Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Worst Part Of A Great Campaign

My barbarian campaign, which I've written about from time to time, has ended. Started at level 3. Reached level 20 but at a Campaign Plot relevant milestone rush at the end. It played for 3 and half real world years. Sadly there's no sequel. DM wants to take a break. Maybe he'll start again when the Virus Apocalypse is over. I will be missing the gaming group and playing this character terribly. It's not officially over yet. Next week is a one-shot playing NPCs we know in another part of the final battle. The following game is an Epilogue to roleplay our retirement. Then it's over. Fortunately I have another active campaign going, I DM another, and hopefully an old one is coming back to life. Another is on Apocalypse hiatus.

But I really, really hate this part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgresAreCute View Post
    "Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition, where the DCs are made up and the rules don't matter."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Worst Part Of A Great Campaign

Hey I mean.. dang that sounds like a legendary campaign!! Best of luck in wrapping everything up!!
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Worst Part Of A Great Campaign

Sounds like a lot of fun for a wrap-up! As a DM I always feel like my campaign endings fall a little flat, and a part of that comes from that most of the endings seem to coincide with major life changes among my players (a player moving, sudden schedule changes, etc.), so I have to wrap things up quickly. Wrap-up is an art, and definitely one I have yet to master.
    The not-so-secret identity of Nat1Advice.
    I also write more serious 5e content on my blog, TBM Games.