New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    "Uh- not a moment too soon" Sirthis noted, wondering if the watch being involved was just for organizing or if something happened to make them alert. Regardless, he led the way to Dahlia.
    Dahlia grabbed his arm and led him into the capitol building. "We need you to look over the decorations and tell us if they're up to your wife's standards," she said. She took him into a great ballroom with a chandalier lighting the whole place. Tapestries of chimeras and dragons had been placed, and a silver-plated chair was placed at one head of the table next to a plainer one.
    "How is this seat?"

It was a really nice room, and the floor had metal inlay depicting the creation of the sun by Selune along with the Triad under the sun – Torm atop a golden dragon, the bleeding Ilmater, and the one-handed Tyr holding his sword high.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

"I believe so- this is grand" Sirthis whistled looking around "Reminds me of the trone room with the tapestries and the floor. Of course with the difference that those in the Fortress are about Mab, but that's normal" he inspected the chair "It should be good- she likes silver items and silver decorations, among other things. And Mab will appreciate the symbolism too. Just a question" Sirthis looked down "I'm afraid I'm ignorant to who these gods are. I doubt they'd be anybody Mab dislikes but just in case, can you tell me about them?"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    How regal does the chair look? Obviously it won't measure up to Mab's throne but it should still look fit for such an esteemed guest.

Also Sirthis' ignorance is mostly to get an explanation about the Triad- especially Ilmater. He's one of those gods I've barely ever heard of.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Looks like a pretty good chair.

"Torm, Tyr, and Ilmater. The Triad of gods seeking to offer order for the humanoids to live in. Torm is a god of duty and devotion, Tyr a god of just war, and Ilmater is the god of personal sacrifice and selflessness."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-04-15 at 08:27 AM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis didn't say that this world of theirs sounded awfully boring.
    "Everything looks great then!" Sirthis clapped his hands "I'd be happy of inviting Mab here"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"Excellent. We should be starting up soon."

Speaking of, Delilah tapped on Eris and Leff's door.
    "Alright, tear yourselves apart long enough to get dressed, alright?"
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis tapped his earring.

Everything looks good. Small spoiler: the church of Sune got involved. And they are real lookers!

Show
    In case internet betrayed me Sirthis means 'attractive' with 'lookers'.

"Fiiiiine!" Eris giggled and gave Leff one last kiss before they had to get up "Let's get dressed"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-15 at 09:06 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Excellent. I'm visiting your family now. Your mother does not make particularly good tea.

Leff's eyes widened in betrayal as Eris stood up, but she got up as well. "Alright, alright," she grumbled, picking up the red dress Eris had gotten her the day before.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

But it's filled with affection for her daughter-in-law, I bet. Should I wait for you at Baldur's Gate's Circle?

"Mab's with my family right now" Sirthis said "They should be coming shortly, I figure"

Eris laughed and smacked Leff's buttocks playfully with her tail "Like you weren't dying to get dressed a few hours ago" she pointed out, getting her own- Eris struggled a bit with the laces behind, but had otherwise gotten better at wearing it now.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Splendid idea. And she was only looking at our daughter the whole time.

"That was... oh. Um, that was a few hours ago." Leff sat on the bed and gestured for Eris to come join her. "Come on, I'm going to braid your hair."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Alright then the issue is that Clephesia junior is too adorable and distracted her from the tea. Seeeeee?

"I'll go wait for her" Sirthis said, excusing himself to head back to the Circle.

"Everything to get us back there" Eris giggled again and sat down obediently next to Leff "Make sure to do a good job, I have a wife to impress, you know?" she turned the opposite way so that Leff had a better view of her hair.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll try not to disappoint her," Leff promised.

Within the hour, the Lelahinns were approaching the Capitol building along with Delilah, Mávro, Gina, Peggy and Petra. Leon had departed for his homeland already, Polly didn't enjoy parties like that, and Stacia had her own plans.
    Lionshield Zorne greeted them, Silverwings at his left and a human woman Eris hadn't met at his right. Presumably his wife.
    "I am pleased to see you. This banquet has quickly becom a more major event than originally planned, and it would not do to lose sight of the initial reason for putting it together."
    "Why the sudden importance?"
    "Apparently one of the Fairy Queens has decided to attend. I don't have all the details, but we're pulling out all the stops to ensure that she feels respected here."

