New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Idea: The Order will have to defeat not only Snarl, but also gods!

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Well I do think that with the prospect of ending the threat of The Snarl forever, the Gods may start to think that this world was just going to be another throwaway world they didn't care about or put too much thought into anyway... now they can go back to something they really care about!

Also, something doesn't seem right. Thor mentions that if he was to try to talk to the Dark One personally, that their interactions could create a mini 2-colored snarl which would be dangerous!

But...

Does this mean, since this mini-snarl is made of 2 colors, which is more than the gods which are only made of one color, and mortals are made of 3 characters, that the mortals should therefore be much much stronger?

Something here does not add up. If 2-colored mini snarls are dangerous, than mortals, which are made up of 3 characters must be even more dangerous. If gods can easily kill mortals, then they should easily be able to deal with a mini snarl.
    Mortals, being made of three divine essences are more "real" than gods and therefore would always win a fight against a god of a similar level. It doesn't matter that a mortal's attack does three time as much damage against a god than it does against a fellow mortal when that god has 3 orders of magnitude more HP and their attack deal 2, 000 HP loss per turn (numbers made up on the fly to illustrate the point).

The Snarl, however, is in the right ballpark for the difference in number of quiddities to matter. A second Snarl might be too. They don't know for sure but they don't feelblike risking it.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Experience points are a quantification of your experiences. They are not your experiences. I mean, you could certainly have a setting where it works as you suggest, but I think if we're connecting the two in that way that it would be that a (temporary) loss of memory could result in an accompanying (temporary) loss of xp and possibly abilities.

In terms of spell xp cost, I think it's more like casting these spells requires so much energy/will/whatever that it weakens you somewhat, possibly causing you to lose access to certain abilities (if you lose a level) until you are "recovered".

But I don't think your experience points are literally your experiences and losing them means you forget your experiences is meant to be the standard.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Precure View Post
    Minrah: "Tell us what has happened, my lord. We won, didn't we? The Snarl was defeated?"

Thor: "The Snarl was defeated, Minrah. He was not destroyed. The Destroyer of Everything could never be destroyed. You forced him to flee this world. He agreed to do so, but at a high price. He will leave this world, but his creators must leave as well."

Minrah: "You're...not going, are you? You can't!"

Thor: "The other gods have already gone. I came to give you my thanks and have a last pint of beer with my favorite followers."

Minrah: "You can't do this! How can you leave us?"

Thor: "We make this sacrifice to save the creation we love, Minrah. Just as how The Order of the Stick sacrificed themselves to save what they loved."

Minrah: "I don't understand! What about the clerics? What about my magic? I can't feel it inside me anymore. Is there no more divine magic in this world?"

Thor: "Not as you know it. There may be other forms of divine magic, like those Creed of Stone guys on the Godsmoot. It is up to you to find it. Now is begun what will be known on this world as the Age of Mortals. It will be the final age, I think. The final, the longest, and, perhaps, the best. Farewell, Minrah. Farewell, my all of my followers."
    I think that you are quoting from the dragonlance dragons of summer flame book. Feels like the conversation that paladine has in that book
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    I think that you are quoting from the dragonlance dragons of summer flame book. Feels like the conversation that paladine has in that book
    I'm guilty as charged.