New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

"Hm. Well then, I suppose I will go with you." Leshruf hugged her daughter once again. "The Tarrasque, you say? Such a majestic creature should never be subject to the whims of the Mind Flayers."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm more worried about the mindflayers having such a destructive monster under their command" Eris said, frowning a bit at the apparent admiration for the Tarrasque "We should tell Elakian. He should be there keeping watch on it, after all"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Leff brought her hand to her ear with purple fire, bumping her naked earlobe in the process. "Can I have my rings back, Eris?" she asked, and Sent.
    "Mind Flayers on their way to you. Might have plans with the Tarrasque."
    Elakian’s voice projected back:
    "Let them come. It is nearly the time to awaken it, and I welcome their presence for the event."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Eris blinked.
    "What the **** did he just say?" she growled out eyes wide, but did give Leff her varied, magical and non-magical, jewelry back.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Leff put on the wedding ring first, letting out a sigh of relief the instant it was on. "Amah, we may have left a god-eating titan in the care of a crazy man."
    "Crazy? How so? The Tarrasque is a creature like you or I. What right do we have to keep it asleep? And ought it be?"

Leff shut her eyes to stop the tears. "Damn."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

"The Tarrasque is a creature of endless hunger that feasts on, among other things, people. Guess who's one? your daughter" Eris replied angrily, upon hearing Leshruf's words and knowing what it meant for Leff "You clearly don't care about the world, but unless you also don't care about your family you better start wishing the Tarrasque asleep, don't you think?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Leshruf stepped into Eris’s face. "How dare you question my love for my family. I was lost when they fell! I fell into despair when I thought my daughter dead! She was my world! And I see that you have poisoned her head so that I may never have her back! For she once knew that it is Fire’s place to die when its time comes, that life is the aberration!"
    Aklah shrieked and muscled her way in between Leshruf and Eris.
    "Let’s go, Eris," Leff said quietly. "We’ve wasted enough time, and I already have a family."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-04-20 at 02:37 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Eris actually laughed at Leshruf's words- she didn't at Leff's. She needed to remember how hard it was for her.
    "You're nothing but a wet puddle of water" she scoffed "Fearing death while you cling to life- all cultists like you never have the strenght to believe in their ideals. You'll never understand true, unquelchable fire- yes, let's go Shamash" she wrapped Aklah and Leff in a hug ready to leave.

"Oh by the by the whole story about the raven from the volcano? Met her. It's a god. And got back her colors. And she's happy about it!"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Leff teleported them after "Let's go" so nothing after that was said anywhere near Leshruf.
    They appeared next to Polly as she was brewing, with Tor on her head. Probably because Leff's associated object was one of Polly's potions.
    "How'd it go?"
    Leff vanished in another shower of sparks, leaving the others behind. Aklah moved into the sparks and seemed confused when she wasn't next to Leff.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

"We discovered that Leff's mother wants to see the world die" Eris said in short then bolted towards her room, thinking Leff went there.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Leff wasn't there.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Eris looked around confused.

Where are you?

She Sent, heading to check the basement.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Leff wasn't at the basement. Eris didn't get a response.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Eris pulled out her mirror to Scry for her, going to the closet to retrieve one of her (Leff's) masks. Or one of her private outfits.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Scrying. Wis save DC 18, I think Leff has a -9 (-5 because Eris presumably knows Leff well, -4 if she has a possession or garment).

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Leff was on the roof, finishing up her spell that made a dome of fire around herself.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Eris teleported to the roof- a bit higher, since she wasn't sure she wanted to invade Leff's privacy like that.
    "I won't enter" she said, worry in her voice "And I'll stay silent if you don't want to talk- but I won't leave you alone" she touched down next to the dome and sat down, placing her hand against it, as if to try and reach her.
    "I won't leave the woman I love alone when she needs it the most"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Eris heard some tapping on the other end of the opaque solid fire, as if Leff's hand were reaching for hers for a second.

But there weren't any words coming from the dome.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Eris swallowed- this was the first time she was being shut out. And the first time she saw Leff like that.
    "I won't pretend to know what it feels like" she bit her lip "But when you're in pain... You should lean on me. On all the Lelahinns" she closed her mouth, not wanting to pressure Leff too much.

Show
    Tecnically there could be other Lelahinns since Eris had a slew of other siblings all adopted by Caleb.

