New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Worst Part Of A Great Campaign

My barbarian campaign, which I've written about from time to time, has ended. Started at level 3. Reached level 20 but at a Campaign Plot relevant milestone rush at the end. It played for 3 and half real world years. Sadly there's no sequel. DM wants to take a break. Maybe he'll start again when the Virus Apocalypse is over. I will be missing the gaming group and playing this character terribly. It's not officially over yet. Next week is a one-shot playing NPCs we know in another part of the final battle. The following game is an Epilogue to roleplay our retirement. Then it's over. Fortunately I have another active campaign going, I DM another, and hopefully an old one is coming back to life. Another is on Apocalypse hiatus.

But I really, really hate this part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Worst Part Of A Great Campaign

Hey I mean.. dang that sounds like a legendary campaign!! Best of luck in wrapping everything up!!
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Worst Part Of A Great Campaign

Sounds like a lot of fun for a wrap-up! As a DM I always feel like my campaign endings fall a little flat, and a part of that comes from that most of the endings seem to coincide with major life changes among my players (a player moving, sudden schedule changes, etc.), so I have to wrap things up quickly. Wrap-up is an art, and definitely one I have yet to master.
    The not-so-secret identity of Nat1Advice.
    I also write more serious 5e content on my blog, TBM Games.