New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy [IC]

The merry team of adventurers moved down the tunnels with a healthy amount of handholding and joy.
    It was perhaps ironic, perhaps apt that Mint was the first one to notice what was ahead: light. A single circle of red light. Then the whole team heard it hum.

Spoiler: You are facing
    Show

One of those.

Oh and initiative (1d20)[19]
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Kula-Tai Skärthena
    AC: 12 (19) | HP: 36/36 | HIT DICE: 4d6+16
    Speed:
    25ft | Initiative: +2
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15
    Conditions: force breastplate, shield equipped, force ward 11/11

Kula thought she knew what she was signing up for when she left Discovery City, and she thought that she could keep a level head against the krawlers... but at the sight of the bug hanging on the wall she felt a knot in her stomach. She felt completely unprepared. She felt rage boiling inside of her as all the the pain and the grief came flooding back into her. She could see the bodies laying in the streets... all of the lives lost... these things, killing indiscriminately, children, the elderly, men and women...

As the thoughts overwhelm her, Kula loses it... tears come rolling down her cheeks as she chants eldritch words of power, slamming her shield against the ground. As the sound of the metal against the hard floor rings through the air, the earth churns in a straight path towards the thing, then up the wall, where a large hand, almost the size of the krawler (OoC: assuming it's medium?) erupts in a burst of stone and grit next to the thing. Kula-Tai Skärthena grasps the air before her with a crushing motion and the earthen hand does the same, grasping for the creature, hoping to squeeze the life out of it. Throwing caution to the wind she steps towards the creature, positioning herself in melee range.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-20 at 07:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

A chittering noise came from the creature's core as the earthen hand struggled to seize onto its smooth metal shell. Its wings spread and the Mekkstrocious Insect beat its metal, heavy wings like a butterfly to fly directly at Kula-Tai. All six of the eyes on its wings glowed an angry red as it thrust the pointed portions of its abdomen into the druid.

The humming and chittering of the flying Krawler became echoed by four more of the cybernetic "voices" as from the tunnel ahead, one at a time, four more Krawlers came into view by their red glowing eyes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assuming a 21 hits, 7 piercing damage to Kula-Tai.

New Arrivals: One each of
    Spoiler: Images
    Show

Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-04-20 at 08:36 AM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #34

Flumph

Kula-Tai Skärthena
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15
    Conditions: force breastplate, shield equipped, force ward 4/11

Kula doesnt even flinch as the creature lunges towards her. The shimmering key pattern on her breastplate pulses and a golden field of force around the woman deflects the savage blow as if it was nothing. Raising her shield, she stands ready for the next attack, as her allies make their moves.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Force Ward blocked all that damage

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

Aromage Mint
    AC: 16 | HP: 27/27 |HIT DICE: 4d8+4
    Speed: 30ft | Initiatives: +3
    Passive Perception: 17 | Passive Insight:i 17
    Conditions: Symbiotic Entity - (16/16 Temp HP)

Mint was slower to move than her Dwarven companion. Her typically easygoing demeanor shifting into something more combat ready. Her shield raised slightly as the pollen and pheromones swirled around her in greater intensity, a sweet miasma that lashed out at the initial Krawler forcefully.

”More coming, Kula, watch your side!” She tapped her Aromage Staff against the floor, a soft pink light suffusing the blooms on the end and giving it an almost menacing quality. It was her job to keep these three safe, even if she hadn’t exactly told them that yet. She would make sure she was ready for what’s to come. She shifted to put herself next to the wall in case the Krawlers tried to surround her.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Mint uses her action to trigger Symbiotic Entity, gaining 16/16 Temporary hitpoints, improving her Halo of Spores damage, and granting her bonus damage on hit with her melee weapon. She then uses her Reaction to trigger a Constitution Save (DC: 15). The Krawler takes (2d4)[6] on a failed save. Lastly she moves and uses her Bonus Action to cast Shillelagh, and ends her turn.

Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-26 at 09:50 PM.
    <3 If you can't be anything else, be kind. <3

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Coming nearer, the red eye of the yellow, spider-like Krawler pulsed and a beam of power shot at Noemi.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmph! Grrr..."

The part of Angred's brain that makes proper words turns off, and the part responsible for hissing out the magic of winds and lizards turns on. As she rushes up to the laser-krawler to disrupt its range attacks, wisps of gray smoke waft from her censer and twist together into the form of a massive shovel in her hands.

