Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Titan's Return (Freeform Worldbuilding Game)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    Hrm , in this case I'm not thinking of power as "omnipotence" or having to do anything. I'd say it's attack but that seems a little odd as well. Raw Force maybe?
    Sure the Raw Force domain. Can work.

2. - Top - End - #32

Kobold

How do you feel now about my character's domains/portfolios? Do you think Power, as in offensive out put would work as a domain?
    I think that domains/portfolios make more sense once they are combined with an image or concept of what your deity figure is like and what they do. so giving feedback on that without seeing the whole picture might not provide much help, either way Iíll give my input.

Magic (ritual): lots of potential for interesting development, I like this. I could see this being favored by more studious, the patient, prepared, or those whose seek magic power beyond what they can achieve as an individual.

Doesnít seem like we have many others starting with magic so you could have lots of opportunities for partnering to create the more advanced concepts. For one, my deity would be down for partnering to create agriculture related magic rituals.

Power (thunder): it could work, depends on how you frame it.

Though based on your referenced comment of alluding to offensive output, Iím wondering if there isnít a better domain to use and achieve the same goal. power seems like something every deity could claim to have.

Regarding offensive output, have you considered war/combat/destruction/disaster? How would a mortal view your offensive output?

Thunder: is this in connection to thunder and lightning? And therefore related to the sky or storm domains? Or is the deityís loud booming voice what causes the heavens to shake?

If youíve got a rough idea for the appearance/personality/dogma of your deity itís a lot easier to figure out the domains, at least it was for me.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by KragBrightscale View Post
    I think that domains/portfolios make more sense once they are combined with an image or concept of what your deity figure is like and what they do. so giving feedback on that without seeing the whole picture might not provide much help, either way Iíll give my input.

Magic (ritual): lots of potential for interesting development, I like this. I could see this being favored by more studious, the patient, prepared, or those whose seek magic power beyond what they can achieve as an individual.

Doesnít seem like we have many others starting with magic so you could have lots of opportunities for partnering to create the more advanced concepts. For one, my deity would be down for partnering to create agriculture related magic rituals.

Power (thunder): it could work, depends on how you frame it.

Though based on your referenced comment of alluding to offensive output, Iím wondering if there isnít a better domain to use and achieve the same goal. power seems like something every deity could claim to have.

Regarding offensive output, have you considered war/combat/destruction/disaster? How would a mortal view your offensive output?

Thunder: is this in connection to thunder and lightning? And therefore related to the sky or storm domains? Or is the deityís loud booming voice what causes the heavens to shake?

If youíve got a rough idea for the appearance/personality/dogma of your deity itís a lot easier to figure out the domains, at least it was for me.

I will replace Power (Thunder) with Power (Voice. . . ) That works very well with Magic (Ritual) I was originally thinking of him being a lightning god and just calling it thunder.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here for 16 years, but I've lost access to my other account.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

K.

Little uncertain about domain/portfolios that we can start with. Based on the example given, I chose 2 broader domains, and then 1 specific portfolio for each. Correct me if Iím wrong.
    You are correct. I suggest people look at my submission (the only reason I really submitted this early) or the example God made with the Generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    I think i have a rough idea?

Spoiler: Magnificat, the Terror
    Show
    Player Name: Feathersnow

Domains ( domains: Animal, Evill

Alignment: LE

Symbol: What is your god's personal sigil? the number 11, a five-pointed star inside a hexagon

Appearance: What does your God look like? A Displacer Beast with goat horns and a beard

Personality: What is your God like: a stern and exacting mentor who believes in planning and fortitude above all

Is that close to right?
    It's not a bad start but it's really bare bones. It also doesn't fit the template, need portfolios and all that. I'd like to see a little more meat on the entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Omoikane13 View Post
    Hurrah, a recruitment thread. I'm all for a Discord, makes casual chat and inter-player interaction a bit easier.

Spoiler: Foras Cinn
    Show

Foras Cinn, the Marching Prism
    Player: Omoikane13
    Domains: Invention, Crystal
    EDIT: Or Earth (Crystal), Knowledge (Invention), not that it makes a difference to the rest of the flavour. Whichever reads better/functions better for gameplay.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Symbol: Most symbols are based on hexagons, tessellating if possible. Alternatively, an elongated "gemstone" hexagon. Represented physically by hexagonal prism gemstones, often pointed.
    Dogma: Creation of new patterns should be prioritised above all else. While it is good to maintain patterns, you should always be striving for more.

