New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 72: Halfway to a Gross

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Red Zone Warehouse

Jade see's Karl's reluctance. Oh. She understands. He's not sure he can make it out of the vents. They'll have to find another way. Maybe one of those rooms they passed by has a window? She heads back that way, beckoning Karl to follow. The office should have a window, right? If any room does, it probably is the one. But she stops just outside the door. There's talking inside. "How quickly can you get here? We're under attack, if you still want to buy that suit, you should hurry and beat these skeletons before they take it themselves. No, I don't know why they want it. They haven't said. Fine. Just get here as soon as you can."
    Red Zone Warehouse

KArl Follows, but as he hears someone talking he stops. He looks at Jade with a questionable expression. He points out two, not sure if there are two sicne it sounds like the other one isn't around. Then he point at the kitchen room. This should also have windows right?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Pennilan's Tavern

"Ah, so it was some kinda deal you made, then? And it came with a debt? Well, I guess that's just how some deals go." It would certainly go a long way to explain why she's hesitant to make pacts with mortals. It sounds like she might have gotten a pretty raw deal herself.
    "Well, I'm glad you have some point of stability at least. I- oh right, do you like white or red wine? Or are you a beer person?" Right, they're at a tavern. They should really order some drinks, shouldn't they?

Forbidden Knowledge - Hodgepodge Street

Oh, dear. That's...what, no, we're not doing that. Yeah, I know but- no! Sheesh.
    Heather shakes her head.
    "Go inside somewhere, hide and don't look at any more!" Heather calls to June. Though she looks distracted as if listening to something.
    a spider? Uh, yeah, sure. You're weird though.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #63

[Forbidden Knowledge – Mahou Church ]

Harley is of the opinion that she shouldn't blame other people for things that are clearly her own fault, so obviously his bad decisions are her fault, not his, and it would be rude to try to shift the blame to him.

Venus nods. And she twists her hair with her finger. "So...a modern witch with a sword." That's a pretty clear enough description.

She looks around.
    She opens her mouth. "..."
    "I don't see anyone like that. You know where she was going or which way she went? Maybe I could help you find her."
    Since he's blind and Venus has nothing else to do: she's literally just trying to get away from awkward worshippers and needs to find something to do other than just wander around. Doing a good deed like helping a blindfolded man seems just as good as anything else.

[SwordWoman]

Having – probably – found one of these elemental-spirits, Harley circles around downwind and climbs up a nearby building: being up above, she believes she can minimize collateral damage if she misses an attack. She still needs to verify that it actually is one, and not just a really weird creature, but...

Once in a stable position, Harley closes her eyes (pointless, she is blindfolded), takes a deep breath, holds a piece of red jewelery in front of her, and concentrates, trying to feel for its unique awful spiritual presence.

It's similar enough to the witches and creatures that she normally hunts that she feels confident that it's one of them.

She pulls another sword out of what looks like a cut in reality, and makes a dog whistle-like sound, to better pinpoint its position. Hitting a bystander is not something she wants to do.

Harley waits for the right moment: after the elemental touches someone and backs away.
    Then, Harley throws the sword at it, like a spear.

[Necropolis of Kysimax]

It's a skeleton! How is she supposed to know what quality of sword a skeleton wants, especially if it doesn't tell her? He's old and decayed, so maybe his sword is the same too.

Venus waits.
    Something should have happened by now? she wonders.
    "Oh, that's the other guy's sword. Right."

Venus looks around.
    She literally did not see any other swords. "Did someone else already take your sword?"
    She looks around more.
    There's obviously that relief, but there's no actual swords...

. . .
    Venus groans.
    She's going to have to cheat again, isn't she?
    With her free hand, Venus plucks a seed pod from her hair, and places it in the relief.
    To be honest, with everything dead around here, she is not entirely sure this will work, but she has previously successfully made dead wood come alive so she is somewhat confident she can get it to work now, too.

Using fairy-nature magic, she tries to make the seed pod grow into the shape, making a similar sword except made from wattle wood.

[Perfectly Normal Walk]

Did he suddenly appear in some otherside universe again? he wonders.

This is extremely odd.
    June is suddenly glad he didn't bring his phone, because making a phone call from a place like this would unquestionably lead to hearing voices in the call that trace the signal back to the real world, and the ground shakes, and that then summon some kind of ghost train army that stampedes down the hill and you need some select-fire rifle and maybe a tank to stop them.

The voice is coming from the manhole and the claw, right?

June climbs down the manhole just barely enough to no longer be on the street, just in case he accidentally summoned some kind of lanky shadowperson or woman in white or something by speaking too loud.
    With a quieter voice directed down at the clae, he says, "Why? What's going on?"

[Forbidden Knowledge – Hodgepodge Street]

As the hardware store is the nearest place, June opts to going inside there, just inside the doors.

"Why? What is that thing? It doesn't look like most other kinds of ghosts," she says.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Wandering Into Trouble

Prumathe looks around after stepping through the portal, walking carefully toward the edge of the boulder, just to check and make sure there's nothing underneath it. He'll use his magic to boost his balance, which helps. But he'll not get too close or stay for too long, before sitting near the middle of the rock and looking at what should be the horizon. He nods in understanding to the astronaut's words, before frowning and looking around. "Where's Sekhmet? Did you send her back first somehow?" If she had more of a 'map' to home than the Prumathes did, it could have happened. Or the astronaut could have eaten her, or left her behind.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

[Two Detectives]

"Dangerous? No. It's a defensive technique. There are far more dangerous people walkin' the street as we speak." Michalson seems to actually be... mildly irritated by the question? Strange. "There are some people left who know it, but not 'ere in the Nexus. I don't think I could teach it to anyone. I know how to use it, but teaching other people... requires deeper initiation."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forbidden Knowledge - Mahou Church]

Ahhh... Rein lost her! Th-that's ok. Being late to the scene is dramatic, every time, right? Romantic even. They don't call it fashionably early!

