Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

Sirthis woke up into the acid and as he felt it scratch at him, ferrets covering him to push the elements away... Sirthis went "**** this" and Healed himself up in the acid, his throat be damned- he had his children to come back to. It was no time to whine about some acid.

Eris meanwhile chased after Demogorgon, ramming Black Ice into his back "Wrong enemy to focus on you baffoon!" she taunted him, hoping to attract his attention back to her.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Sirthis Heals for 91 hp, running out of level 6 and 7 slots. He has now no way to go home.
    And tries to stab Demogorgon but to no avail (whip, not stab).

Eris charge!
    32 to hit, 24+9 slashing+hellfire
    27 to hit, 21+9 slashing+hellfire
    31 to hit, 22+10 slashing+hellfire
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Percy Jackson Mafia Game currently recruiting!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis was left in the acid as Demogorgon vanished yet again.
    Mávro held onto crackling energy, looking around for the Demon prince.
    From out in the darkness where Malyanna's illusion did not spread to, the Demon Prince's voice boomed.
    "The time has come to repay a favor! Eltab!"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Eltab
    Show

Roaring, the demon lord the Drow had awakened fell into sight, lit up in pale blue flame... not his. As fighting within the grasp of the demon lord was a half-nymph in black armor, with winter blue skin and Bitter Edge lodged into the arm clenched around him. Lighting up his armor was the pale blue fire Leff had adorned it with so long ago.
    "Winter has followed you home, Demogorgon!" The Prince of Frost declared. "You now face my Bitter Edge!"

Demogorgon was out of range, even though they could now see him by the light of the Prince of Frost's armor. So Malyanna reshaped their roughly 120-by-120 space into a long solid meadow to stand in with adamantine defenses put up. Sirthis was no longer in acid. She then flew her Peryton nearer the action.

Marű took a moment to assess the situation, and then a giant eagle appeared in front of Eris and Sirthis to get them over to Demogorgon and the fighting. Anaweir frowned, then got off of Peggy, floating to the ground. "The spell will take me a full minute. I should get started now, he cannot interfere until the end. Well, except by killing me. Kill him before that?" And she began chanting out in deep speech.

Demogorgon stepped up to the Prince of Frost. "You're going to regret hitching a ride with him." And his tentacles beat down on the Prince of Frost, cracking his armor and beating dents in flesh. But the Prince only laughed, as chill winds blew from each wound surrounding him and the demons in a raging blizzard, freezing the brine under them solid and making solid ground over the entire battlefield. "It seems no matter how much lesser beings scream... the blizzard howls louder."

Leff put another jolt into Sirthis and got Aklah to fly her and Mávro close enough for the Warlock's beams to hit Demogorgon.
    Well, "hit."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sirthis healz (2d6+5)[16]

Oh and sorry for lying I wanted you to feel excited.
    Show
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

"Who-hoo! Cavalry! Not that we were losing" Sirthis waved his arms up in the air excitedly then thought about it and went "Right, spellcasting. Stelus, try not to need healing too soon?" he took up a hand mirror that started shining bright- the light magnified, illuminating the darkness as if day and forming a giant wall that cut through Demogorgon and Eltab, sizzling their flesh.

Chocolate started flying somewhat slowly back to Sirthis.

Eris as soon as she was within range started wailing on Demogorgon "And now you face the combined might of a warlock and her Patron! Burn and freeze, Demon Prince!"

Show
    Bardic Inspiration and Wall of Light, positioned to burn Eltab and Demogorgon but not others. Should be doable given how big they are.

I assume they can't fail the save so 6 radiant damage- it'll become stronger as soon as they act, don't worry.

Eris will keep chipping away at the Demogorgon.
    33 to hit, 19+10+13 slashing+hellfire+radiant
    33 to hit, 17+12+10 slashing+hellfire+radiant
    Miss
    34 to hit, 19+5+10 slashing+hellfire+radiant

Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Percy Jackson Mafia Game currently recruiting!

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

Eltab punched into Stelus, who coughed up blood... then looked at the black blood of Demogorgon and smiled.
    "Demogorgon... I can't help but notice that you're full of blood." And in a second Demogorgon was totally frozen from the inside, unable to move, though his fiendish blood started to heat to a boil to begin fighting the effect. Stelus's blizzard flew from his core over Eltab and into Demogorgon, chilling them within his blizzard yet again. By then Demogorgon's left head could finally move and speak.
    "This cold... it shouldn't... it can't!"
    "You're in my blizzard, Demogorgon! Why should your puny resistances stave off the Grip of Winter? Look at me! I am part of the world's chaos! Nature made me. You are an abomination, forged intentionally. You think your chaos would overwhelm my own?"
    Eltab lifted Stelus up and brought him down on his own antler, impaling the already wounded Archfey through the chest.
    Stelus pointed Bitter Edge at Demogorgon, coughing more blood onto Eltab. "Eris... now. He's... close..." Stelus's eyes closed and he passed out there on Eltab's antler.
    Leff swooped in on Aklah and white fire leapt into Stelus. She then aimed her hands on Eltab. "Their cold resistance doesn't work?"
    Stelus nodded with the health he'd just gotten back.
    Blue flame erupted from Leff's hands, overtaking Eltab in a chilling inferno. The demon roared, then Bitter Edge sliced through the antler, cutting it off. Still impaled, Stelus stood tall on Eltab's head.

Show
    It's Eris and Sirthis. Demogorgon has taken 1402 damage.
    Last edited by Xihirli; Yesterday at 09:34 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

As the Demogorgon was stunned seeing himself frozen, seeing himself beaten as a being of Chaos, Eris beated her wings powerfully, Black Ice covered in orange and white flames- she roared a cry of war in Infernal and planted Black Ice right between Demogorgon's twin necks.
    "NOW BLACK ICE! NOW LUCIUS! GIVE ME ALL YOUR FIRE!" she roared and twisted the blade into the wounds as the fire ate through the demon prince's hide, tendons, muscles, bones. With a mighty effort she kicked her feet against the demon's chest and beated her wings to push herself down and inch by inch Black Ice started sinking, cutting through the demon's body as everything that could oppose resistance was being melted. Acid, fire, hellfire, moonlight, golden fire, force, ice... The body that had taken all that was finally breaking down, as everything around Black ice melted into a liquid slime that run down the Demogorgon's body.

Eris didn't stop. Panting, straining, she kept tearing the demon's mastodontic body apart as the flames kept spreading overtaking Demogorgon's chest, spreading to its limbs- the tentacles caught on fire, and soon their flailing stopped as they melted too off of the body and fell down with an heavy thunk- by the time Eris had gotten to the frozen ground she hadn't cut all of Demogorgon, he simply had melted from the Hellfire and Tanaquill's fire combined creating a lake of horribly smelling slime with the demon's two heads opening and closing their mouths in disbelief, in confusion... In fear.

"This" Eris heaved up Black Ice "Was a war of attrition... And you've ran out of gas" she swung the blade horizontaly and turned around, giving her back to it as the two heads exploded in Hellfire, casting Eris' shadow high on Eltab.
    "Your turn now"

Sirthis seeing the Demogorgon meeting his demise hurried by Stelus' side... Not too close to Eltab though. Make it some fifteen feet away.

Then he shone Sune's light, washing over him as Sirthis spoke a single sentence which brought the Prince of Frost relief.
    "Come on, Stelus. Let's both go home to Mab"

Show
    Yeah Attack, Frenzy, double Smite.

Sirthis is Blessed Lifing Stelus + a Healing Word, 90 hp recovered.
    Last edited by Valmark; Yesterday at 09:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

As Eris approached Demogorgon, he tried a final spell to escape, but –
    "No running. Let's keep this... close." And Demogorgon fell at Eris's hand.

Blood from Demogorgon pooled and drained into Black Ice, as though it were drinking it. And Eris heard a voice in her head. Wh... where am I? It asked in Infernal.

Leff was staring at Eris, and might have whistled if her mouth wasn't hanging open with drool coming out.
    Stelus, however, took advantage of Eltab's distraction to chop off his other antler.

Mávro aimed and fired into Eltab, with about the same success rate she'd had against Demogorgon. Malyanna and her Peryton touched down in front of Eltab, and triple beams from her punctured Eltab's lung, liver, and throat, pushing right into wounds Eltab had already sustained from the battle outside. Eltab fell, but Stelus stayed in the air because his hand was gripping Sirthis's.

Malyanna looked down at the demons, saddened. "We don't have much time before the other Demon Lords show up to take over. Obox–Ob's probably been waiting to unleash his armies this whole time. So... Sirthis... save as much Demogorgon parts as you can for me? I think I can make something you'll like with them." She pressed four fingers to her forehead, now gushing red ink from her spellscar, and closed her eyes. She took a breath, then four beams of red force split her skull open. The elf collapsed on her Peryton, dead. And a shard of her head fell to the ice beneath, clattering and breaking into red fire burning in the shape of her spellscar... it was spreading.

Marű looked to Anaweir, somewhat confused but mostly sad. "You... I..."
    "It's okay, Marű," Anaweir said between chants in Deep Speech. "I know. Promise to visit from time to time?"
    "As often as I can get the boy to take me."
    Anaweir smiled. "Yes... the boy... Sirthis Elvannin. It was an honor to fight by your side."

Show
    We are out of initiative. You have not a lot of time to get out of here.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis gasped when Malyanna blew herself up, but shook it off- she was counting on him to be brought back, like hell he was going to disappoint her.

"You remembered me" Sirthis smiled with some pain at Anaweir "It was an honor for me too. As -one of- your healers I suggest you go with the flow when you see Scout- you'll understand soon" he flew with Stelus down next to Demogorgon's "body", opening his Bag of Holding.
    "Eris, can you pick Malyanna up?" he asked her, basically running the bag into the remnants of one of the baboon's heads to fill it up "Should be enough" filled it, he put it back closed and Sent through his Sune symbol.

Spoiler: To Tanaquill (mental)
    Show
    Demogorgon dead, so easy. Absolutely didn't almost die repeatedly. Everybody fine, you have like fifteen seconds to bring everybody out before Anaweir's done.