Spoiler: ACTION
    Show
    I forgot to actually materialize her weapon before, so she's taking an action to do that. Her bonus action is to cast hex on the one that shot Noemi. It doesn't allow a save, so the yellow krawler has disadvantage on all Dex checks until it dies or Angred breaks concentration.

Also she moves up to it, since it clearly likes ranged attacks and if she can't attack yet she can at least make that difficult.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-04-20 at 03:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Noemi
    AC: 18 | HP: 32/32 | HIT DICE: 4d10+4
    Speed:
    30ft | Initiative: +4
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13
    Conditions: ---

Noemi's eyes dart around the krawlers before fixating on the one targeting her. She carefully takes out her bow, then leaps into the air, dodging the blast and letting loose an arrow aimed straight at the spider's eye, specks of silver and brass glitter off the arrow's tip as it travels.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move: Noemi flies 10ft straight up to the top of the cavern.
    Action: Noemi attacks the Krawler Spine:
    > (1d20+6)[19] to hit, (1d8+4)[10] piercing damage
    > If hit, expend one use of Favored Foe: increase damage by (1d4)[4]
    > If hit, activate Gathered Swarm
    Bonus Action:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

The arrow sailed straight and true and lodged itself right next to the light making up the Krawler's eye. Electricity spurted from its wound and the eye flickered. The Krawler Spine spasmed and nearly fell, but the flying Krawler with what looked like a chain trailing behind it (Glial) pulsed its own eye-beam into it, energizing the Krawler Spine. It shakily remained on its feet.

The more bronze/orange Krawler chittered as it ran forward, taking aim not at a person but the earthen fist of Kula-Tai's creation. With only a moment of aiming, it launched a beam from its eye into the earthen fist and shattered it, scattering it into dust.

Show
    Krawler Axon has moved 30 feet closer to get in between the team and the other Krawlers, at the spot that Angred is heading for. Anything change, Angred?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

The winged Krawler in the back stayed next to the Krawler Spine and moved like a mosquito, dipping in and out of the same orbit to be a difficult target.

The more spherical, beetle-like Krawler – Krawler Ranvier – scooted across the tunnels until it was in Noemi's face.

Show
    Glial dodges, Ranvier dashes. It's Kula-Tai. Oh and Angred can opportunity attack it.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Angred meets Axon in the middle of the tunnel, each preventing the other from getting any farther forward. A ball with legs tries to scoot by them, but finds itself running into the head of a shovel just as it materializes...

Spoiler: Opportunity attack!
    Show
    (1d20+6)[12]

...but just skitters aside before Angred can get a good swing at it.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-04-20 at 05:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Flumph

Kula-Tai Skärthena
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15

The brief flash of force seems to have put the Receptor off balance. Still teeming with anger, Kula lunges forward with a cry, taking advantage of the opening. With a few choice arcane words and a quick flicking motion, lightning suddenly bursts from her outstretched palm, attracted by the metal carapace of the thing before her.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    (1d20+5)[13] to hit
    with advantage because mostly metal (1d20+5)[15] to hit
    and if a hit it'll cause (1d8)[7] lightning damage

Also if a hit (since creature struck by shocking grasp can't take a reaction), Kula shall move 25 feet in the direction of Angred and then turn around in the direction of Mint and the receptor, putting the dragonborn and her back to back. If not a hit, she stays in melee with the receptor

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

The zapped and sapped Krawler spasmed under the lightning, several tiny explosions racking across its body. It tried to chitter, but its vocal component was fried and all that came out was an odd, loud static. It flew to the nearby, also flying Noemi and tried to stab her the same way it had done to Kula-Tai, but the owlfolk was too quick for it.

Show
    It's mint.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Aromage Mint
    Conditions: Symbiotic Entity - (7/16 Temp HP)

With the battle in full swing, Mint was watchful for any meaningful injury to her companions. Content that the Abjurer’s wards held out, she shifted close enough to let her pollen lash out at the Receptor again, hopefully punishing it for trying to attack Noemi. She advanced then, coming about ten feet shy of Angred’s position, eyes on the Spine beyond that seemed to at least be on its last legs. Her staff lifted and she aimed a swirling burst of soft pink light and churning petals...

Show
    Mint uses her reaction to force another DC: 15 Constitution Save on the Receptor, dealing (2d4)[4] on a failed save. She then moves 20ft forward if not threatened by an attack of opportunity, and uses Chill Touch on the Spine. (1d20+7)[20] and dealing (1d8)[3] if successful. Additionally, if the Spine is still standing, it can’t heal until Mint’s next turn.

When the spell hits, flowers and sap erupt from the injuries, hampering any rejuvenating energy that would otherwise be provided.
    Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-26 at 09:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

The living flesh inside the shell jolting with lightning of the Krawler Receptor shriveled and the bug collapsed on the ground, twitching still but unthreatening.
    The pink sank into the wound the Spine had already suffered and, in similar fashion, the Mekkstrocious Insect collapsed with a final torrent of chitters and shrieks.

Show
    It's Noemi.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Noemi
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13

Darting between Krawler Ranvier's attacks, Noemi sheathes her bow and casts primal savagery through her talons instead - green acid and silver flecks glistening in the air.

"Take down their healer!"

Show
    Free actions: Store bow.
    Action: casts primal savagery on Krawler Ranvier.
    > (1d20+5)[20] to attack.
    > If hit, deal (1d10)[1] acid damage.
    > If hit, activate Gathered Swarm; (1d6)[1] extra piercing damage dealt.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

The talons barely dented Ranvier as they bounced off.

The bronze, almost ant-shaped insect lifted a claw and scratched into Angred's uniform, its metal needles poking through the fabric to stab into the flesh between the Dragonmaid's scales.

Show
    Angred takes 8 slashing damage and it's her turn.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

[HP: 27/35]

"Hrgnn?"

Angred takes a bad moment to look for the healer Noemi is talking about. The axon tears into her, and in an instant she disintegrates into a cloud of crackling dust.

In another instant, the cloud strikes a bolt of lightning in the general direction of the flying enemy, and the bolt in turn materializes back into a dragonmaid, wings spread to hold her aloft and shovel already mid-swing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Action: Misty Step to get up to the flier that was healing stuff.

Attack: (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage?: (2d6+6)[14], 2 of which is thunder damage and the rest being Shovel-type damage.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Angred swung at Krawler Glial, but its evasive maneuvers took it away from her shovel and toward the main battle hovering over Krawler Axon.

Krawler Ranvier's eye glowed with power and a swift beeping sound came from its eye... then two beams shot out and hit the dead Krawlers – Receptor and Spine. Smoke billowed out from where the beams hit and when it cleared, both bodies were gone entirely.

Show
    Glial disengages, and Ranvier does... something else. Kula-Tai.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Flumph

Kula-Tai Skärthena
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15

Kula-Tai raises her shield arm, taking careful aim, and chants. Moisture in the air coalesces before the dwarf into a sharp looking shard of ice... That suddenly zips out towards Glial!

Spoiler: Ice Knife
    Show
    Kula aims her ice shard at Glial for [roll]1d20+5 [/roll] to hit and a (1d10)[8] damage. Then, hit or miss, both krawlers need to roll dex against 13 or take (2d6)[5]

21. - Top - End - #51

Flumph

Oups. (1d20+5)[25]

22. - Top - End - #52

Aromage Mint
    Conditions: Symbiotic Entity - (16/16 Temp HP)

Mint felt a note of satisfaction as the Krawlers began to fall, each one down meant less danger for the others to contend with. Her lips pursed worriedly when the Automaton disintegrated the fallen, uncertain what that might mean, but adrenaline was pumping, and the Aromage had work to do.

”Angred! I think they’re afraid of you!” She called, the compliment carrying the weight of a spell that would mend the Dragon Maid’s wound.

Her ability to attack the Glial was hampered somewhat, so she shifted forward to engage the Krawler Ranvier that was still attacking Noemi. Her pollen lashed out at the creature, even as she swung down with her staff to smash the creature like some fragrant floral mallet!

Show
    Mint starts her turn with a Bonus Action casting of Healing Word, healing Angred for (1d4+8)[11]. Afterwards she moves to stand at Noemi’s side, forcing a DC: 15 Constitution Save with her Reaction (2d4)[5] on a failure. Lastly she swings her Aromage Staff to attack the Ranvier, (1d20+7)[27] and dealing (1d8+5)[8] magic bludgeoning damage and an additional (1d6)[3] necrotic damage on a successful hit.

