New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Did V's Sending spells to Serini fail?

Vaarsuvius has semi-regularly cast Sending to contact Serini and warn her of Xykon's (and the Order's) progress.

But since her appearance has changed drastically from how she used to look, did those sendings fail? The priest of Loki needed more than just a name to contact Durkon, after all.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Did V's Sending spells to Serini fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Vaarsuvius has semi-regularly cast Sending to contact Serini and warn her of Xykon's (and the Order's) progress.

But since her appearance has changed drastically from how she used to look, did those sendings fail? The priest of Loki needed more than just a name to contact Durkon, after all.
    I don't think they failed. Based on what Serini has said so far, she chose not to respond because she didn't trust adventurers not to blow up her gate; they had already been around two destroyed gates by the time they decided to start calling her?

Or was it three? Hmmm, was it before or after BRiTF that V starting sending to Serini? My guess is after Roy did for Girard's gate but am happy to be corrected.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2021-04-26 at 12:24 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Or was it three? Hmmm, was it before or after BRiTF that V starting sending to Serini? My guess is after Roy did for Girard's gate but am happy to be corrected.
    It was definitely before that; there is a bonus strip in BRitF that shows it.

There is also a possibility that her "warehouse" is protected from receiving Sending, but that seems to be unlikely.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Personally I think it failed based on them not being able to accurately identify her, since that would underline how radical the change had been, and there's no particularly important reason that I can see why the Sendings should have succeeded. It's just that if they hadn't tried, it'd be like, "Why didn't they try?" so they did the sensible thing and tried.

But there are other possibilities and I guess we'll see.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

My money is on V's Sendings having reached Serini without any issues.
    ungelic is us

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

There is also Girard's message.