"Well... I was pretty sure she was headed South. So... I guess I'll find her going that way."
    Normally Rein would refuse the help, but... any help is fine if it kept Harley safe.
    "Yeah. Ok. Thanks. Just remember to keep your eyes closed. Let's see now..."
    Rein turns. It's slightly lighter that way. So that's where the sun is? So if he turns to this direction... that should be south!

Unfortunately, there's a wall that way that would normally be very easy to go around and then continue in the southerly direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Perfectly Normal Walk]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Did he suddenly appear in some otherside universe again? he wonders.

This is extremely odd.
    June is suddenly glad he didn't bring his phone, because making a phone call from a place like this would unquestionably lead to hearing voices in the call that trace the signal back to the real world, and the ground shakes, and that then summon some kind of ghost train army that stampedes down the hill and you need some select-fire rifle and maybe a tank to stop them.

The voice is coming from the manhole and the claw, right?

June climbs down the manhole just barely enough to no longer be on the street, just in case he accidentally summoned some kind of lanky shadowperson or woman in white or something by speaking too loud.
    With a quieter voice directed down at the clae, he says, "Why? What's going on?"
    You know what they say: the chances of suddenly appearing in an otherside universe are minuscule; but the chances of suddenly appearing in an otherside universe again are great.
    Perhaps June is matching an overly specific pattern, though? I mean, has he even seen any ghost train tracks?

The voice is coming from the manhole and does seem to belong to the owner of that claw, yes.

No lanky shadowpeople follow him down, no women in white accost him-
    "The Thinker has gone berserk, something about a missing girl? It's stealing anyone it can get ahold of, transforming them into its soldiers. They've surrounded this exit."
    The one speaking looks a little like that winged person who accosted him near the train station, and a little like Vix, and a fair bit like a beetle.

[Wandering Into Trouble]
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

Prumathe looks around after stepping through the portal, walking carefully toward the edge of the boulder, just to check and make sure there's nothing underneath it. He'll use his magic to boost his balance, which helps. But he'll not get too close or stay for too long, before sitting near the middle of the rock and looking at what should be the horizon. He nods in understanding to the astronaut's words, before frowning and looking around. "Where's Sekhmet? Did you send her back first somehow?" If she had more of a 'map' to home than the Prumathes did, it could have happened. Or the astronaut could have eaten her, or left her behind.
    There's nothing underneath the boulder.

"She declined to come through. There was no time to ♍︎♒︎♋︎■︎♑︎♏︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎ ❍︎♓︎■︎♎︎."
    Now that they're home, the astronaut cracks open the plate of their helmet to get some fresh air. There doesn't appear to be anyone inside the helmet; just emptiness.

The rock surface tilts up, away from the non-existent horizon, but there's no hint of falling towards the back; 'down' tilts with it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Wandering Into Trouble

Well, that's... concerning, but there's nothing Prumathe can do about it. So he decides to try not to think about what, exactly, is underneath the boulder and rely on it not plummeting forever. Although, it does seem to be travelling; maybe it already is plummeting forever, and they're just clinging to the side of it?... No. No, don't think of that, that's not a useful thought. Quite a scary thought, even.

"That... didn't translate again. I hope her world does OK without her." At least until the spiders let her go again. If they let her go and don't tie her up and eat her or something. He glances at the astronaut as the visor is raised and... somehow isn't surprised that the suit is empty, or the wearer is invisible. Really, the astronaut's quite odd, this place is even odder, why shouldn't the astronaut just be a self-mobile space suit?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Forbidden Knowledge: Heresy Fighters
    "They're bad and corrupting things? I'm new at this." The purple woman was told by the voice in her head to come here and fight these. She's not sure why. "What are they?"

Forbidden Knowledge: Lonely Succubus
    The faerie succubus slows her escape and turns back. She is curious now, too curious to keep running. She turns back towards the elementals, not noticing as her wings begin to reshape themselves, as her skin starts becoming scaly. She blinks and begins seeing though newly W-shaped pupils. Something has happened to her, but she doesn't realize it yet.

Red Zone Building
    Right, that's a good idea. Into the kitchen they go. It's not a pleasant place. Whoever normally cooks in here doesn't clean up after themselves. There are roaches hiding in the corners and unwashed dishes piled in a grimy sink. But there's also a window, greasy and dusty, but present. Jade pushes it open. It will be a tight fit. "After you. I can get through more easily once you're out."

Necropolis of Kysimax
    The wooden sword rests in the skeleton's hand. There's a pause. Then, slowly, the skeleton turns to look at Venus with his empty eye sockets. He says nothing.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Pennilan's Tavern

"Ah, so it was some kinda deal you made, then? And it came with a debt? Well, I guess that's just how some deals go." It would certainly go a long way to explain why she's hesitant to make pacts with mortals. It sounds like she might have gotten a pretty raw deal herself.
    "Well, I'm glad you have some point of stability at least. I- oh right, do you like white or red wine? Or are you a beer person?" Right, they're at a tavern. They should really order some drinks, shouldn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Two Detectives]

"Dangerous? No. It's a defensive technique. There are far more dangerous people walkin' the street as we speak." Michalson seems to actually be... mildly irritated by the question? Strange. "There are some people left who know it, but not 'ere in the Nexus. I don't think I could teach it to anyone. I know how to use it, but teaching other people... requires deeper initiation."
    [Two Detectives]

If she can tell that he's irritated, Ava seems to just choose to brush past it this time. "But it blocks all magic, yes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't some beings that walk these streets inherently magical? As in, they require it to live. I noticed that some of the civilians seemed rather uncomfortable while you were using it so I believe it impacted their senses in a negative way at the very least. Of course, I've never seen the technique before so I'm not sure how much control you have over it."

