New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

Mab let him go with a grumble. "Well, while you're up get Clephesia out of her crib and give her to me. I want her to wake up in my arms."

"Butterfly thingie?" Leff asked as she followed Eris into the dining hall. Malyanna was seated there, though not eating.
    "Eris! I wanted to talk to your wife."
    "Luckily, I'm also here."
    "You know that thing you do where you cast spells and people feel better?"
    "Healing?"
    "I need your thoughts on a spell I'm working on."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh good, I was wondering if I should have regretted not prepar- nevermind, it's a surprise for another time" Sirthis smiled slyly, standing up to walk to the crib and pick Cleph up carefully, bringing her to Mab.
    "When I finish my Grove I'll wait a bit before starting the other spell, that way we'll be able to enjoy some mornings staying in"

"The butterfly shaped object she gave us to give to Anaweir when we talked about the plan for the Abyss"

When they got there Eris looked surprised "Who got hurt for you to seek how to heal?" she asked looking her up and down "You seem fine. Did something happen to Sirthis?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Mab pulled Clephesia into her arms and shut her eyes again, intent on holding one member of her nosse.

"Good job naming the two people I care about, Eris. No one is hurt. I need to learn Clone. Many of the intricacies of the spell are best understood through a lens of healing magic."
    "I can't cast anything that powerful."
    "I don't need you to write it out for me. Just some help with theory."

Leff took Eris off to one side. "Clone isn't... necessarily a dangerous spell. It's an emergency button that gives you a new body if you die, and might unlock immortality. Do you think... Malyanna should know it?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis gave both of them a kiss (Cleph on the cheek) and got properly geared before heading to make breakfast.

"I'm surprised she's asking us, honestly- regardless, I don't think it'd be a bad thing. Aside from the fact that if we don't agree Malyanna will just find somebody else or figure it out herself, I don't see why we'd want her dead. Or rather I see it, but if I -we- haven't done anything until now I don't believe this is the time to start" Eris looked over to Malyanna "Would you mind undergoing some questions under a Truth spell to make sure you aren't trying to manipulate us -again- into some weird plan that involves your death? It doesn't force you to speak so I can't pull out anything you wouldn't want me to know"

Tecnically Malyanna was indeed planning on dying, but that Eris didn't know.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis succeeded.

"Fire away," Malyanna said.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-04-23 at 06:50 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Ahw, no breakfast preparation. Good because I didn't know what to make.

When it was ready Sirthis thanked the cook for the help with some goodberries, before bringing it back to their room.
    "So, who's hungry?" he called to wake Mab up, trying to keep it down to not wake up Cleph.

Eris casted Zone of Truth, including all three of them.
    Show
    DC 18 Cha save. Can't be failed willingly but Eris will know when it finally sticks

Couple Cha saves for her:
    (1d20+10)[15]
    (1d20+10)[16]
    (1d20+10)[12]

For the purpose of this spell Malyanna isn't benefitting from Eris' Aura, of course.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

"I don’t know. Who is hungry?" Mab asked, not able to keep herself from kissing Cleph’s cheek.

"So we’re just going to hop in and out until I can’t lie? Let me try this. Your magic is impressive. I find you intelligent. Your wife is cheating on you with me. I have never once killed a person. Four plus two is eiiiiiiii..." Malyanna smiled.
    "Hey, we got there. Ask your questions."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

"I was hoping it'd be you" Sirthis said, sitting down besides Mab and Cleph and cutting her food "Have I already told you how cute you look when you're with... Literally any kid. But especially Cleph" both, in fact. When the food was ready he started feeding the Queen with his fingers.

Eris' umor looked darkened.
    "I'd have known without you spewing bull****. And you don't need to walk in and out" Eris sighed "Alright, serious Malyanna please. Is there any pressing reason to want -or need- Clone? If yes, what is it? You don't need to get into details if you can just make us understand wether we'll worry about it or not" she asked.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

"You try looking at her without giving her all the love she deserves." Malyanna followed up her statement with another kiss on her daughter's cheek. Then she accepted the bites.

Malyanna looked somber as well. "There is need of it. The connection between the Spellscar," she tapped the glowing fire on her forehead, "and the Far Realm was put into place during... Tren Krom's surgeries." She did not go into detail. "And Piscaethces' approach I expect will cause the spellscar to... well, to oversimplify it let's just say 'explode.'"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

"It's already hard when I look at you" Sirthis mentioned, feeding Mab with a loving look. He even put a piece in his mouth to feed her that way, but only did that a couple times- Sirthis didn't want to get distracted and forget about the Grove.

"Oh" Eris sat down next to Malyanna "Of course we'll help you, Malyanna. We won't leave you to die like that- but I have to ask if there's another reason -or reasons- too. Although it likely won't change my answer. If yes please, explain those too"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

"Ma! Ma!" Clephesia added, turning her head to one side insistently. "Oh, look who else is hungry." Mab took one more bite then positioned Clephesia. "I promise I'll finish breakfast – but you know she comes first."

"Well... ah..." Malyanna became noticeably embarrassed. "Sirthis wants immortality."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

"That's right" Sirthis smiled and gave Mab a kiss "But my Grove doesn't wait so... Goodbye" he set off to go renew it.

"Ahw" Eris smiled "That's sweet, Malyanna. Hey Leff, we can help her, can't we?" she said, a sucker for romance.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Halfway through casting, Sirthis got a Sending.

"Insulting my wife is not a good way to get me to help you, Malyanna."
    "Noted."

Leff sighed. "Alright, fine. Do you have your spellbook?" She pulled out hers.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis kept casting, because he could multi-task!

Eris stared while she touched her earring.

Wait, when did I get insulted?

She was mostly interested in seeing them work though.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

And then he finished casting.

She said she found you intelligent to test the truth spell. You are intelligent. Leff and Malyanna set out their spellbooks, Malyanna with the rudiments of a new spell open. Leff opened hers up to Regenerate. "I think I see the issue here. You're treating it like any necromancy spell. Knit the parts together, charge it with power, insert a soul to pilot it. Like Animate Dead. But in this case you want a specific soul, and it's not a corruption of life but a return to it..."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis held his rod ready to Shift.
    Show
    Just clarifying wether Malyanna gave Sirthis the circle sequence off-screen?

Also not what her int score says Leff!

"So you need some Conjuration? Or Divination if it's not the body that calls but the soul that finds it?" Eris offered "Wait, then it might have to cross planes, so maybe Conjuring it makes more sense"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sirthis just... knows it. He can't clearly recall ever not knowing it.

"Wizards are talking, Eris."
    "Malyanna! Eris is exactly right. Conjuration is what you're looking for here. A trigger Conjuration calling your soul in at the time."
    "Yes, but I know how to do that already. I need to construct the body."

"Look." Leff started writing some stuff out.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

"Weird. I'll ask later" Sirthis Plane Shifted toooooo Baldur's Gate.

"Mmm... Couldn't she take a sample of her own meat and make a similar process to your regeneration spell?" Eris said "It doesn't have to be really healing since the product would basically be just a body. Preserving it should be easy enough last time I checked" she mused "And Malyanna, you can act superior but you still came to ask for help so you aren't actually better then me right now" she pointed out.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Dahlia straightened her back. "Um. Hello, Consort Unseelie. Can we help you?"

"I'm always better than you, Eris."
    Leff shut her spellbook. "Thanks for stopping by. I'm not helping you more than I have."
    "I think it will do."
    Malyanna stood up. "Is there anywhere I can stay while I recharge my Plane Shift?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

"I have a name!" Sirthis exclaimed indignantly "Sirthis. Ssssiiiiirrrrthiiiiissss. Repeat with me. S - i - r - t - h - i - s!" he repeated making sure to exaggerate his lips movement to show how it's pronounced clearly.

Eris rised her eyes to the skies but decided not to argue "Your room should still be free" she did tap her earring.

If it wasn't that I don't really care I'd point out that she has always lost against us. And last time she even had time to set it up!

Eris snuffed out the Zone of Truth.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-24 at 01:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not going to repeat with you."

"Thank you kindly." Malyanna went back to her room.
    "I imagine she came to us because there aren't many wizards who don't just want her dead... but honestly I'm not sure that I don't." Leff sighed. "She really needs to learn to be nice when she asks for help."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

"Pretty please? I'll make a magic show at your children's birthday. Or whoever you got as family who'd like magic" Sirthis offered while Sending "Btw I'm only passing, I needed a medium to Plane Shift back"

Spoiler: To Malyanna
    Show
    I just realized you might not be home and have left defense measures up. I'm about to Plane Shift to you, anything that will explode?

"That's true. If it wasn't that she risks death I might have changed idea midway through" Eris sighed "Still, at least she didn't sneak in and tried to manipulate us. Or wasn't catched doing that, anyway" she shrugged "On to work. We need to call Marű and talk about Elakian. If we stop him, somebody else will need to keep the Tarrasque sleeping"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: From Malyanna
    Show
    I am home. Don't worry.

"Bee tee what?"

"Right." Leff Sent. "Um, okay. This is gonna be a longer conversation I think. He'll try to meet us today."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Now I'm curious how she is in two places.

"Btw. By the way. You don't seem to be able to say a name so I figured I'd save up on using all of my words" Sirthis Plane Shifted back to Malyanna's abode.

"Understood" Eris said "Mmm... Think we should contact Trinuma, Anaweir and Sirthis too?" she asked "Oh, and let's ask Vhisola if he knows about mind fl- uhm. Maybe we shouldn't. The fact that they refused to help with that ritual doesn't meant Vhisola minds the Tarrasque"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Eris doesn't have eyes on her.

Sirthis stepped out of a blue-white circle in a room decorated with the scene of beasts tearing apart Thag Nudren etched upon the walls. Malyanna was seated on a massive blue pillow with a book in hand. She smiled up at him. "Hey, Sirthis! Good to see you."

"The Tarrasque is big... yeah, I'll shoot a message over to them."
    Spoiler: To Sirthis
    Show
    So Elakian might be crazy. We're going to go make sure he doesn't wake up the Tarrasque probably tomorrow. Can you help?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"Hello- nice to see this place as great as in a dream" Sirthis said looking around with a smile "Is this an happy dedicated surprise or are you planning on welcoming everybody with my tale instead of yours?" he mused as he walked to join Maly on the pillow. He frowned momentarily at the Sending.

Eris frowned trying to puzzle out Leff's words.
    "Is them the gender neutral for Vhisola or the plural for our allies in this case? Or both?"

Spoiler: To Leff
    Show
    ****, I knew Elakian was an *******. Yeah I'll come to you tomorrow.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-04-24 at 02:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

"Figured I'd try this for now. I'll do something else later, I'm sure." Malyanna wrapped her arms around Sirthis and tapped his ritual book. "Oh? What's this? Are you a wizard now?"

"Plural for our allies. I don't want to involve Vhisola." Leff explained. "Sirthis will be there. And Anaweir–"
    Anaweir appeared in front of them, looking haggard, exhausted, and with a pretty horrible wound leaking blood through her clothes.
    "Anaweir!"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, I'm a baby wizard. Give me ten minutes and I can rock your world" Sirthis giggled "Well, I guess it's not very impressive like that. I can rock your world without magic easily in ten minutes. Anyway, I decided I should... Put in the effort. Even if I already mastered a lot of spells through the universal language of magic, there's only so much I can shape... Adding new spells to my repertoire or even easing the burden on the spells I already keep in my mind should go a long way towards making me stronger. Besides... I'm tired of only wizards having the fancy books" he pouted.
    "Also imagine people mistaking me for a full-fledged wizard. That's a big tactical mistake"

Eris rushed to her side, offering support and guiding her to a chair while healing rushed out of her.
    "Leff! Help her!"

Show
    +5 hp to staunch the bleeding, then Eris will spend 10 more hp from Lay on Hands to take care of poisons and/or diseases she might be suffering against.

I'll leave to Leff the heavy lifting.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

"Do you want me to show you some ritual spells?" Malyanna asked, taking out her inky book. "My spellbook isn't available right now, but my Book of Shadows that I keep my rituals in is right here with me."

"I... yes, of course!" Leff let white fire flow into Anaweir until she was looking all better. "What happened?"
    "Oh, nothing," Anaweir waved the question aside, feeling her own forehead. "Just got in a little over my head in the Abyss. They ramped up security in the outer layers for some reason."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

"I shouldn't right now" Sirthis pointed out "Plant Growing takes eight hours, so I should take care of business first- I admittedly haven't even brought any ink today. I wouldn't mind just seeing what could be useful though!" any spell Malyanna could share meant one less spell for him to find somewhere else.

"Mmm..." Eris scowled thinking she knew the reason "You know, we were about to contact you. Do you know Elakian?" meanwhile she touched the earring.

Think Demogorgon might be getting ready in case Asmodeus makes a move? Maybe he thinks the other is going to enter the Abyss by the front door.