New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

Polly brought the tea over as it was.
    It was good.

"No, I think I’ll leave her a note." Debora drank her tea. "That way she doesn’t have to read it if she does not want to."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

"Really, a note?" Eris said, looking dejected- she seemed to appreciate the tea though "I... Guess I don't really have enough experience with mothers to know wether that's a good idea or not" it didn't sound like a good idea, but maybe it'd work.

"Right, will you be leaving soon?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

"I expect so. Thank you for your hospitality, Eris. But I have the rest of my family to look after." Debora finished her tea. "You have a lot of love in your heart. I admire that."

Ishat flew down and cuddled up to Eris. "Mom is upset," they said. "Because her mom isn't as good as mine?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

"Seems to me that you do too in truth- just need to show it" maybe not a lot, but Deborah wanted to make up with Delilah and worried about her family. And cared about her kin. She wasn't all bad.
    "Oh uhm, I know it's not very important at the moment, but could you write us a map for finding the diamondwater? Is it anywhere on this map?" she showed her Kavi's, the map without Gracklestug.

Eris hugged Ishat close, nodding sadly.
    "Yes, that's basically it. Her mother wants to hurt a lot of people... Including her own family. That... Hit Leff harshly. We both hoped she had changed"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-21 at 02:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Deborah drew an X on the map and left Eris with her kid.

"Why would anyone want that? Everyone should have a mom like you two."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

"I... I don't know. She's got screwed up beliefs but I don't know why she has those" Eris frowned "Everybody's born different, it'll happen that there are people like that. We just need to find and protect those that aren't... And try to help those that are. Although... It doesn't look like Leshruf -Leff's mother- can be helped" she wasn't being forced, nor did she have anything to protect apparently. She was doing it just because Leshruf liked it.

"Makes me so pissed if I think about how happy Leff was for a time there"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Ishat hugged Eris a bit more, then Leff appeared in front of them. "Hi, Eris." She joined the family hug.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi, Leff" Eris widened her hug to welcome Leff too in her arms "We missed you"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

"I just needed a few minutes alone. Now I need a few hours holding my family."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

"And we love being held, don't we Ishat?" Eris smiled and held Leff closer, falling silent. Holding her wife for hours was what she did best.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes!" Ishat said.
    Leff held Eris and Ishat for a bit then cleared her throat. "Um... a chair might not be the place to do it, though."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

"Should we go to bed, then?" Eris asked- there weren't that many comfortable places. And Aklah was probably still out.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes," Leff answered. She didn't let go of Eris.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

"And up!" Eris reached behind Leff's legs and lifted her up in her arms, trusting that Ishat could stay steady by themselves, then walked to their bedroom.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Ishat got onto Eris's shoulder and Leff wrapped her arms around Eris's neck.
    Once on the bed, Leff got right back into holding her family tight. And after a few minutes she let herself cry.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Eris stroked Leff's hair gently, covering the three of them in her wings. She didn't say anything, but kissed Leff's head.

She figured time and comfort was what she needed.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

That night, Sirthis had a Dream. He was on a sapphire throne, seated next to Malyanna in one identical. They were in a white room with sapphire inlay in the floors writing out a long tale in Elvish.
    "Like it? I figure since my palace can be whatever I want I'd take criticism."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, I like what you did to the place" Sirthis whistled "I didn't expect you to go for so much white. There again, it does look good with blue added in"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    What does the tale say? All of it!

"Did you copy the spell you said you needed to?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Elvish Tale
    Show
    In my village we have a tradition that firstborns are to become druid, with no choice for them. That and a teacher with dubious methods contributed to me having a particular distaste for protocols, ranks and getting told what to do- which is why I'd costantly sneak off. That's how I became a musician, also- this woman, Lorraine, took me under her wing. Anyway, a week ago -or what passes for a week around here- a demon, a draegloth, attacked my village. Picture a tall, multi armed black creature, with long claws and a white mane. As if a drow copulated with an horrible-looking spider. That creature, called Thag Nudren, needed to find a soul that would substitute it in the Demogorgon's demon army.

I was told to stay put. As I said, I don't usually take orders well. I went out, filled with ego and over-confidence, only to be thrown away like a twig- but it didn't kill me. No... I have a little sister. Clephesia. She jumped in front of me, and was struck down... The draegloth took her life and her soul and ran away. It didn't take long for me to follow it, against what was ordered. I came upon an attack on a city by an army of shrubs and the druid I met, Vikus, told me he had information on that draegloth. I followed him and he explained how it had gotten to the feywilds- so I naturally followed suit. In hindsight, I should have been more worried about a Vecna-devoted druid but honestly, back then I was fully focused on my prey. Crossing through, I met Neifion, archfey of bats. He told me he was a friend of Vikus, and offered me to work for him, in order to later sponsor me at Mab's court. Well, that didn't end well for him. He took me to his castle, where I met Nona and Malyanna. Keep the second name for later. Nona was Neifion's housekeeper- she showed me around and was in charge of preparing me. Neifion's plan was to have me become the best dance partner and flatter Mab to get him boons- one of the ways was to bring her a gift.
    On the day we departed I met Alown Rissen Gauder Sad Rescher. A small bat who wanted a friend. We became so and she stayed behind to keep a ear out for me, which proved vital. We started traveling through the caves where we met Shir, the Darkling Elder. He made short work of me. Homewever I did turn Rudib- a darkling- on him, and thanks to Nona I survived. Getting out, we slept in an abandoned hut using skeletons as alarms. Was that spooky.