[SwordWoman]

The creature abruptly stops as it's suddenly impaled by the sword, if the weapon has any additional effects beyond the stab more might happen but for now the being is spending a moment simple staring at its impaled chest. Either its in deep shock, or its not actually feeling pain. Having a sword going through you can't be a good thing though...

Pennilan's Tavern

"...something like that, yeah." Better not get into details. "Really, its fine, Jim. You don't have to worry about me." She smiles. "And, uh, I think I'd want wine. We actually made a lot of that where I'm from, drank it a lot too. Didn't taste anything like the wine here though. Must be producing it differently. Just, ah, don't let me drink too much, okay? I don't behave properly." The satyr chuckles.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-04-29 at 05:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Heather’s mannerisms momentarily change as she looks at June curtly.
    ”It’s made of secret thoughts and soul stuff. And the things keeping those secrets might start looking for them so you want to keep them out of your head and lie low, got it? Honestly we should do more but Princess here doesn’t want to-“ her stance abruptly goes back to how it was.
    ”Yeah well, I’m not as pessimistic as you. So nyeh.” she goes wandering off in search of more elementals. And a spider.

Pennilan’s Tavern

Jim nods and signals the waiter who brings over a bottle of red wine. The label reads Puck Vineyard and depicts a portly satyr sitting on a barrel. The name might be familiar if Jaahlyn recalls Jim’s survey.
    “The usual. I’ll give you two a moment.” says the smiling waiter as he sets a pair of glasses in front of them. Jim starts pouring.
    ”Well, the last time I drank with one of the Fair Folk she slipped me the strongest stuff she had and I apparently passed out before I made the slightest move on her according to the note she left for my at-the-time-girlfriend. So I’ll keep in mind I can hold it better than you.”
    He winks at her.
    ”This was a good year. Only tart the way you want it to be. Do we toast or is that too formal?”

12. - Top - End - #72

Red Zone Building
    Right, that's a good idea. Into the kitchen they go. It's not a pleasant place. Whoever normally cooks in here doesn't clean up after themselves. There are roaches hiding in the corners and unwashed dishes piled in a grimy sink. But there's also a window, greasy and dusty, but present. Jade pushes it open. It will be a tight fit. "After you. I can get through more easily once you're out."
    Red Zone Building

Karl doesn't seem to disgusted as he passes through the kitchen. Sure Jade might notice he wouldn't eat anything here if he doesn't need to. The roaches are also a sign of that, but he is used to camp outside so nothing to be scared of. He just nods to her and heads for the window. It shouldn't look to good, but he manages to climb through it as long as Jade holds it up. Since the window is on ground level Karl won't fall deep. He just ends up with the face first on the ground, but nothing mayor.

He stands up outside and waits near the window to assist her getting out. He looks left and right if anyone is watching, but the goons are still distracted by the attacking skeletons.

13. - Top - End - #73

[Sewer System]

In a flash of unearthly orange light about half a dozen fiends appear clad in various combinations of black armor and weapons. Alongside them are two arcane golems and a horde of large canine creatures covered in white carapace.

In another section of the sewer system there's another flash just like it and another group of fiends made completely of the black material which the first group simply use as armor. Unlike their fleshy counterparts these metal fiends eyes glow blue. These have no canines accompanoying them but there's still a pair of golems that take the lead as both this and the other group start to make their way towards what they know to be the home of the so-called 'angels'.

Pennilan’s Tavern

Jaahlyn gives the waiter a confused look as he placed the bottle on the table. It seems to take her a moment to even realize that he were serving them, they wouldn't even need to get the bottle?!
    Her attention then seem to linger on the bottle for a moment, the satyr on it seemingly fascinating her. It's only when she realizes that Jim's talking to her that she snaps out of her little trance. "Ah, uh- you drank with the fair folk? I mean, it's not that-" She smiles sheepishly. "Uh, let me start over. What I mean is that I'm not a light drinker, it's just that satyrs-" She gestures at the bottle. "You know, we're kinda of associated with this and... I don't actually recall what happens if I start to drink. I've just not had a reason to for... uh, at least a lifetime. Still, that's a reason to toast isn't it? The first drink in a lifetime."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Pennilan's Tavern

Jim blushes a little, the color going straight to his large ears.
    "Well I was delivering something to the Lady who runs those woods around the perimeter of Riverside, you know? And she's always got those bees and she invited me for a drink and I really wanted to know what the mead was like and well, it honestly turned out pretty alright even if I only remember half of it. I learned not to trust my usual limits around strange faerie drinks. But! This stuff I know quite well. It's my dad's. Supposedly we come from faun blood, you know. The fact that I'm one now is entirely coincidental. He spent ages asking if I thought keeping the label was insensitive." he chuckles.
    "Either way, it sounds like you deserve to have something if it's been that long since you've treated yourself. To your first drink in however long." He may have to cut her off if she's a rowdy drunk like the folk-tales depict. And well...he's been told he's a little on the rowdy side himself despite the previous incident proving his loyalty. But he's not super worried as the bottle isn't a particularly large one. Grandpa Puck didn't like selling large bottles specifically since he thought they encouraged people to drink too much at once.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

[Forbidden Knowledge - Birds]

The Eye of the Bird is ever-watchful. It never ceases watching mortals foolish enough to go where they shouldn't. Never stops looking out for the King's enemies. It is no longer part of the King, but it waits until the King returns to claim it once more. For now, strange-eyed birds fly around the city, always seeing.

Today, however, several of the birds that make up the Eye see something they shouldn't. One of the knowledge-creatures roaming the city. Their sight awakens memories within the Eye, memories that don't belong there. Through the multi-faceted, insane and fragmented mind of the Eye now courses knowledge of being... someone else. It remembers flying on wings of thunder. It remembers heralding battle, when human god-kings rode before their armies. It remembers spreading revelry and joy, until it turned into madness and excess. Instead of being a portent of doom and fear, it was full of life, lust and power.