Appearance: When communicating with other divinities, Foras Cinn appears as a cloud of roughly hexagonal crystals, with smaller crystals surrounding a larger core. They each glow with a gentle internal light, proportional to their size.

When communicating with mortals, Foras Cinn is often represented by pillars, potentially of a seemingly infinite height, or hexagonal patterns that repeat as much as possible.

Personality: Many other deities wish to guard their portfolios and creations, protect them, preserve what makes them them. Foras Cinn sees the folly in this endeavour, and will pursue progress even when it may be ill-advised.
    It will not blink (metaphorically) if the development of some new weaponry would eliminate a previous creation from the world; it is the fault of that creation for not progressing, for not developing new patterns. This is even true of the creations of others. Foras Cinn sees no value in preserving traditions, ways of life, so on. Everything can be improved upon, everything can be refined.
    Bemusingly, this may gel with certain embodiments of evolution or survival, and Foras Cinn welcomes this as long as they maintain these ideals.

Foras Cinn's interactions with the mortal world do not tend towards monuments or fortresses of any kind. Instead, focus is given to patterns that can learn and develop, be that magic or being. This also means that Foras Cinn does not see the value in acts like making closed off cities, and even the most remote of civilisations will often find hexagonal pillars of crystal growing in caves beneath their cities, speaking to them and telling them to invent, to progress at all costs.
    Looks good. Approved.

Alright! Iím alright with using discord if thatís how we are doing this. Hereís my deity:

Spoiler: Protoscolex
    Show

Name, Epitaph: Protoscolex, The One Who Tills The World

Player: KragBrightscale

Domains (Portfolios): Agriculture (Tilling), and Animals (Earthworms)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance: True form is of a giant, brown, scaled worm of monstrous size, with a horrific toothed maw. They can appear as a humanoid of any gender for gatherings of deities or to their adherents. In humanoid form they usually appear having dark hair and tanned skin, carrying a hoe, and dressed like a simple farmer.

Personality: Hard working and down to earth, not overly attached but enjoys interacting with creatures that align with their values. Neutral towards other deities, reciprocates treatment, dislikes being involved in conflict, but will stand against wanton destruction. Nourishing benefactor to those who treat the land well, devourer of those who harm it.

Symbol: A worm coiled around a hoe.

Dogma: Work hard, take care of the land and the land will take care of you. Reciprocal justice, you reap what you sow.
    A little bare, but a good start. Quite a narrow focus as well but that's not always a bad thing. I'd like to see a little more meat before approval.

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Boo ,The Fairy Godmother

Player Name: Totadileplayz

Domains (Portfolios): Temptation (Illusions), Fae (Dark Fae)

Symbol: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...1Behg&usqp=CAU

Appearance: https://fsa.zobj.net/crop.php?r=qvop...I1m4sJzLGNO7jc

Personality: As the god of the fae, and the dark ones at that she is a trickster, and a tradester. As she follows ephemeral rules. She doesn't care about creation rather she cares about the results of creation. The fae that trick even the wariest of travellers, the places even the most adventurous sort can never find and the homebodies must crawl back from. If there is a goddess of tricks, she is it. As she loves to trick mortals, and that which she teaches is only in order for others to be fooled.
    Like the others, I'd like a little more would be nice, just just a few pictures. Even if they're worth a thousand words, part of this is to see how you write. This is, after all, a game with a lot of writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    Name, Cha Buodon

Player Name: Justanotherhero

Domains (Portfolios): Chance (Luck or Gambling if to broad) and Ocean ( Weather or Sea Creatures not sure)

The god of gamblers and sea farers. Cha Buodon is a traveling god assuming roles as pirate, merchant , gambler and wanderer. He grants luck to those that persevere and makes it a point to demonstrate a certain degree of godly power towards "The mighty" so they do not forget there mortal station. He believes that the sea should remain a mystery to a certain degree and wishes to facilitate the rise of travelers and merchants across the sea.

