, it's even a trope I enjoy (I love Cronenberg's movies!), but I will defer to others' levels of comfortableness

depictions of discrimination based on race/gender/sexuality are topics that have been poorly implimented in a lot of games I've played in the past, so I don't really enjoy campaigns centered around those concepts. Though if a player really wants their personal journey to be about overcoming one or more of these, I could go for it - apologies to NiKkatsu if this was something they were interested in, as I think I shot it down when mentioned - that should be your choice.
    Nah. Wasn't really about her journey. This part of her journey was already behind her and never was such a big deal after all. In her story it says she already had proven herself to her dad and was very close to the man by now.
    Otherwise, I asked about same sex marriage for her uncles. Again, it was a minor detail and not really central to her story. And them being gay was never a big problem for the rest of the family.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm totally fine with moving onto the next scene - though it looks like some players wanted to have a longer discussion, which I'm also cool with.
    I understand that we can't always role play as much as we want in Pbp. Let's just move on. Don't want to take two days of your time just to have some drama between our characters. I'm fine to move on, too.

19. - Top - End - #49

Oki. If we get one more vote to move on, onward we shall move!

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Iím comfortable with most themes as long as theyíre handled respectfully. Gore is fine for me as long as itís not like, more graphic than an Alien/Predator movie. Iíd say something like the Resident Evil series is about my threshold before getting unsettled.

I trust people in this forum to handle gender and sexuality appropriately. Iím a lesbian and my characters tend to be, and I sorta assume itís a given that things like that are not a problem for people anymore.

We can move on! I was gonna ask if Noemi was comfortable with people touching her, because if she was, Mint would likely have tried to reassure her by touching her arm or something. :>

21. - Top - End - #51

Iím comfortable with most themes as long as theyíre handled respectfully. Gore is fine for me as long as itís not like, more graphic than an Alien/Predator movie. Iíd say something like the Resident Evil series is about my threshold before getting unsettled.

I trust people in this forum to handle gender and sexuality appropriately. Iím a lesbian and my characters tend to be, and I sorta assume itís a given that things like that are not a problem for people anymore.

We can move on! I was gonna ask if Noemi was comfortable with people touching her, because if she was, Mint would likely have tried to reassure her by touching her arm or something. :>
    Less gore and more... Eldritch weirdness with bodies, is what Xi and I are thinking. But glad to know we can get dark! If at any point something DOES cross a line, let us know, and we'll edit/retcon/whatever's needed to make it right.

As for being lesbian, Xi's transgender (as you can see by her gender marker) and while I might be a boring ol' straight cisgender guy, I've absolutely zero issues with people loving who they love, whether that be in the game or in your real life.

Also, while I do want to keep this game on the Playground, I think a Discord Server for an OOC area might be a good idea? How do y'all feel about that?

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Thatís all great to hear!

As for discord, Iím fine with that if the others are. Itís my main social platform.

23. - Top - End - #53

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Nah. Wasn't really about her journey. This part of her journey was already behind her and never was such a big deal after all. In her story it says she already had proven herself to her dad and was very close to the man by now.
    Otherwise, I asked about same sex marriage for her uncles. Again, it was a minor detail and not really central to her story. And them being gay was never a big problem for the rest of the family.
    Sounds good! I like the idea of a family that have learned to toss aside their biases.
    You may pat the owl, yes.

25. - Top - End - #55

Mintís survival check with Noemiís assistance:

(1d20+7)[17]
    (1d20+7)[20]

26. - Top - End - #56

Simple Survival check. Anyone can attempt this, but you cannot use Help on it.

Spoiler: Survival DC 8
    Show
    You remember your north, and are able to figure out which directions the tunnel is going in.

To the right, it's heading for Discovery City.
    To the left, it's heading away.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #57

BardGirl

Survival
    (1d20+1)[3]

edit: ''These tunnels have a pretty nice ceiling'' Thought Kula-Tai
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-18 at 10:27 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Survival
    (1d20+7)[19]

29. - Top - End - #59

Noemi raises a lit torch and inspects the cavern walls.

Survival
    (1d20+5)[15]

30. - Top - End - #60

Mint lifts her into the air since they reached a wider part of the cave, giving her advantage.

Survival
    (1d20+5)[19]