New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy [IC]

OOC Thread

Discovery City is recovering. It'll take time... But the city survived. In no small part due to the bravery of the many soldiers and warriors of the city, not the least of which are you four.

You're in Punk's Paradise-a tavern that sees many esoteric and interesting musical performances. But it's quiet today-being near the western edge of the city, people are nervous to go that far. The man serving the drinks, a portly dwarf by the name of Orin, sets your glasses down. "Here you go-on the house, for some of the saviors of the city."

You give him your thanks, and he heads back to his spot. But now, it's time to talk business.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-04-14 at 09:05 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy [IC]

Kula-Tai Skärthena
    AC: 12 | HP: 36/36 | HIT DICE: 4d6+16
    Speed:
    25ft | Initiative: +2
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15
    Conditions: ---

Kula-Tai Skärthena was a hardy dwarven woman. She wore simple traveling clothes and her long, wild hair was woven into a tight braid. When the man arrived with drinks on the house, she was deeply concentrated and accepted the gift with but a slight nod, her eyes never leaving the maps sprawled over the table. Right now she seemed a little flustered, her brow was furrowed and her tongue was poking out slightly between her lips. She was going distractedly over the maps of the region for the hundredth time, but she was so lost in her thoughts that she was hardly paying any attention to what lay before her. She just couldn't believe that she was leaving Discovery City and she kept going through the inventory of things she was bringing along in her head. The nagging feeling she was forgetting something just couldn't leave her - hadn't left her for days. 'Spellbook, parchment, quills, parchment... No, no. I already said parchment... Um, Spellbook, parchment, quill, ink bottle...'
    She let out a deep sigh and took a swig of her ale. She looked up at the others, deciding she already knew that nothing was missing. If Kula-Tai was anything, it was a meticulous planner. Actually, her bags had been ready for days now and she had gone through them several time. She just needed to relax...

'Alright... 'Tis a pleasure to finally be 'ere with all ya fine lasses. Well, I mean, uh, no, 'tis no' a pleasure because o' the... Oh! Not-not because of y'all. Y'all seem like great company I-I jus' meant, like, ya know, 'cause o' the context, the um... the Krawlers, ya know...'

She blushes and clears her throat before continuing...

'Right, so, er... Miss Noemi, yer-yer the one who be'er knows 'er way aroun', I s'pose? Care ta point us in the right way? Or Angred or Mint, if yer 'ave any ideers, go 'head, too, of course...'
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-16 at 10:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler: Mint, Art Reference
    Show
    Aromage Mint
    AC: 16 | HP: 27/27 |HIT DICE: 4d8+4
    Speed: 30ft | Initiative: +3
    Passive Perception: 17 | Passive Insight: 17

Mint lounged at the table, having taken some time to peruse the maps that Kula had laid out for them, she was now clutching the mug she'd been offered with both hands, eyes closed like a content cat while she listened to the others. A faint floral scent accompanied the slight woman, her loosely braided curtain of hair was swung over one shoulder so that she could manage it easier while she drank. It was no surprise of course, being an Aromage, that the smell of flowers seemed to follow her everywhere, and coupled with her generally pleasant disposition, seemed to aid her in reaching out and gathering appropriately skilled people for this little expedition. Her work done on that front, Mint had largely been happy to remain fairly quiet thus far, apart from a "thank you," and a gentle hum of gratitude for the free refreshments. That was, until Kula spoke up, and the druid opened her eyes and smiled.

"It -is- really nice to see you again, Kula, I'm happy for the chance to work with you, considering how little we'd been able to speak while all the fighting was going on."
    Her gaze settled fondly on the others, "as for what we do now that we're together? I'm not the best planner, so I defer to all of your expertise, mm? Pick a direction, and I'll support it." She took a moment to sip her drink, careful not to rest the mug back on top of the maps. She spoke softly, something that Noemi would be accustomed to, with something of a wistful, dreamy quality. Her eyes fell on the smallest of their quartet, curious what she might say.
    Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-14 at 12:43 PM.
    <3 If you can't be anything else, be kind. <3

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Angred, the 2-meter-tall dragon maid complete with apron, folds in her wings and tail as tightly as they'll go and bows to Orin in appreciation. They relax again as she sits sideways in her chair and gets back to business. The only paper she brought was a rough plan for the memorial garden that she's been working on, a topic somewhere further down today's agenda.