When Mab appeared at the teleportation circle, she had some finer jewelry on than her standard, but was still primarily dressed for nursing.
    Celeste was holding Clephesia (the baby) while Clephesia (the child who is not a baby) craned her neck to look at her little green niece. Lasin and Cristoff were actually mostly staring at Clephesia (the baby) as well, but Sirthis's father became all business after he realized he was in Baldur's Gate now.
    Mab did not confine herself to this, and immediately kissed her husband. "I hope you have your pegasus. I was thinking of sending your family in ahead of us and making a dramatic entrance flying in from the clouds."
    Clephesia tapped Sirthis and whispered loudly enough for everyone to hear:
    "Why isn't Mab wearing all her clothes?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Eris chuckled "Sirthis must've invited Mab. The half-elf that came in at the last seconds with the dragon- he's married to her. And we've been allies of the Queens for a good while now" Eris explained then looked at the unknown "Eris and Leflabah Lelahinn, nice to meet you. You're mrs. Lionshield?" she asked then thought about it "I suddenly realize I never asked if Lionshield is a title or a surname"

Sirthis kissed Mab back, wrapping his arms around her- he wasn't being on being proper either.
    "Yup, I brought her and Alown" Sirthis nodded then chuckled at his sister "It's because of Clephesia- the younger one. Mab needs to nurse her and as such she's got an outfit that facilitates that" he explained "Otherwise it'd be a chore every time our daughter needs to eat"

Then he pulled his sister into an hug, gesturing for his family to join in- although his mother had her hands full and his father wasn't really the type, so it was mostly Cristoph. Who wasn't really the type either, but Sirthis could still try.
    "Missed you. Sorry, but last time I was here I didn't have enough time to make the trip back home- at least with the magic I had left"

Briar, Mab wants to make a great entrance and needs a mount worthy of rojalty. Feel up to the task?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-15 at 10:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"It's a title, bestowed upon Captain of the Watch. While I am no longer serving in that capacity, the title remains mine until I die," Zorne explained. "We do not have last names where my family is from."
    The lady curtsied to Eris and Leff. "Fluri Drin, at your service."
    "Shall we show you your seat?"

Alown flapped out of Sirthis's cape to join the family hug.
    "We've missed you too," Lasin said, briefly hugging the family. Celeste contented herself with kissing Sirthis's forehead. "Her green is coming in with a lovely shade. Are her cheeks always like this?" Celeste kissed Clephesia's rosy blush to show what she was talking about.
    "Yes – except when she needs to be burped, which is quite a helpful tool. Do you mind holding her for a bit while me and your son make a more dramatic entrance?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, please" Eris looped her arm around Leff's, ready to follow Zorne.

"I can already picture her adorable pouts" Sirthis smiled talking about his baby's cheeks "If you see an half-drow with a human daughter that looks about Cleph's age they're my friends. They wanted to see our daughter, I recall" literally everybody wanted to see her and Sirthis was bursting with pride.

Briar, come. It's time to have an entrance like at Titania's- only with Mab on too.

Chocolate, you remember the majestic entrance at Titania's court? We'll be doing the same thing.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Zorne led the procession into the great hall. "As you can see, we've redone our plans since hearing of our additional honored guest. Instead of a collection of tables we will be seating anyone who wishes to come outside where the main post-meal festivities will occur, with the heroes, their guests, and a few guests of the city inside the hall. Myself and a representative of the Council will be at this head, with you and your friends nearest me, and at the other head of the table we'll be seating the Queen."

Chocolate took his face out of Sirthis's coin purse. Hm? Oh, right! You need a rainbow!
    Briar descended from the skies with a triumphant whinny, practicing already.

"I'll keep an eye out," Celeste promised, giving her granddaughter another kiss. "We'll see you at the banquet."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"Hironically Mab tipically eats with all of her servants at a single table" Eris mused "We'll move outside afterwards then? Since the main activities are there?" she asked.

Sirthis gave his daughter a goodbye kiss on the cheek before waving his family off and helping Mab up on Briar.
    "Briar and Chocolate are ready" he told her then seemed to worry about something "Uh, maybe I shouldn't have Chocolate breath rainbow. If the Lelahinns brought the wyvern he might provoke her. Want to ride in the back?" Sirthis asked Mab regarding the position on Briar. He wasn't sure which one was more effective.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, we will have singing, drinking, dancing. Perhaps a pie fight depending on how many pies are eaten during dessert."