Alignment: Neutral

Symbol: Sailing ship on heavy waves.

Appearance: A stranger in many places Cha Buodon is a exotic stranger in any place he visits. Maybe appearing to be from the town over. Maybe appearing to be from the kingdom that once was an enemy.

Personality:
    A second generation Diety he is younger then some of his family members and somewhat cautious towards "elder gods".
    Some mortals have been unlucky enough to try to rob the traveling merchant and have learned the hard way that gods do hold a grudge. He is a romantic when it comes to his professions giving greater chances to rebels and free spirits with a cause to those that slaughter for the sake of blood lust. Giving a break to the unlucky ones and stepping in at last moment. He is eternal and wishes to travel and experience gladly investigating every new land that his allies and enemies create. He is known to occasionally sire children with mortals that become Hereos in there own right.
    Weather and Luck are both too broad for Portfolios as both are pretty common domains. Approved once you fix that however. Also of note, while it's cool if you want to flavor yourself as younger all Divinities accepted in the first round are technically First Generation.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    K.
    snip
    I fiddled with my WIP and it's finished.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here for 16 years, but I've lost access to my other account.

6. - Top - End - #36

Planetar

Like the others, I'd like a little more would be nice, just just a few pictures. Even if they're worth a thousand words, part of this is to see how you write. This is, after all, a game with a lot of writing.
    While I refuse to actually write an appearance description. I shall go more into detail for her character, and actually describe her symbol.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Varfort, The Verdant Titan

Player Name: PlusFiveVorpalBunny

Domains (Portfolios): Nature (Growth), Strength (Strengthening)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Symbol: A green/brown-skinned giant formed out of both flesh and the bark of a redwood tree, holding one of those trees in his right hand as a quarterstaff and a horn of plenty in his left, backed by a towering mountain reaching overhead, a morning sun shining down and a flowering meadow before his feet.

Appearance: A strongly muscular man, heavily tanned, with wild auburn hair and vivid green eyes. Twigs and leaves fill his hair, reaching up into a many-pointed, branching tree-like crown shining with a vibrant green light. Wearing simple clothes made of furs, leathers and leaves that include elements of the wildlife around him yet show his form beneath, he pairs this with a strong staff formed out of a tree also indigenous to the area he was last at, along with sandals built out of the same materials. Small flowers and trees grow from all these, their seeds regularly dropping into the earth, and his staff creates fertile ground with each bold press. By and in his left hand can be seen different things; a horn of plenty, a craftsman's hammer, a hunter's bow, an oaken shield, a wooden cradle. His size varies towards who he is talking to, but his favorite form tends towards around 30 feet tall; at a distance, he is often mistaken for a particularly thick tree.

Personality: At times calm and still like the deepest wood, at other times ferocious and vigorous like a rushing river, but at all times alive, Varfort embodies the nurturing and savage sides of nature in equal order. But, he says, he is more than that, and is an unapologetic lover of life in all its forms; often boisterous, playful, and always up for a new experience, he is the first to meet someone new, see something out of the ordinary or dare something others refuse to try. At the same time, he is also surprisingly organized and disciplined when he chooses to be, valuing gradual growth of both himself and the world around him; he wholeheartedly believes in building cities and bringing people together.

Because of this, he is generally one of the more compassionate deities. However, while he is kind, he is not soft; to him, love is seeing someone expressing their fullest purpose and potential, even if it means overcoming adversity and pain. He is the type to shelter, coach and encourage someone, yes, but also to bluntly reveal someone's flaws, take someone to the brink of endurance and then push them off a cliff to see if they could fly. Life can be harsh, and in nature only the strong survive; however, to him this isn't an excuse for tyranny, but instead to bring others up and bring them together so they can make something great. He lives up to his own standards, training hard and demanding nothing of others that he wouldn't take on himself.

Dogma: 'Life is strength; to grow means to face and overcome the challenges of the world. Nature is harsh, but also beautiful; it holds great bounty for all those ready to engage it. Work with the land and train under all the world can offer. Always grow, become stronger; create abundance for many and protect it with all your might. Be a pillar of strength, love and plenty to those around you.'

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm all for a discord server, though I believe the link to a discord ruleset in the first post is broken.