The birds start flocking together, their eyes changing from yellow and black to bright white and blue, like lightning. Lightning also gathers around them, and thunder rolls. They fly away, their cry stirring up emotions and desires long forgotten. Far away, in a court in a gloomy swamp, an old fey knows something has gone very, very wrong.

[Two Detectives]

"I have the techniques under complete control." Michalson seems fairly firm on the subject. "If I don't use them actively, all that happens is that I'm more resistant to magic than most. It does seem to make magic-users uncomfortable to witness it, but I've never observed adverse effects beyond that. I still won't use it willy-nilly."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Red Zone Building

Jade shimmies out after Karl and then beckons him off into an alley, away from the building with the thugs in it. Once they've gotten a good distance away, she stops and nods. "Karl, thanks for all the help. You made this all a lot simpler than it could've been. I'll see you around, hopefully." She waves and starts to leave.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #77

[Wandering Into Trouble]
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Well, that's... concerning, but there's nothing Prumathe can do about it. So he decides to try not to think about what, exactly, is underneath the boulder and rely on it not plummeting forever. Although, it does seem to be travelling; maybe it already is plummeting forever, and they're just clinging to the side of it?... No. No, don't think of that, that's not a useful thought. Quite a scary thought, even.

"That... didn't translate again. I hope her world does OK without her." At least until the spiders let her go again. If they let her go and don't tie her up and eat her or something. He glances at the astronaut as the visor is raised and... somehow isn't surprised that the suit is empty, or the wearer is invisible. Really, the astronaut's quite odd, this place is even odder, why shouldn't the astronaut just be a self-mobile space suit?
    "I'm hoping she finds another way back." If they could escape once, hopefully Sekhmet can do it again.
    "Are you important to your worlds?" the astronaut asks.
    The rock is approaching a film, a layer of hardened air. Hard to judge the distance, exactly, but definitely slowly getting closer.

[Forbidden Knowledge: Heresy Fighters]
    "They're bad and corrupting things? I'm new at this." The purple woman was told by the voice in her head to come here and fight these. She's not sure why. "What are they?"
    "Not sure you should know that. Corrupting, remember?" The voice seems distracted, disjointed. Is it even coming from the golden figure's lips at all?
    "This way...?" They spring off towards a trace of fluttering paper, wings glowing briefly-

[Sewer System]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    In a flash of unearthly orange light about half a dozen fiends appear clad in various combinations of black armor and weapons. Alongside them are two arcane golems and a horde of large canine creatures covered in white carapace.

In another section of the sewer system there's another flash just like it and another group of fiends made completely of the black material which the first group simply use as armor. Unlike their fleshy counterparts these metal fiends eyes glow blue. These have no canines accompanying them but there's still a pair of golems that take the lead as both this and the other group start to make their way towards what they know to be the home of the so-called 'angels'.
    The sewers are not just sewers, but join and intertwine with caverns, ruins, things buried and forgotten.
    It is dark, except for the blue-glow of the fiends' eyes, and quiet, except for trickling wastewater. The smell, though, that's present everywhere out here.
    What will the golems notice first, as they make their way towards the angels' home? The inhuman screams and gasps echoing down the cramped sewer passages? The smell of muk-filled blood? The faintest glints of orange light? Or would they be taken by surprise when an emaciated half-demonic hound leaps out (from the wrong direction!?) and runs past, barely seeing them?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #78

Red Zone Building

Jade shimmies out after Karl and then beckons him off into an alley, away from the building with the thugs in it. Once they've gotten a good distance away, she stops and nods. "Karl, thanks for all the help. You made this all a lot simpler than it could've been. I'll see you around, hopefully." She waves and starts to leave.
    Red Zone Building

Karl nods.

"Maybe. I'm not from around and I tend to camp outside. It's cheaper." he replies befor she is on her way. He looks after her for a moment, but there is nothing he's liked to say her now. He can just hope for the worlds rule. 'You see everyone at least twice'. He then prepares himself and heads off. Using the alley to get some distance befor he heads for a more populated street. Just befor that the skeletons will disapear and leave the thugs confused. Karl in that time heads off the Red zone into a more friendly area.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Forbidden Knowledge - Heresy Fighters

The purple woman raises her sword and rushes towards that paper fluttering. She's ready to keep fighting these creatures, even if she doesn't know what they are. The voice in her head is pretty insistent that she should. She nods to it and adjusts her stance. The blessing on her might increase her strength and vitality, but it doesn't make her a trained swordswoman. She still needs to practice.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #80

Spoiler: relevant quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Ahhh... Rein lost her! Th-that's ok. Being late to the scene is dramatic, every time, right? Romantic even. They don't call it fashionably early!

"Well... I was pretty sure she was headed South. So... I guess I'll find her going that way."
    Normally Rein would refuse the help, but... any help is fine if it kept Harley safe.
    "Yeah. Ok. Thanks. Just remember to keep your eyes closed. Let's see now..."
    Rein turns. It's slightly lighter that way. So that's where the sun is? So if he turns to this direction... that should be south!

Unfortunately, there's a wall that way that would normally be very easy to go around and then continue in the southerly direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Perfectly Normal Walk]

You know what they say: the chances of suddenly appearing in an otherside universe are minuscule; but the chances of suddenly appearing in an otherside universe again are great.
    Perhaps June is matching an overly specific pattern, though? I mean, has he even seen any ghost train tracks?

The voice is coming from the manhole and does seem to belong to the owner of that claw, yes.

No lanky shadowpeople follow him down, no women in white accost him-
    "The Thinker has gone berserk, something about a missing girl? It's stealing anyone it can get ahold of, transforming them into its soldiers. They've surrounded this exit."
    The one speaking looks a little like that winged person who accosted him near the train station, and a little like Vix, and a fair bit like a beetle.
    Necropolis of Kysimax
    The wooden sword rests in the skeleton's hand. There's a pause. Then, slowly, the skeleton turns to look at Venus with his empty eye sockets. He says nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [SwordWoman]

The creature abruptly stops as it's suddenly impaled by the sword, if the weapon has any additional effects beyond the stab more might happen but for now the being is spending a moment simple staring at its impaled chest. Either its in deep shock, or its not actually feeling pain. Having a sword going through you can't be a good thing though...

