Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    All of those assumptions are right

(3d20)[17][2][12](31)

"Three each. One side, hero." And Dahlia took the first three shots.

Mab shrugged with a coy smile.
    Sirthis didn't see anyone. But under one of the benches as he looked under he heard a giggle coming from... nothing he could see.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

"On it" Eris smiled and lifted her dart, taking careful aim before throwing it at the dartboard, aiming for a bullseye.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Three dexterity checks with proficiency!
    (1d20+8)[19]
    (1d20+8)[22]
    (1d20+8)[13]

ºI see what's going onº Sirthis squinted at the giggles but then stood, feigning ignorance.
    "Alown, there are five invisible kids to find. Can you use your hearing to tell me where somebody's hiding? Without flying on their faces" he whispered in Sylvan, not wanting to use a spell to see the invisible ones. Didn't seem fair.
    "I'll call you Ralah for this"

Show
    Alown Rissen Gauder Sad Rescher Campannin Ralah doesn't have a great perception but she does have advantage on hearing.

(1d20+1)[21]
    (1d20+1)[2] advantage if applies
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-17 at 05:01 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    No these ones are attack rolls you fool

Two of Dahlia's shots were about as good as Eris's, but she missed her second throw entirely while Eris struck the bullseye.
    "Alright, so I can't outshoot you I suppose."

"Ooooh! Alown Rissen Gauder Sad Rescher Campannin Ralah can do this!" Alown sat on the bench and flapped her wings. "Under, under!"
    But Sirthis already knew about that one.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"Surprisingly" Eris said "It's not sarcasm, I'm worst at it then with other weapons" she looked clearly happy with having won.

Check, check, how much before you come back? she asked Leff.

"Well then" Sirthis looked again under the bench "Found you giggling!" he said at the nothing with a smile.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Almost there! Leff Sent, and was at the party momentarily. She gave Eris a hug. "Did I miss anything?"

"Aw!" the kid said. Didn't sound like Clephesia or Gina.
    Then again, the big mastiff standing guard next to a bush could have meant something. Alown touched down on Petra's head. "In the bush! The bush!"
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"I beat Dahlia at the games!" Eris clapped "And there are gnomes shooting apples at pegasi in the sky. And there was quite the impressive flying dance between the Queen and Sirthis- but now it's our turn, right?" she smiled and took Leff's hands "Unless you want to catch your breath after getting back here?"

Sirthis walked towards the bush but didn't look at it- instead he looked at the dog. He would have preferred making Gina play some more, so he gave her a chance by seeing if the mastiff didn't betray her position.
    "Would you happen to know where Gina is, Petra?" he asked her in Common- Sylvan didn't work, Eris gave her to Gina, the dog was probably some kind of spirit. Likely understood Common instead of Sylvan.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Leff shook her head. "I'd rather dance with my wife."

Petra wagged her tail and didn't say anything.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Eris smiled and bid goodbye to Dahlia before leading Leff to the stage, smiling brightly and walking maybe a bit too fast from the excitement.
    "Let's have fun"

Show
    Eris doesn't really care about impressing anybody but still! Performance! (1d20+5)[12]

"Tough luck, where could she have gone?" Sirthis asked standing up with a fake look of surrender, resuming his looking around.
    "Alown, we'll come back to this- find someone else?" he told her in Sylvan.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Eris and Leff danced more or less normally. But they thought the other did marvelously.

Alown fluttered over to a tree. "Behind! Behind!"
    With Alown's help, Sirthis found all the kids other than Clephesia and Gina. Then Alown fluttered over to Mab. "Dress! Under dress!"
    Clephesia giggled and Mab's flowing skirt rustled a bit.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Eris was laughing like an idiot in love shortly after beginning, which led to her being mostly out of breath by forgetting to breath- when they finished dancing Eris held Leff against herself, panting heavily.
    "I love you. We should do this more often"

Sirthis grinned and walked up to Mab.
    "My love, I hope you'll excuse me for doing something... Ungentlemanly" he said, then his features started shifting into those of a tiny red kitten with silvery stripes, who then walked under Mab's dress to rub against Cleph's legs meowling insistently at her.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"We should have a party for Aklah's first birthday – it's coming up," Leff suggested. "A smaller party, I think. So she can enjoy it."

