New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

"To home." Leff tapped her glass against Eris’s.

The meal began after the toast, with Raisa feeding Mab. Though after Clephesia burped, Mab called a break in feeding her so that she could focus on feeding her daughter.
    "There’s music outside, yes?" she asked Sirthis. "Could we get a singer in here as well?"

Deborah, Delilah’s mother, pulled her seat so that she was in between Eris and Mávro, who was next to Delilah and the family went on from there.
    "My daughter says you wanted to talk to me."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis looked up at Raisa.
    "Think Vel and Jax could come in for a time?" he asked her "Well, Mab asked if we could have a singer in general, not specifically them. But I figured they'd love to. I'd rather entertain after eating"

Eris nodded.
    "Me and Leff need to find a place called Gru... Cle... Stug..." she said with some difficulty trying to remember then she focused and repeated "Sorry, Gracklestug. I think that was the correct name. Should be in the Underdark but the only map we got doesn't show the place"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Raisa excused herself and, instead of waiting for Sirthis to translate, kissed Mab full on the lips before heading out.
    A hush fell over the tables as the city guests and various people who didn't know Mab well looked to her to see if she would take that as an insult.
    But the nymph simply waved coyly as the cleric left them.
    "Now that is a cleric of Sune."

After that excitement, Deborah nodded to Eris. "I've been. City of Duergar. They did not like me. But I know a way to get there. When do we leave?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey! I take issue with how you said 'that'" Sirthis snorted "Told you you'd like her"

"Tomorrow would be my choice" Eris said "We can enjoy the banquet and at night we'll probably be tired, so we'd better sleep and travel tomorrow, if that's fine by you. How long would the travel be?" she asked then "We have ways to speed our travel by a lot, but it'd be good to have a rough estimate. Since you seem to know your way you wouldn't happen to know places where we can find diamondwater, would you?" hey, asking doesn't hurt.
    "For our smith"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Mab shrugged. "Well, maybe you should kiss me more if you want me to call you a good cleric."

"I do," Deborah said. "Moving quickly through the underdark is a good way to get killed. I estimate a week, with another two to three days if you want to veer off to collect diamondwater."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

"Mpf! You'll see. Gonna kiss you so much you'll beg for mercy" Sirthis declared in Sylvan Especially after I don't have to leave the bed immediately to go renew my Grove"

"Oh. I see" Eris frowned "Mmm... What if we turn into wind? Would that help traveling quicker and without raising the danger too much?" she asked "Otherwise... Mmm. This is important but we have another place to be in a week" she frowned and looked at Leff "What do you think?"

It was, after all, her mother.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Mab kissed him then, cradling Clephesia carefully so she didn't lose grip during the motion.

"Wind... there are some stretches. We may be able to shave the trip down to under a week," Deborah said. "It depends on how strong you two are."
    "Shouldn't be a problem, then," Leff said, putting an arm around Eris. "You're looking at the strongest woman in the world."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis kissed Mab back, placing a hand on Cleph to help Mab keep her steady- the other rested on Mab's cheek, holding her head gently.

"Women, plural" Eris smiled and kissed Leff "We are indeed powerful, if not the strongest. Worst comes to worst if we are running late it's my understanding that Leff can take an item from the place we are in in order to teleport back" she still wasn't too clear on how Teleport worked "This way we can bring you back home, go on our own way, then when we are ready to travel again we can teleport right back to where we left from"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"Good to hear. May I stay in... Fortune's Wind, was it? Until morning?"

Mab kept going at Sirthis in a way that made a few of the dinner guests uncomfortable until she pulled off because of a series of drumbeats.

Vel and Jax came in, the latter already beating out a song on his drums. Vel followed up with a beautiful elven song about the jealousy of the moon, seeing the sun every day, before she looked down over the world and saw that nobody could even look at the sun, so harsh was her radiance, but many looked at her happily, and the moon set content in her beauty.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course" Eris nodded "We'll be happy to welcome you" she was then enraptured by the song.

Sirthis was half bothered by having been interrupted and half wanted to point out that people looking uncomfortable was the main reason for why he didn't tipically kiss Mab a lot in public, but decided it wasn't worth it to interrupt the song.
    "The other two clerics of Sune" Sirthis briefly whispered in Sylvan, not wanting to disturb Mab from listening. They did come here to sing for her after all.

