Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 72: Halfway to a Gross

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Looking for Jo]

They definitely want those divine-stones.
    "He had a couple of very unique swords," one of them says, "pretty big. They were even bigger than me."

And another one volunteers that, "He came here to confront our leader here, I think."

They look at each other and murmur among each other, trying to find out if anyone knew how to make them or where they got them from. One of them shakes her head, saying none of them know the details.

Most of them don't recognize Jo's description.
    The one that Carmen knows, however, recognizes that description. "I..." She's having a tough time deciding what to say. If she says the wrong thing, Fade might decide to not give them some of the time-crystals. But they don't want to be frozen in time: if Fade and Carmen decide to not cooperate, they could just be frozen forever, which is effectively like dying, except with no afterlife.
    So, she holds out her hands to accept the stones and says, "Our chief would be the best one to ask that question. I'll go find her and ask her."
    [Looking for Jo]

Oh I migth have missspelled it. Fade's not given them out like candys he only has a handfull to show he has some to offer.

"Well then, let's see her then." Fade is not going for the audience waiting thing, especially since it might mean they trap him. He follows straight ahead just leaving a bare minimum on stones.

"One of your kind is waiting a bit up front, wounded."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Library => Jade's Lair]

"I'll see you later, sis,"
    Tristan says as he gives his spiritual sibling a hug. "Were you still wanting to check out the Magical Animals Anonymous meeting on Thursday? You're definitely welcome."

Once he gets his answer it'll be off to fetch Jade's armor!

Boy this otherwise unassuming visit has been pretty exciting thus far, hasn't it?

[Mossman Park]

"Bye pixies! I hope you find your lost name!" the dryad calls out as the swarm (mostly) departs.

She seems pretty nice, as far as trees go.

As far as mushrooms go, they like getting entangled in the roots of certain types of trees and trade nutrients with them. The mushroom offers all sorts of handy minerals and elements they gather via decomposing stuff in the soil and trees trade those for sugars made from photosynthesis! It's a pretty mutually beneficial arrangement, all things considered. And since these are MAGICAL trees and MAGICL mushrooms (not that kind of magical mushroom you weirdo) there's probably some exchange of magic, too. So maybe less a parental relationship and more a business transaction? Trees and mushrooms can be partners!

Meanwhile!

One of the pixie swarms heads deeper into the park! Getting closer to those floating wisps, Mairi will start feeling an overwhelming sense of spookiness from them! Could these be ghosts!? Probably not very powerful ghosts since they're just floating there being wisps instead of actually haunting thi-

"BOO!"

AAAAAH!

Some sort of weird black dog with a ghostly green flaming skull for a head just popped out of the bushes and said BOO! at Mairi it's so scary!

Or at least pretty startling.

[Toward Plum Mountain Park]

Off toward the park! Wow, it's a really long ways away. But Mairi can fly pretty fast AND she doesn't have to walk around on the ground like all those fat ugly people.

Hopefully Mairi doesn't get distracted by anything along the way.

Like that cart full of really pretty flowers.

Or those weird little people with mushrooms (hats?) on their heads talking with a plumber.

Or that really funny looking long serpent shaped dragon reclining on a cloud made of cotton candy and slurping from a milkshake.

That's the big problem with Inside there are just way too many distracting things.

[Hunting for Unicorns]

"It is pretty sad," Moonlight confirms with a little sniff. "But most bottles of tears are going to have sad stories behind them."

See?

Your thinking way right on the mark, Butler.

"Of course, sir, that's a great choice. This is a very special piece and I'm glad someone else will find a use and appreciation for it," Moonlight says as the non-celestial bottles are floated back to their respective places on the shelves. "Getting tears from a celestial is always a daunting task. And the vial is valuable as an art piece in its own right. So I'm sure you would agree that [obscenely large amount of money] would be a reasonable asking price for an artifact of this nature."

Oh wow.

That is a WHOLE bunch of money.

But Telly REALLY likes fancy things and this bottle is exceptionally fancy so maybe that will be okay?

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Restaurant Raid)

The remaining goblins who aren't picking themselves up off the floor have gotten busy grabbing children and wholloping any parents that stand in their way. The awful creatures aren't that big, not much larger than children themselves, but they are possessed of unnatural strength and ferocity. One goblin snatches a little girl from under a table while its partner savagely beats her dads with a heavy swivel stool it just ripped out of the floor. Will someone stop these villains?

Meanwhile!

The ceiling explodes in a shower of razor sharp metal shards and roiling qi!

It's really quite spectacular.

And then comes the clash! Jedrek throwing his flurry of punches! The goblin responding in kind, lashing out with rapid short-hafted swings of its cruel hammer! Attacks crash into each other in a dramatic spray of metal shards and qi! The few attacks that get through mostly glance off Toadbutt's thick rolls of fat. Despite being so bulky the redcap moves with supernatural speed and precision, ensuring that the attacks thus far lack the opportunity to strike dead-on. In the midst of the flurry of strikes and counter-strikes, Toadbutt abruptly lurches forward, aiming to slam his belly into Jedrek with enough force to send a normal human careening through the air with great violence!

(Goblin Traffic Stop)

Pusknee has, thus far, been content to watch the melee. There are few things a goblin enjoys more than watching someone getting beaten up, regardless of who that someone is. And one of those things?