Clephesia groaned and picked Sirthis up, getting out from under Mab.
    The Fairy Queen snapped her fingers and the kids shimmered back into visibility.
    "I thought I'd at least be found last," Clephesia pouted, passing Cat!Sirthis over to Mab.
    "Girl with the dog! You won!" Mab called over. Gina poked her head out of the bush. "I did?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"That's a great idea!" Eris exclaimed "I wonder what we can do that's special. Although spending the whole day together sounds already like a good start"

Sirthis jumped down, meowling. Then frowned like cats frown and turned back into person.
    "Admittedly, if Mab's dress hadn't moved like that I wouldn't have guessed ever" Sirthis said then smiled at Gina "So you were next to Petra! Yeah, you won!" he touched his earring meanwhile.

Hironically, I should know that looking under your clothes is always the right choice Sirthis told Mab, but in a Sending.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-17 at 11:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

"We could have a race!" Ishat suggested, flying over and landing on Eris's shoulder. "Someone can ride Peggy and someone else can ride Aklah!"
    "And if Zorne is staying with us... though he lives in the city so presumably he'll still live home... but regardless, maybe he'll fly on Silver-Wings."

Gina smiled, but that was a bit much excitement for her, so she got on Petra and rode over to Delilah and her sisters who were talking about the farm and some engagements and stuff in Elvish. Probably since Mávro was with them.
    Mab looped an arm around Sirthis's. "Oops, I spoke their language. Well, fun while it lasted. Can we round up those Sune clerics, you think?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"Those are great ideas- Aklah will be happy to have opponents she can't run circles around" Eris said, looking at her wings "I'm talking about you, lazy bums"

"Actually, why don't we first bring Cleph -our daughter- to Gina? She looks tired out so it should be brief. She wanted to hold her" Sirthis suggested "We can go find the clerics right after. I've set my Word so that we can be to the Temple in a second" he winked at Mab.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-17 at 12:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh don't be so mean. I like them." Leff ran her fingers up and down Eris's left wing.

"Sirthis, you should have told me about that ahead of time. I didn't bring any of my tea." Mab stepped up to Lasin and took Clephesia back. "Did you have fun with Grandpa, my little angel?"
    "Ma! Ma! Ma!" Clephesia answered.
    "Lala, why don't you take Clephesia over to Gina, since I just learned her name?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Eris looked jittery for a moment there, but steeled herself.
    "Right! You think anybody would be insulted if we went missing for a while?" she asked with completely pure intentions. Her tail swished around just as pure.

Sirthis nodded, taking their baby "It'd be my pleasure. And don't worry, we now know where it is for another time" he said, turning to walk away and to Delilah's family- he didn't pay them a lot of mind (weirdly enough), instead kneeling to show Gina Clephesia (which she tecnically already saw, but not up close).
    "Mab's alright with you holding her" he explained "Want me to show you how to?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Leff's mouth watered. She swallowed. "Um... I think people are just going home now. Like this is the informal part, nothing's keeping us here."

Gina gasped at the baby. "She's so cute!" she looked up at Sirthis, nodding. "I won't hurt her?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"Time for the Luskan goodbye then" Eris said- and she flexed her knees to lift Leff up in her arms, spreading her wings and beating themselves into the air, flying towards the Keep.
    "Hey, Ishat, tell me if I'm flying off-course or against an obstacle?" she asked before turning towards Leff and kissing her.

Show
    Yeah, I have no idea how Luskan is. Eris most certainly hasn't.

I think it's called Irish goodbye IRL.

"Nah, don't worry, you won't if you do it properly- it's easy" Sirthis said, passing Cleph over carefully and showing Gina how to position her arms and hold the baby properly, especially the head.
    "And if you see some pink thingie come out of the mouth it's just a bit of saliva. Saying it because I panicked the first time uselessly"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-17 at 03:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

They flew for a bit like that but Leff broke off. "Oh, Eris!" She pointed down at a building with a holy symbol emblazoned at the front. Eris didn't recognize it. "I was going to stop by there on the way back home. Can you take us down there? I'm really sorry to interrupt, but this is important."