"So, right now we're still investigating, right? I think you said the Shepherds were investigating disappearances you thought were related. Let's start with those." She takes a big drink from her glass as she leans over to see the maps. It's just cold water. She's always preferred it over tea and wine. She points to a couple of areas with a heavily-gloved finger. "So, Easterly Place was on the East side, and you've been camping out... hereish?"

5. - Top - End - #5

Noemi
    AC: 18 | HP: 32/32 | HIT DICE: 4d10+4
    Speed:
    30ft | Initiative: +4
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13

With a flap of her wings, all 2"3' of Noemi land on the table with a thud, her weapons, arrows and all sorts of equipment causing her pack to clatter against her brass-colored armor. Her helmet tilts to stares down at the map, and she paces back and forth a few times, the table creaking under her weight.

"Hm." Her voice is light and airy, and her throat puffs out when she speaks. "Yes. We met them here, though." A talon points half a mile away from the campsite. "Heavily forested. Well. Used to be."

She stares at it a moment longer, then traces her yellow eyes along the rest of the party. "Krawler activity has been scarce. But the ground still shifts. Don't let your guard down once we reach the forests. We heard the Krawlers coming - but not all of them. Some of them lay beneath the soil. Waiting. That's how they got us.

"Stay close. Watch the earth. Walk on stone when you can. Speak in low tones. Eyes and joints are weak spots. If I say run - run."

6. - Top - End - #6

Flumph

Kula-Tai Skärthena
    AC: 12 (19) | HP: 36/36 | HIT DICE: 4d6+16
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15

Kula already felt herself somewhat more at ease. All of her companions seemed confident and reliable and that felt good; not to mention that the smell in the air around Mint was quite soothing, too. Quill in hand, trusty ink bottle nearby, she was already taking notes as Noemi spoke: ''Hides. in. earth. uh-huh. Eyes and joints are weak, got it...'' She closes her notebook with a thump as the avian woman ends her tirade:
    ''Them Krawlers are tunnelers, aye? Could it be feasible ta' find their tunnels? They mus' leave sumt'in' behind that we can use...''
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-17 at 09:29 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Aromage Mint
    Speed: 30ft | Initiatives: +3
    Passive Perception: 17 | Passive Insight:i 17

Mint watched quietly as Noemi ascended the table, enjoying the novelty of looking up at the smaller woman while she spoke. Her eyes settled then on the map once more, head canting curiously as she considered the possibilities.

"Don't worry, Noemi, we'll be careful, right everyone? No sense in trying to defeat every last one of them with just the four of us afterall." She smiled around the table then, though her thoughts were troubled by memories of the attack. It had taken many score more of their numbers to repel the Krawlers then, and had cost no small number of people dearly. Mint considered herself one of the lucky ones in this case, but even she remembered the empty gaze of one of her fallen sisters slain in the street, how she'd not had the time to offer her rites while the danger was so close. She hoped to never have to feel that way again. Her expression grew wistful.

"Mm mm, I could see the wisdom in following the tunnels, though I think we'd be welcoming getting trapped underground, we'll just have to be clever about how we do it." Her head bobbed agreeably.
    Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-26 at 09:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Noemi
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13

Noemi's face fell at Mint's comment. "... Correct. This is a reconnaissance mission. We'll avoid engaging with groups. Though, if you have to pick targets, lone bugs draw less attention."

"As for the tunnels. Might be too small. For tall-folk, at least." She nods to Mint and Angred. "There could be larger tunnels, with larger bugs. But the ones we saw - I saw - they weren't as big as the rest. They didn't need to be."

The owlfolk falls silent, her talons digging into the table.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmm." Angred is somehow offended - everyone in this tavern has lost friends to these monsters - but she reminds herself to be nice about it. After all, Noemi has done far more work tracking them than anyone else so far. "So, I guess that's the plan! We head to the forest and see if we can find any tunnel entrances. Anything we can find is another step toward locating whatever passes for their nest, even if we can't actually go in without digging it up."

10. - Top - End - #10

Orin stops by, refilling your glasses as needed.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you're ready to go, just declare that here or in the OOC. Xi or I will move on ahead.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #11

You finalize your plans, and stow the maps away. Before you go, you wave Orin over, thanking him and letting him know you're heading out. He's cleaning the table as you go.

Heading out for the ruined walls of Discovery City's west side, you alert the guards so they know to expect you back, even if you're not sure exactly when.

The woods stretch out before you all-with Krawlers lurking within, though you know not where.

Show
    Right, let's get some checks in order.

General rule-no more than two people can work on a group check for stuff like this. So you can either have two people attempt their own check, or one person with advantage from Help (if applicable). Guidance and such can be applied by anyone, though.

