Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Titan's Return (Freeform Worldbuilding Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    I think you're looking at a table from another game. Fabled Life isn't on the tables here, and hasn't been in the rules for a while.

That also would not be the reason then. No idea. I'll try hosting it somewhere else.
    I'll chalk it up to a mystery since.. I am pretty sure it was once here, and yeah the only lords of creation I've accessed today is this.

2. - Top - End - #62

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite
    I'm rather uncreative when it comes to names (my last two naming ideas sounded like store-brought antidepressants), so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to it.

@KragBrightscale Originally, I feared that our concepts were too similar, but actually I see potential for a lot of fun dynamics between Prickroot and Protoscolex once the game starts.
    I must admit, naming is hard for me too. I spent way to much time looking up the Binomial names of various species of worms, until I read about the Megascolex something. Wikipedia is a black hole to me. Figured out scolex means worm in Greek then added Proto as a prefix to indicate being the origin.

Yes, I see what you mean, lots of interaction potential there.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KragBrightscale View Post
    Alright, Iíve gone back and fleshed it out a little. Let me know if itís up to scratch or still needs another revamp. I also expanded the focus a little from just earthworms to tunneling creatures (which would include worms, but is more conducive to my plans for creating sentient life)
    Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Second Draft:
    Magnificat, the Stalker

Player Name: Feathersnow

domains (portfolio): Animal (livestock), Evil (hunting)

Alignment: LE

Symbol: What is your god's personal sigil? the number 11, a (usually red) five-pointed star inside a (usually green)hexagon

Appearance: What does your God look like? A red, raw-skinned Displacer Beast with goat horns and a beard. Her horns drip blood even as she chews cud constantly.

Personality: What is your God like:
    Magnificat is a great teacher who shows the people how to survive at the expense of others. She taught the people to enslave and prey on beasts to feed themselves. Her greatest lesson, however, is patience.

Dogma: The strong deserve to take what they want. The weak exist to provide for them. The greatest strength is endurance.
    Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Wow, a lot happened while I was asleep. Better get this out.

Name, Epitaph: Malenor,
    The thinker. The first thought. The giver of will.
    The holder of dreams, thoughts and memories.

Player Name: Holy Hunter

Domains (Portfolios):
    Thoughts (Will)
    Second one pending creation story

Alignment: This is the beginning of all things, what is good or evil. There are yet no laws to follow. If such things were defined, Malenor sits on an awkward wavering fence between all.
    While he does not condone needles wanton destruction, he does not oppose it either for even violence was born from and provokes new thoughts.
    Actions made in haste without contemplation, the extinguishing of ideas and anything that prevents them from being is what upset him.

Symbol: 3 Stars creating an upside triangle, with the right corner slightly lower than the left. Often with lines reaching up from them depicting them as falling.

Appearance: He is a bright majestic star-filled night sky manifested into form. A deep dark endless absence is confined within his featureless shadowy silhouette.
    Inside or of his form there is a depth and vastness near beyond recognition. Littered throughout the intangible body are bright glowing golden specs. They are there yet also so far away. Looking into him is like looking through a portal into the night sky.
    For a mortal to gaze upon him they are instantly caught in a spell of wonder.

His voice alone without words is known to provoke thoughts. Itís melodic and soothing. A powerful distant echo. Seemingly coming from some faraway distance while simultaneously being whispered into the ear or born within ones very own mind.

Personality: Malenor is a patient, calm and ponderous god. He often possesses a light playful happiness. He is not one of wanting and is easily content.
    While a possessor of many opinions, they may easily sway as easily as the wind from day to day with the finding of a new thought. Due to this he lacks a great deal of commitment and decisiveness.
    He is a believer of freedoms, but even when those are opposed he can be slow to act. But, be assured, when he does act he is a force to be reckoned.

Dogma: I think and therefore I am.
    Contemplation is the path to all rightful action.
    Haste is the enemy of idea and can make any errand a Foolís one.
    Approved.
    Last edited by Razade; 2021-04-19 at 10:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64

Planetar

The submission reuploaded.

Boo ,The Fairy Godmother

Player Name: Totadileplayz

Domains (Portfolios): Temptation (Illusions), Fae (Dark Fae)

Symbol: A Ring be it natural, or man-made consisting of the mushroom Marasmius oreades. Known as the fairy ring mushroom due to it's use as a symbol for the Fairy Godmother.

Appearance:

Personality: Boo is a fairy and not just a fairy, but the fairy godmother of the Winter court. While this may be the only court. Boo is certain there should be another though she doesn't remember where it went, or if she is simply imagining things.