Gina rocked Cleph carefully. "Hello, baby!"
    "Bih," Cleph said, and whacked Gina right in the face.
    "Whoa! She's not very strong," Gina noted.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Eris gave Leff the biggest scowl of her life.
    "It better be" she grumbled, taking them down towards the church.
    "Which god is that?"

Sirthis giggled "Should've told you, she does that a lot. Yeah, newborns tipically aren't" he said smiling "Though if she keeps slapping people she'll grow stronger for sure"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

"Ilmater. This is a house of healing." She opened it up and the first thing that hit Eris was the smell. Blood, bile, and a few things Eris didn't know what they were filled the air with a stench, and groans of pain or fever met her ears.
    "Is there anyone here you've had to amputate?" Leff asked the nearest priest, who directed her to the very back with the most serious cases. Leff followed the man's directions.

Gina smiled down at her. "Hi. I'm Gina."
    "Ma! Mama!"
    "No. Gina. Gina."
    "Gi. Gi. Gi!" Cleph said.
    "Gina."
    "Gi-gi!" Cleph insisted.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Eris wrinkled her nose- none of what assaulted her senses gave her trouble singularly, but all put together did hurt her senses.
    "I see where this is going" Eris followed Leff, wanting to come with her. In good part because she liked to watch her work.

Still a turn-off.

Sirthis giggled again "You may want to settle for Gigi. She calls us Lala and Mama" he said "Cleph loves cute nicknames"

Well, more like she couldn't speak their names yet, but whatever.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry that sickness and wounds aren't more fun, Leff Sent back, stepping in front of a boy who'd had his leg crushed by an ox and needed an amputation. He was thankfully asleep. Leff poured white fire out over him until his leg was regrown and his other wounds were cleaned as well.
    His eyes flickered open. "Are you a... a Solar?" he looked down at his leg and gasped. "Am I dead?"
    "No. You're healed. Walk home and tell your mom and dad you're okay."
    He jumped up. "Praise Ilmater! Thank you all!"
    Leff smiled watching him go.
    "Can you... can you do that to me?" A girl missing one ear asked. She looked to have been here for awhile, considering that nobody was immediately attending to her.
    "Yes. I just need you to hold still."

"Gigi" reluctantly rocked Clephesia for a bit more time. "How did you get to be her dad?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Eris smiled watching Leff as she healed the kid and then moved to the other, seeing her patients jump up in joy.
    I take that back. You're doing something beautiful.

Sirthis stammered "I- uh- ehm- uuuh- That's... That's something you should ask me again in five years, give or take. Maybe a couple later"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Leff stepped away from the girl once her ear was back. "There you go. Have a good day."
    And on her way out she radiated white fire, patching up lesser wounds with a corona of healing light, Eris's hand in hers. "Oh, they let me in because they know me. I stopped by once already, and... now I can regrow limbs. I figure I'll come by here more often once we... don't have urgent stuff going on."

Gina shrugged and rocked Clephesia until she fell asleep. "She's napping!" Gina told Sirthis.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's do that" Eris nodded with a smile "Well, you will I guess. But you understood what I meant" she squeezed Leff's hand.

"It means you were good with her" Sirthis said smiling warmly "Otherwise she wouldn't have" he looked back at Mab and said "Me and Cleph should leave now. I'll bring her back another time, don't worry"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Leff hugged Eris. "You can come with. You have healing, too, right?"

"Aw." Gina passed the baby over. "She's so wonderful!"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"Right, that is true. Especially when it comes to poisons and diseases" Eris said, thinking about what she was better at. Good thing she was a paladin.
    "But for now I think I want to go something else together that I hope you'll find slightly more fun"

"The most adorable baby in the world" Sirthis said with the voice of a proud father "Her and her brother. Gotta go now- bye~" he took leave to hurry back to Mab.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-17 at 07:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Leff kissed Eris. "As much as you like."

"Wait, brother?"

Mab kissed Sirthis once he was in reach. "Oh, she's dreaming. So... what was your plan?"

Show
    Why don't we call that the end of the day and kfowoap for now?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    I was going to go to sleep so yeah, kfowoap. And that's alright!
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-17 at 07:27 PM.