Doing the beating up yourself.

So when the fire ribbon manifests and snaps toward the monstrously lithe goblin a greasy sneer stretches across her eel-like face.

The way she moves is, frankly, impossible. Something like watching a sea snake gliding through the water. She twists around the incoming attack with practiced grace, allowing it to crash fruitlessly into the telephone pole she was reclining against while the melee unfolded. Like a striking serpent she crosses the distance between herself and Fayaad in the span of a heartbeat, grabbing the cruel whip knotted along its length with metal hooks as both goblin and weapon unwind in front of the tiefling.

"What a pretty face you've got," the redcap sneers are she arcs her weapons back for a strike. "Shame if something happened to it."

And then?

A moment of good fortune.

During the windup of the whip-stroke another car comes careening across the bramble trap its tires bursting and its occupants screaming along the with shriek of tearing metal. The flailing whip gets snagged in the car, ripping the weapon out of the redcap's grip and pulling the horrid creature off balance.

Meanwhile!

Harley fights a bunch of goblin still!

Her technique is...

Questionable?

Now armed with a goblin flail she begins beating goblins with a goblin! The other goblins find this absolutely hilarious and begin making fun of the goblin flail without slacking the level of violence they're employing against Harley in the least. Goblins slamming into goblins! It feels like trying to fight a bunch of garbage bags full of rubbish and sharp metal.

In fact...

Something in the goblin Harley is swinging breaks and suddenly she'll find she IS swinging around a garbage bag full of rubbish and sharp metal.

Weird.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-07-22 at 12:10 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Abandoned Hospital
    Carmen tries again to open the experimental wing.
    One of the keys, the one labeled "EW-2" fits. The other EW key does not. Maybe it goes somewhere else?
    She'll have to keep looking.

Jade's Lair
    This won't take long. Jade and Tristan return to the lair. Jade grabs the suit of metamorphic armor from a rack, promises Jason that she'll stay safe, takes off her new boots, and slips on an iron ring before letting the suit envelop her. Once it's on, she looks herself over, moves around a bit to ensure everything still fits correctly before turning to Tristan. "Okay, so how do we get to this dream heart?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Philip Memorial Library

Hugging Sphinx is fairly pleasant as she is mostly a very large fuzzy cat.
    "Oh, yeah. I'll see you then, Tristan." She watches Tristan and his sort-of-maybe girlfriend exit.
    Hopefully when things are done this will be sorted out and everything will be less weird.
    But knowing them? She doubts it.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #785

[Jade's Lair]

"Best bet is probably the threshold up at Plum Mountain Park," Tristan reasons. "Though I'm not sure how thrilled the fae there will be to see me since, well-"

He did the whole 'stop being a faerie' thing.

Many of the fae who had been caught up in the Buttercup nonsense probably wouldn't mind but those from the Dreamlands might give them trouble.

Of course...

He's a bit more wise to their tricks and this point.

AND he's going to be carrying that artifact spear.

AND he's still got those iron bracelets he had picked up as the Plum sisters that should help when it comes to shrugging off faerie nonsense.

"-you know. The whole Buttercup thing."

6. - Top - End - #786

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

Pusknee has, thus far, been content to watch the melee. There are few things a goblin enjoys more than watching someone getting beaten up, regardless of who that someone is. And one of those things?

Doing the beating up yourself.

So when the fire ribbon manifests and snaps toward the monstrously lithe goblin a greasy sneer stretches across her eel-like face.

The way she moves is, frankly, impossible. Something like watching a sea snake gliding through the water. She twists around the incoming attack with practiced grace, allowing it to crash fruitlessly into the telephone pole she was reclining against while the melee unfolded. Like a striking serpent she crosses the distance between herself and Fayaad in the span of a heartbeat, grabbing the cruel whip knotted along its length with metal hooks as both goblin and weapon unwind in front of the tiefling.

"What a pretty face you've got," the redcap sneers are she arcs her weapons back for a strike. "Shame if something happened to it."

And then?
    [Just Outside Space and Time]

Ooooh that could be bad. Hey, dum-dum! Watch this!

The ring gives off an aura of warmth as it works its magic.

[Traffic Light] (Two minutes ago)

Hey mister traffic light! How are you today?

Hm? Gah! Scurry on outta here, ya lil varmit!

Okay, okay! I'm going! I just wanted to tell you you're doing a great job tonight!

Wha- what?

Yeah! You're doing good work out here, keeping everyone moving in a nice, orderly way. It must be a hard, thankless job. So I just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work, cutie~<3

Gah-... gosh, thank ya kindly, ma'am...

And now, as promised, I'll be on my way. Bye~!

Well, if that don't beat all... mighty kind a' her, stoppin' to talk to lil ol' me...

[Driver's Brain] (One minute ago)

Uuuugh! This is, like, the WORST time for a red light, isn't it?

Ugh. Tell me about it.

...You know, if you make a turn here instead of going straight, I bet you could skip it.

Huh. You're right. I think I'll go ahead and do that.

Ooh! And isn't your wife making that dinner you like tonight? Maybe you should step on the gas! You wouldn't want to be late, would you?

And miss twelve-bean-chili night? No way!