A watchwoman (not Dahlia) came in with a family of five half-drow, a drow woman, and a human man. Eris had met some of them before.
    "The Hadad family," she introduced them, and Delilah ran over to give her father and sisters hugs.
    "Da, Sarai, Hagar, Vashti, Rahab, Naomi: This is my daughter, Gina. Can you say hello?"
    Gina wrapped her arms around Petra for support. "Hi."
    Leander Hadad got down on one knee and offered the child a handshake. "It's nice to meet you, Gina."
    Gina just stared at him. The farmer gave her some space.
    Aklah whined at Eris.
    "I am sure there will be food soon," Mávro promised Aklah.

"I don't see a wyvern, let's do it," Mab said, looking down at an assembled crowd of people. She had opted to sit behind Sirthis, her arms wrapped around him and not too shyly feeling up and down his chest and stomach.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"Patience, Aklah" Eris said before greeting Delilah's family "Nice to meet you- I only know some of you so let me present ourselves. My name's Eris Lelahinn and this is my wife, Leflabah Lelahinn. Ishat and Aklah are our children" she presented them all in order, figuring Delilah would present Mávro.

Sirthis smiled.
    Chocolate, Briar, it's showtime.

He spurred the pegasus high up into the sky before flying down, aiming at a free spot in front of the audience- landing diagonal so that some people could see them from the front and some from the side.
    It would've been quite a lousy entrance if the crowd only saw Briar's back and some hair, after all.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"And this is Mávro," Delilah said. "She speaks Elvish and a few other languages but not this one. Me and her are together." She wrapped an arm around Mávro's waist. Mávro and the Hadads started talking in Elvish after exchanging greetings with the Lelahinns.
    A new family arrived. Leff and Eris recognized all of them but mostly Clephesia (the kid who was not a baby). Baby green Clephesia was being held by Sirthis's mom.
    Clephesia, the one who could run, ran up to Leff and started showing her where her stitches had been. "Dad took my stitches out but I still have the scars look!"
    "Um... yes, that's... nice?"
    "Yeah!" Clephesia looked over at Petra, still being held by Gina, and gasped. "Doggie!" And she ran over to help hug the dog.
    Gina shrank away, trying to keep Petra's body in between her and this excited child.

Briar swooped down and spread out her wings just before touching down, blocking out the sun for many of the onlookers to create a halo effect as Chocolate aimed into the crowd splurting colorful rainbows from his mouth.
    A few members of the Watch came forward and bowed respectfully. "We are honored to receive you, your Majesty."
    Mab poked Sirthis's ribs. "Hey, why don't we make them think I can't speak Common?" she suggested in Sylvan.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey Clephesia!" Eris waved intervining seeing the child distressed "She's Gina, Delilah's daughter, and the dog's Petra. Gina and Petra don't like sudden loud noises a lot so I'm sure she'll be happy to let you pet Petra if you calm down a bit" she explained lying a bit. Eris felt a bit awkward getting between them (not phisically, that'd scare one or both of them).
    "Petra, Gina, she's Sirthis' sister Clephesia. The funny druid from a couple days ago"

Yeah I know you have no issues Petra, but she's scaring Gina unknowingly so just back me up a bit.

Sirthis smiled down at the guards, getting down to help Mab get off.
    "She does not understand Toril's tongue- I will be happy to translate though" he said in Common before switching to Sylvan, looking at Mab "Polite greeting you perfectly heard. And yeah, let's"

Great job you two Sirthis told Chocolate and Briar.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Clephesia calmed down a bit and pet Petra carefully. "Hello, Doggie." Petra licked her face. She giggled. "I'm Cleph!" She said to Gina. "Is this your dog?"
    Gina nodded. "Eris gave her to me. She is love."
    I am love!

Chocolate preened while Briar posed dramatically again.
    "Will your menagerie be joining us in the dining hall, Majesty?" A watchman directed the question to Sirthis, though it seemed he assumed the Pegasus and Faerie Dragon were Mab's.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

You're love Eris smiled happily seeing the three starting to get along and stood, figuring they were going to be watched over by their respective families- she went to greet the rest of the Elvaninns.
    "Happy to see you again- and welcome. That's... Sirthis' and Mab's daughter right?" Eris figured the color was a good sign "Ahw, she's so pretty"

Sirthis turned to Mab "I'm proud to see that Chocolate and Briar can be mistaken as royal followers" he "translated" in Sylvan.