Also: not a mod for this game, but figured I'd start work on an application table:

Player Deity Domains (Portfolios) Status
    Feathersnow Magnificat, the Stalker Animal (livestock), Evil (hunting) Pending
    Holy Hunter Malenor, the Thinker. Will (Thoughts), TBA (TBA) Pending
    Razade JyníHao, the Primacy Fire (Elemental Fire), Water (Elemental Water) APPROVED
    Omoikane13 Foras Cinn, the Marching Prism Earth (Crystal), Knowledge (Invention) APPROVED
    KragBrightscale Protoscolex, The One Who Tills The World Agriculture (Tilling), Animals (Tunneling Creatures) Pending
    Totadileplayz Boo, The Fairy Godmother Temptation (Illusions), Fae (Dark Fae) Pending
    Darth Arminius Ta'aq Power (Voice), Magic (Ritual) Pending
    Justanotherhero Cha Buodon Lord of tides Chance (Gambling), Ocean (Sea Creatures) Pending
    PlusFiveVorpalBunny Varfort, The Verdant Titan Nature (Growth), Strength (Strengthening) APPROVED
    Angsty Anubite Prickroot, the World Spine Healing (Life), Sensation (Pain) APPROVED
    dancrilis Ikkima, The Beauteous Beast Death (Murder), Appearance (Innocence) Pending

And here's my own addition:
    Spoiler: Prickroot, the World Spine
    Show
    Player Name: Angsty Anubite

Domains (Portfolios): Healing (Life), Sensation (Pain)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Symbol: A sphere, with three symmetrical lines spreading from its center, each dividing three more times before reaching the edges. This symbol is usually outlined in blue, and either carved into wood or crafted from roots/twigs.

Appearance: A collection of glowing teal roots spread underneath and across the planet. These roots can move and react to their surroundings, and when a root is cut, Prickroot reacts violently, growing rapidly and lashing out everywhere near the wound, and cut roots regrow with incredibly durable thorns. The roots are rather nutritious and consumable even by carnivores, able to accelerate healing and intensify the senses - especially pain.

Personality: Prickroot hides itself in the First World, bonding with the planet and taking subsistence from it much like any other plant, though it requires limited light and usually sticks to cave systems. When it comes across the bodies of other living creatures, it burrows into the creature's flesh, consuming their blood and organs and incorporating their neural pathways into itself. In this way, Prickroot learns and adapts by drawing upon the memories of its host, and some communities bury their revered dead with prickroot, granting them a sort of immortality and influence over the roots.
    By itself, Prickroot has no innate desires or plans, other than to grow, spread and survive, though this will certainly change over time.

I'm rather uncreative when it comes to names (my last two naming ideas sounded like store-brought antidepressants), so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to it.

@KragBrightscale Originally, I feared that our concepts were too similar, but actually I see potential for a lot of fun dynamics between Prickroot and Protoscolex once the game starts.
    Last edited by Angsty Anubite; 2021-04-19 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Added new player

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

While I refuse to actually write an appearance description. I shall go more into detail for her character, and actually describe her symbol.
    Seems a strange hill to die on but your prerogative none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by +5 Vorpal Bunny View Post
    Varfort, The Verdant Titan

Player Name: PlusFiveVorpalBunny

Domains (Portfolios): Nature (Growth), Strength (Strengthening)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Symbol: A green/brown-skinned giant formed out of both flesh and the bark of a redwood tree, holding one of those trees in his right hand as a quarterstaff and a horn of plenty in his left, backed by a towering mountain reaching overhead, a morning sun shining down and a flowering meadow before his feet.

Appearance: A strongly muscular man, heavily tanned, with wild auburn hair and vivid green eyes. Twigs and leaves fill his hair, reaching up into a many-pointed, branching tree-like crown shining with a vibrant green light. Wearing simple clothes made of furs, leathers and leaves that include elements of the wildlife around him yet show his form beneath, he pairs this with a strong staff formed out of a tree also indigenous to the area he was last at, along with sandals built out of the same materials. Small flowers and trees grow from all these, their seeds regularly dropping into the earth, and his staff creates fertile ground with each bold press. By and in his left hand can be seen different things; a horn of plenty, a craftsman's hammer, a hunter's bow, an oaken shield, a wooden cradle. His size varies towards who he is talking to, but his favorite form tends towards around 30 feet tall; at a distance, he is often mistaken for a particularly thick tree.