Attaboy!

Ooh! One more thing! Do you know "La Cucaracha"?

Yeeees... why?

I'd take it as a personal favor if you could honk it as you drove.

No.

Aw. Well, I tried. Anyway, have fun with the goblins!

The what, now? HOLY-

(Goblin Traffic Stop) (Now)

A moment of good fortune.

During the windup of the whip-stroke another car comes careening across the bramble trap its tires bursting and its occupants screaming along the with shriek of tearing metal. The flailing whip gets snagged in the car, ripping the weapon out of the redcap's grip and pulling the horrid creature off balance.
    Hahaa! Look at that! Did ya see, dummy? Did ya see?

You didn't see?

*sigh*

My talents are wasted on mortals.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-07-22 at 02:23 PM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Jade's Lair

"Okay, sure, let's go. Don't tell them your name, don't eat the food, don't say thanks, don't answer to any name that's not yours, right?" Jade asks for confirmation. She's ready to head for the tree asap.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

That's not encouraging. Fayyaad might have bitten off more than he can chew here. He gets ready to defend himself, when... the goblin loses her weapon in a staggeringly unlikely series of events. Given the way his ring grew warm when it happened, could it be Braon's good luck charm?

Whether or not it was, the tiefling is quick to seize the advantage. With Pusknee off balance, he drops low, sweeping his staff and his right leg in a wide arc. The combined motion sends a surge of flame along the ground and under Pusknee's feet. Let's see her dodge a carpet of fire erupting right under her.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Orc in the Playground

Delmah Phor

Jack's also entranced quite a bit by the song.

"That's what I mean. I'm a bird, not a lizard. Keeping chickens for eggs is... odd. Some of the Clatterers don't have an issue with bird eggs, but... I hatched from one of those, y'know? Lizard eggs don't have hard shells, so they're egg without being quite so weird." It's a giant lizard, not a giant raven or something. And jackdaws, like most corvids, are opportunistic scavengers. Eating the eggs of other birds isn't a problem for jackdaws that stay jackdaws all the time, if the nest is unattended for long enough.

Bishop and Knight Pawnshop

The shop's quite easy to find, the directions being simple and accurate. Inside, it's a bit of an Aladdin's cave. All sorts of things have been brought here at some time or another, pawned off and then left. There's a display of electronic goods, ranging from toasters, to phones, to a Pip-Boy. There's a rack of weapons ranging from simple steel daggers and brass knuckles, to an intricately carved stone giant's stalagmite-club (although that's not on the rack, simply propped up next to it) and a two-handed sword made from a bronze-coloured metal. There's also racks of clothing, bags, and all sorts of other things.

Behind the counter is a figure in tattered and grimy robes, a ratty hood pulled over their head. The only part of their face that can be seen are three glowing spots which could be eyes. A spindly-looking arm ending in a gloved hand with only (apparently) three fingers and a thumb rests on the counter. One of the glove's fingers has been pulled back and held in place with a safety pin. "Can thiss one... assisst you, honoured biped?" The figure's voice is sibilant and low, with a strange reverb to it as though it's echoing inside that hood.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

10. - Top - End - #790

[Raksha's Lair]

The raksha may be annoyed, but the pixie is pretty grateful.
    Yes! She's not going to die!
    She's still very very alone, though.

She falls over on the paper as she gets moved around.

Free of the jar, she gets up to start flying.
    Being the last Mairi in existance (to her knowledge), her first order of business is to stay safe. Hundreds of thousands of pixies, and she's the only one left. It would make a really great movie, she thinks, if she weren't so afraid she might get eaten by a cat or a bird or a spider or something.

She quickly flies, relatively low to the ground, trying to find somewhere safe where she can rest and figure out how to survive.

[Looking for Jo]

Even though he's not handing them out to everyone, the succubi still want to do whatever they can to get as many as possible.

Carmen goes as close behind Fade as she can: she doesn't want to go see this leader, because she is pretty sure she knows who this leader is. She whispers, "I'm going to check out my old room. Don't want to meet the leader, don't want to be recognized just yet. I'll wait for you back in this room in half and hour."

She goes in the other direction.

Fade goes with the succubus, who reluctantly agrees to let him go with her. It's not like she has a choice.
    There is one benefit of going with the succubus, though: she has a good idea of where others are and what's safer, and when other succubi are unfrozen (and later refrozen because this succubus doesn't bother trying to convince Fade to leave any more with them: as long as at least one is unfrozen, that one can eventually get all of them to safety. Plus, she's doing something more important.)

She stops in front of a door.
    If Fade doesn't let her, there's no way she can talk with the leader in secret. So she has to somehow figure out a way to communicate her thoughts without making Fade think she's suspicious.

[Mossman Park]

Business partners are nice and accurate and all, but it doesn't sound as cool.

Besides, an exchange of magic sounds pretty interesting. Mairi has no idea what that would entail, since the only magics she can do now are the pain magic that she recently got and the shouting thing is technically magic maybe and...and how do you even exchange magic, like, is it some sort of apprenticeship sort of deal?

"Eep!" the pixies in front of the swarm say, when the spooky dog surprises them. They jump and fly back and hold each other and scatter.
    The ones in back snicker at the ones that were scared. So dumb! Scaredy-kittens! It's not even that scary! they say.