And then promised himself that he was going to always bring paper and ink with him from now on, since he couldn't write the song down at the moment.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

The song went on for several minutes, and Clephesia walked up to Sirthis and deposited herself on his lap. "What are they saying?" She whispered.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis gently stroked his sister's hair.
    "It's a song about the moon and the sun" he whispered back "About how the moon was jealous because she could see the sun every day until she realized that nobody stared at the sun because of how painful it is, but everybody stared at the moon with happiness. At that time the moon's jealousy went away, leaving her happy in her beauty" a bit sad for the sun, though.

Eris pouted because she realized she couldn't actually understand the song, despite still finding it beautiful. The pout left rapidly.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

After the song concluded, Mab let Raisa feed her the rest of her meal and Zorne stood. "I have one more announcement before we join the festivities outside," he said. "I will be accepting an offer from Eris Lelahinn – To train new heroes at Fortune's Wind. If any wish to train under me, that is where to go. Now, let us celebrate!" And the great double doors opened up to a raucous celebration with slurred singing, drinking, dancing on a stage, and a game where small pouches of beans were thrown competitively to see who could get into holes on boards from a greater distance. A bit past there, another game saw who was more accurate with bolas throwing them onto a set of stakes with three rungs between them.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm glad to hear it" Eris told Zorne before standing up excitedly seeing the commotion outside and threw her arms up "Wo-hoo! Let's go part- ooof, in hindsight Aklah might have been happier home" she looked at the wyvern to see how she was handling the ruckus.

Sirthis smiled, finishing his food. He controlled if Clephesia was done eating before looking up at Mab "It's not exactly responsible to let go of her in such a crowded place without even a crib but maybe we can ask someone else to hold her long enough for a couple dances?" he asked her in Sylvan.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah was growling over her deer, threatening the party to stay away.
    "I'll take her home," Leff offered. "And be right back."

"But who would hold my daughter!?" Mab asked with exaggerated desperation.
    Lasin stood and offered to hold her almost immediately. "Cristoff, let me show you how to hold a baby."
    Mab looked to Sirthis before passing her daughter over.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Eris bit her lip but nodded.
    "Hurry up. I want to party with you" she said "I'll stay here so that they don't think the guests of honor just left altogether. Think I'll play some of the games"

"I keep underestimating how adorable our daughter is" Sirthis noted amused- he then stood, offering Mab his hand to help her off her seat "May I have this dance, my Queen?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Leff gave Aklah some neck scritches. "Alright, girl. Let's go home." She got on Aklah's back and Aklah picked up the rest of the deer carcass before she flew off with her mom.
    Delilah and Mávro found some kids playing hide and seek and took Gina over to see if she could get involved.

Mab took his hand and stood. "Dance with the father of the most beautiful baby in any plane? I'd be honored."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Eris for her part went over to the bolas game to check it out.
    "What do I have to do to play?" she asked one of the people that were there, unaware of the rules. Beyond the obvious 'grab some and throw them'.

Sirthis smiled and gave her a kiss before leading Mab towards the stage, figuring people could just walk on and start following the music.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Is there some kind of coreography to follow or is it an all-you-can-dance?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

"What you do," the gnome said, "Is take three bolas. The other player also takes three. You each throw your three bolas. It wraps around the bottom rung, that's one point. Wraps around the second rung, two points. And top rung is three. Got it?"

Vel and Jax started playing a dancing jig so that Mab and Sirthis could enjoy a lively dance with many kicks.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"Got it- sounds easy enough to understand" Eris stretched her muscles before picking up a bolas, assuming there was an ample amount of them, and called aloud "Who's up for a game with me?"

Sirthis grinned "Let's show them what we can do, my love" he said before leading her into the dance. He didn't expect that to last.

Show
    Performance! (1d20+15)[32]

We want to impress so let's use Lucky if less then 30! (1d20+15)[16]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Dahlia stepped up to her. "I'm game."

Mab smiled and twirled him around her, dancing with all the grace she could muster.
    Spoiler: Mab's Performance
    Show
    (1d20+22)[37]
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Eris grinned- she picked up the other two bolas and passed three more to Dahlia.
    "I'll start us off" she said, before making the bolas swirl over her head- she let them go, aiming at the higher of the rungs for more points.

Show
    20! Rolled in Ooc.

Sirthis laughed, giving it his all to keep up- Sirthis was showing off how much he had practiced finally.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-16 at 03:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Dahlia tossed her first bola and it sailed right in between the second and third rungs. "Mmm. Alright, your turn."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Eris gets the third rung.

Sirthis and Mab moved across the stage with speed and grace... and as the music picked up, their pirouettes and leaps brought them above the stage, floating over the party as they spun around one another in mid-air. They ended their dance holding one another close in a long spin over the crowd.
    "So glad I gave you that ring."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Eris started swirling another one.
    "Double or nothing!" she called it before throwing.

Show
    Thinking about it, it makes sense to roll the third bolas too ahead of time. Eris will always target the 3 point one.

(1d20+8)[18]
    (1d20+8)[16]

"So glad I married you" Sirthis said kissing Mab as the song came to a close, keeping it up as long as they kept spinning.

Show
    I swear it's not because of getting called out on not kissing his wife enough :p

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Dahlia got the third and then the second rungs on her next throws while Eris got the second one twice, putting her two points ahead of Dahlia.
    "Alright, that round's to you," she admitted.

Mab gripped Sirthis's head and held him against her up there, kissing her husband deeply and passionately until –
    "Sirthis!" Clephesia called up from the ground. (The one who could talk)
    "You have to find us!" She pointed at a few other kids around her, including Gina. "Nobody want to be 'it'!"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

"Wohoo! Best of three?" Eris asked smiling "Oh! Want to try the darts? Haven't played them yet" she continued wagging her tail excitedly.

Sirthis pried himself off of Mab apologetically, though he was smiling "I think I should take this one. Unless you want to play with them too? Or does the whole Queen reputation stop you?" he asked playfully while he threw an eye towards Clephesia (baby) to see how she was faring at the moment.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, darts sounds good. Should be right past the..." she noted an improvised trebuchet a pair of gnome women were loading with apples.
    "Mymyra, Tatra, what is this?"
    Instead of answering, the gnomes fired the trebuchet, shooting apples into the sky. Swiftly, two pegasi swooped from above and bit at the apples, eating them out of the air and landing, preening.
    "That leaves Peggy with eight points and Briar with seven!" Mymyra said.
    "Another round, you two?" Tatra asked the pegasi, who excitedly flew back up, ready to go for it again.

Lasin was seated at a bench, Clephesia laid down on his lap. He was holding her heels and helping her kick the air, punctuating each kick with an "rrr, rrr, rrr" like a growling bear. Clephesia (the baby) giggled at that.
    Mab smiled down at Clephesia and floated down with Sirthis. "I could join in," she offered, smiling impishly at Sirthis.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Eris laughed.
    "To be honest, if I was that fast while flying I would want to do it too. Maybe not with apples"

Sirthis grinned- in part from the fun of watching his father play with Cleph though. It had been a while since he saw him like that.
    "Very well- Mab will be hiding with you too. I'll count until ten and then come find you all!" he said, memorizing the faces of the kids he needed to find and their number.
    Then he walked up to a wall, covering his eyes while facing it to let them all go hide and started counting up to ten.
    But he did put a Sending to Mab.

No using magic! And hide in the area.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Dahlia shook her head and led Eris to the dartboard. "Alright, amazon, let's do this."

I promise I will not be the hardest one to find. This is for the kids, Mab said.
    And after Sirthis finished counting, Mab was indeed not the hardest one to spot. In fact, she was right behind Sirthis inspecting her nails, and he couldn't see any of the little kids.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not sure I'm confident with smaller throwing objects" Eris mused, nonetheless picking up the darts "Three each here too?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Same rolls?

It's darts so there's a circular table with more points the closer you are to the center right?

"Found you" Sirthis said and gave Mab a peck on the cheek but staring at her with doubt "Too easy, you're plotting something" he moved on though, starting to search for the five.

Show
    Perception! (1d20+10)[20]

Mmm... Well, they likely hid nearby so Sirthis will check under tables and behind big enough objects as a start.

Also if he does spot one Sirthis will make a bit of a scene pretending to not know instead of heading straight for them. Should be more fun that way.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-16 at 07:31 PM.