New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Copycat: D&D builds of popular characters!

Welcome to my thread!

This is the thread were we make D&D build for popular characters! (Inspired by the Youtuber Tulok)

ANIMATION MOVIES:

Spoiler: Kung-Fu Panda
    Show

Spoiler: Poe, the Dragon Warrior
    Show

Spoiler: Zootopia
    Show

Spoiler: Judie Hopp
    Show
    [URL="https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25032532&postcount=44"[/URL]

Spoiler: Nick Wilde
    Show
    [URL="https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25019837&postcount=18"[/URL]

Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-05-06 at 10:50 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Copycat: D&D builds of popular characters!

Other builds made on this thread:

DC COMICS

Spoiler: Batman by Damon_Tor:
    Show

MARVEL

SCIENCE-FICTION // FANTASY SETTING:

Spoiler: Darth Maul, Star Wars // by Damon_Tor:
    Show

Spoiler: Doctor Who // made by sayaijin:
    Show

ANIMES:

Spoiler: My Hero Academia
    Show

VIDEO GAMES:

Spoiler: Main character from Untitled Goose Game // made by Emmerlaus
    Show
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-10-04 at 07:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Emperor Kuzco
    Medium Beast, Chaotic Neutral
    Str 12, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 9
    HP: 6 (1d8+2)
    AC 11
    Saves: Con +4, Dex +3
    Speed 40 ft.
    Skills: Athletics +5 (Expertise), Acrobatics +5 (Expertise)
    Powerful Build, Altitude Acclimation
    Prideful: Anyone attempting a Persuasion check against Kuzco makes the check at disadvantage, because Kuzco is pretty sure he's right and they're wrong.
    Languages: Common
    Actions:
    Spit
    Once per short rest, Emperor Kuzco can regurgitate the contents of his stomach, which counts as an inhalation vector poison, spitting the foul material at a single target within 10 feet. If the target breathes, it must succeed at a DC 12 (Constitution-based) Constitution save or be poisoned for 1d4 rounds.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by quindraco View Post
    Emperor Kuzco
    Medium Beast, Chaotic Neutral
    Ironically, I thought about how I would build Kuzco but he didn't adventure of day of his life before the movies or even after. Same for Pacha. Only Kronk and Gizma seem to have traits fitting character classes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Welcome to my thread!

Inspired by the Toutuber Tulok, I decided to make my own D&D build to pass the time using characters from franchises I like. You may discuss the builds or join me and post your own characters in the thread for some fun character building!

As an exemple, I will start with the main hero of the Kung-Fu Panda serie: Poe, the Dragon Warrior!

Goals for the build:

1) Master the dragon scroll

2) Zero to Hero (start NOT as a kung-fu fighter but as a great cook)

3) SKIDOOOSH! (Banish your enemies in another realm of existence!)

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Str: 10 (You aren't hiding a lot of muscle under all that faaaaa... FUR! Y-Yeah I meant fur!)
    Dex: 14 (You might be clumsy but you can manipulate chopsticks and a kitchen knife like a champion, that's fine manipulation)
    Con: 13 (You are full of lifeforce that need to be replenish constantly with food)
    Int: 12 (You are very good at remembering kung-fu trivia... and even stuff that happened to you as a baby!)
    Wis: 15 (You actually mastered Kung-Fu faster then any other students, achieved inner peace AND gained mastery of Chi before your own teacher! That requiere deep understanding of your Dao and an iron will!)
    Cha: 8 (You have bad hygiene and you are socially inapt. Your bad social skills often makes you look dumb even)

Spoiler: Race:
    Show
    Althought bugbear has the word "bear" in it, it's just an hairy goblin and more importantly, your race is mostly chaotic evil. So I decided to go with custom linage:

Ability: +2 Con (I associate Con with lifeforce and Chi reserve)
    Feat: Chief (+1 Wis and now you can cook the best noodle soup in China!)
    Darkvision

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    I took the Inheritor background. You received a strange scroll from a tortle named Oogway and you need to protect it until you become ready to master it. It gives you the Survival and the History skills.

Spoiler: Class levels (I'll only list what needs to be taken to fit Poe as a character)
    Show

Level 1: Druid

Surprised? You started your life abandonned by your mother, who got ate alive by wolves in the middle of the woods. It will make more sense later on but its a necessity for the build in the long run.

Skills: Arcana and Religion (you are a nerd and know your stuff)

Spells //
    Cantrips: Create Bonfire (to cook, light up fireworks or attack your enemies) and Shillelagh (For flavor, enhance wooden chopsticks to count as your wooden club. As a GM, I would allow it!)
    Spells lvl.1: Purify Food and Drink and Create/Destroy Water (Spells fitting a cook!)

Level 2: Monk

Your training start now!

Level 3: Monk

Level 4: Monk

Monastic Tradition (Drunken Master) // Your kung-fu seem erratic and you seem like a fighting jester. I do think its the best fitting Monastic Tradition for him!

Level 5: Monk

New feat: Resilient (Con) - gain +1 Con

Level 6: Monk

Level 7: Monk

Level 8: Druid

Going back to druid, picking the circle of the Druid of the Stars! Yes, now you can manifest the aspect of the dragon scroll in your possession! You have effectively mastered Kung-fu!
    Spells: Jump

Level 9: Druid
    Spells: Enhanced Ability // Absorb Elements (That explain how your paws can be on fire after stopping a flaming cannonball lol)

Level 10: Monk
    Evasion, Stillness of Mind (Yay, you gained inner peace at level 10!)

Level 11: Druid
    Ability Improuvement (+2 Wis)
    Spells:
    Cantrip // Druidcraft (You can now make a flower bloom with your chi, hurray!)
    Spells: Pass without Trace (he can't turn invisible and its the only way for him to go "stealth mode".

Level 12: Druid
    Spells: Plant Growth, Cure Wounds (Your mastery of Chi has become more obvious now)

Level 13: Druid // Druid Circle feature

Level 14: Druid
    Spell: Lesser Restauration

Level 15: Druid
    Ability Improvement (+2 Wis)
    Spells: Freedom of Mouvement (You had a plan to escape hardcore shackles and I can’t make Mantis since its an impossible build to make. Playable Tiny races DON’T exist it seems. So this spell will have to do... Unless I make Mantis the bugbear in stats? Seem very fitting except for the size... I might be on to something here!)