"Right, let's go. Syha'h li, come- I won't let Malyanna lose you. And I can bring her back" Sirthis tried calling the peryton while he squeezed Stelus' hand with a smile, walking to Leff with Briar and Chocolate- he stroked her mane while the butterdragon gripped him.

Eris flew down to Malyanna's corpse and lifted her above one shoulder "Gather around Leff and let's leave! Anaweir... Good fighting. Enjoy your rest! Don't make us worry anymore!" she called them- but her head made a double take when she realized the voice was somebody else. She looked down at Black Ice and her mind made 2+2.
    ...Lucius? You're in the Abyss. My name's Eris Lelahinn. We just killed Demogorgon and we gotta run, explaining more when at a safe place.
    She sheated the blade again.

She hurried by Leff's side, calling Aklah in. She coiled her tail around Leff's waist, stroking Aklah's neck with the free one.
    "Link hands everyone! Or as close as it gets!" she repeated that in Infernal for Mávro.

Eris finally had the time to notice Leff's mouth and leaned in to whisper at her ear "Focus, if you don't take us back we can't reward each other for a job well-done"
    Last edited by Valmark; Today at 03:04 AM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: From Tanaquill
    Show
    Very well, I'll pull everyone out to the Astral Sea and we'll all see you in a bit."

Leff looked down at Malyanna's... fire blood... and coughed. A low voice overtook her as she declared: "Ya uh'eog nafl'fhtagn!" But she shook her head, and put a hand to Eris's cheek to stabilize herself. "Sorry. I... I'm okay. Teleportation circle at the Winter Queen's palace?" She took Mávro and Stelus's hand, Eris's tail still coiled around her. The Peryton used its beak to nuzzle Malyanna's prone form then stood next to Sirthis and Marű so the druids could grip it on either side.
    Stelus was still holding Sirthis's hand, and took a breath. "Ma'aber..."
    The ceiling broke, and through it fell a great, many-eyed tar being landing next to Demogorgon's body. It moved to subsume the demon, but shattering a wall and leaping into its path came a massive hyena man, flail in hand. It stood in the tar being's way and cackled.
    Slithering out of the water and cracking through the ice, a purple naga woman wrapped her lower body around Yeenoghu's neck.

Erupting like a furnace next to them all, lit with hellfire, a man with dark purple skin arose to claim the Demogorgon's crown as well.

"Tazozah!"
    And as a portal of fire pulled them away, their last sight was Anaweir smiling over her shoulder at them as her body exploded, creating a portal from the blood... through which reality began to bend. They did not see much, but the screams of the Demon Lords followed them through the shift.

Spoiler: Arrivals
    Show

In a shower of sparks, they were at the teleportation circle at the Fortress of Frozen Tears.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis immediately Sent to Mab.

"Right, I would love to stay and party, but uh... There were some side effects when I healed you all. Aside from Stelus, I mean" he turned to the group "You'll be experiencing more then the average Sirthis-level of thirstiness in... I give it thirty seconds, at best. I suggest you find yourself a partner and a lone room before then if you don't want to pass the next hours in an awful way" he looked at Malyanna's corpse and the peryton, frowning "Right, I do have some duty first. I need to take her to the healer's room to have her corpse looked after until tomorrow" he picked her up, then realized he couldn't teleport with it.
    "Anything you need me for? I really need to hurry"

"That's... Ah... That's bad. For some of us. I don't think we can get Mávro home' she decided to not inquire about Marű "And... I need to rest" she suddenly leaned against a wall, stumbling momentarily.

Show
    Two levels of exhaustion.

Hey, you there...? I think you're my sword. Or inside my sword. Lucius, a warlock that made a pact with... Mefistofeles? Or whatever he's called?
    Eris wasn't clear how it worked, so tried just thinking that.
    Last edited by Valmark; Today at 07:53 AM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

"I will get her to the healers," Mávro promised, putting Malyanna on the Peryton. "Do not worry. I will be fine." Her eyes popped for a second and she swallowed. "I will manage," she corrected.

As Eris stumbled, Leff got under her arm so she could lean on her. "That's alright, don't worry. We don't have to..." Leff gasped. "Oh. Ah... well, let's get you lying down for now."

If you're feeling tired, I can pamper you.

Marű, still thinking about his dead friend, seemed very troubled as he just figured he would need to be far away from anyone at the moment, hobbling away.

Lucius... that... that was me. Why am... I don't have a body.

Stelus shook his head with a chuckle. "I will go check on mother and the battle."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

"Great, if that's the case I can leave" Sirthis held up his Sune's symbol.

Spoiler: To Tanaquill
    Show
    If you can, as soon as possible bring Mávro home? She's nymph-level magically horny and her girlfriend's back at House Lelahinn. Bye regardless.

Sirthis disappeared in a stream of roses, teleporting to the flower room.

Eris smiled at Leff and kissed her ear lightly whispering "Do whatever you desire"

I... It's becoming hard to think. You ran away from an archdevil, and... consumed your powers until you turned into a sword, from what I understand. You've awakened after using the sword to kill demons. I... Uhm... Sorry, I'll explain everything else in some hours. That battle took a lot out of me.

It wasn't actually the battle.