We started the third day with a storm, which we followed up to a centaur party. We partook in it and got their help, a centaur named Tyzes let us ride the storms with her until we reached the ruins we were after. There, Hyrsam, archfey of fools, waited for us.
    To get the items I needed to face the Three Trials of Foolishness – which I aced. First we loaded ourselves on trebuchets and shoot ourselves against each other until we managed to high-five us, then I did some standing comedy- that was quite awkward, but he had fun. Then we had to eat a goodberry pie searching for the ring that was the supposed item I was going to gift- funny enough, we found it first and I kept on eating. I still feel ill.
    Anyway, we made a song together and then I had my ring. We slept the night in the ruins, which I found out later were some kind of sacrificial place for a dead god, Zarus. Now for one of the good moments. We had to get back on foot and I was already dreading it before who else but Mab herself showed up, searching nutriment for her fly steeds, Peach and the Great Nectarine. Nectarine really likes that nickname. Anyway, I provided and much to Nona's dismay -she was pretty scared- I asked Mab for a lift. Good thing I'm pretty. We talked at lenght on the way back, and she decided to spend the night at the castle. You remember Alown? Well, we do this thing were she gets a name for each job she does. Back then, she gained Rissen for listening for me, and turns out Neifion's pretty much an idiot when it comes to security. He completely didn't care about her, so she could show me Neifion's secret in exchange for the Gauder name- an underground prison were poor folk had their eyes and hands removed to create horrid golems in ode to Vecna. I run outside, and found Mab and Neifion, the latter realizing what I discovered. It was then or never. I faced them and told Mab everything- showing her the secret passage, with Neifion scared ****less of little young me.

Well, he died shortly after, chocking to death in a swarm of bats while trying to run away. THAT felt satisfying... A bit less when Alown started crying. I guess it shows how everybody has different truths. I recovered the artifacts he used, while she dealt with the Shard Slayers that were helping Neifion. On my way out I met Malyanna once again- summer eladrin and follower of Ashanelath, or The Eldest. A gigantic aboleth. She offered me a job but I told her I was staying with Mab, sorry. Well, epilogue of the story, we freed everyone and organized a big party where everyone got to enjoy freedom.

The next day, Alown gave herself the name Sad in honor of Neifion and we went with Mab to the city of Mithrendain. We met with Vashti and Nalaris, who beseeched the Winter Court help to fight the Shardies... But since Mab's not an idiot, she told them no. Well, since I apparently am one, the two of them turned into boggles and separated me from everyone else, stunning me and turning me into a snail after a fight. Alown gained the name Rescher for calling Mab, even if it didn't work. After some more fighting, I agreed to help them after talking them into not killing me. The job was simple. Go to Mount Valmai, place immersed in the Spellplague, an area of wild magic, and fetch riches for them. They had no idea what there really was, nor did I.

After almost breaking my neck I met the Voya, the runaway kobolds, and then the Kipraa, dragonborn travellers from Abeir searching the means to defeat Tahtorak, dragon emperor and tyrant. They sought the real treasure- the Divine Spark of Mystryl. Kuritab also sought it, a gold dragon that mauled the other guardian to get us inside the hiding place. The other guardian being Noxan, a silver dragon that I found almost dead which I healed- and I promised her I'd save Mystryl giving it back to Mystra. The day ended with me sleeping at a kobold's place. For future reference, kobold children seem to like songs about riding bats and flies.
    The next day, we rode on Kuritab -who told us he'd kill us and take the Divine Spark to become a god, the fool – and entered what looked like a wall of magma. I'm not going to describe everything since it gets repetitive after a good bit- we had to face trials, which included fighting against an army of ghost armors, lightning elementals and our fears. Well, the Kipraa fought their fears. I fought my desires.

I don't want to talk about it. I still feel guilty, and it was just an illusion... Anyway, at a certain point I got separated from the Kipraa and adventured with Malyanna, the eladrin I met back at the castle. Me and her got a good relationship and we decided to adventure together... Until her trigger-happy nature got her stuck into a trial were what we needed to do was be peaceful.
    Good thing I found the Kipraa yet again, and we finally found the code we needed to access the Divine Spark. Unfortunately, said Spark was glued to Zenov- the gray dragonborn. So we started fighting him.