As any fairy, Boo is a fan of tricks and traps. Though this may seem arbitrary, she is well versed in temptation in particular, always giving some illusory breadcrumb or treat, that causes people to lose their way, or suffer unjustly. Though she doesn't directly trick her own races, nor do the tricks she pulls actively decimate populations, or ruin the land.

While curses, may seem to be appropriate this also tailors her other abilities. Creations of a plane of fae, blessings that interact to cause just a tiny bit more mischief. She does not hate any God, and will always lend a hand when asked, and is likely to tailor her creations to be subsidiary to another if she can.

Boo, is not chaotic as depicted of the fae race, rather she does have rules, while she will not tell anyone what they are she is very likely to react in similar fashions given similar conditions, and it is known there are only ten of them in total. She will never break one, even if they are abused to make her act in a certain way.

The most obvious candidate for a rule?
    Boo, is known to be a bit physically intimate with others, as she tends to bump people on the head with her wand when she speaks to them always lightly, and always twice in succession. This seems to be done every single time before she says her name, or at least intends to as the reaction of the person she speaks to may stop her from saying her name.

Dogma: Embrace, The Tricks and Traps and eat the treats.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    The submission reuploaded.

Boo ,The Fairy Godmother

Player Name: Totadileplayz

Domains (Portfolios): Temptation (Illusions), Fae (Dark Fae)

Symbol: A Ring be it natural, or man-made consisting of the mushroom Marasmius oreades. Known as the fairy ring mushroom due to it's use as a symbol for the Fairy Godmother.

Appearance:

Personality: Boo is a fairy and not just a fairy, but the fairy godmother of the Winter court. While this may be the only court. Boo is certain there should be another though she doesn't remember where it went, or if she is simply imagining things.

As any fairy, Boo is a fan of tricks and traps. Though this may seem arbitrary, she is well versed in temptation in particular, always giving some illusory breadcrumb or treat, that causes people to lose their way, or suffer unjustly. Though she doesn't directly trick her own races, nor do the tricks she pulls actively decimate populations, or ruin the land.

While curses, may seem to be appropriate this also tailors her other abilities. Creations of a plane of fae, blessings that interact to cause just a tiny bit more mischief. She does not hate any God, and will always lend a hand when asked, and is likely to tailor her creations to be subsidiary to another if she can.

Boo, is not chaotic as depicted of the fae race, rather she does have rules, while she will not tell anyone what they are she is very likely to react in similar fashions given similar conditions, and it is known there are only ten of them in total. She will never break one, even if they are abused to make her act in a certain way.

The most obvious candidate for a rule?
    Boo, is known to be a bit physically intimate with others, as she tends to bump people on the head with her wand when she speaks to them always lightly, and always twice in succession. This seems to be done every single time before she says her name, or at least intends to as the reaction of the person she speaks to may stop her from saying her name.

Dogma: Embrace, The Tricks and Traps and eat the treats.
    Approved .

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

New page, new table.
    Spoiler: Application Table
    Show
    Player
    Deity
    Domains
    Status
    Feathersnow Magnificat,
    The Stalker
    Animal (livestock),
    Evil (hunting)
    Approved
    Holy Hunter Malenor,
    The Thinker.
    Will (Thoughts),
    TBA (TBA)
    Approved
    Razade JyníHao,
    The Primacy
    Fire (Elemental Fire),
    Water (Elemental Water)
    Approved
    Omoikane13 Foras Cinn,
    The Marching Prism
    Earth (Crystal),
    Knowledge (Invention)
    Approved
    KragBrightscale Protoscolex, The One Who Tills The World Agriculture (Tilling), Animals (Tunneling Creatures) Approved
    Totadileplayz Boo,
    The Fairy Godmother
    Temptation (Illusions),
    Fae (Dark Fae)
    Approved
    Justanotherhero Cha Buodon,
    Lord of Tides
    Chance (Gambling),
    Ocean (Sea Creatures)
    Approved
    PlusFiveVorpalBunny Varfort,
    The Verdant Titan
    Nature (Growth),
    Strength (Strengthening)
    Approved
    Angsty Anubite Prickroot,
    The World Spine
    Healing (Life),
    Sensation (Pain)
    Approved
    dancrilis Ikkima,
    The Beauteous Beast
    Death (Murder),
    Appearance (Innocence)
    Approved
    Last edited by Angsty Anubite; 2021-04-20 at 05:59 PM. Reason: I like formatting.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    As a general rule I don't bother with discord (something about using it always finds ways to end up annoying me - for instance the HERE link in the opening post doesn't have anything that I am seeing) - but might keep an eye on it but normally I would review these forums.