Level 16: Druid
    Spells: Revivify, Commune with Nature

Level 17: Druid
    Spells: Greater Restauration

Level 18: Druid
    Spells: Investure of Stone (When you move, the Earth tremble under you! And you can be the Cool-Aid man and pass trought wall as a bonus)

Level 19: Druid
    Ability Improvement (+2 Wis to cap Wis)

Level 20: Druid
    Spells: Planeshift (FINALLY! Planeshift is a level 7 spell so I couldn't get it sooner in the build! Now you can use the Wuxi Finger Hold!)
    A key part of the first movie is that Po (Poe is the poet) actually IS absurdly durable and impressively strong and dextrous in his own right (although still with little endurance), but that neither him nor the kung fu masters (except Oogway) could see it because he wasn't what they expected/wanted. Pandas are still bears

The whole thing with the Dragon Scroll is that the scroll *not* important, it's Po himself who makes Po special.

Also IMO if you want a "from zero to hero" progression, starting as a Druid with literal superpowers is not really appropriate.

For me, Po is best represented by starting as a Barbarian. Beast Barbarian fits the unarmed combat focus and many of the feats he can do.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

I would love to see someone stat out Judy Hopps from Zootopia and then if you want someone more Epic, Hercules' progression from the Disney cartoon (rather than the Greek Myth).
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
    I would love to see someone stat out Judy Hopps from Zootopia and then if you want someone more Epic, Hercules' progression from the Disney cartoon (rather than the Greek Myth).
    Hercules is a Scourge Aasimar starting with STR 30 and DEX 8. Phil trains him as a Battlemaster Fighter with the Unarmed Fighting Style, and his first ASI is spent putting that DEX to 10.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    A key part of the first movie is that Po (Poe is the poet) actually IS absurdly durable and impressively strong and dextrous in his own right (although still with little endurance), but that neither him nor the kung fu masters (except Oogway) could see it because he wasn't what they expected/wanted. Pandas are still bears

The whole thing with the Dragon Scroll is that the scroll *not* important, it's Po himself who makes Po special.

Also IMO if you want a "from zero to hero" progression, starting as a Druid with literal superpowers is not really appropriate.

For me, Po is best represented by starting as a Barbarian. Beast Barbarian fits the unarmed combat focus and many of the feats he can do.
    Well considering how absurdly high his Con save is, using the dragon constellation, he would have the best chances to maintain a concentration spell almost everytime. That's also why I gave him the Resilient (Con) feat and if your GM like the level 1 free feat rule like mine does, you could give him the Tough feat to make him more durable.

The "dragon scroll" might not be important anymore but he kept his nickname as the dragon warrior despite that and well in the DND setting, you need a reason for people to call you that as you gain more reputation. The important part is that the movies are all centred around Poe but in DND, you are one of the many players. So in that setting, I feel like the dragon scroll is more important to your identity.

As for starting with druids, I literally picked spells to fit a cook rather then a powerful druid, except Shillelagh but the flavor is there if we take chopsticks. It also allow him to not be trained in the dexterity save like most monks are but with the Wisdom saving throw instead, more fitting him... and lets be honest, the Wuxi Finger Hold is impossible to get if we don't take a spellclasting class!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I would love to see someone stat out Judy Hopps from Zootopia
    Oooh that's interesting! There is even a Rabbitfolk race in Unearthed Arcana! I might give it a shot! Thanks for the suggestion!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Been working on homebrewing a Sorcerer subclass based on the Orogenes (people with innate earth/seismic powers) from the Fifth Season books. there's a good suite of earth/stone-focused spells that would fit together.
    "Although our intellect always feels itself urged toward clearness and certainty, still our mind often feels itself attracted by uncertainty." - Charles Payne

"Why do we call all our generous ideas illusions, and the mean ones truths?" - Edith Wharton

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Well considering how absurdly high his Con save is, using the dragon constellation, he would have the best chances to maintain a concentration spell almost everytime. That's also why I gave him the Resilient (Con) feat and if your GM like the level 1 free feat rule like mine does, you could give him the Tough feat to make him more durable.

The "dragon scroll" might not be important anymore but he kept his nickname as the dragon warrior despite that and well in the DND setting, you need a reason for people to call you that as you gain more reputation. The important part is that the movies are all centred around Poe but in DND, you are one of the many players. So in that setting, I feel like the dragon scroll is more important to your identity.

As for starting with druids, I literally picked spells to fit a cook rather then a powerful druid, except Shillelagh but the flavor is there if we take chopsticks. It also allow him to not be trained in the dexterity save like most monks are but with the Wisdom saving throw instead, more fitting him... and lets be honest, the Wuxi Finger Hold is impossible to get if we don't take a spellclasting class!

Well if that's the objective, I would suggest going Dragon Sorcerer over Druid.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    Well if that's the objective, I would suggest going Dragon Sorcerer over Druid.
    Well to each their own I suppose...

I went with Druid for a few reasons, here's my reasonning:

1) Mastering the dragon scroll was supposed/rumored to be able to do a few things, like giving you the equivalent of Commune with Nature. Not available to Sorcerers, same for healing spells.

2) I went with the description of Chi according to the Kung-Fu panda fandom website. Its an energy said to be found in all living being. Not a selected few with powerful parents.

3) I feel like the pandas wouldn't have forgot how to use their Chi if it was an innate things like being born with it.

4) It would have affected Poe stats AND apparance. You get dragon scales if you are a Draconic Sorcerer! That comes with the boost in AC!

5) He also would have high charisma... which I think doesn't fit Poe.

==========

Of course, you could make your own version with Sorcerer (Draconic Heritage). But it still would mean 13 level of Sorcerer and 7 levels of Monk. Inner Peace works well with Stillness of Mind.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Another build I made! I wonder how many builds a week or month I should make to prevent the admins to close this thread LOL

Next character:
    GOOSE! (From Untitled Goose Game)

This one is easier to understand.