Turns out, fighting a god-powered dragonborn isn't a great idea.
    I tell you, I totally seduced Mystryl out of her guardian and into my hand. Which sounds weird, I guess. Zenov had Shar's staff which he used to glue Mystryl to my hand after she left him – Zekov then tried to die with Zenov, but I saved them. At that point there was me and the three dragonborns you probably saw around here. Well, we couldn't face Kuritab so we Teleported here at the Fortress. Which... Didn't end the danger. I got Gated out, and stood face to face with Ashanelath. Malyanna's a practical girl, you see. Well, they wanted to cut my arm and take the Spark, but with quick wits and a silver tongue I kept the tentacles out of my head long enough for Mab to get help. So the High Priestess of Mystra saved me, and then I stood face to face with Mystra herself.
    Well, I was drunk with excitement at that point, so I interrogated her and made sure she'd reward everyone else before giving her the Spark, which I don't think she liked but who knows. Finally, I enjoyed a royal rest – that's really the one part I like about my new status, the comfy beds.

There was one thing left to do. Gather my former companions, Alown and Rholl, which I guess I haven't mentioned. It had been with me since the start basically, the awakened shrub you see around lately. Stole it from Vikus. Anyway, the important bit, we traveled to Neifion's place again, me and Zenov and Frost and Helryx, meeting Shir midway. You remember him? Welp, he died horribly. Did I already say dragons are cool? Anyway, we got back to the castle where Vashti and Nelaris were stupid enough to tend me a trap. Memo, do not take on Frost or Helryx. We killed the latter while the former is safe in her cell reading about jungle cats, the end.

"I thought so, too! And no, I don't fully understand the magic I need to to figure it out. I'm planning on consulting an expert. But I'll get it." She patted his cheek. "You don't doubt me, do you?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd never doubt your ability" Sirthis reached and took Malyanna's hand, kissing her fingers. He wasn't looking at her though, instead staring intently at the tale, his mind slowly connecting the dots.
    "Wait... That's what I did!" he exclaimed eyes wide "There's even my past! Even Shir! I almost even forgot his name!" Sirthis turned to Malyanna "You know me way more then I thought"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

"I pay attention," Malyanna said without elaboration. "I sent you this Dream to invite you to my place tomorrow. You know where it is – do you need the circle sequence?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

"If you were to be so kind" Sirthis nodded getting comfy in his trone "Although you know how it'll be a pretty roundabout way regardless. Still, it'll help me cut on the travel time"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-23 at 04:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

"How many times can you Plane Shift? Just do it twice." Malyanna leaned over and kissed his forehead. "If you can."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

"Three" Sirthis smiled smugly "And that's a good point. Anything you need me to bring that can be helpful? I can't Plant Growth your Fruits anymore but maybe there's something else you can use" then he patted his lap.
    "Why don't you come sit over here? Not that being queen and king isn't cool"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-23 at 05:05 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

"I have a garden to grow even if I don't have the Sage Fruit," Malyanna said.
    "Can't you grow them?"

The armrests on both chairs went down and suddenly they were on a big couch together, Malyanna leaning on him.
    "You have such good ideas."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh yeah, totally, I can grow anything" Sirthis moved an arm around Malyanna, hugging her close "As long as it spends most of its life rooted into the ground" he thought about it "I think"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Good question, do fungi count as plants for the purpose of spells? They are a whole different kingdom IRL.

"I'm so glad I teached you how to make the most out of Dream" Sirthis chuckled remembering how oblivious Malyanna had been the first time around, then leaned closer to kiss her.
    "Oh, uhm, I should've asked earlier... How's... The red situation going?" Sirthis asked trying to be tactful.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Fungi are not plants. They don't have roots though, so his statement is fine.

"Oh, horribly. Let's not talk or think about it. I can focus on this." Malyanna kissed Sirthis gently.

The next day, Eris and Sirthis both woke up holding their wives. And Eris had a knock at her bedroom door. "You have a visitor," Mávro said. "It is Malyanna."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis stretched his back, gripping Mab tighter for a few seconds, refusing to wake up. Then he surrendered and gave her a kiss.
    "Good morning, love" he said before being a jerk and trying to remove himself from Mab to get prepared for the new day. He probably didn't need it but still, he decided to wear his full traveling gear.

Eris groaned painfully.
    "I know I said I wanted her to not sneak in, but must she do this so early?" she lamented, sitting up "Tell her I'll be over as soon as possible, please" she started gearing up- Eris had no need for the armor with Malyanna but that didn't mean they weren't going to need it today. Elakian needed intervention as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-23 at 05:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Mab's arms locked around him. "Good morning, my moon. What's so much more important than holding me?"

Leff got up and, taking her cue from Eris, armored up. "Any idea why she's here?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

"Your breakfast" Sirthis kissed Mab "And the Grove. And I should also be confirming the destruction of the Fruits, which is Really Important. But mostly your breakfast" he lifted his finger and booped her nose.

"Nope- but it looks kind of... A weird coincidence" Eris frowned "We learned of a madman who wants to awaken a doomsday weapon and Malyanna shows up? It could be nothing related but it's weird. Although maybe she's here to chastize us for not getting the butterfly thingie to Anaweir. Or a third option" when they were ready Eris led the way to Malyanna.