In practice she doesn't care about those.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

There was no response. Eris heard Leff crying inside, though.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Eris stayed silent for a few seconds, then frowned.
    ºThis is bull****, she needs meº and teleported inside, to pull Leff into an hug. Or tried to, since she wasn't sure were Leff was positioned within the dome and Eris was teleporting blindly. She tried on the opposite side since it looked like Leff was somewhere near her.

Show
    If Leff tries to escape Eris can't stop her because she run out of magic. At least magically.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Eris could not enter the dome.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spells and Magical Effects cannot extend into Leomund's Tiny Hut!
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Eris sat there and now she looked shocked because she couldn't reach her.
    "You don't need her" she said "You're a beautiful and powerful bright person who saved countless of lives -including mine- and picked her own path in life- one who is surrounded by people that love her. Her own house, her own family" Eris frowned, having no idea if that was helping Leff. She... Wasn't even clear on the exact reasons Leff was crying for.
    "I... I think you really hoped she changed. And I did too, although I was less involved. But even if she's not... You're not alone. Me, Aklah and Ishat are all here for you" she looked around "If we call them, at least"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Finally there were words. "I know, Eris. And I'll come to you later. I just... need to be alone right now, okay?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

"...fine. I'll be waiting for you" Eris left a kiss on the dome's walls (a pretty weird sensation) then spread her wings, standing on her feet to drop down and fly to the ground. She went to find Mávro, Deborah and Aklah whom she had brutally abandoned.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro was actually flying on Aklah's back. "I thought you were disturbed and that I should take her hunting," the Shadar-Kai explained briefly. "Deborah is trying to speak with Delilah, so Delilah took Gina for a walk in the town because there is sunlight which her mother hates."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you for telling me and... Yes, I was. Well, Leff is and thus I am too" Eris said "If you take Aklah out hunting you'd do me a favor. I'll try to find Deborah, maybe I can help her. Oh and... Leff wants to be alone, so we'll just have to wait. Saying it so you don't worry too much"

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro nodded and took off.

Deborah was seated at the dining hall, and smiled in welcome as Eris approached.
    "I have more in common with Leshruf than I’d care to admit. I know well the feeling of disappointing a daughter not by failing to live up to the person you were, but by not changing as they grow." She looked pained for a moment. "I thought I could change. I thought I could be better. And then I turned my baby girl into a pawn piece and sent her out to die, failing so hard that my other baby girl had to pick up the pieces."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

"The fact that you're here with that expression tells me you know where you went wrong, though" Eris took a seat next to her "Have you ever... Apologized? Does Delilah know you feel guilty? she asked Deborah "It might sound obvious, but when you're hostile to someone it becomes hard to really listen to them. And Delilah... Well, you probably know better then me how she feels"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Deborah indicated that the seat next to her was empty.
    "I tried just now. She does not want to listen." Deborah chuckled. "It’s funny, in a disgusting, sociopathic way. That in order to be born we must kill the other who might have become us... then we become just like everyone around us." Another hollow, humorless laugh. "I mean, why kill them in the first place? Would my twin have come out worse? That is Lolth’s curse, I think. Forcing us to kill for our lives... then making us live the rest of our days knowing they are stolen, and knowing that our first murder was as pointless as our lives."
    Polly came in with tea and a cat on her head.
    "Who wants some of my mother’s famous tea? I didn’t have any orphan blood but... huh. MY blood is orphan blood. I’ll be right back, I can fix this."

"Oh. Please, Polly, I’m sure your tea is perfect as-is."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"Actually, orphan blood gives me rashes. I'd rather take it normal. Meow meow" Eris said, waving to Tor and Polly, and it might even have been true. Eris never tried it. She turned back to Deborah.
    "I wouldn't call it senseless. From where I stand, it looks like having to survive. As for Delilah... Have you really tried? Let me explain. Everybody can sit next to someone and ask them to talk- but if you really want to patch things up you should do something flashy. Something she can't ignore. Possibly without being creepy" that was a legitimate risk "From what I understood she doesn't, among other things, believe in your truthfulness. I imagine that until she stops thinking of you as a liar she won't listen. Of course there's no guarantee that even then it'll work, but at least you can say that you tried"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-20 at 06:45 PM.