Heather’s mannerisms momentarily change as she looks at June curtly.
    ”It’s made of secret thoughts and soul stuff. And the things keeping those secrets might start looking for them so you want to keep them out of your head and lie low, got it? Honestly we should do more but Princess here doesn’t want to-“ her stance abruptly goes back to how it was.
    ”Yeah well, I’m not as pessimistic as you. So nyeh.” she goes wandering off in search of more elementals. And a spider.

[Perfectly Normal Walk]

Well, there's other things that could appear instead of a ghost train army thing, like a tall guy with deer antlers or maybe trash monsters or cats or something, but ghost trains are much more poignant.

"Huh."
    June thinks about what was said. Okay, missing girl. That's Vix. Stealing people and transforming them. That's pretty awful. And they're surrounding here.
    He climbs down to get closer. Since the speaking person looks like Vix and that winged lady, a bit, it's probably safe to come closer. Especially if they're surrounding the surface and they're just waiting for him to climb out again. "So...is there another way out of here, then? Especially if it's dangerous to go up."

[Necropolis of Kysimax]

"...Hi?" Venus says to the skeleton that suddenly started looking at her. "Um...good morning?"

Obviously she doesn't expect the skeleton to respond. It doesn't have lungs, after all.
    "You...you sleep well?"

[Forbidden Knowledge – Mahou Church]

Yeah! Showing up late is definitely romantic-dramatic.

"Yeah, okay," Venus says. She follows. "Yeah, I think that direction is south." Seems reasonable.
    She isn't entirely sure if she should say anything about the wall, or just pretend climbing it is the only decent way to get there. "Well..." What would be the nicer thing to say or do?

Venus herself goes to the side of the wall. "Yeah, good point, if you climb up there then you'll be able to..." see? "hear? things better." Halfway through the sentence, she goes around the wall so that her voice sounds a little more muffled. There, that way he might be able to hear that there's a way around the wall without having to climb it.

Suddenly, though, in the exact direction Harley went, there's a blast of bright energy. "Oh! Well, something's going on. An explosion?"

[SwordWoman]

In Harley's experience, even just impaling something isn't enough, most of the time. (Well, it works with people, but she's talking about recent experience.) Can't let her guard down.

She breathes in, and out, to focus and make sure there's nobody in the way of her plan. She raises her arms and swords unfold and take the shape of spread wings behind her. Grabbing them one by one, she throws more swords: this time, not at the elemental-spirit, but instead on the buildings around it, making a rough pentagon around it.

After grabbing a sixth sword (which she drops below her, to double-check how far the ground is: she doesn't want to fall to the same mistake that Rein did and misjudge the distance to the ground), the magical Harley jumps down off the building, and lands in the stereotypical superhero landing pose. One hand reaches for the sword she dropped.

The other hand then raises up and snaps, as she says the name of an attack. (She just made up the name! She's not sure if it's going to stick or not.) "Fallen Angel Fang."

The five pentagon-swords then explode into spiritual energy, and their energy converges on the first sword she threw: an energy attack hopefully converging on the elemental she threw it towards.

[Forbidden Knowledge – Hodgepodge Street hardware store]

"I-I see," June says, not understanding at all. Seriously, it just makes exactly as much sense as everything else here. "I...okay, bye. Tha..." Wait, almost said 'Thanks'. If Heather is the same as Venus, then she probably finds that sort of stuff really annoying. "That was helpful."

Even if the memories aren't that bad, these things give her a massive headache. Probably should try to avoid them, honestly. Luckily, she doesn't actually need to see one to 'see' it coming, so she shouldn't have much of a problem avoiding them. If only Venus were awake right now...
    oh well.
    June stays in the hardware store, waiting for the headache to pass. Then, she should probably go straight home to sleep.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Necropolis of Kysimax

The skeleton silently stares at Venus. Is he surprised? Confused? Angry? Without any facial features, it's really hard to tell. Creakily, he gets to his feet and holds out the wooden sword, running bony fingertips across its edge as if to see if it's sharp, but unable to actually tell. Still without speaking (as Venus has noticed, he has no lungs, but also neither tongue, lips, nor vocal cords), he makes a slow, sweeping, deliberate gesture, a bow with his arms spread wide, the sword point kept out of the way to his right.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Wandering Into Trouble

Prumathe nods in agreement to Prumathe. "Um, I hadn't thought so, but my wife- his ex- is the centre of a prophecy, I think, and her mother's a queen of hell. So... I guess we're on the peripherals of that." Not exactly important, but important to people who are.

The bank of weird air is noticed, and watched, but Prumathe is hoping that the astronaut suit is hoping it knows what it's doing.

23. - Top - End - #83

[Necropolis of Kysimax]

The sword is definitely not knife-sharp. It could be said that it's as sharp as a sword, however, since many swords are frequently more about the momentum and durability and such than razor-sharpness. (Venus is totally not just giving an excuse for why it's not razor-sharp.)

"Um...okay," Venus says to the skeleton. She's not entirely sure what it wants, and has never considered the benefit of learning sign language as a way to communicate with skeletons, but it's too late to learn it right now. Besides, she doesn't even know what type of sign language this skeleton might know, if any.

"Yeah. You're welcome."

She blinks.

