New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Second Darkness [Shadow in the Sky] (IC)

R16T18: Rodriguez turns to his eidolon,”Sorry buddy, maybe later. We need to get some answers first. Should we heal him, or let him let him wake up on his own? It seems like the latter might take a while.” Rodriguez stretches and pulls out a waterskin, casting a spell on it. "Anyone want a drink?”

R16T15: Ozzy finishes tying up Saul, and Apophis releases him.

R16T14: "We done today, or looking northern doors?" Apophis asks Rod.

End Round 16, Begin Round 17 ...

R17T24-23.5:
    Kwava and Ganmeed delays ...

R17T23: Sol shrugs. "Any other place, I would have him face justice, but there is no such thing in Riddleport. But I don't like being party to murder if we didn't kill him outright. I say we keep him tied up for now, and see what we can find. He had a hell of a talent pool that left him or were killed, so I'm wondering what it is around here that maybe he was hiding, since technically I was a junior partner with the others. First, though, I am going to check out those other fallen people."

He moves out of the stairwell past Eric, and then looks down at the bodyguard. "I can't tell how he's doing? Visto, you wanna look at this guy? I'm only the most basic of battlefield medicine, not a skilled healer. Hey, Eric, can you step off him please so Visto can get to him?"

R17T19: Eric, what do you do?

Rod on deck, Ozzy in the hole, Visto/ Kwava + Ganmeed/ Ginny delaying ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric steps off him, getting toward the closest door in case of unwanted visitors.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

3. - Top - End - #183

R17T19: Eric steps off him, getting toward the closest door in case of unwanted visitors.

R17T18: Rod, you don't seem to have any takers. What do you do?

Ozlech on deck, Apophis in the hole, Visto delaying (but was verbally prompted) ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez will shrug and take a swig from the skin before offering some to Apophis as well.
    ”Best of luck with the first aid. I’ll just stay here and guard the prisoner, yell if you need me.”
    he will take a seat next to the unconscious Saul.

5. - Top - End - #185

R17T18: Rodriguez will shrug and take a swig from the skin before offering some to Apophis as well, who denies any. ”Best of luck with the first aid. I’ll just stay here and guard the prisoner, yell if you need me.” Rodriguez then takes a seat next to the unconscious Saul.

R17T15: Ozlech, what do you do?

Apophis on deck, Sol in the hole, Visto delaying (but verbally prompted) ...
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto answers Sol's request by heading over to where the fallen bodyguard is laying, and starts checking him to determine his condition. If he's dying, but not dead, he'll perform some basic first aid to stem the bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perform a Heal check to determine his status. While we are still in initiative, if he's bleeding out/dying, he'll perform First Aid on his next turn to stem the bleeding.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2021-09-08 at 07:48 PM.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozzy will attempt to 'disarm' Saul of his key prosthesis. It not only deprives Saul of a weapon, but Ozzy is willing to bet the key serves a function outside of battle as well.

8. - Top - End - #188

R17T17: Visto answers Sol's request by heading over to where the fallen bodyguard is laying, and starts checking him to determine his condition. Visto is unable to tell if the bodyguard is dead or just comatose.

R17T15: Ozzy disarms Saul of his key prosthesis. It not only deprives Saul of a weapon, but Ozzy is willing to bet the key serves a function outside of battle as well.

R17T14: Apophis just chills out (delays) ...

End Round 17, Begin Round 18 ...

R18T23:
    Sol moves north, and verifies that Old Scratch is dead.

R18T19: Eric, what do you do?

Rod on deck, Visto in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

While the others are tying up the survivors and the mob boss, Eric starts searching, opening the nearest door.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

10. - Top - End - #190

R18T19: While the others are tying up the survivors and the mob boss, Eric starts searching, opening the door next to him. Inside is a very messy living area with little of interest immediately noticeable.

R18T18: Rod, what do you do?

Visto on deck, Ozzy in the hole ...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez stays put, keeping an eye on the prisoners for now

12. - Top - End - #192

R18T18: Rodriguez stays put, keeping an eye on the prisoners for now.

R18T17: Visto, what do you do?

Ozzy on deck, Sol in the hole ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

R18T17: "Friend Rodriguez," says Visto. "Visto is not sure about this man, and Visto will not let fear of fight-back keep me from saving him if he can be saved. Be careful."

Visto sidesteps to an open spot, and lets soothing rain fall on the bodyguard's body, fully healing him, which heals most of his wounds. The man's eyes flutter open.

"Friend, you were enemy, but Visto save you. Your Friend Saul is tied up and beaten. Please do not make Visto look bad with his mercy."

R18T15: Ozlech, what do you do?

Bodyguard on deck, Sol in hole, Kwava/ Ganmeed/ Huginn/ Rod/ Apophis delaying ...
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozlech waits to see what the bodyguard does in response to Visto's offer of mercy.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Delay

15. - Top - End - #195

[QUOTE=lostsole31;25197391]R18T17: "Friend Rodriguez," says Visto. "Visto is not sure about this man, and Visto will not let fear of fight-back keep me from saving him if he can be saved. Be careful."

Visto sidesteps to an open spot, and lets soothing rain fall on the bodyguard's body, healing him for 9, which heals most of his wounds. The man's eyes flutter open.

"Friend, you were enemy, but Visto save you. Your Friend Saul is tied up and beaten. Please do not make Visto look bad with his mercy."

R18T15: Ozlech waits to see what the bodyguard does in response to Visto's offer of mercy.

R18T4: "Uh, just gonna sit up, not standing or nothing," the man says. "But I'm a bodyguard, which means keep him safe. If you tied him up, I guess that counts as safe?"

End Round 18, Begin Round 19 ...