Bonk!
    Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-26 at 09:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

The ice shard embedded in the Glial's armor and then exploded, shattering into thousands of tiny frigid needles and hitting both the Glial and the Axon. The Glial spun in the air as its armor was rent open, a sizzling ooze gushing from the rent in its armor.

Almost immediately after, something crunched inside of the Ranvier as the ooze inside of the metal exoskeleton's sparks of life dulled under the life-draining assault of the Aromage. Its hums and clicks sputtered, replaced with static. But both Krawlers held their ground.

Show
    It's Noemi. Still only two Krawlers dead, no bodies.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Noemi
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    13 | Passive Insight 13

Noemi wasn't quite sure what happened to the krawlers that vanished, but if that was this thing's job, she wasn't going to let it carry on. She drew one of her shortswords and went for a flying-ram into the leg mechanism on the side of Krawler Ranvier.

"Get - out - of - my - face!"

Show
    Free actions: Draw shortsword.
    Action: attacks Krawler Ranvier with shortsword.
    > (1d20+6)[11] to attack.
    > If hit, deal (1d6+4)[10] piercing damage. (If crit, (1d6)[5] extra damage.)
    > If hit, activate Gathered Swarm; (1d6)[6] extra piercing damage dealt.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

The Krawlers, though dying, did not seem to feel fear. Glail dove down to flail its chain abdomen at the Dragonmaid, but it harmlessly bounced off of her scales. The ranvier had better luck, its multi-toothed drill-like mouth chewing through the Aromage before it's defenses and cutting partially into her calf.

Show
    9 piercing damage to Mint and it is Kula-Tai
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Noemi's encouragement is always welcome. The bots may not have any actual fear response, but Angred finds it invigorating anyway. She hisses out a barely-audible cuss in Draconic to curse the glial glider as she continues her aerial combo, intending to finish by pounding it into the tunnel floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus action: transfer the Hex to Glial

Attack! (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage! (2d6+4)[14] + 2 Thunder + 1d6 Curse

27. - Top - End - #57

Flumph

Kula-Tai Skärthena
    Speed:
    Passive Perception:
    11 | Passive Insight 15

Kula-Tai's anger rises at the sight of ranvier tearing into Mint's flesh. She closes the distance between them as fast as she can, casting another shocking grasp on the way. With righteous fury in her heart, she reaches out to zap the beast...

'Oy, why doncha' pick on somthin' yer own size, ya smolderin' pile of dragon dung!' she hisses at the thing.

Spoiler: Shocking Grasp
    Show
    so here goes a (1d20+5)[13] to hit (with advantage for metal so (1d20+5)[23]) and (1d8)[6] damage on a hit

Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-04-23 at 08:32 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

The Ranvier chittered dangerously as lightning made its (somewhat visible) green ooze bounce and fry and spill out faster. Its static went loud and urgent until a rejuvenating beam from Glial kept it somewhat stable. Almost at the same time as the beam, Angred stabbed through its weakened shell with the shovel and with a mighty heave threw the bug down to collapse on the tunnel floor with sparks traveling through a tunnel of ooze around it.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Aromage Mint
    Conditions: Symbiotic Entity - (7/16 Temp HP)

The blow to Mint’s leg looked bad, that is, until closer examination revealed that a crosshatching web of subtle glowing pink flower petals had softened the blow before it carved into the Aromage. Her eyes quickly scanned about with the flash of Kula’s electricity and the swing of Angred’s magical shovel she felt the tide turning.

”Thank you!” Came her dreamy voice as the Dwarven woman came to her aid. She tried once again to drain the vitality from the Ranvier with her pollen. As the Ranvier fell, she hopped over it and raced towards the Axon then, hefting her glowing Aromage staff to swing into the Krawler.

Show
    Mint takes 9 damage to her Temporary HP, before using her reaction to trigger a Constitution Save from the Ranvier, dealing (2d4)[7] on a failed save. She then attempts to hit the Axon with her Shillelagh for good measure (1d20+7)[23] and dealing (1d8+5)[11] plus (1d6)[4] necrotic damage if she hits.

Crack! She swung the bat!
    Last edited by Junbug; 2021-04-26 at 09:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Mint drained the Ranvier of its last spark, leaving it cold and dead on the tunnel floor. She then shoved her staff into the eye of the Axon and the glow in the creature dimmed. The last of the Krawlers collapsed.

Show
    Initiative end.
    Show