Is she...is she supposed to do something now? Or is that it? Venus doesn't really know if she's supposed to leave now. "Take care of it, okay?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

The Flying Palace

Jace sits quietly in the back of the room. They've been doing much better since all this started, but he's been doing his best to let Veronica have her space when she wants it. And presumably she doesn't want or need him looking over her shoulder every minute of every day.
    ...especially after the look she gave from time to time when someone else spent a few days doing that. He sits up as the doctor exits, moving to her side. Zebes obligingly moves from his spot on Jace's lap to Veronica's, mumbling something about text colors.
    "I assure you that nothing of the sort crossed my mind." he says, his voice faux-prim.
    "Well, it does seem like you don't have bad options here. If you stay you can quit your job for good and set up a business here. You end up with cosmic powers, maybe some form of immortality. But our vacation to Seaside might be a bust." he smiles. "And if you give it up, well, it's entirely possible that the Palace would remain without you. And it's not like the tonberries would suddenly hate you just because you lost your Mantle. Maybe they wouldn't let you run the place but hey. And your sister would thank you for being able to come to the apartments for more than a few days at a time to look after it." Really they've been running all three homes despite the effort involved.
    "If it means anything, I think you'd make a good raid boss. Expansion material at the very least." Zebes purrs idly.
    "I don't think I have to even tell you of course, that if you stay I'll happily go on a quest to get some extra longevity to keep up with you. You wouldn't be getting rid of me that easily." Jace leans in to give her a kiss on the cheek. He won't push her into anything; not again. He's long given up trying to force her into doing exactly what he thinks is best or valuing what he values.
    Flying Palace

For a few long moments, Veronica is entirely silent, looking up at the ceiling before finally letting out a tired sigh. "I think I miss it, Jace. Everything being...well, not normal, but relatively normal. The comfy lived-in apartment, the air plants, adorable poisonous monsters running all through my feet and tripping me up, and even snuggling on that couch I have that's far too old and should probably be replaced if I weren't lazy." Her voice is quiet, not quite out of defeat, but out of...shame. And fear. For far too long she'd sought power and now that the true possibility only needed a few more steps...she couldn't take them.

But...

She couldn't really say that turning it away was a bad choice.

After a deep breath she raises her voice a bit and smiles weakly up at her boyfriend. "And even if I make a good raid boss like Zebes insists, I'd almost certainly end up spending all my time doing that rather than cooking pancakes for you both. If we can figure out a way to get rid of the mantle, I'd love to do that first thing." She pauses a moment, considering something before snorting. "Well, second. But that's neither here nor there."

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

[Narrow Streets]

A somewhat nondescript young man has gathered before the elven chanter, looking on with an intrigued expression upon his face.

His outfit isn't any particularly identifying, consisting of a faded graphic tee worn beneath a dark flannel jacket. His jeans are tight and ripped from wear, rather than out of style. Heavy workboots rise up to his calves, the worn black leather having grown malleable long ago. Finally, a simple trucker cap rests upon his head, bathing the upper half of his face in shadow. As he listens to her, his eyes meet her own. Seconds later, he steps forward. He wasn't sure what he was doing, but in truth, by now he was desperate for any sort of answer.

For months he'd been plagued by unsettling thoughts. Several times, he'd nearly succumbed to these dark desires, only to change course at the last moment.

Could it be that it wasn't his fault at all, but rather the workings of some outsider?

"I have heard... voices." mumbles the man.
    Narrow Streets

The woman seems to smile gently before kneeling down to bring herself level with the young man, even going so far as to try and take one of his hands within her own if he'd let her. Was she always so tall? No, she couldn't have been, yet she was now kneeling to be head level with him. She was surely just an elf. "Tell me, young one, what did you see? Do not fear for prosecution from the crowd for they do not matter. Those with closed minds would not feel the draw to be Embraced regardless." She says gently, encouragingly. Her presence and voice feels like a Mother's, warming and loving, comforting and all-surrounding and all-knowing. Should he have had the dreams in truth, they come in many varieties but they all come with the undeniable sensation of being loved and wanted by someone needing help. And being so close to what could only be called a Priestess, there was a sense that lies would be noticed with ease.

It was not a magical sensation, but a presence of the mind, a constant pressure that seemed to surround her.

"Please, tell me. If you have indeed been Touched by the Dancer, we have much to discuss."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2021-05-02 at 09:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forbidden Knowledge – Mahou Church]

Yeah! Showing up late is definitely romantic-dramatic.

"Yeah, okay," Venus says. She follows. "Yeah, I think that direction is south." Seems reasonable.
    She isn't entirely sure if she should say anything about the wall, or just pretend climbing it is the only decent way to get there. "Well..." What would be the nicer thing to say or do?

Venus herself goes to the side of the wall. "Yeah, good point, if you climb up there then you'll be able to..." see? "hear? things better." Halfway through the sentence, she goes around the wall so that her voice sounds a little more muffled. There, that way he might be able to hear that there's a way around the wall without having to climb it.

Suddenly, though, in the exact direction Harley went, there's a blast of bright energy. "Oh! Well, something's going on. An explosion?"

"Climb?" Reinholdt reaches forward and kind of scrapes the wall he was about to bump right into. "Oh. Uh, yes. That is indeed the plan! Umm... was. Best if I stick with you. Yes." Rein says as he follows the walls edge to keep up with Venus.

"Oh it's probably nothing." A moment later Reinholdt realizes that is not true. "Wait a minute, we're not in the labs."