Personality: At times calm and still like the deepest wood, at other times ferocious and vigorous like a rushing river, but at all times alive, Varfort embodies the nurturing and savage sides of nature in equal order. But, he says, he is more than that, and is an unapologetic lover of life in all its forms; often boisterous, playful, and always up for a new experience, he is the first to meet someone new, see something out of the ordinary or dare something others refuse to try. At the same time, he is also surprisingly organized and disciplined when he chooses to be, valuing gradual growth of both himself and the world around him; he wholeheartedly believes in building cities and bringing people together.

Because of this, he is generally one of the more compassionate deities. However, while he is kind, he is not soft; to him, love is seeing someone expressing their fullest purpose and potential, even if it means overcoming adversity and pain. He is the type to shelter, coach and encourage someone, yes, but also to bluntly reveal someone's flaws, take someone to the brink of endurance and then push them off a cliff to see if they could fly. Life can be harsh, and in nature only the strong survive; however, to him this isn't an excuse for tyranny, but instead to bring others up and bring them together so they can make something great. He lives up to his own standards, training hard and demanding nothing of others that he wouldn't take on himself.

Dogma: 'Life is strength; to grow means to face and overcome the challenges of the world. Nature is harsh, but also beautiful; it holds great bounty for all those ready to engage it. Work with the land and train under all the world can offer. Always grow, become stronger; create abundance for many and protect it with all your might. Be a pillar of strength, love and plenty to those around you.'
    I'll admit Strengthening sounds a little off. Perhaps Nourishment? Enrichment? Either way, Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite View Post
    I'm all for a discord server, though I believe the link to a discord ruleset in the first post is broken.

Also: not a mod for this game, but figured I'd start work on an application table:

Player Deity Domains (Portfolios) Status
    Feathersnow Magnificat, the Terror Animal? Evil? Pending
    Holy Hunter Malenor, the Thinker. Thought? Memories? ... Pending
    Razade JyníHao Fire (Elemental Fire), Water (Elemental Water) APPROVED
    Omoikane13 Foras Cinn, the Marching Prism Earth (Crystal), Knowledge (Invention) APPROVED
    KragBrightscale Protoscolex, The One Who Tills The World Agriculture (Tilling), Animals (Earthworms) Pending
    Totadileplayz Boo ,The Fairy Godmother Temptation (Illusions), Fae (Dark Fae) Pending
    Darth Arminius Ta'aq Power (Thunder), Magic (Ritual) Pending
    Justanotherhero Cha Buodon Chance (Luck/Gambling?), Ocean (Weather/Sea Creatures?) Pending
    Angsty Anubite Prickroot, the World Spine Healing (Life), Sensation (Pain) Pending

And here's my own addition:
    Spoiler: Prickroot, the World Spine
    Show
    Player Name: Angsty Anubite

Domains (Portfolios): Healing (Life), Sensation (Pain)

Symbol: A sphere, with three symmetrical lines spreading from its center, each dividing three more times before reaching the edges. This symbol is usually outlined in blue, and either carved into wood or crafted from roots/twigs.

Appearance: A collection of glowing teal roots spread underneath and across the planet. These roots can move and react to their surroundings, and when a root is cut, Prickroot reacts violently, growing rapidly and lashing out everywhere near the wound, and cut roots regrow with incredibly durable thorns. The roots are rather nutritious and consumable even by carnivores, able to accelerate healing and intensify the senses - especially pain.

Personality: Prickroot hides itself in the First World, bonding with the planet and taking subsistence from it much like any other plant, though it requires limited light and usually sticks to cave systems. When it comes across the bodies of other living creatures, it burrows into the creature's flesh, consuming their blood and organs and incorporating their neural pathways into itself. In this way, Prickroot learns and adapts by drawing upon the memories of its host, and some communities bury their revered dead with prickroot, granting them a sort of immortality and influence over the roots.
    By itself, Prickroot has no innate desires or plans, other than to grow, spread and survive, though this will certainly change over time.