"Hi," the not-scared ones say. "Is this the more wild part of the park?"

No!
    This is the worst!
    It is way too distracting!
    Especially since Mairi has literally never seen almost any of these things before.

First, of course, they go get some flowers from the cart...
    On second thought, they quickly decide, whole flowers would be really heavy. Just a petal or leaf each, for only a quarter of them in case they get tired or bored carrying them.

A few split off to say hello to the fat mushroom people out of some kind of kinship and to complinsult their caps.

Others drop off to check out what the heck kind of dragon that dragon is and if that drink they have tastes good and if they can ride it.

Others have found a really pretty garden and have no choice but to check it out.

Some actually spotted another swarm of Mairi-pixies and decided to go inform them what happened and socialize with...themselves.

And! What's that? Something else they've never seen before!

Eventually, by the time they arrive at Plum Mountain Park, there's only twenty left. Fortunately, they're all carrying petals and leaves, so maybe that's what helped remind them to keep on going and not get distracted.

(Goblin Traffic Stop)

It's Harley's expert opinion that healing should take place after the fight. Healing takes some level of concentration and if it's not too critical then you should save healing for later.

But!
    When the monkey turns into a trash bag, Harley has a realization.
    They're not monkeys.
    They're just an evolution of the heresy elementals, that turn up into paper when destroyed.

But they're plastic so maybe fire won't be as effective against them...
    Well, regardless, now she's doubly glad she left her blindfold on, and is now okay with not avoiding the most lethal attacks.

She really wants to get this over quickly, because her magic is almost out as evidenced by...well, her soul gem is protected so nobody else can see the evidence.

Harley lets go of the trash.
    After that incessant attack by the goblins, she's pretty bloodied.
    And, she's blindfolded, so nobody should be able to recognize her, right? So she ought to be fine just doing shapeshifting.

She pauses and lets herself get whalloped for a few more moments, as she concentrates on her arms.

Her arms split into four separate tentacles, pulling off the bone and leaving it there. They reach out around her, trying to each grab a separate goblin and wrap around them.

[Abandoned Hospital]

Carmen's happy to know where one of them goes: she makes sure to put it in her other cup, to keep track of it.

So, where has she been? Offices, maternity, burn ward.

She needs to quickly find the other key before that robot returns, so she goes straight to the nearest place she hasn't been to yet.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

[Bloodwell Park- Dark Monolith of Khaine]

"I don't think that's a worry. She seemed in possession of herself when turned into a cat. And eating birds was far from being on her mind." Might as well clear it up, if only to avoid embarrassing Ysable further. It seems this person can't really tell her much more, though. "Thanks for sharing, regardless. Enjoy the party," she says, before heading towards the elf with the broken antler.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hunting for Unicorns]

Butler hides his shock at the price under his professionalism. He's here as an envoy after all, not for himself!

Still, that's a WHOLE lot of money.

Butler pulls out that bulge from his shorts, a large leather pouch filled with coins and pricey gems. "I only have [Exceptionally Large Amount of Money] ma'am. Would you accept this much ma'am or is there something I can do to make up the difference ma'am?" It's a lot of money, but it's not [Obscenely Large Amount of Money].

Definitely more than he should be carrying around though!

No wonder he nearly got mugged earlier.

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Restaurant Raid)

Ugh. If Jedrek could just land a direct hit, it'd be enough to shatter even the toughest of stubborn belly fat. He just needs to punch harder faster with- !!! Jedrek's crosses his arms to block Toadbutt's body slam, but the force still pushes the handsome human man back several feet. Lines dig into the floor, tearing it up as he slides and when he stops steam rises from his sandals. Yet still he stands, glaring at the malevolence before him.

Until a scream draws his attention. He needs to think of some way to lure these monsters outside. He can't fight all of these and protect people.
    Or... can he?
    If it's not punching, he's not really amazing at it. But Jedrek leaps suddenly over towards the two abducting a child and attempts to yank the one with the stool away from the dad by tossing it bodily at Toadbutt. A process he'll try to repeat on the one grabbing the girl (separating them first). If he can just go around and turn all six of these smaller ones into deadly thrown projectiles, perhaps he can clean them up while hopefully keeping Toadbutt preoccupied.

Bonus points if he can get them all grouped up in a pile together because then he could really get them all out of the restaurant and into the streets.

It's A plan at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Abandoned Hospital

Fortunately, very close by is the maintenance room. The door leading in is heavy steel, rusted and pitted by time. Carmen opens it up to reveal a bare-bones chamber. There are loads of tools, building supplies, bags of salt and gravel, wet floor signs, duct tape, and practically anything else one might need for maintaining a large hospital like this one. A row of lockers stand against one wall. One has a combination lock attached, but the others are all unlocked.
    Lying on the floor in the middle of the room is something. What appears at first glance to be a jagged piece of black metal is actually a familiar object. It's a leg of that machine she encountered, or something much like it, torn off and left to rust here. Lying near it are the smashed remains of a circular saw, possibly the tool by which it was severed.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #794

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

Staggered as she is, Pusknee doesn't have time to react to the carpet of flames before they wash over her legs and ignite her greasy skin like a torch. The redcap shrieks in rage and pain as she leaps into the air and spins, her body a blur of motion as flaming grease is hurled everywhere.