Briar, do you prefer to stay outside or come join us inside the building? I'll make sure to get you apples either way.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-15 at 02:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes! They named her after Clephesia," Celeste said. She held baby Clephesia out for Eris to see her. The baby slapped her on the nose.
    "She does that."

Is there celebration outside? Briar asked.
    Upon confirmation that there was, Briar said that she would like to be outside where she could spread her wings.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Eris chuckled "Maybe she'll grow up to be a fighter" she said, almost with a grin "Aklah raised her stinger at Leff when she was born, it's... Not actually the same thing I guess. But close!" no it really wasn't but Eris didn't have experience with humanoid babies. She backed away to not get hit again.

Sirthis nodded and turned to the guards "Briar, the pegasus, chose to stay outside. She'd love apples!"

Show
    Alown is currently with Sirthis' family or with him? Just double checking her position.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alown is in Sirthis's cape!

The watchman took the pegasus away with the promise of apples and Sirthis, Mab and Alown were led into a banquet hall that was filling up quite nicely. Lionshield Zorne approached and bowed respectfully. "Milady, we have prepared a seat for you," and he led them to the silver chair at one head of the table. Standing behind it with a smile was Raisa, her symbol of Sune displayed proudly over one sleeve. She looked right at Mab's chest and winked.
    "She reminds me of you," Mab said in Sylvan. "Have your family seated near us."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"Mab would like for my family to sit with us- and me too, of course" Sirthis explained, assuming there was no need to specify why. Then he went back to Sylvan with Mab "Yeah, I'm fairly confident you'll like Raisa. I know I do"

Eris looked quizically at Mab and Sirthis before approaching with a bow "Happy to see you, Queen Mab, Sirthis" she tried in bad Sylvan.

The queen speaks Common right? Or was I drunk for most of the time we were in the Feywild?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

She does. Maybe she just doesn't feel like it? Leff bowed as well.
    The Elvannins were seated around Mab, and with only a little bit of sadness Celeste gave the baby back to her mother. Mab kissed Clephesia a few times and frowned at her cheeks. The pink was muted. Mab sat Clephesia (the baby) up on her knee and started smacking her back, leaning her forward.
    Clephesia gasped. "Mommy, she's attacking the baby!"
    Celeste shook her head with an amused smile. "She's burping the baby. Little Clephesia can't burp on her own, she needs her mommy to help."

Meanwhile the other guests were seated, with Lionshield Zorne and, in fact, his replacement, Lionshield Tiq (who was in fact a human) at the other head. Wine (and for the children, apple juice) was poured, an entire deer was brought to Aklah, and venison, broccoli, fine cheeses, and fowl were all passed about the table so people could fill their plates.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis chuckled "Yup. Relliss does the same- I'd guess our parents did it for us too" he chuckled "It's funny to think of a tiny Mab that gets hit because she needs help with burps, isn't it?" he smiled at his wife who totally didn't get Common.
    "Can I have some apple juice for Alown Rissen Gauder Sad Rescher Campannin too?" Sirthis asked showing the bat hidden inside his cape, unnecessarily saying the whole name.
    He figured Raisa would feed Mab, so he started filling up his own plate with mostly fowl and venison.

Eris meanwhile filled her plate with a little bit of everything, sneaking a kiss on Leff's cheek.
    "You're gorgeous, have I already told you that?" she whispered, looking more at her wife then at the plate.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Raisa made Mab's plate while simultaneously going on about the Queen's beauty and how adorable Clephesia was, right in Common to her while Mab had a fun time of pretending not to understand.
    A cup of apple juice was poured and Alown started right on it without waiting for the toast.

"You're allowed to say it more," Leff said and kissed Eris on the lips.

Lionshield Zorne and Lionshild Tiq stood lifting their glasses once every plate was filled. "Today we toast to the bravery of those who struck down an invading army of Screams, led by Orcus to snuff out the light of hope!" Zorne declared. "Take a drink for Fortune's Wind!" And with that short and sweet toast, he drank from his goblet.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Post Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

Sirthis lifted his goblet of wine.
    "We are toasting to... Why am I actually translating" he whispered in Sylvan to Mab before joining in "To Fortune's Wind!" then he drank too.

Eris did the same- except that after 'Fortune's Wind' she added "To home" before drinking.

Show
    I'm not sure if what Eris did makes sense.

In Italy when someone is cheered they are expected to join it too, if that's just our then assume Eris didn't cheer I guess.