R19T23:
    Sol moves north, asking Kwava to move some, who obliges. Sol calls out. "Can't tell about this woman here, Visto!"

R19T19: Eric, what do you do?

Visto on deck, Beyar on deck, mostly everyone else delaying ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Foe Saul is defeated, but alive. Visto does not wish to kill, nor to allow Friends to kill if surrender is possible. As long as Bodyguard does not attack others, Visto promises Friends won't hurt him. Now, Visto must see to others." Visto then heads towards the next fallen foe, invoking his rain on this one to heal her wounds. Assuming the healing is enough to bring her to consciousness, he will address her next. Friend, you have been beaten by Visto and his Friends. Visto does not wish to bring death to others. Foe Saul has been defeated and tied up, but alive. As long as you do not attack Visto or Friends, Visto promises that Friends will not harm you. Please do not make Friends regret Visto's Mercy."

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Remove E from Soothing Rain (Which has technically already been done, but still being specified just to be safe.)
    Move action: Move close to the fallen woman Sol pointed out
    Standard action: Use Soothing Rain on the fallen woman to heal (2d8)[11] damage

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Still on guard, Eric moves to the next door, opening it as well.

18. - Top - End - #198

R19T19: Still on guard, Eric moves to the next door, opening it as well, reaching past Kwava to open it an angle in doing so. Because he opened it an angle with Kwava in the way, he doesn't see too much, though he thinks he spies a wine rack. A subtle, musty odor wafts out that underlies the spoiled, sweet stench of wine.

R19T17: "Foe Saul is defeated, but alive. Visto does not wish to kill, nor to allow Friends to kill if surrender is possible. As long as Bodyguard does not attack others, Visto promises Friends won't hurt him. Now, Visto must see to others." Visto then heads towards the next fallen foe, invoking his rain on this one to heal her wounds. Assuming the healing is enough to bring her to consciousness, he will address her next. He has to double move to her.

Combat Ends ...

Visto and Sol switch places. The woman miraculously stabilized very close to death, though her male counterpart died of his wounds. Visto invokes his rain on the woman to heal her wounds. As she comes to consciousness fully healed, Visto chides her, "Friend, you have been beaten by Visto and his Friends. Visto does not wish to bring death to others. Foe Saul has been defeated and tied up, but alive. As long as you do not attack Visto or Friends, Visto promises that Friends will not harm you. Please do not make Friends regret Visto's Mercy."

She nods, and sees she hasn't been tied up. "What now?" she asks.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto speaks once more to the woman. "Visto suggests you head to your home. Visto's friends will not stop you." After speaking to her, he starts to see to his companions, healing the injured with his Unicorn Feathering while they decide what to do with Saul, who he will also check to make sure isn't bleeding to death, but won't heal him.

20. - Top - End - #200

Though not significantly injured, still ... Visto tops off Rodriguez, Sol, and Apophis.

Meanwhile, the woman is gone (she does take her weapons though ... expensive stuff for a street-level thief).

What now?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

“Well, we’ve got some time until he wakes up. Personally, I’d like to see what he was trying so desperately to hide. Let’s check these rooms Apophis.” Rodriguez will start checking the rooms that branch off from the hallway. Starting with the closest door.

22. - Top - End - #202

Rodriguez moves up and into the first room with Apophis that Eric had opened up. The crappy decor somehow thematically tying itself to the dead man at the south of the hall.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozlech will busy himself with looting those who fell in battle. The group must look after their finances after all.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez will continue exploring the rooms connected to the hallway if there any that haven’t been checked.

25. - Top - End - #205

31. Wine Cellar
    This chamber holds large barrels of common port and rows of bottles holding wines and various other alcohols. The floor manager and head bartender hold keys to the door of this chamber along with Vancaskerkin (and, unbeknownst to them, Bojask). The room bears a subtle, musty odor underlying the spoiled, sweet stench of wine. Nobody can identify that underlying stench, but Rodriguez does know that it is not a smell related to alcohol at all, and is quite unpleasant.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Seeing the others move down the hall to explore, Ozzy huffs as he drags the tied up Saul with him to catch up.

"Think *grunt* we can find a room that locks to stuff Saul in while we look around? I *Humph* would rather not have to drag tubby here around." Ozzy speaks between grunts of effort as he drags Saul slowly along behind him.

27. - Top - End - #207

Kwava speaks, "I and Ganmeed shall watch him, and watch out in this hallway for any other interlopers as well."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric nods.

"Yeah, let's explore and make sure we're clear here."

29. - Top - End - #209

The group does a full check of the wine cellar. Assuming a T20 on Perception to check all nooks and crannies, it takes 20 minutes for a full search, only to realize nothing special there. it takes another 8 minutes to verify nothing special in Bojask's room.

At this point, the party has transitioned to "exploration" rather than "oh, crap, kill it!"

The group gets to Bojask's body. He has a masterwork battleaxe, masterwork handaxe, a throwing axe at his side and wears a masterwork chain shirt. He does have two vials of fluid string-tied to his belt, and a pouch of gold coins. You can come back for those things, but Sol does ID the vials as potions of cure light wounds. Also, a set of keys.

Bojask had been standing in front of what appears to be a secret door that had been opened. The secret door opens to a passageway going farther south. The party gets into "a" formation and goes south and around the bend to the west. Eric stops just before a door.

Historically, Muninn ... the companion raven that Lin had ... was the primary door-checker as that raven had uncanny senses, usually backed up by Visto. But now that Lin and her pets Muninn and Crysti are both gone, the best senses (you think) belong to Visto to determine danger. Does Visto want to be up front for safety, or does he think his best position is in the far back?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

With Visto potentially having the best senses of the team, he's willing to be up front in case he can notice something before it can hurt his friends.