Gross.

Then the (mostly) not on fire goblin drops out of the air, aiming a kick right at Fayaad! A kick so devastating, so decisive, so-

A flying pigeon just collided with her face.

The redcap sputters and screams and flails at the poor confused bird, missing the tiefling by a wide margin and crashing into a nearby dumpster.

This really isn't her day, is it?

Meanwhile!

Harley does a really great Thing impression and snags the remaining goblins with tentacles. The goblins find this very distressing and shriek even louder. They struggle and kick and swear and bite and manage to fail utterly to escape from Harley's crushing grasp.

Goodness why didn't she do this to begin with it would have worked way better than getting stabbed by monsters a whole bunch.

(Goblin Restaurant Raid)

Toadbutt doesn't let up the assault when Jedrek is shoved backwards. He isn't about to give his foe a moment of breathing room now that the warrior has been knocked into ideal hammering range. Toadbutt's maul bites into the floor and sends another wave of shard-teeth ripping through the cheap 90s lenolium.

But then Jedrek jumps.

This means the waves of shrapnel tears into the resturant unhindered and catches and employee that was running toward the exit.

The result is... not pretty. They aren't dead, but they're in rough shape and need medical care immediately.

Grabbing the small goblin with the stool isn't difficult, nor is throwing it. Toadbutt begins advancing as the goblin is tossed at him, the greasy little creature bouncing off him like a ping-pong ball. The goblin lands nearby in a daze. The second goblin, the one grabbing the child, screeches and runs in a zigzagging, start and stop fashion. It's like trying to grab a roach and the awful monster really isn't cooperating.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

...that's just nasty. If Pusknee wasn't such an odious creature, Fayyaad might feel bad for her. But she is, so he doesn't. Instead, he swings his staff with gusto, trying to smack Pusknee while she barrels past him for a good measure.

(Goblin Restaurant Raid)

As the goblin absconds with the child, it will find its escape hindered by the nearby soda fountain exploding and a tendril of water reaching out of it to grab it. As this happens, Calm Reed walks in through the door, clenching her fist as she wills the water to restrain the goblin and hold it still for Jedrek.

16. - Top - End - #796

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

Staggered as she is, Pusknee doesn't have time to react to the carpet of flames before they wash over her legs and ignite her greasy skin like a torch. The redcap shrieks in rage and pain as she leaps into the air and spins, her body a blur of motion as flaming grease is hurled everywhere.

Gross.

Then the (mostly) not on fire goblin drops out of the air, aiming a kick right at Fayaad! A kick so devastating, so decisive, so-

A flying pigeon just collided with her face.

The redcap sputters and screams and flails at the poor confused bird, missing the tiefling by a wide margin and crashing into a nearby dumpster.

This really isn't her day, is it?
    [Nearby Rooftop] (Just moments prior)

Verily, says I, yon sourdough crumbs are the tastiest of all breads.

Heathen! Thou hast forgotten the sweet, sweet taste of rye!

Oh booooooooys~

Who art thou?

Naught but a common harlot. Let us ignore her.

Er, I mean... good morrow, gentlemen! I have prayed many a night for company such as thou, for I am a lonely maiden who desperately desires the company of gentlebirds such as thee...

Did I mention I am unadorned?

Out of my way!
    I saw her first!

If Fayyaad was paying attention to the ring, he'd get a definite sense of revulsion from it now.

Ugh. That was dirty, even for me. You're lucky you're cute, dum-dum.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    ]

17. - Top - End - #797

[Maintenance Room]

Most these tools look like they'd be incredibly useful...
    ...if Carmen wanted to run a hospital.

The combination lock is almost certainly hiding something valuable!
    She first goes up to it and looks on the back, to see if somebody was dumb enough to put the code there, and then looks at the lock part of it to see if it's the kind of lock that could be cut with that metal saw.

Also, after that, she checks out the saw. Sees if it works and has power, because it seems like it could be useful if it already managed to cut off a robot-leg.

[Verdant Heights]
    Goblin Traffic Stop

The reason why she didn't do this to begin with is actually pretty obvious.
    Okay, maybe not that obvious.

She didn't want to risk being recognized and outed as a shapeshifter when she thought it was just intelligent and violent monkeys roaming the street and causing car crashes.
    Now that she knows it's trash bag elementals, her priority shifted from "save the kids with no chance of recognition and minimal cost" to "get this over quickly because she has a baby at home"

Harley squeezes them and bashes them on the ground when it's their turn (perhaps squeezing a little too hard for garbage bags filled with metal: if they suddenly decide to turn into metal-filled plastics, it'll lead to her tentacles squeezing on them and getting more cuts.)
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #798

[Hunting for Unicorns]

Is that a sack full of money in Butler's shorts or-

Oh yeah, no, it's a sack full of money.

Moonlight's horn lights up as she carefully weighs the pouch, humming to herself.

"I guess there IS something you could do for me," Moonlight says, rubbing her hooves together as she considers possibilities. "You said you're Butler, right? As in THE Butler? That means you're a person with connections. Possibly a person who might be owed favors. Do you know the barmaid over at Trog's Tavern? A woman named Zee? I've heard that she's actually a seraphim in disguise. So I want you to get a feather from her for me. Between the money you've got here and a seraphim's feather that should be enough for the celestial unicorn tears."