Explosions happen all the time in labs. Everyone knows this. That's how science happens. "Yeah, it's probably something. Let's go that way!" Ignoring common sense, Rein starts heading towards the explosions! Carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #86

Pennilan's Tavern

Jim blushes a little, the color going straight to his large ears.
    "Well I was delivering something to the Lady who runs those woods around the perimeter of Riverside, you know? And she's always got those bees and she invited me for a drink and I really wanted to know what the mead was like and well, it honestly turned out pretty alright even if I only remember half of it. I learned not to trust my usual limits around strange faerie drinks. But! This stuff I know quite well. It's my dad's. Supposedly we come from faun blood, you know. The fact that I'm one now is entirely coincidental. He spent ages asking if I thought keeping the label was insensitive." he chuckles.
    "Either way, it sounds like you deserve to have something if it's been that long since you've treated yourself. To your first drink in however long." He may have to cut her off if she's a rowdy drunk like the folk-tales depict. And well...he's been told he's a little on the rowdy side himself despite the previous incident proving his loyalty. But he's not super worried as the bottle isn't a particularly large one. Grandpa Puck didn't like selling large bottles specifically since he thought they encouraged people to drink too much at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Two Detectives]

"I have the techniques under complete control." Michalson seems fairly firm on the subject. "If I don't use them actively, all that happens is that I'm more resistant to magic than most. It does seem to make magic-users uncomfortable to witness it, but I've never observed adverse effects beyond that. I still won't use it willy-nilly."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Sewer System]

The sewers are not just sewers, but join and intertwine with caverns, ruins, things buried and forgotten.
    It is dark, except for the blue-glow of the fiends' eyes, and quiet, except for trickling wastewater. The smell, though, that's present everywhere out here.
    What will the golems notice first, as they make their way towards the angels' home? The inhuman screams and gasps echoing down the cramped sewer passages? The smell of muk-filled blood? The faintest glints of orange light? Or would they be taken by surprise when an emaciated half-demonic hound leaps out (from the wrong direction!?) and runs past, barely seeing them?
    [SwordWoman]

In Harley's experience, even just impaling something isn't enough, most of the time. (Well, it works with people, but she's talking about recent experience.) Can't let her guard down.

She breathes in, and out, to focus and make sure there's nobody in the way of her plan. She raises her arms and swords unfold and take the shape of spread wings behind her. Grabbing them one by one, she throws more swords: this time, not at the elemental-spirit, but instead on the buildings around it, making a rough pentagon around it.

After grabbing a sixth sword (which she drops below her, to double-check how far the ground is: she doesn't want to fall to the same mistake that Rein did and misjudge the distance to the ground), the magical Harley jumps down off the building, and lands in the stereotypical superhero landing pose. One hand reaches for the sword she dropped.

The other hand then raises up and snaps, as she says the name of an attack. (She just made up the name! She's not sure if it's going to stick or not.) "Fallen Angel Fang."

The five pentagon-swords then explode into spiritual energy, and their energy converges on the first sword she threw: an energy attack hopefully converging on the elemental she threw it towards.
    Pennilan's Tavern

"Oh, that lady. Is she still around? I've kept clear of the woods due to the rumors." She waves her hand in a vague gesture. "No offense to her, I just don't have any free time for, eh, activities like that. Faerie drinks would be completely out of the question with all my obligations." She let's out a nervous laugh. "But a toast then, for free time!" She raises her glass and will knock it into Jim's, assuming he does the same, and then take a deep sip.

She's really treating this wine as if it was beer.

Then she takes a good look at her now almost empty glass. "Wow, this does take me back. Don't think I've had any wine in this life."

[SwordWoman]

The strange being seems to have some idea of where the sword came from and have started to move in the opposite direction. Meanwhile, it's body have started to reform in new ways. The pages it's made up of breaks away at the lower part of its body, leaving the sword to fall to the ground as the elemental reforms itself to what seems to be a gigantic butterfly-like shape. It's clear that no matter what shape it takes the pages that the blade pierced are still damaged however.
    Of course, the being can't do this quickly enough to be outside the blast zone as Harley unleashes her barrage of spiritual energy. It's knocked prone as the papers that make up its form end up in a big pile next to the explosion. It will start to stirr after a few moments though so the creature is still alive.

[Sewer System]

The golems aren't very reactive to their environment, lacking or perhaps not needing the danger assessment of biological creatures. They simply stare ahead and march forward towards their intended destination which probably is in the same direction those screams are coming from. The known location of the angels stronghold.

They will however pause if the tunnel they're going through widens enough that they no longer are able to cover it.

As for the demons, to simplify things they're going to be known as the Red and Blue group henceforth.
    The red group being the fiends made of flesh and blood that have the hounds along with them and the blue the metal fiends that lack the hounds.

The red group will keep close together until the tunnel they're going through start to divert into side-passages when two of the fiends will start barking orders to the hounds. Eager to obey, the canines open their maws, letting out long snake-like tongues that will 'taste' the air around them. This is a special breed of hounds that specializes in tracking down and identifying other demons and their scent can detect where the concentration of demons likely is the heaviest and what kind of demons that have been through here.

Of course, they can also smell non-demons but their scent is most accurate when demons are involved.

The blue group don't get too far away from their starting position before they suddenly stop and put down a metal case one of them have been carrying. Opening it, they unleash a small swarm of what anyone that was in the Riverside invasion likely would recognize as legion-drones.

These do not seem to have the same purpose as their more aggressive counterparts however and instead of keeping themselves in a swarm formation these fly off individually and start to scout ahead. Each one could fit comfortably in the palm of a human's hand and either fly along the ceiling or keep themselves submerged in sewer water as they move through the sewers.

They produce faint pulses of a form of echo-location which should give them a pretty good idea of what's down here.

[Two Detectives]

"Even more useful than I thought then. Especially in law-enforcement. I had originally thought there would be other draw-backs, hence the questioning, but I suppose the difficulty must come from a steep learning curve then. How long did it take for you to master?" Have they stopped or does Michalson seem to be walking in any particular direction? There's probably a lot of noise coming from his communicator at the moment considering the elementals in the city.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Necropolis of Kysimax

The skeleton turns the blade around in his hands, gripping it by the blade and offers it, hilt first, to Venus. Whether or not she takes it, he steps around her, looking her over. Then he beckons with one hand and begins leaving the chamber.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Pennilan's Tavern

"I don't actually know. I met her the one time and that was it." And then a toast!
    Jim is quite noticeably savoring his drink a bit more. "Well, you've made it sound like that's quite a lot. I hope you can remember how to pace yourself. We haven't even ordered food yet! Oh right, do you have dietary restrictions? I know a lot of satyrs are vegetarian. Or barely eat anything.
    I guess I can be proud of my family's stuff being your first taste in ages."
    Jim starts flipping through the menu a bit even though he's already read in a hundred times already. It would be a shame if they got all the way here and she couldn't eat anything.