Survival is, I think, the most appropriate check for now. If you've got another check you'd like to make, feel free to explain why, but right now (unless I've horribly misunderstood y'all) you're attempting to track down Krawler lairs, which would fall under Survival.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Flumph

Kula-Tai Skärthena & Hawkins
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15
    Conditions: force breastplate, shield equipped, force ward 11/11

As they arrive before the forest, Kula-Tai straps her shield to her left arm before reciting the familiar words of her family's iconic spell: Skärthena's force breastplate. As she completes the chanting, the lock pattern on her shield subtly shifts, as though unlocking, and a wispy breastplate made of green force energy materializes around her body. An intricately designed shimmering golden key adorns the center of the spectral armor, appearing somewhat more solid than the rest of the plating around it. Finally, she raises her shield and a silver feathered hawk flies out, landing gently on the dwarve's shoulder. They look at each other for a few seconds before the raptor nods and flies away above the forest.
    '''awkins says 'ulo to the lot o' ya! Seems glad 'e could tag along. Ya' know, we 'aven' known each o'er fer long, now, 'im an' I. Anyways, 'e says 'e'll go do some recon while we get ready. Should we set up a camp before we enter or are we ready ta go? We can en'er, no problem. 'awkins'll find us.''

Spoiler: Master Hawkins
    Show
    Kula and her familiar can talk telepathically, so she told him to fly over the forest, cover as much ground as possible and tell us if he sees anything coming our way or, alternatively, if he spots any krawlers walking around - basically anything out of the ordinary that we would like to know about - and report back if he does. He has +5 to perception, so a 15 passive; but he is searching actively. As a hawk, he has advantage on all sight based perception checks

Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-19 at 05:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Aromage Mint

As the small group made their way towards the forest, Mint seemed to relax some despite the perilous circumstances. It was difficult for her not to be soothed by a more natural environment. She seemed content to drift at the back of the group, not much more than a shield and a knapsack slung over one shoulder while she gazed about idly for threats. When they paused, she regarded the bird with a bright smile.

”Why Master Hawkins, I think that would be most helpful.” Her dreamy gaze fell to Kula first, “A small camp might be wise, but if we need to move further into cover first, I’m certain Noemi and I can put something together for us. These woods are rather generous with food and water too, despite these invaders.” Mint hummed knowingly, resting her palm on a bush nearby, producing a little purple flower with her druidcraft.

As before though, I will bow to the group, mm? Especially when all of your safety is concerned.”
    Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-26 at 09:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Noemi
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13

"Far too early to camp. Should be quicker travel with less foliage, though."

Noemi flaps her way up to one of the few trees that weren't knocked down in the initial wave and stares out over the ruined forest, watching the hawk's path across the sky. After a moment, she flies back to the group.

"There's a hill not too far from here. Defensible position. We can reach it by sundown."

Her head swivels to focus on the back of the group. "You should be up front with me, Mint. You know these woods as well as I. If not more."

Spoiler: Nature buddies
    Show
    Noemi will perform the Aid Another action to boost Mint's Survival check, flying ahead and back to the group regularly and confirming the terrain with Mint.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Noemi flapped her wings powerfully onto the fallen leaves and bark that had scattered about the ruined forests, moving aside the clutter and allowing Mint to see tracks stabbed into the ground by a Krawler's sharp legs. Following the tracks, she led the group toward the hill by about a quarter mile before the tracks suddenly veered... down. Into a thin tunnel scarcely visible through the smashed-up trees that had fallen over it.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Angred watches everyone from the back with her hands behind her head, enjoying the opportunity to stretch and walk around.

"That's promising!" She goes ahead and starts clearing the brush from the hole that Noemi and Mint turned up. Fallen trees are really no big deal. "Still, too small for me unless someone brings me in the censer, which is a bad idea. Does it really just go straight down?"

17. - Top - End - #17

Noemi
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13

"We're about to find out."

Noemi takes a bundle of rope from her pack (so large it obscures most of her body) and holds up one end to whomever wants to grab it (presumably Angred), then moves to go down the hole.

18. - Top - End - #18

Flumph

Kula-Tai Skärthena
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15

''Wait, miss Noemi! Ya canna' go in there alone...I-I wouldn' allow fer it - too danj'rous, aye? Look: If we clear this tree blockin' up the entrance we can make it large 'nough fer the lot of us, methinks... Angred, would ya be so kind? If it's too heavy fer ya, I can prob'ly conjure sumt'in up to, er, lend us a hand, so ta speak.''
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-19 at 05:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Aromage Mint

Mint hummed softly, finger tapping her lips in thought. “Barring that, I could join you as something considerably smaller, Noemi. Just in case it isn’t safe.”
    Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-26 at 09:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

The tree isn't a massive one-moving it is eminently possible, if not exactly easy.

Show
    Strength check! Results will be as follows:

0 or less: Cannot move it.
    1-4: Takes you three hours.
    5-8: Takes you two hours.
    9-12: Takes you one and a half hours.
    13-16: Takes you forty five minutes.
    17-20: Takes you twenty minutes.
    21+: Takes you ten minutes.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Noemi
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13

Noemi pauses for a moment, then flicks one of her talons at the dirt near the hole. There is a scattering of leaves and dirt as mold earth takes effect, widening the entrance.

"I'll lead. Let's move."
    Last edited by SpeedWitch; 2021-04-17 at 05:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

With Noemi at the front, the group trekked through the tunnels, occasionally having to crawl or move the earth again where the tunnel had collapsed from disuse. Based on the decay, the tunnel was dug as part of the krawlers' retreat, and was not permanent.
    After about an hour, however, they entered a wider, stronger, more symmetrical tunnel, veering off sharply to the right and slightly to the left.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

23. - Top - End - #23

Aromage Mint

Mint moved along the roughly carved corridor at Noemi's side, a tight squeeze in all likelihood for everyone but the Owlfolk woman. Still, the Aromage seemed to be doing well enough. Likely a trick of the light, but she almost seemed to shrink closer to Kula's height as they moved through. Her hand slid along the tunneled out dirt wall, using it as a means to keep her bearings as the group moved along. Her vision was lacking, so it helped to guide her along.

When they reached the fork, Mint canted her head thoughtfully as she considered the directions they were walking in. After a pause she spoke in her dreamy voice, "mm mm, right will lead us in the direction of the city, left will take us away. One would think if the Krawlers had a nest it would likely be further out, so... left? Does that work for you three?" She shifted to prop her staff against her shoulder, pulling her braid over the other so she could fuss with it some. "I should mention- I can't see down here unaided, unless I were to take on another form. I'll try not to get in the way."
    Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-26 at 09:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Noemi examines the ground and even hears a faint robotic hum... the fresher tracks are going to the tunnel heading sharply right.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, right!" Between her own magical night vision and the fact that she had always had someone else to deal with indoor lighting her whole life, Angred had pretty much forgotten how darkness worked. "Okay, so, I'll try not to block out your light either."

She's taking for granted that the group is going Left at this point, depending on what Noemi makes of the tracks. If one of them is heading in the direction of the city, Angred would probably want to nip that in the bud.

26. - Top - End - #26

Noemi
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13

After lighting a torch (for Mint's sake) Noemi stares off to the right, tilting her head. "Krawler down there... think there's only one."

She looks off towards the left. "Quiet that way. Looks like they just came through. We can go deeper in - don't know when we'll surface, though."
    Last edited by SpeedWitch; 2021-04-19 at 05:22 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Flumph

Kula-Tai Skärthena
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15

''No point goin' back t'wards the Ci'y. I say we push deeper t'wards the lair... but don' ye think yer torch might alert the damn clankers? Seems a wee bit unwise ta light that now... Who cannae see down 'ere, eh? Mint, Miss Noemie? Angred could prob'ly carry ya! I-I mean, if she don' mind, of course''
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-19 at 05:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Aromage Mint

Mint canted her head again, a smile playing on her lips. "I believe I'm the only one who can't see. I'll be fine if we extinguish the torch, provided someone is willing to offer me a hand?" She shifted, offering her hand out if anyone wanted to take it, "though if anything happens, I'm happy to be carried if necessary." She took a look around one more time in case the torch was put out. "I don't like the idea of one of them being behind us, though I think left is still better if we're trying to find a nest. We'll just have to be cautious."
    Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-26 at 09:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Noemi
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13

Noemi wordlessly takes Mint's hand and sticks her torch in the dirt, extinguishing it.

"Left it is, then."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

"So, you don't think it's a problem that one krawler is headed towards the city? I guess just one doesn't really constitute an attack," Angred thinks aloud. "I also don't know how quickly we can light a new torch if it turns around and catches up with us... but, if you're okay with it, I guess it's fine?"

Angred isn't amazing at stealth, but at least she's self-aware enough to realize it; she lets the scout types take point and follows their lead.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-04-19 at 08:56 PM.