I'm rather uncreative when it comes to names (my last two naming ideas sounded like store-brought antidepressants), so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to it.

@KragBrightscale Originally, I feared that our concepts were too similar, but actually I see potential for a lot of fun dynamics between Prickroot and Protoscolex once the game starts.
    Approved, so long as you remember at some point if you go beyond Demi-God things will have to change.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite View Post
    snip
    My first domain (portfolio) is actually Power (Voice). :D thank you though.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Modified original post.
    Adding a reptilian vibe as an idea.

12. - Top - End - #42

Planetar

Seems a strange hill to die on but your prerogative none the less.

I'll admit Strengthening sounds a little off. Perhaps Nourishment? Enrichment? Either way, Approved.

Approved, so long as you remember at some point if you go beyond Demi-God things will have to change.
    Updated. I do not believe I can create any description that is better then a picture, and thus I actually feel bad when I try to do so. It's almost a guilt-laden doubt-ridden feeling I actually experience when I write an appearance for a character.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-04-19 at 07:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

I just now noticed there is a Dogma section for the Character Sheet I never saw before.

14. - Top - End - #44

Planetar

I just now noticed there is a Dogma section for the Character Sheet I never saw before.
    To be fair the dogma isn't actually on the character template, and is only as far as I can find on razade's, and your sheet.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair the dogma isn't actually on the character template, and is only as far as I can find on razade's, and your sheet.
    Got chopped in editing. It's on the template on the PDF. There were two character sheets, one had it. The one I kept doesn't.

16. - Top - End - #46

Planetar

Got chopped in editing. It's on the template on the PDF. There were two character sheets, one had it. The one I kept doesn't.
    Huh nice to know added personal dogma.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Huh nice to know added personal dogma.
    It's hardly required, I'm not going to ping people's applications for not having one. They're just flavor and a lot of people don't keep to them in play, or really apply them across their flocks. I took Alignment off the PDF for the same reason. It was a hold over for when Lords of Creation was a way to make playable D&D game worlds. I took it off the one I actually deleted and didn't go back and fix it before people had characters submitted so...no reason to go back and fix it.

18. - Top - End - #48

Planetar

It's hardly required, I'm not going to ping people's applications for not having one. They're just flavor and a lot of people don't keep to them in play, or really apply them across their flocks. I took Alignment off the PDF for the same reason. It was a hold over for when Lords of Creation was a way to make playable D&D game worlds. I took it off the one I actually deleted and didn't go back and fix it before people had characters submitted so...no reason to go back and fix it.
    Sure, but I like my dogma rolls off my tongue well.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Just in case you don't see my CS I've edited it.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground

Name, Epitaph: Malenor,
    The thinker. The first thought.
    The holder of thoughts and dreams.

Player Name: Holy Hunter

Domains (Portfolios):
    Thoughts (philosophy)
    Reflection (meditation)

Alignment: This is the beginning of all things, what is good or evil. There are yet no laws to follow. If such things were defined, Malenor sits on an awkward wavering fence between all.
    While he does not condone needles wanton destruction, he does not oppose it either for even violence was born from and provokes new thoughts.
    Actions made in haste without contemplation, the extinguishing of ideas and anything that prevents them from being is what upset him.

Symbol: 3 Stars creating an upside triangle, with the right corner slightly lower than the left. Often with lines reaching up from them depicting them as falling.

Appearance: He is a bright majestic star-filled night sky manifested into form. A deep dark endless absence is confined within his featureless shadowy silhouette.
    Inside or of his form there is a depth and vastness near beyond recognition. Littered throughout the intangible body are bright glowing golden specs. They are there yet also so far away. Looking into him is like looking through a portal into the night sky.
    For a mortal to gaze upon him they are instantly caught in a spell of wonder.

His voice alone without words is known to provoke thoughts. Itís melodic and soothing. A powerful distant echo. Seemingly coming from some faraway distance while simultaneously being whispered into the ear or born within ones very own mind.

Personality: Malenor is a patient, calm and ponderous god. He often possesses a light playful happiness. He is not one of wanting and is easily content.
    While a possessor of many opinions, they may easily sway as easily as the wind from day to day with the finding of a new thought. Due to this he lacks a great deal of commitment and decisiveness.
    He is a believer of freedoms, but even when those are opposed he can be slow to act. But, be assured, when he does act he is a force to be reckoned.

Dogma: I think and therefore I am.
    Contemplation is the path to all rightful action.
    Haste is the enemy of idea and can make any errand a Foolís one.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-04-25 at 02:53 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Second Draft:
    Magnificat, the Stalker

Player Name: Feathersnow

domains (portfolio): Animal (livestock), Evil (hunting)

Symbol: What is your god's personal sigil? the number 11, a (usually red) five-pointed star inside a (usually green)hexagon

Appearance: What does your God look like? A red, raw-skinned Displacer Beast with goat horns and a beard. Her horns drip blood even as she chews cud constantly.

Personality: What is your God like:
    Magnificat is a great teacher who shows the people how to survive at the expense of others. She taught the people to enslave and prey on beasts to feed themselves. Her greatest lesson, however, is patience.

Dogma: The strong deserve to take what they want. The weak exist to provide for them. The greatest strength is endurance.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

Good point - hmm, I'll have to get creative if I want to go that route.

My first domain (portfolio) is actually Power (Voice). :D thank you though.
    I could have sworn I put that in earlier - updated now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    Modified original post.
    Adding a reptilian vibe as an idea.
    Love the vibe. Updated.
    And though he might not be Second-Generation, I can't help but picture him as the "Cool Uncle" of the gods.

@Holy-hunter @Feathersnow Updated.
    And I'll continue updating this table regularly, though someone else can make one later on if we get a massive flood of submissions and I'm konked out.

EDIT: I plan to keep this up at least until the game's start.
    Last edited by Angsty Anubite; 2021-04-19 at 08:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

As a general rule I don't bother with discord (something about using it always finds ways to end up annoying me - for instance the HERE link in the opening post doesn't have anything that I am seeing) - but might keep an eye on it but normally I would review these forums.

For a god I am thinking:
    Spoiler: Ikkima
    Show

Ikkima, The Beauteous Beast, The Polite Nightmare, The Hidden Truth
    Player Name: dancrilis

Domains (Portfolios): Death (Murder), Appearance (Innocence)

Symbol: An exquisite chalice of red wine which on examination seems carved from a number of bones.

Appearance: Ikkima appears as an attractive young woman in light summer clothes, but on close inspection the clothes seemed formed of the stuff of souls and horror. She normally wears an easy smile that can be chilling depending on how she is encountered.

Personality: One might expect her to be a bloodthirsty monster or a smooth deciever but in truth she regards her role as more a job, one she takes seriously but not one she particularly likes - if creatures want to kill others they should at least do it correctly and cover their tracks afterwards - but she doesn't really care about it to much instead engaging in hobbies more then expanding her portfilios unless particular events calls her attention in which case she generally moves fairly efficiently.

Dogma (for mortals): Getting away with something is more important then doing something - therefore the belief of guilt or innocence is more important then actual guilt or innocence.

24. - Top - End - #54

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    As a general rule I don't bother with discord (something about using it always finds ways to end up annoying me - for instance the HERE link in the opening post doesn't have anything that I am seeing) - but might keep an eye on it but normally I would review these forums.

For a god I am thinking:
    Spoiler: Ikkima
    Show

Ikkima, The Beauteous Beast, The Polite Nightmare, The Hidden Truth
    Player Name: dancrilis

Domains (Portfolios): Death (Murder), Appearance (Innocence)

Symbol: An exquisite chalice of red wine which on examination seems carved from a number of bones.

Appearance: Ikkima appears as an attractive young woman in light summer clothes, but on close inspection the clothes seemed formed of the stuff of souls and horror. She normally wears an easy smile that can be chilling depending on how she is encountered.

Personality: One might expect her to be a bloodthirsty monster or a smooth deciever but in truth she regards her role as more a job, one she takes seriously but not one she particularly likes - if creatures want to kill others they should at least do it correctly and cover their tracks afterwards - but she doesn't really care about it to much instead engaging in hobbies more then expanding her portfilios unless particular events calls her attention in which case she generally moves fairly efficiently.

Dogma (for mortals): Getting away with something is more important then doing something - therefore the belief of guilt or innocence is more important then actual guilt or innocence.
    To be fair the discord link doesn't actually work. I've clicked it, and tried to use it n many times, and none of them worked for me.

25. - Top - End - #55

Planetar

I literally can't find anything about fabled life, besides it's existence can someone explain it to me for this one? I've noted it as a higher tier then mythical, but here it just appears to be absent.

26. - Top - End - #56

Kobold

A little bare, but a good start. Quite a narrow focus as well but that's not always a bad thing. I'd like to see a little more meat before approval.
    Alright, Iíve gone back and fleshed it out a little. Let me know if itís up to scratch or still needs another revamp. I also expanded the focus a little from just earthworms to tunneling creatures (which would include worms, but is more conducive to my plans for creating sentient life)

Alright! Hereís my deity:

Spoiler: Protoscolex
    Show

Name, Epitaph: Protoscolex, The One Who Tills The World, The Devourer, The Progenitor of all Worms.

Player: KragBrightscale

Domains (Portfolios): Agriculture (Tilling), and Animals (Tunneling creatures)

Appearance: Protoscolexís original form is of a giant, brown, scaled worm of monstrous size. Chewing through the undeveloped land at the dawn of creation creating channels that became the first rivers and valleys.

Few mortals have witnessed the wormís horrific toothed maw and lived to tell the tale and those that did started the legends that are still told of the great devourer, the progenitor of all worms.

Nevertheless, while Protoscolex devoured anything and everything in their way, the trail behind them became some of the most fertile soil in the world. Farmers grew to appreciate the work of the divine worm, and the smaller descendants inhabiting their gardens, eventually treating it as a deity.

As Protoscolexís divinity grew, they eventually gained sentience and the ability to take on humanoid form. They can appear as a humanoid of any gender for gatherings with other humanoid deities, and when revealing themselves to their adherents.

In humanoid form they usually appear as a middle aged farmer, with dark hair and tanned skin, carrying a hoe, and dressed in functional unadorned clothing. Their callused hands and dirty nails, evidence of time spend working the soil.

Personality: Simple and down to earth, Protoscolex occasionally slips back into their primal instincts to devour and consume or dig through the soothing earth. The monstrous side of the deity, stemming from its original species is unattached to mortal creatures, seeking more to fulfill its own desires and hunger.

The more humanoid and sentient side of their personality, having first formed as a response to creation, is much more concerned with the well being of mortals, their relationship to nature, and what they eat.

This conflicting duality of inborn instinct and developed sentience extends also to Protoscolexís relations to other deities.

On one hand the worm is neutral and uninterested in the workings of others so long as they donít get in the way. On the other hand the more sentient side is always curious to what other deities do, enjoying both partnerships and learning from those who have been sentient longer.

To control their wild destructive side, Protoscolex has set a restriction for themselves: they will not seek to devour or harm sentient beings unless they first harm the earth.

Symbol: Most commonly: a worm coiled around a hoe, or just a worm in an S shape or coiled in a spiral. In some cults: a gaping toothed maw.

Dogma: Take care of the land and the land will take care of you. All things come from earth, and all things end by becoming earth.

Edited in order to flesh out character.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair the discord link doesn't actually work. I've clicked it, and tried to use it n many times, and none of them worked for me.
    Wish someone would have said something earlier. It's working for some. If you don't have Discord that might be why it's not working.

I literally can't find anything about fabled life, besides it's existence can someone explain it to me for this one? I've noted it as a higher tier then mythical, but here it just appears to be absent.
    Fabled Life doesn't exist. Where do you see Fabled Life?

28. - Top - End - #58

Planetar

Wish someone would have said something earlier. It's working for some. If you don't have Discord that might be why it's not working.

Fabled Life doesn't exist. Where do you see Fabled Life?
    Its on the rcr table twice.

Also on phone with discord app installed doubt that's the reason.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-04-19 at 09:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

OK. When I get home Imma put my ideas together but for now....

(1d4)[1]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Its on the rcr table twice.

Also on phone with discord app installed doubt that's the reason.
    I think you're looking at a table from another game. Fabled Life isn't on the tables here, and hasn't been in the rules for a while.

That also would not be the reason then. No idea. I'll try hosting it somewhere else.