The goals:

1- Mug: You need to be able to steal others blind

2- Peace was never an option: Make yourself unable to be charmed and being convinced in some ways, that include boosting that Insight and Wisdom.

3- Fight and play dirty: Your fighting style need to reflect who you really are and guess what: you are rotten to the core. You don't fight honorably and love to make others feel miserable.

Race: Kenku (+2 Dex, +1 Wis) (the only race allowing you to be a goose from the start without the need for Wild Shape in a setting that isn't Humblewood... Look it up, cute setting!)

Background: Outlander ( Athletic, Survival)

Racial skills: Stealth and Sleight of Hand

Stats (based on player handbook so 15,14,13,12,10 and 8) total:

Str: 12 Dex: 16 Con: 13 Int: 8 Wis:16 Cha: 10

Level 1: Rogue (lvl.1): Skill Trained// Athletics, Insight... and probably Intimidation.

Expertise (Insight, Stealth), Thieves Can't, Sneak Attacks (+1d6)

Level 2: Rogue (lvl.2) // Cunning Action

Level 3: Monk (Lvl.1) // Martial Art, Unarmored Defense

Level 4: Rogue (lvl.3) // Roguish Archetype (Thief) // Sneak Attacks (+2d6)

Level 5: Rogue (lvl. 4) // New feat: Perspective (+1 Wis)

Level 6: Rogue (lvl 5) // Uncanny Dodge (Sneak Attack +3d6)

Level 7: Monk (lvl. 2) // Unarmored Mouvement, Ki

Level 8: Monk (lvl.3) /Monk Monastery (Way of the Open Hand - Technique of Open Hand), Deflect Missiles

Level 9: Monk (lvl.4) // Ability Improvement (+2 Dex), Slow Fall

Level 10: Monk (lvl.5) // Extra Attack, Stunning Strike

Level 11: Rogue (lvl.6): Expertise (Perception and Intimidation)

Level 12: Monk (lvl.6): Ki-Powered Strikes, Monastic Tradition Feature (Wholeness of Body)

Level 13: Rogue (lvl.7): Evasion, Sneak Attack (+4d6)

Level 14: Rogue (lvl.8): New Feat: Resilient (Wisdom) (+1 Wis and add proficiency to Wisdom saves)

Level 15: Rogue (lvl.9): Roguish Archetype feature // Supreme Sneak, Sneak Attack (+5d6)

Level 16: Rogue (lvl.10): New Feat: Defensive Duelist

Level 17: Rogue (lvl.11): Reliable Talent, Sneak Attack (+6d6)

Level 18: Rogue (lvl.12): New Feat: Lucky

Level 19: Rogue (lvl.13): Sneak attack (+7d6) Roguish Archetype feature // Use Magic Device (because you have a strange fascination for the bard's golden bells. Now you can use them as you wish lol)

Level 20: Monk (lvl.7) Stillness of Mind (Now its clearly my way or the high way as long as you have enough Ki points)

PROS: Lots of utility and mobility. Use Way of the Open hand to make them prone, attack them with advantage it gives you for the sneak attack damage while they are down. You are a goose that play dirty and that love to mug and hit people when they are down.

CONS: You cant speak and only "honk, that's not a big disavantage. Also, I didnt put Barbarian levels in there because in the game, you need to act smart and use your environnement smartly to progress rather then overpower the humans and kill them. I felt that it meant the build needed more finesse.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-04-20 at 01:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This was a pretty good post about how to build Conan of Cimmeria with direct text quotes supporting certain features. People often say that Conan would be more of a fighter in 5e but I think it's clear that he still does inspire the barbarian class

https://conandandd5e.blogspot.com/2015/02/king-conan-ability-stats-for-5e.html?m=1
    Last edited by Trask; 2021-04-20 at 06:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I would love to see someone stat out Judy Hopps from Zootopia
    Spoiler: Ask and you shall receive!
    Show

1) Master of the Field: You can trained to adapt to every environnement of Zootopia
    2) Sherlock Hare : You are a cop and a master investigator
    3) Poursuit Expert: You got to catch the running criminal with great speed

Stats:

Str: 15 (There is no guns in Zootopia but still have “guns” if you catch my drift)
    Dex: 12 (You are agile and quick on your feet)
    Con: 14 (You can tank a few hits and you are as healthy as you can be)
    Int: 8 (Simply because you don’t really need it and you are a cop, not a scholar)
    Wis: 13 (You are quite determined and perceptive)
    Cha: 10 (A bit low, you are charming but you can’t convince other animals with your words that you are a worthy cop)

Race: After much consideration, I decided to go with custom race once again. Mostly because of what it could give to rabbits people:
    Stats : +2 Dex
    Feat : Alert
    Skill trained : Perception

Background : City Watch (Investigator) (Investigation, Insight)

Class :

Level 1: Rogue
    Skill trained : Acrobatics, Athletics, Sleight of Hand, Deception
    (Sleight of hands because how smoothly she took back those fair tickets. Dont forget however you might use it mostly to hide something on yourself, like a carrot pencil or your phone. Deception is because she just cant seem to convince anyone she’s a real policewoman but she can trick a fox in revealing his tax evasion and make a very good howling wolf impression)
    Expertise (Athletic, Investigation)
    Thieves Cant and Sneak Attack (1d6)

Level 2 : Rogue
    Cunning Action

Level 3 : Roguish Archetype (Scout)
    Skirmisher
    Survivalist (+Nature and Survival Skill)

Level 4 : Rogue
    Ability Improuvement (+1 Str and +1 Wis.)

Level 5 : Fighter
    • Fighting Style (Unharmed Attack)

Second Wind

Level 6 : Fighter
    Action Surge

Level 7 : Fighter
    Fighter Archetype (Samurai) : (The most resolved fighter class, you’ll need it to not lose your way. It’s the best one too to represent cops if you ask me as samurai were law enforcement in the past)
    Bonus Proficiency (History)

Level 8 : Fighter
    New Feat : Fighting Initiate (get Mariner fighting style. At this point, I believe you graduated from your police school)

Level 9 : Fighter
    Extra Attack

Level 10 : Fighter
    New feat : Mobile

Level 11 : Rogue
    Uncanny Dodge

Level 12 : Rogue
    Evasion

Level 13 : Rogue
    Ability Score Improuvement (+2 Str)

Level 14 : Rogue
    Roguish Archetype (Superior Mobility)

Level 15 : Rogue
    Ability Improvement (+2 Str)

Level 16 : Rogue
    Reliable Talent

Level 17 : Rogue
    New Feat: Tough (You felt throught a huge waterfall and survived! You are incredibly resilient for a bunny!)

Level 18 : Rogue
    Roguish Archetype (Ambush Master)

Level 19 : Rogue
    Blindsense

Level 20 : Fighter
    Martial Archetype (Elegant Courtier)

PROS: Samurai subclass is a match with heaven with sneak attacks! You deal a LOT of damage and you don't even need teammates to set you up! You also have great speed and lots of mobility no matter the terrain. You are a well-rounded character with good investogation skills and a good scout, exactly what we wanted

CONS: You have no magic damage so a teamates would have to set you up with the Magic Weapon Spell. You also have no flying speed, hard to catch those flying criminal with no ways to fly. And finally, you dont have teleportation options so you'll need to rely on your fast mouvement speed to get in melee.

Im super happy about how the build came out! And I do think its fitting but what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-04-24 at 02:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Batman
    Our level 1 Batman is a teenaged Bruce Wayne just begining his personal transformation into the Dark Knight.

Race: Human. Non-variant. What stats would be dumped on Batman? What is he bad at? None of them, and nothing. We're going for maximum versatility here, so we're getting the broad stat array of a standard human. Fight me.
    Background: Noble. The Waynes aren't nobility, but they're close enough, members of an entrenched aristocracy. The benefits of the Position of Privilege perk help to patch the charisma issue (see below). Persuasion proficiency also helps. The background also comes with proficiency in history, which is important, even if we don't think about it much.

Strength: 14. Teenaged Bruce Wayne was an accomplished athlete, so an above-average strength score is appropriate. Eventually Batman's strength becomes peak human, but this is where it can start.
    Dexterity: 14. Batman is fast and agile, with a costume that is probably best described as medium armor in most incarnations. Like all of Batman's stats it's hard not to give this a higher score.
    Constitution: 14. Batman survives all sorts of lethal nonsense, so we can't dump this either.
    Intelligence: 14. He's going to be the world's greatest detective, plus he's an inventor and his ability to plan for contingencies is legendary. He's no Lex Luther but a healthy score here is a must.
    Wisdom: 14. Noticing stuff, spotting a lie, as critical for detective stuff as intelligence.
    Charisma: 11. Because something had to give. Bruce Wayne is boorish and Batman is gruff and blunt. Both are personas cultivated by Wayne deliberately, so we aren't actually dumping charisma, but it's the lowest score in an otherwise balanced stat array. We'll be augmenting Batman's social abilities with proficiency and class features later.

Level 1- Rogue 1
    Batman's core combat tactics involve speed, stealth, and using the darkness to his advantage, plus this gives us a bunch of skill proficiencies we need. We'll take investigation, stealth, intimidation and athletics. Stealth and investigation will be our expertise here. Combat will consist mostly of darts thrown from the shadows... tactics which will eventually lead us to batarangs.

Level 2- Ranger 1
    We'll take perception as another skill proficiency with deft explorer giving expertise in it. We take favored enemy (humans, metahumans) to add to our detective stack. We get medium armor proficiency here as well.

Level 3- Fighter 1
    The unarmed fighting style completes our ninja training. Unarmed combat is a critical part of Batman's MO, and getting it from the fighter class instead of the Monk lets us use it while wearing armor, which is also important to Batman's fighting style.

Level 4- Fighter 2
    We're going to be pushing fighter for a bit here to close the ASI gap left by our multiclassing. We get Action Surge here, which is... hell, probably the single best class feature in the game.

Level 5- Fighter 3
    Battlemaster gets us maneuvers: we're picking Commanding Presence, Precision Attack and Quick Toss. Commanding Presence patches the Cha issue, letting us add 1d8 to our social checks, while Precision Attack and Quick Toss are simply excellent combat maneuvers, making sure our punches always land and our Batarangs fly every round.

Level 6-10- Fighter 4-8
    Fighters gain three ASIs between levels 4 and 8, so our strength is now peak human, 20. He also has picked up extra attack, and he's added Trip Attack and Tactical Assessment to his list of maneuvers. Tactical Assessment applies a superiority die to an investigation, insight, or history check to add to the detective stack, while Trip Attack is simply a great way to kick butt.

At this point he should really feel like Batman, the ninja detective. What's missing? Oh right, the gadgets. As he returns to Gotham after spending years learning the secrets of the ninjas, he once again has access to his fortune, and to the resources of his family business, which he uses to augment his fighting style with an array of technical marvels: now he starts taking levels in artificer.

Level 11- Artificer 1
    The artificer gives us a nifty little utility belt full of goodies.
    • My first cantrip choice would be guidance, a great ability to simulate a general ability to use gadgets to assist in any ability check assuming you have the time to activate a relevant gizmo. Using a fingerprint-detection device to assist in an investigation check? Using a voice modulator to make your voice sound scary for an intimidation check? Using a database uplink to assist in a knowledge check? All can be handwaved as an expression of the guidance cantrip.
    • My second choice is the resistance cantrip: a lovely, if unexciting, option. You don't need offense in your cantrip selection, and if you know a save is coming, the ability to prepare yourself or someone else for it seems very Batman. Likely he carries an array of stimulants, inoculations and other counter-agents for any variety of effects.
    • The leveled artificer spells are how we express Batman's ability to prepare for specific situations, since he can prepare different abilities for himself before every adventuring day. If Batman knows he's going up against someone that shoots lightning, well maybe he builds grounding coils into the suit that day by preparing the Absorb Elements spell. Invisible enemies? Maybe Faerie Fire is a swarm of glowing nanites that counteract their cloaking effect. Bat-Grease seems like something Adam West's Batman might have had on his utility belt. For day-to-day detective work it's hard to beat Detect Magic and Identify.

Level 12- Artificer 2
    We're still rocking those batarangs, and with the Returning Weapon infusion we finally get it right. Our second infusion is on our cape, making it a Cloak of Elvenkind, giving everyone else disadvantage when looking for us (Did you know disadvantage imposes -5 on passive perception scores?). Oh look, we have an actual reason in our build why we need a cape!

Level 13- Artificer 3
    The armorer sublcass gives us infiltrator armor which we can apply to our medium armor (which is a breastplate, or half-plate if we can source some methril) for advantage on stealth checks, or it allows us to suit up in full-plate heavy armor in defender mode for when a certain Kryptonian needs to be put in his place by your mech-suited self.

Level 14- Ranger 2
    Another fighting style gets us blind fighting, which we'll use with fog cloud, which we also get at this level as we start being able to put ranger spells in our utility belt. Ensnaring Strike turns our batarang into a bola. Unfortunately ranger spells can't be re-prepared each night like the artificer's can, so we've got to love these choices.

Level 15- Ranger 3
    The Gloomstalker subclass is such a great Batman package I can't turn it down. We get darkvision and effective immunity to enemy darkvision, plus a bonus to initiative rolls, extra speed on the first round of combat, and an extra attack with each attack action we take on our first turn. We also get one more ranger spell here, and I feel like Zephyr Strike is a strong choice.

Level 16- Ranger 4
    With this ASI we get sharpshooter. This improves our batarang damage, and effective range, immensely. This level also leaves us as a 4th level spellcaster (the artificer levels round up) with four first level slots and three third level slots. That's not a bad utility belt loadout, though we only have first-level spells available to us.

Level 7-20- Fighter 9-12
    Getting us that sweet third attack is always great, and another ASI gives us another feat of our choice. I'm going to pick Alert, simply because the ability to never be surprised by anything is peak Batman. These levels also see two more maneuvers for us to pick, so we'll go with Ambush to maximize our stealth abilities and Disarming Attack which isn't always useful but is amazingly powerful when it is. Also our superiority dice become d10s, and we get one more of them.
    Last edited by Damon_Tor; 2021-04-28 at 02:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Damon_Tor: Nice build! WOW! VERY cool and well made!

I like it better then Tulok build cause there is no Monk levels. Batman HAS a big armor for a reason. The Expertise is also useful to cancel the disavantage at higher level.

The only downside for me is that he doesnt have more rogue levels. I feel like he should have the Roguish Archetype (Thief) and that he should have 9 levels of it, so that he get Supreme Sneak, to have advantage on each and every stealth checks. Those for me are more important then fighter levels. And because with that idea he will have less manouever, I would give him, again, the Samurai martial archetype, to be able to pack a punch even if alone or not having the advantage.

But Batman is a hard build to make as it needs to cover so much things. Your build on it is very good on that regard!

Thanks for your contribution!
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-04-24 at 09:17 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Nick Wilde – Zootopia

Goals for the Build

1) Master of the Field : Like Judie Hop, you went into the same police school but only by the end of the movie
    2) Taking a wrong turn : You started on the wrong side of the law as a small crook
    3) You need to know Zootopia streets and its animals like the palm of your paw !

STATS :

Str : 8 (You use your tongue rather then your muscles to get out of trouble)
    Dex : 14 (You are agile and quick on your feet)
    Con : 12 (You are durable despite your small frame)
    Int : 10 (A bit low, You have street-knowledge then scholar knowledge)
    Wis : 13 : (You are quick witted and perceptive)
    Cha : 15 (You are quite the charmer and deceiver)

RACE : I dont like the race but it fit fox quite well… SHIFTER !
    +1 Dex
    Darkvision
    Keen Senses : Trained in Perception
    Shifting : Shifting for one minute, recharge with short or long rest.

SWIFTSTRIDE :
    +1 Cha, +1 Dex

Graceful : trained in Acrobatic
    Swift Stride : +5 feet speed, +10 feet when shifting
    Additionally, you can move up to 10 feet as a reaction when an enemy ends its turn within 5 feet of you. This movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks.

BACKGROUND : Dimir Operative (pretend to be in the marchand guild despite being a crook) skill givens : Stealth and Deception

CLASS PROGRESSION :

Level 1 : Bard
    Skill Trained : Athletic, Persuasion, Survival
    Spellcasting (Cantrips : Prestigitation to make frozen pops and Vicious Mockery)
    Spell Known : Animal Friendship, Charm Person, Feather Fall, Illusiory Script
    Bardic Inspiration (1d6, 2 times per day, 3 when shifting)

Level 2 : Bard

Jack of all Trade (that’s the ticket ! Nick definitely needed that in his build)
    Song of Rest
    Spellcasting (+Detect Magic)

Level 3 : Bard
    Expertise (Persuasion, Deception)
    College of Eloquence :
    - Silvertongue
    - Unsettling Words
    Spellcasting : Locate Object

Level 4 : Bard
    New Feat (Keen Mind) // Its bad, I know, but it fit Nick Wilde. How else can he knows every animals in town, knows how many hours Judie has left for her to finish her investigation or how to get anywhere in this huge city ? While the feat is essential for flavor, if you dont like it, switch this feat and the one given at level 19 of this build together. Im sure you wont mind getting Keen Mind at level 19 since almost no games go to that level lol)
    Spellcasting (+ See Invisibility)

Level 5 : Rogue
    +1 Skill : Sleight of Hand
    Expertise (Athletics, Perception)
    Thieves Cant, Sneak Attack (+1d6)

Level 6 : Rogue
    Cunning Action

Level 7 : Rogue
    Roguish Archetype (Thief)
    Second-Story Work
    Fast Hands

Level 8 : Rogue
    Ability Improvement (+2 Charisma)

Level 9 : Rogue
    Uncanny Dodge

Level 10 : Rogue
    Expertise (Investigation, Stealth)

Evasion

Ability Improvement (+2 Dex)

Level 13 : Fighter
    Fighting Style (Mariner), Second Wind

Level 14 : Fighter
    Action Surge

Level 15 : Fighter
    Martial Archetype (Samurai)
    Bonus skill : History
    Fighting Spirit

Level 16 : Fighter
    Ability Improuvement (+2 Dex)

Level 17 : Fighter
    Extra Attack

Level 18 : Fighter
    New feat : Perceptive (+1 Wis, get that Passive Perception up and you can now read lips.)

Level 19 : Fighter

New Feat: Lucky
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-04-28 at 09:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Would ask for a build for Mulan be too much?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
    Would ask for a build for Mulan be too much?
    Interesting... but first, tell me what you don't like in Tulok build for Mulan? It seems pretty accurate?

Spoiler: Tulok build
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Interesting... but first, tell me what you don't like in Tulok build for Mulan?
    The fact that I didn't know about it for starters

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
    The fact that I didn't know about it for starters
    Then it’s a win-win for everybody! Love Tulok work and always glad to make someone discover his builds, especially when I agree with it lol!

Some of them I think could have been better though, like it’s Batman build or it’s Froppy build. I made my own Froppy build I’m satisfied with and although Damon_Tor made a nice build for Batman, I think I would have done it differently. I suppose it could be a build I do next if there is an interest for it or I feel like having an headache as Batman has so much stuff to cover lol
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-04-24 at 11:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Damon_Tor:The only downside for me is that he doesnt have more rogue levels. I feel like he should have the Roguish Archetype (Thief) and that he should have 9 levels of it, so that he get Supreme Sneak, to have advantage on each and every stealth checks.
    A strictly worse stealth package compared to what we already have: he already has advantage on every stealth check via his infiltrator armor, and he doesn't have to move at half speed to use it (unlike the poorly-named Supreme Sneak). Plus he can use one of his infusions to make his cape into a Cloak of Elvenkind and give everyone disadvantage when trying to see him (disadvantage is -5 to a passive check!). Combined with his proficiency and expertise in stealth, and his ability to foil darkvision via Gloomstalker, the Artificer's Guidance cantrip, and the battlemaster's Ambush maneuver, there's virtually no danger of being spotted by anything without magic senses.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have more rogue levels (I would lean toward Inquisitive) but ultimately I felt like it added less to the overall Batman feel than fighter did, especially with how well the Battlemaster's non-combat maneuvers help fill in the gaps, and the fact that those maneuvers get better, and you get more uses of them, as you gain fighter levels.
    Last edited by Damon_Tor; 2021-04-24 at 06:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Damon_Tor View Post
    A strictly worse stealth package compared to what we already have: he already has advantage on every stealth check via his infiltrator armor, and unlike supreme sneak he doesn't have to move at half speed to use it (unlike the poorly-named Supreme Sneak). Plus he can use one of his infusions to make his cape into a Cloak of Elvenkind and give everyone disadvantage when trying to see him (disadvantage is -5 to a passive check!). Combined with his proficiency and expertise in stealth, and his ability to foil darkvision via Gloomstalker, the Artificer's Guidance cantrip, and the battlemaster's Ambush maneuver, there's virtually no danger of being spotted by anything without magic senses.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have more rogue levels (I would lean toward Inquisitive) but ultimately I felt like it added less to the overall Batman feel than fighter did, especially with how well the Battlemaster's non-combat maneuvers help fill in the gaps, and the fact that those maneuvers get better, and you get more uses of them, as you gain fighter levels.
    Just wow! You are definitely more knowledgeable then me in terms of rules! And to be honest, I’m not super familiar with The alchemist class. Only made one alchemist build in the past and studied them a bit but clearly not enough. I’ll have to challenge myself in making a build with Alchemist levels eventually or at least read them more carefully!

I’ll pin your Batman build in the second post of my thread once I’m home. Its harder for me to do it on my phone. And I’ll 100/100 credit you of course.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I fixed up my presentation a bit and filled some missing information like spell selection and some explanation of the different benefits of the different choices. The end result is a Batman who is very very good at the things Batman should be very good at at (unarmed fighting, thrown weapon fighting, investigation, stealth) while not being the absolute best possible at any one of them.

Oh it might also be relevant that between his race, background, and class selections, he also knows 6 languages, not including Thieves Cant. In real life knowing six languages is pretty impressive, but of course in the comics Batman can speak at least 40 languages fluently including fantasy languages he has no business speaking, like Kryptionian. Because he's Batman.

But there's no way I'm going to dedicate enough levels into a full caster class for the tongues spell, so we'll have to be satisfied with the six we've got here. I'll suggest they should be English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Russian and Arabic. That seems like the most useful array of 6 languages, noting that Japanese is included more for background reasons than for day-to-day utility.
    Last edited by Damon_Tor; 2021-04-24 at 06:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Darth Maul
    No one class or blend of classes can express the varied abilities of all force users in the Star Wars universe, and here we're exploring a build of a uniquely martial Sith, Darth Maul. To be clear, Maul WILL have force powers, using a variety of telekinetic abilities to augment his potent combat abilities, but especially in his early levels he's about fierce combat first, with his somewhat limited force abilities used to supplement. Later in his build he picks up levels as a full caster. As with my Batman build, I'll assume our level 1 Darth Maul is a young boy just starting his Sith training.

Race: Maul is a Zabrak, a people known for their durability, their intense emotional strength, and their fearsome appearance. We could go with a Custom Lineage here, but there's already a race which matches Maul perfectly in 5e: the Half-Orc. Here we get intimidation proficiency, the durability boost of Relentless Endurance, and the savagery of Savage Attacks. we'll keep the Half-Orc's +2 to Strength and +1 to Con.
    Background: Acolyte. Maul was born into a Dathomirian dark-side cult led by his mother. The Zabraks of Dathomir aren't Sith, but a separate force-using culture with distinct abilities. Here we get proficiency in Religion and Insight.

Strength: 16. Maul is a natural athlete, and his strength is augmented by the force. With the understanding that this score represents Maul's natural physicality plus this force-based augmentation, this is also our main attack stat.
    Dexterity: 14. Maul is extremely agile. We'll start this at a respectable 14.
    Constitution: 16. One tough SOB, I'm not sure anyone else in Star Wars canon has a survival feat on par with being bisected, then falling hundreds of feet into a sewer, where he survived for years.
    Intelligence: 12. Maul is at least clever enough to put several evil plots in motion and run a criminal syndicate... albeit not very successfully. This ability score will eventually apply to our force abilities when we gain them.
    Wisdom: 8. Overconfident and arrogant, Maul fails to see through his master's various plots and lies, used as a pawn and a weapon and discarded when convenient.
    Charisma: 8. Maul is terrible at making friends and he's about the least subtle Sith Lord in canon. He's capable of being intimidating to a point, but we can handle that via proficiency.

Level 1-2- Barbarian 1-2
    Maul draws his power from his anger, which makes the barbarian a natural choice for his starting class. Maul wears no armor, making the barbarian's Unarmored Defense ability critical. This connection to his rage is likely what attracts Sidious to take on Maul as his apprentice. Our skill picks are Athletics and Perception. We also get the flavorful Reckless Attack and Danger Sense. Maul is still a child without telekinetic abilities, and so has yet to forge his Lightsabers.

Level 3-5- Fighter 1-3
    While Sidious respects Maul's inner rage as source of great power, his new apprentice must be taught discipline to be to a useful tool, and so we're switching to the fighter class.
    Here we pick up the Great-Weapon Fighting style. Why great-weapon fighting? We'll eventually be using the Double Bladed Scimitar as Maul's signature weapon, and the Great Weapon fighting style works extremely well on the 2d4 damage employed by the weapon, triggering on half of all damage dice we roll.
    At fighter 3 we take the Psi Warrior subclass, and finally our Sith Training is bearing fruit! We gain a suite of telekinetic powers, and we can even use them while raging, because unlike some other builds, these aren't spells. Protective Field stacks nicely with rage's damage resistance.

At this point, with our telekinetic force abilities unlocked, there are no more excuses from our master, it's time to forge our Lightsaber. We'll be creating a custom Sun Blade which extends into either a Double-Bladed Scimitar or a Longsword. As always when acquiring magic items, a quest of some sort is appropriate, in this case probably tracking down a Sith Holocron.

Level 6- Barbarian 3
    We are ready to act as our master's weapon against the Jedi and soon our revenge will be complete. Sidious once again encourages Maul to deepen his hatred, and he becomes a zealot, in his pursuit of vengeance.

Level 7-11- Fighter 4-8
    Our ASIs get us to Str 20 and Int 14, and we get our Extra Attack feature. We also gain the concept-critical Psi-Powered Leap and Telekinetic Thrust abilities.

This is where we meet Maul in Episode 1, and here's where Maul meets his defeat at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Cut in half and left for dead, Maul survives, barely, in the sewers. Perhaps ironically, the physical frailty imposed him by this defeat brings Maul closer to the Force, and his burning hatred of Kenobi and Jedi (and of his Master once he discovers how he was used, betrayed and replaced) drives him to increase his force abilities. He necessarily picks up two new Magic Items during this time as well: a pair of Prosthetic Legs.

Level 12-20 Wizard 1-9
    Here we need to get Maul to the level of power we see at the end of the Clone Wars series, where he survives order 66 unarmed using his force abilities.
    At wizard 2, Maul picks his subclass: Bladesinger, like many Force Users.
    At wizard 4, we get another ASI, bringing our intelligence to 16.
    Our cantrips are mage hand, blade ward, friends and booming blade.
    Our spells will be shield, catapult, thunderwave, longstrider, levitate, hold person, shatter, Haste, Intellect Fortress, Nondetection, Protection from Energy, Telekinesis and Bigby's Hand.
    Our second ASIs here will get our Intelligence score to 18.
    Last edited by Damon_Tor; 2021-04-26 at 01:42 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Reposting but only to make linking back to the build easier:

Zootopia - Judie Hopp

1) Master of the Field: You can trained to adapt to every environnement of Zootopia
    2) Sherlock Hare : You are a cop and a master investigator
    3) Poursuit Expert: You got to catch the running criminal with great speed

Stats:

Str: 15 (There is no guns in Zootopia but still have “guns” if you catch my drift)
    Dex: 12 (You are agile and quick on your feet)
    Con: 14 (You can tank a few hits and you are as healthy as you can be)
    Int: 8 (Simply because you don’t really need it and you are a cop, not a scholar)
    Wis: 13 (You are quite determined and perceptive)
    Cha: 10 (A bit low, you are charming but you can’t convince other animals with your words that you are a worthy cop)

Race: After much consideration, I decided to go with custom race once again. Mostly because of what it could give to rabbits people:
    Stats : +2 Dex
    Feat : Alert
    Skill trained : Perception

Background : City Watch (Investigator) (Investigation, Insight)

Class :

Level 1: Rogue
    Skill trained : Acrobatics, Athletics, Sleight of Hand, Deception
    (Sleight of hands because how smoothly she took back those fair tickets. Dont forget however you might use it mostly to hide something on yourself, like a carrot pencil or your phone. Deception is because she just cant seem to convince anyone she’s a real policewoman but she can trick a fox in revealing his tax evasion and make a very good howling wolf impression)
    Expertise (Athletic, Investigation)
    Thieves Cant and Sneak Attack (1d6)

Level 2 : Rogue
    Cunning Action

Level 3 : Roguish Archetype (Scout)
    Skirmisher
    Survivalist (+Nature and Survival Skill)

Level 4 : Rogue
    Ability Improuvement (+1 Str and +1 Wis.)

Level 5 : Fighter
    • Fighting Style (Unharmed Attack)

Second Wind

Level 6 : Fighter
    Action Surge

Level 7 : Fighter
    Fighter Archetype (Samurai) : (The most resolved fighter class, you’ll need it to not lose your way. It’s the best one too to represent cops if you ask me as samurai were law enforcement in the past)
    Bonus Proficiency (History)

Level 8 : Fighter
    New Feat : Fighting Initiate (get Mariner fighting style. At this point, I believe you graduated from your police academy)

Level 9 : Fighter
    Extra Attack

Level 10 : Fighter
    New feat : Mobile

Uncanny Dodge

Evasion

Level 13 : Rogue
    Ability Score Improuvement (+2 Str)

Level 14 : Rogue
    Roguish Archetype (Superior Mobility)

Level 15 : Rogue
    Ability Improvement (+2 Str)

Level 16 : Rogue
    Reliable Talent

Level 17 : Rogue
    New Feat: Tough (You felt throught a huge waterfall and survived! You are incredibly resilient for a bunny!)

Level 18 : Rogue
    Roguish Archetype (Ambush Master)

Level 19 : Rogue
    Blindsense

PROS: Samurai subclass is a match with heaven with sneak attacks! You deal a LOT of damage and you don't even need teammates to set you up! You also have great speed and lots of mobility no matter the terrain. You are a well-rounded character with good investogation skills and a good scout, exactly what we wanted

CONS: You have no magic damage so a teamates would have to set you up with the Magic Weapon Spell. You also have no flying speed, hard to catch those flying criminal with no ways to fly. And finally, you dont have teleportation options so you'll need to rely on your fast mouvement speed to get in melee.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Strength is an interesting choice for the primary physical stat for her, especially since there is so much emphasis on how small and weak she is compared to all the other cops.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Damon_Tor : Love your build for Darth Maul by the way! Very fitting!

Strength is an interesting choice for the primary physical stat for her, especially since there is so much emphasis on how small and weak she is compared to all the other cops.
    Haha well I figured that in her training montage, she trained a lot physically. Also, it goes with her motto "you can be whatever you want", no matter your size.

And to be honest, her coworkers probably have the "Powerful Build" trait. Which mean its easier for them to "push her" around.

She might be small but remember, she knocked out a BIG rhino with a single kick... that requiere some amazing strenght for her lithe frame!

I made her able to compete with big animals by using Expertise (Athletic) checks. Powerful build trait might be good but Expertise is a nice alternative with a lot of advantages on its own. In fact, it might be better!
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2021-04-26 at 09:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spawn
    Al Simmons was already a skilled warrior and assassin when he died. Making a pact with an arch-demon called Malbolgia, he returned to the world of living as a Hellspawn, destined to lead Hell's armies against the forces of Heaven. As before, we're assuming level 1 Al Simmons is a young man, probably just joining the Army.

Race: Human (Variant). This will change later, but at level 1 Al is still very much a human. His bonus feat is Gunner, as he shows great skill with firearms even as a young man. Our bonus skill proficiency is in survival. Our stat bonuses are +1 Str and +1 Dex
    Background: Soldier. This should be an uncontroversial choice. This background gives us proficiency in intimidation and athletics.

Strength: 14. He's not a power lifter, but Al is an exceptional soldier and a gifted athlete.
    Dexterity: 16. He's a skilled marksman and becomes one of the world's top assassins.
    Constitution: 12. As Al Simmons, he has no survivability feats of note, and his story begins, ultimately, with his death. But he's in excellent shape, so he'll be above average
    Intelligence: 8. "This guy is dumber than Clark" notes Batman upon meeting Spawn. It's true that Al lacks subtlety of thought, lacking the foresight to really think through his decisions and their consequences.
    Wisdom: 12. His tactical awareness is above average, though other skilled assassins can get the drop on him and proficient liars can manipulate him.
    Charisma: 14. If all the varied expressions of Charisma in D&D have one common thread linking them together, it's confidence, and Al Simmons has swagger. This trait, more than the combat skills, are what attracts the attention of Malbolgia.

Levels 1-3- Fighter 1-3
    These levels represent Al's time in the army before being tapped to train as an assassin, this gets us Perception and Stealth training. We'll take the archery fighting style for a bonus to our ranged attack rolls. Al is a Battlemaster with Ambush, Precision Attack and Riposte.

Levels 4-7- Rogue 1-4
    His skills recognized, Al is chosen to train to become an assassin gaining proficiency in acrobatics and deception with expertise in stealth and perception. He gets an ASI here, which brings him to 18 Dex.

Betrayal! Al's superiors turn on him, and he's killed by another assassin he thought was his ally. But this is not the end for Al Simmons, as when he gets to Hell he is greeted by the Malbolgia who makes him an offer he can't refuse: he can return to life and see his wife again, in exchange for his services leading Hell's army. He agrees, and the pact is forged.

Race: Reborn. No longer a human, Al is now a Hellspawn, not quite dead, not quite alive. Al loses many of his memories, as he loses his Gunner feat and survival proficiency. His ability scores will remain the same. (Rules for the Reborn racial option are found in Unearthed Arcana.)

Magic Items: When he's returned to Earth, Al is bonded with a symbiotic suit of infernal origin. For our purposes, we'll treat this as Living Armor using Studded Leather Armor as the base item. It includes a long, living cape that can intercept projectiles, a Cloak of Protection. The suit can also extrude living chains to attack Spawn's enemies, which we'll treat as a Dyrrn's Tentacle Whip. (Both the armor and whip are found in Eberron: Rising from the Last War.)

Level 8- Warlock 1
    Al's deal with Malbolgia is clearly a Fiend Pact. He gains the ability to shoot blasts of energy and magically enhance his durability, represented by the Eldritch Blast and Blade Ward cantrips. For his first level spells, we'll take Hex and Cause Fear.

Level 9- Fighter 4
    This level, Al learns to adjust his fighting style to his new abilities, using martial versatility to replace his archery fighting style with dueling, as he relies more on his living chains and eldritch blasts than on firearms. He also replaces Ambush with Lunging Attack, to better take advantage of the reach and power of his chains. Still preferring direct combat over magic use, his ASI here brings him to Dex 20.

10-20- Warlock 2-12
    At warlock 3, we'll be taking Pact of the Blade. This can be used to represent his suit's ability to manifest blades and spikes and other weapons, but in practice we're most likely to apply its bonuses to Spawns' chain. He gets three ASIs here that collectively bring his charisma to 20, his infernal power growing until he eventually becomes a threat to Hell itself.
    Invocations- Agonizing Blast, Devil's Sight, Mask of Many Faces, Thirsting Blade, Eldritch Smite, Lifedrinker
    Cantrips- Eldritch Blast, Blade Ward, Minor Illusion, Create Bonfire
    Spells- Hex, Hellish Rebuke, Darkness, Invisibility, Fear, Fly, Fireball, Bestow Curse, Fire Shield, Hold Monster, Far Step
    Mystic Arcanum- Summon Fiend
    Last edited by Damon_Tor; 2021-04-26 at 04:22 PM.