For a god I am thinking:
    Spoiler: Ikkima
    Show

Ikkima, The Beauteous Beast, The Polite Nightmare, The Hidden Truth
    Player Name: dancrilis

Domains (Portfolios): Death (Murder), Appearance (Innocence)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Symbol: An exquisite chalice of red wine which on examination seems carved from a number of bones.

Appearance: Ikkima appears as an attractive young woman in light summer clothes, but on close inspection the clothes seemed formed of the stuff of souls and horror. She normally wears an easy smile that can be chilling depending on how she is encountered.

Personality: One might expect her to be a bloodthirsty monster or a smooth deciever but in truth she regards her role as more a job, one she takes seriously but not one she particularly likes - if creatures want to kill others they should at least do it correctly and cover their tracks afterwards - but she doesn't really care about it to much instead engaging in hobbies more then expanding her portfilios unless particular events calls her attention in which case she generally moves fairly efficiently.

Dogma (for mortals): Getting away with something is more important then doing something - therefore the belief of guilt or innocence is more important then actual guilt or innocence.
    Approved.

For those who are interested, we've got a Discord. I will DM you. Waiting to see how much else/who else wants to make characters. I'll make an OOC by Friday.
    Last edited by Razade; 2021-04-20 at 04:41 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Approved.

For those who are interested, we've got a Discord. I will DM you. Waiting to see how much else/who else wants to make characters. I'll make an OOC by Friday.
    Am I on ignore?
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here for 16 years, but I've lost access to my other account.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

We've got 10 players now so I intend to make the IC thread, and an OOC thread for those who don't want to interface with the Discord, on Friday. We are still recruiting. Lords of Creation are always recruiting.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Please don't bother responding to me anymore. I'm not interested.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here for 16 years, but I've lost access to my other account.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    OK. When I get home Imma put my ideas together but for now....

[roll0]
    Looking forward to it. Mostly waiting to see what you come up with.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

I applied once a long time ago but didn't have time sadly. Hopefully this time will work better.

Will post a concept later.
    Rule Number One: Do not steal cookies.

Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, a new LoC. I remember a time when I derped hard in these. So then, against my better judgement... Behold. Overworked retail sun god.

Spoiler: I regret everything
    Show
    Renarr, The Sleepless Radiant

Player Name: Gnomes2169

Domains (Portfolios): Light (The Dawn), Mortals (Advisor)

Alignment: Exhausted (though typically good, and often times lawful)

Symbol: A solar disk eclipsed with the tip of a spire.

Appearance: This goddess is often depicted as a young, bleach-white-skinned, silver haired and crimson eyed beauty in the works of mortals, draped in robes of flowing gold, often standing above them as she casts down advice or judgement. And to be fair, that's what she looks like... to them.

To the other gods, Renarr looks exhausted. Her day started with a star burning in her skull, causing her to wake up with a splitting migraine, and life has not gotten much better since. Her smile looks forced, her left eye sometimes twitches unconsciously, and that robe she put on is there because she didn't have the time or motivation to find something cleaner to toss over her head. The goddess's shoulder-blade length hair is pulled back in a simple pony tail, though two locks are left draped over her shoulders because they slipped out at some point and it's just too much effort to-

Renarr does not wear shoes and often carries a writing surface and medium on her person. The particular writing implements and the clothes she wears will evolve with the times.

Personality: Renarr is a bit of a busybody. She's always around to give advice, despite her muttered objections and seeming annoyance at being asked for it. She constantly wants to sleep, but there's too much work that needs to get done and no one else seems to be thinking about (and/or capable of) doing it. She's a bit of a control freak, but it's so people will learn to do everything for themselves so that she can finally stop doing it for them. She may accidentally come up with more efficient ways to do things simply in the name of saving time.

In conversation, Renarr tends to be short spoken and a bit terse. She's still motherly enough to mortals not to come off as abrasive or mean-spirited, but she also does not suffer babbling or worshipers being incredibly stupid. Because it's a simple knot that you've tied 300 times- just- you- LASH TWICE AND LOOP ONCE THEN PULL LIKE THIS YOU STUPID-

With other gods, she respects other deities that work to make an order to things, especially if it comes to other mortals (because it means less work for her,) and she would really rather appreciate it if the more destructive or chaotic gods would just stop for five minutes so that she could take a nap here. She won't be out-right hostile, but she will also make certain that it's understood just how not appreciated all the blowing up of her stuff is.

Early plans: Make some sentient mortals (not sure what kind yet... something long lived enough to learn from her without dying every few decades of being old,) create a sun and planetary orbit, cry into a cup of ambrosia coffee... not 100% certain on any of this, but it seems like a good outline to me.