Flying Palace

"Commissar would love you either way but I think yours do miss you." Zebes mutters. By the door they can hear the gentle thumping of the houndour's short tail on the floor as his name gets mentioned.
    Jace gently rubs Veronica's shoulder as he sits down next to her. He has a habit of doing that when they're together and he isn't sure what to do with his hands.
    "Well, I imagine the most likely ways would be to either spend enough time outside the Palace for it to 'fall off' or publicly renounce it at its heart and witnesses. Unless there's another ritual in that old book of your grandmother's." He stares off toward the wall.
    "But if nothing else, we gotta make sure we get through your bucket list. Before you put the mantle in the bucket, you know? I don't think we ever got that dance in the palace's garden under the moon."
    "Yeah, I got the band to practice and everything."
    Jace knows that look. That's a look Veronica gives him so rarely. And frankly, he's learned at this point that just saying he gets it isn't really what she needs to hear. Far better that they start making plans. Veronica has always been far more attuned to throwing herself at things in Jace's experience. But that's why she's got wings, isn't it?

29. - Top - End - #89

[Forbidden Knowledge - Mahou Church => SwordWoman]

Bright lights are probably not nothing, even in labs, Venus thinks. Except certain labs. Only certain labs have explosions, but that's very few labs, is how she thinks science works. She must come from a world that has a very strange kind of science.

"Okay. Yeah, this way then," Venus says. She can see it and she can see the walls and gutters and everything so she figures she can go first best.

They eventually get there, to the street where Harley and the spirit-elemental is. They can see (or...hear) it going on.

Venus, not having a blindfold, is blindsided when she sees the wounded elemental and presumably something not-good starts happening. Especially since she is a fairy.

[SwordWoman]

Harley decides she needs to step up her echolocation: she turns her right hand's fingernails metal and with one finger starts tapping on it repeatedly.
    With so many swords and energy around, most of the civilians have fled so she believes it's safe enough for her to approach now.

With her left hand, she reaches behind herself and draws a fancy ancient sword with spikes and an orange glow to it.

It probably would have been best to run up and immediately follow-up with another attack while it was knocked down, but. . .
    being blindfolded, Harley ends up approaching a lot more slowly and cautiously than would be good, as she waits to see what the elemental will do. After all, she can't tell whether it's actually knocked down and helpless, or if it's getting down low and is preparing.

[Necropoplis of Kysimax]

The skeleton was holding it in his right hand, so Venus figures it's a right-handed sword.

She takes it.

Honestly, it feels a little weird holding it like this. She switches it to her left hand (and the glowing flower to her right) to get a feel for it, then back to her right. What is she supposed to do with it? Why did it want the sword, just to give it back to her? But everything feels backwards and weird. Sure, she could probably handle it but...okay, it's weird.

The only thing she can do is follow the skeleton, so she does that. She follows the skeleton.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2021-05-04 at 01:39 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #90

[Forbidden Knowledge - Heresy Fighters]

The other, they stop, almost stumbling over the ground.
    "You don't know how to use a sword." the golden figure says, not really allowing any questioning into their voice.
    "Take this." With their lightly armored right hand, they take something from their belt - a little pocket blow-torch - and toss it to the purple woman.

[Perfectly Normal Walk]

Probably most people wouldn't appreciate the poignancy of ghost trains the way June would.

"There is a way around, to the northeast. But it's also dangerous. I was hoping they would move on."
    The bug-person peers nervously up the manhole.
    "What are you doing here, anyway?"

[Wandering Into Trouble]

The astronaut slowly tilts back and forth, as if nodding without even the semblance of a head.
    "Not so important then. Neither I."
    The rock stops at the bank of weird air. There is no deceleration, no trouble with inertia; it simply isn't moving any more.
    In the bank of air are holes, puddles, portals like they one they entered through. Countless openings of various sizes, they are every color but red.

"Come on."
    The astronaut jumps up from the rock, and comes down on the portal-riddled bank of solid air.
    It's a long jump. It really doesn't look safe, for all that gravity is being strange here.

[Sewer System Red]

There have been demons all over this place.
    Back behind them, there seems to have been lots of imps. Well, half-imps, really, and a few quarter-imps. Another kind too, not like any of the angels they've seen. Big, solitary, kind of leathery and accordian-like. Fully demonic.
    Then to their left, traces of angels of various sorts.
    A very human-like demon had been very close to here for a long time, but just recently, within the week, they've vanished.
    And from the scent trails, once in a while a half-demon comes through here. The little six-legged ones called hounds, though, they're not very much like these hounds at all.

They'll come across a few quarter-demons scattered throughout these very sewers. Tiny, immobile creatures, each barely more than a small eyeball. Each quietly watching.

[Sewer System Blue]

The golems should be so lucky, but no. The angel stronghold is roughly 'ahead', the screaming off to the right and a little behind them.

The hound scampers past them, stopping only when it sees the metal fiends. Something behind its bulging, shimmering eyes watches with a bleary curiousity - What are these strange machines? Should it remember? Should it care? Or are they merely part of the endless pointless distractions of the Nexus?

The legion-drones start mapping things out - the way ahead is filled with spiderwebs and the occasional giant spider.
    Off to the right, where there was screaming, the sewers are broken by a vast crevasse. Strange creatures are moving there - fighting each other?
    To the left, a collection of pipes and ladders leads to other levels of the layered system of sewers, catacombs, and caves.
    Behind them, just more filthy water.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-05-03 at 10:16 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine