New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,023 of 1023
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1232 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    I don't think it's unreasonable to think Rich would fudge the truth a bit to preserve spoilers or suspense, but I also don't think he's doing so here, for the reasons stated about what the Ritual actually does. The Dark One can't kill all the gods with it, he can only move the gate once to another plane-- and as some of you have said already, his grievance is with all of them, not just the Northern ones. It's probably a safe assumption that he knows what his own Ritual does, and thus the threat of using it to unleash the Snarl would be more effective than actually using it.
    Yeah, I think that if there's going to be a big reveal that The Dark One isn't straight with Redcloak, it wouldn't be on what he plans on doing but why.

So, not "I'm going to use the Snarl right now!" but "I'm going to use the threat of the sanrl to demand concessions... For myself, screw the mortals, goblins or otherwise, I don't care."

If the story is headed that way, that is.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Yeah, I think that if there's going to be a big reveal that The Dark One isn't straight with Redcloak, it wouldn't be on what he plans on doing but why.

So, not "I'm going to use the Snarl right now!" but "I'm going to use the threat of the sanrl to demand concessions... For myself, screw the mortals, goblins or otherwise, I don't care."

If the story is headed that way, that is.
    Do you think that this sort of reveal is going to be enough to make RC go with Thor's plan? Given that RC probably would have enough energy left to fulfill the 9th level slot before TDO can take away his cleric powers, it'd be...interesting for the resolution to involve RC's participation but not TDO's participation.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Considering they need help from TDO to spot-weld more Rifts as they form, no I don't think that's going to be the answer.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.