Oh no.

Butler, oh no.

When you go to Zee she's probably going to want you to do something for her, too. And so on and so forth. This is definitely a trading chain quest.

[Mossman Park]

Those are all good questions, Mairi, how do you plan on finding the answers?

Meanwhile!

"I dunno, is it?" the yeth hound asks. "It's a good place for spooking people with all the wisps hanging around. I think all the ghosts make it extra spooky."

The wisps ARE a little spooky.

If one looks carefully into a wisp they might be able to see the vague idea of a person's face inside. They're pretty indistinct, though.

"Are you pixies looking for something?"

Inside is just full of way too many interesting and unique things. Whoever designed it is REALLY inconsiderate how is anyone supposed to get anything done with all these neat things to explore?

Some petals are stolen, that's easy of course. Look at those big stupid flower-sellers looking the wrong way! None of them ever expect to be on the lookout for normal sized people.

The mushroom-hat people are apparently looking for a a plumber because the pipes in their castle is full of crabs and turtles and flies which, frankly is pretty weird. The plumber they're talking to apparently doesn't specialize in removing turtles from pipes.

The dragon is, of course, simply the most beautiful and wise and magnanimous dragon around. If she does say so herself. Which she does. She really isn't going anywhere at the moment so riding her would be rather dull. Just reclining and enjoying the beautiful chaos unfolding in the city below. She saw the pixies do the fus shout, by the way, and she found it quite hilarious. The pandemonium it caused was a real treat. And since the pixies were so nice to treat her it's only fair that she treat them as well. With a snap of her claws they'll all receive their very own tiny strawberry milkshake. Made of only the freshest primordial chaos, naturally. None of that banal human food that would taste gross to faeries. She isn't that thoughtless, after all.

The Mairis may notice that the milkshake each of the other Mairi's have smells and tastes better than the one THEY have. Oh ho ho hopefully that doesn't cause any undo friction. Wouldn't that be terrible?

And then!

Plum Mountain Park.

Wow is that tree ever big.

Just the biggest and most tree-like tree ever. Probably a plum tree. It's got plenty of plums on it all the time basically forever and some satyrs and fauns are busy collecting the plums and stomping them into plum wine. The tree looks like it's actually made out of THREE giant trees all wrapped around each other. Where the three trunks arch toward each other at the base it looks like a great big glistening soap bubble that one can see the Enchanted Forest through!

19. - Top - End - #799

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Looking for Jo]

Even though he's not handing them out to everyone, the succubi still want to do whatever they can to get as many as possible.

Carmen goes as close behind Fade as she can: she doesn't want to go see this leader, because she is pretty sure she knows who this leader is. She whispers, "I'm going to check out my old room. Don't want to meet the leader, don't want to be recognized just yet. I'll wait for you back in this room in half and hour."

She goes in the other direction.

Fade goes with the succubus, who reluctantly agrees to let him go with her. It's not like she has a choice.
    There is one benefit of going with the succubus, though: she has a good idea of where others are and what's safer, and when other succubi are unfrozen (and later refrozen because this succubus doesn't bother trying to convince Fade to leave any more with them: as long as at least one is unfrozen, that one can eventually get all of them to safety. Plus, she's doing something more important.)

She stops in front of a door.
    If Fade doesn't let her, there's no way she can talk with the leader in secret. So she has to somehow figure out a way to communicate her thoughts without making Fade think she's suspicious.
    [Looking for Jo]

Fade nods to Carmen, thought Fade has no clock or other device ti know the time. But then again she will come if he takes to long so he just let's her go.
    Fade still takes the door with him, for safty and the fact he can't get loose of his sword in the other hand.

Fade will just walk in with her.
    "There is no time to wait." he says if she complains. After all they won't really catch her busy unless she is still fighting the paladin.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hunting for Unicorns]

The primary problem here is that Butler has never played a video game in his life.

This will be his first ever trading quest chain!

Unless picking up dry cleaning counts.

"I'm the butler for Tellysandra ma'am, if that counts. But I'm also Butler ma'am." Just so things are clear. "I don't think anyone owes me anything ma'am. I'm just happy to know people ma'am," Butler says with a smile.

"Zee included ma'am. Though I don't think she has feathers ma'am. But I guess that could be part of her disguise ma'am?" Not having feathers is a truly ingenious disguise. "I'll go and ask her ma'am. You keep the money until I get back, so no one else buys it while I'm gone ma'am." A deposit!

It's probably not safe to leave money like that with people but it's less safe to carry it around.

Without any fanfare, Butler will set forth on his new quest.

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Restaurant Raid)

If Calm Reed stops the goblin, he'll toss this one towards the trash bin by the front door. A high velocity goblin did nothing to Toadbutt already, two surely isn't going to change anything. If the water tendril fails, he doesn't keep trying to grab the scurrying creature. He has to get back to the redcap. "There are four more!"

Regardless, he leaps back into the fray with a flurry of punches. Each one is enhanced with qi to make the impact area wider and his reach longer than it appears, making it much harder to dodge, block, or parry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #801

[Hunting for Unicorns and Apparently Feathers?]

Moonlight waves at Butler as he departs and puts his pouch of money in the lockbox for safe keeping. It would be kind of silly to just leave it out in the open, right?

Anyway!

Heading back to Trog's shouldn't be that hard since that's where Zee is always at, right? And Trog's is always right around the corner.

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

There is a WHOLE BUNCH of screaming and flailing going on over there with the tentacle monster and the goblins. The nasty little things are resilient, fast, and strong but they really don't have a great answer for tentacle monsters. They'll try ripping their way out of the tentacles but that's about the only shot they've got to avoid getting made into monster-mash.

Two more get pulped in the mean time.

Will the rest be able to rip themselves free?

Meanwhile!

Pusknee gets clocked in the back of the head, adding a little more force to her head-long collision with the dumpster. She quickly scrambles to her feet again, but it's clear that she's wobbling pretty hard. "I'm going... going to kick BOTH of your asses!" she shouts, pointing between her double-vision of Fayaad threateningly.

With a hiss she lunges at him!

Unfortunately she isn't totally clear exactly where Fayaad is and so the attack is clumsy to say the least.

(Goblin Restaurant Raid)

Huh.

Well.

The goblin definitely wasn't expecting that to happen.

With an incoherent shriek it is captured by the water construct and begins thrashing with all of its not inconsiderable might. Then, divested of its stolen child, the goblin is hurled into the wall with such force that it simply bursts. The garbage can is showered with... well... garbage. Rotten junk, scrap metal, bits of plastic, a few bones, and less mentionable things. That would probably have a been a good place for a 'time to take out the trash!' quip but Jedrek doesn't seem like the sort.

The dazed goblin Jedrek had tossed first gets up and staggers over to the injured employee, raising a cruel looking little cudgel to murder the helpless man on the spot. Poor Jerry cries out in pain and fear, raising his arm to try to shield himself.

And Toadbutt?

"Oh HOH another hero appears. Well fall on in, then! There's plenty of room for everyone," the goblin jeers Jedrek leaps back into the fray. Once again there comes a flurry of attacks, blocks, and counter attacks. This time around Jedrek manages to get a few hits in that are a bit more solid, though it feels like he's punching a sack full of gravel rather than a person. Toadbutt winces when the solid punch connects, so that's definitely doing something. But this goblin defintiely has stamina to spare. As one punch comes whizzing in Toadbutt makes a short-hafted thrust with his hammer, aiming to get Jedrek to impale his fist on the weapon's cruel head.

22. - Top - End - #802

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

There is a WHOLE BUNCH of screaming and flailing going on over there with the tentacle monster and the goblins. The nasty little things are resilient, fast, and strong but they really don't have a great answer for tentacle monsters. They'll try ripping their way out of the tentacles but that's about the only shot they've got to avoid getting made into monster-mash.

Two more get pulped in the mean time.

Will the rest be able to rip themselves free?

Meanwhile!

Pusknee gets clocked in the back of the head, adding a little more force to her head-long collision with the dumpster. She quickly scrambles to her feet again, but it's clear that she's wobbling pretty hard. "I'm going... going to kick BOTH of your asses!" she shouts, pointing between her double-vision of Fayaad threateningly.

With a hiss she lunges at him!

Unfortunately she isn't totally clear exactly where Fayaad is and so the attack is clumsy to say the least.
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

"Pathetic."

A new growth of twisted, iron-hard thorny vines heralds the arrival of what is probably the worst person to show up at the scene. She shambles into the light, the vines grasping at her legs and bending them like a child walking her doll across the windowsill. She gives Pusknee a cold, disappointed sneer as she approaches, vines curling around her hand and fingers.

"You had one job, redcap. One simple, simple job." Braon growls. "Stop anyone coming in or out this way. The thorns do half the work for you, for-"

She stops and turns to look at Fayyaad. If she recognizes him, she doesn't seem to show it. There was... something familiar here. Not the fiendling, though. Something else.

"...The point is, you're wasting time with this... this little lick-spittle of a man." She scowls. "Very disappointing, redcap. Very disappointing indeed."

Ooookay that's a whole other class of problem there. Sorry, dummy, but you're on your own for this one.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    ]

23. - Top - End - #803
    Orc in the Playground

Bloodwell Park- Dark Monolith of Khaine

The elf nods and turns away as Sophie leaves, wishing her well in return. She's soon pulled into conversation with Ysable's parents.

The broken-antlered man watches as Sophie approaches. He's near two other half-elves with antlers, and though they don't seem to be paying attention their ears swivel towards Sophie as she approaches. "You came with Ysable, didn't you? Turned her back from a cat. And now you've spoken to Arayeile about the wedding, and now you come to me. She still holds a candle for Ysable, did you know? My cousin's never looked at another woman like that, but it didn't stop Arayeile." It seems he's been paying some attention to her since her arrival.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

So far, so good. This dirty creature is dangerous, but the good luck charm has given it quite a beating. Now he can finish it off and- wait. Is this Braon? The enchantress he met in Trog's? But she doesn't recognize him. And given the vines around her arms and legs, it might not be her speaking at all.

"Braon? It's me, Fayyaad. We met at Trog's. What are you doing here in the middle of all this?"

(Goblin Restaurant Raid)

The water tentacle disintegrates quickly as Calm Reed enters the fray properly. She closes the distance to Jerry and the goblin, then tries to interrupt the latter with a knee-kick that is liable to send it back at the wall with bone-shattering force. She will then turn and charge the nearest other goblins, her arms and legs aiming a series of debilitating punches and kicks that seem to freeze the blood in their veins. Or whatever it is that flows through them and animates them.

25. - Top - End - #805

[Mossman Park]

Mairi decides she's going to answer all those questions by waiting, for when the mushrooms hatch, to see if she feels more like a mother or a father.
    And by doing magic, since apparently she can do that now! And that's really cool. Not something she could do when she was big and fat and alone. Well, she's still sort-of alone right now because everyone left her, except for the ones who became mushrooms, but sooner or later she's either going to be a mother or a father or a business partner so that doesn't matter at the moment when it comes to using magic.

Meanwhile, more importantly,
    One of the Mairis flies towards the wisp to see if she can touch the face. She's pretty curious!
    Two more go to the yeth hound's back to pet it, because dogs like being pet.

"Yup! We're, um, looking for the Enchanted Forest," some explain while others explain at the same time, they're "looking for a lost name." Looking for two things. The Enchanted Forest, because that's where the lost name probably is, and also looking for the lost name.
    "Have you seen it?"

Mairi's grandfather was a plumber so they promptly inform the plumbers that real plumbers know how to get turtles out of pipes and that they could all do a better job at it than them, and that they should probably just hand over their plumbing license already if they can't do a plumbing task as simple as that.
    More importantly, with the dragon...
    Fortunately, it doesn't cause much undo friction. It would be terrible if that happened, but only truly awful people get mad when someone takes their food. In fact, sneaking food from someone else is a perfectly normal thing! Only weirdos are against it. Fortunately, the dragon didn't really want to cause any problems; if someone wanted to cause problems, they would have not given enough for everyone (even though everybody's only pretending to drink out of their own milkshake). Or given to half of them milkshakes that tasted awful to everybody. That would've caused problems.
    They do agree that the dragon's the mostwise and magnanimous dragon around. Not that there's many dragons around, they have to point out, which probably a serious problem that there's not more dragons.

Meanwhile, most importantly,
    The twenty pixies left have a mission. A very important mission, as evidenced by the flower petals and leaves they're holding.
    And, sure, the tree's big, but it's not that much bigger than all the other trees, comparatively speaking. It's still possible to fly to the top of it, so it's just a skyscraper.

The tri-tree looks like it probably is a memorial. So, they fly towards it, looking for a good place to put the flowers and leaves.
    That soap-bubble seems like a decent place, actually.
    They fly there, into the soap bubble thing, and lay down the petals and leaves, and pay their respects for the big dummies who died. Probably would have survived if they weren't so fat and big and if there were more than just one of them and they weren't so alone.

Okay! That's done,
    time to look for a magic stream.

[Looking for Jo]

Since the succubus can't really do anything to stop Fade from just entering, she says, "Okay," and just enters.

The leader is in that room.
    She's seated behind a desk, and appears to have been doing paperwork when she was time-frozen...apparently, she was one of the first frozen, before alert of an attacker had time to go through the place. In fact, she wasn't even aware that she was frozen in time, because she looks up with an annoyed face, saying "You're interrupting me again? I can't wait to..."
    Then she notices Fade.
    The leader shuts up, trying to figure out what happened.

The succubus tells the leader what happened. And that Fade is here looking for Jo.

The leader pauses and sets down her pen.
    She then quickly picks it back up, and looks down at the paperwork again to hide her facial expressions.

[Verdant Heights]
    (Goblin Traffic Stop)

Tentacles are a good solution to a lot of problems, actually.
    Tentacles only have two weaknesses: being cut apart, and being ripped apart by something that's stronger. Unfortunately Harley's tentacles are pure muscle, they're still very much natural and not supernatural.

The goblins escape from her tentacles.

Luckily!
    Shapeshifting isn't her only attack, because swords are also part of her attack.
    The Magical Witch(?) Harley stops the ground.
    A sword comes out of the ground, bouncing like it was on a trampoline next to someone.
    Harley leans back, and kicks the sword at one of the goblins that escaped her grip.
    Unfortunately!
    The sword vanishes before it hits the goblin. She's finally reached her limit, after all this time: she was only able to cleanse her soul gem once during her pregnancy, And then today, there's been everything going on. Harley's out of magic. . .
    She feels sick.

One of the two fully-intact tentacles pulls back and she tries to cover her mouth
    She doubles over and falls to her knees.
    Despair drips from her mouth like black paint, and not even covering her mouth helps stop it. Everything it touches turns a like splotchy colorful splats.

This probably isn't good.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Abandoned Hospital

The saw, unfortunately, is completely smashed, the housing broken apart and the blade bent beyond use.
    The padlock doesn't have the combination written on it. And because the saw is broken, it can't cut the lock.
    But there are many other tools here. Perhaps one of them might do the trick? A hard enough hit can break a cheap padlock. And the locker itself doesn't look too sturdy either. And the hinges are on the outside of the door too. It's not an especially secure setup.

My Nexus characters