Text color: Because I'm special and this is what we did back in my LoC day, this will be the color that Renarr will speak in.

And there you go. Spoilered for your convenience.

14. - Top - End - #74

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    Ah, a new LoC. I remember a time when I derped hard in these. So then, against my better judgement... Behold. Overworked retail sun god.

Show

Appearance: This goddess is often depicted as a young, bleach-white-skinned, silver haired and crimson eyed beauty in the works of mortals, draped in robes of flowing gold, often standing above them as she casts down advice or judgement. And to be fair, that's what she looks like... to them.

To the other gods, Renarr looks exhausted. Her day started with a star burning in her skull, causing her to wake up with a splitting migraine, and life has not gotten much better since. Her smile looks forced, her left eye sometimes twitches unconsciously, and that robe she put on is there because she didn't have the time or motivation to find something cleaner to toss over her head. The goddess's shoulder-blade length hair is pulled back in a simple pony tail, though two locks are left draped over her shoulders because they slipped out at some point and it's just too much effort to-

Renarr does not wear shoes and often carries a writing surface and medium on her person. The particular writing implements and the clothes she wears will evolve with the times.

Personality: Renarr is a bit of a busybody. She's always around to give advice, despite her muttered objections and seeming annoyance at being asked for it. She constantly wants to sleep, but there's too much work that needs to get done and no one else seems to be thinking about (and/or capable of) doing it. She's a bit of a control freak, but it's so people will learn to do everything for themselves so that she can finally stop doing it for them. She may accidentally come up with more efficient ways to do things simply in the name of saving time.

In conversation, Renarr tends to be short spoken and a bit terse. She's still motherly enough to mortals not to come off as abrasive or mean-spirited, but she also does not suffer babbling or worshipers being incredibly stupid. Because it's a simple knot that you've tied 300 times- just- you- LASH TWICE AND LOOP ONCE THEN PULL LIKE THIS YOU STUPID-

With other gods, she respects other deities that work to make an order to things, especially if it comes to other mortals (because it means less work for her,) and she would really rather appreciate it if the more destructive or chaotic gods would just stop for five minutes so that she could take a nap here. She won't be out-right hostile, but she will also make certain that it's understood just how not appreciated all the blowing up of her stuff is.

Early plans: Make some sentient mortals (not sure what kind yet... something long lived enough to learn from her without dying every few decades of being old,) create a sun and planetary orbit, cry into a cup of ambrosia coffee... not 100% certain on any of this, but it seems like a good outline to me.

Text color: Because I'm special and this is what we did back in my LoC day, this will be the color that Renarr will speak in.

Suns been created. No planetary orbit. Just an establishment of sun exists. Moon has to for that matter.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post

Show

Approved.

Suns been created. No planetary orbit. Just an establishment of sun exists. Moon has to for that matter.
    Partially true. The Sun and Moon orbit the First World.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair enough. Could also just wake up in the middle of the smun, donít need to be its creator or anything.

Approved.

Partially true. The Sun and Moon orbit the First World.
    Danke!

And what? Now thatís just silly. Who designed this? I swear, you give engineers free reign with the physics engine for twenty minutes, and... :P

17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground

Has this game officially started yet? Still might throw a god into the mix.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Has this game officially started yet? Still might throw a god into the mix.
    The game has started yes, the IC and OOC thread are linked on the first post. I'm at text limit so I can't really do much more with the first post.

19. - Top - End - #79

The game has started yes, the IC and OOC thread are linked on the first post. I'm at text limit so I can't really do much more with the first post.
    Ah. Didn't think to recheck the first post. I was looking towards the end of the thread. Got it.

20. - Top - End - #80

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Titan's Return (Closed)

{Scrubbed} Did I just get kicked from the discord?
    Last edited by truemane; 2021-04-28 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Scrubbed

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    I applied once a long time ago but didn't have time sadly. Hopefully this time will work better.

Will post a concept later.
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Ah. Didn't think to recheck the first post. I was looking towards the end of the thread. Got it.
    So, we're actually discussing restarting the game. Things got off to a rocky start. So if you're still interested in joining, chances are high atm that we'll be putting out a new recruitment thread next week.
    Last edited by Razade; 2021-04-27 at 11:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

eek Re: Lords of Creation: Titan's Return (Freeform Worldbuilding Game)

So, we're actually discussing restarting the game. Things got off to a rocky start. So if you're still interested in joining, chances are high atm that we'll be putting out a new recruitment thread next week.
    ... Interesting...