New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Second Darkness [Shadow in the Sky] (IC)

Sadly, the Gold Goblin does NOT have a bath. It's not meant to be a full-service hotel. Just a place to gamble and get a room. You could have a tub brought up and hot water drawn, but given the extra work by employees, that is NOT covered by free room and board. That is a luxury.

Rodriguez, any input from you?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez gives a little shrug”Well I’m a little less eager for some good old fashioned trog slaying, I’m up for helping out, especially if the prospect of a discount at the bar might be on the table.” Rodriguez gives sol a very large and obvious wink.

3. - Top - End - #303

During the few days of rest and interim, a loud rattling and clatter is heard that proves to be tiny falling objects clattering on the roofs and streets of the city from a clear sky. At first assumed to be hail, examination reveals it to be tiny pieces of porous black rock—looking almost volcanic in nature but defying all identification. This initial storm does no noticeable damage, but after 2 minutes, the rocks increase in size and begin cracking shingles, ripping awnings, and pelting anyone who remains outside. The bronze dome of the Gold Goblin rings like a bell during the onslaught. This larger hail of stones lasts for only a few seconds. When all is said and done, there are several dozen casualties and hundreds of gold pieces of damage to property and ships. The stones themselves remain for a few more minutes, covering the ground before they suddenly evaporate into nothingness. Attempts to classify the material before it fades meet with failure—the stones feel like granite, but float in water and are strangely cold to the touch.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"I didn't think I'd see a day where training to dodge the rain would have a use."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto will obviously head out after the strange hail and check to see if there's anyone he can help, injured but not dead, obviously.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

6. - Top - End - #306

Though Visto is freaky to look at, his healing powers are much appreciated!

Anyone else in this time, or just mark the event as having happened?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Examining the fallen stones until they disintegrate in his hands, Ozzy grumbles, ”I remember when the only strangeness in Riddleport was the cypher gate and the mad experiments the Fancyboys and girls would magic up every now and then. Now we have gulls going mad, weather vanes tearing themselves apart, and now conjured hailstones.”

8. - Top - End - #308

Sunday, 27 Gozran 4708 AR

Today is a quiet day to rest or thank your various religions for success thus far.

Moonday, 28 Gozran

More business related to post-battle operations.

Toilday, 29 Gozran

All of the post-battle administration (see above) is now complete. What does the party intend?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez starts preparing his rather small set of gear before addressing his companions.”I guess it’s time we went to handle those troglodytes huh? We might want some nose plugs.”

10. - Top - End - #310

Sol shrugs apologetically. "Sorry, I don't have an alchemical solution. I mean, there are alchemical solutions. I just don't have them."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozzy

"Any idea what those alchemical solutions would run us?" Ozzy asks Sol before continuing, "Assuming we could find somewhere that sells them."

12. - Top - End - #312

"Yes, actually," says Sol. "Now, mind you, I imagine we want to get this done, so I don't have time to concoct these items; and even if I did, I can't afford my own lab right now. But if you do want something, I know that troglodyte musk is gut-wrenching. I don't know how incapacitating it is. Regardless, though, soothe syrup is the best thing to get ... from slightly head-woozying to full gut-heaving, soothe syrup is great at battling nausea and queasiness. It usually costs 25 gold coins for a half-pound bottle. Expensive, but really effective for an hour after drinking."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto seems to have no real opinion on the subject. He just want to be helpful to his friends.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

”I’ll put in gold for it if we all want to get some. I think it’s a worthwhile investment personally. Sol, would we each need our own bottle or could we split one?”

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

”Your right, it’s a steep price.” Ozlech says as he considers his purse, “Still I feel it’s better to be prepared than to die from stench. I am off to a quick run to the apothecary to pick up a bottle and then I should be ready to go. Anyone else?”

Ozlech will wait a while if others wish to join him and then set out to find and purchase a bottle of soothe syrup.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Not sure if we skipped doing our daily prep or if we are heading to fight trogs tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #316

Spoiler: Daily Prep
    Show
    If anyone wants to change their daily prep, lemme know. My interp was that you were going down to fight stinkmeat (a derogatory, bigoted, racially-charged epithet for troglodytes).

Sol says, "I'll go with you to point out what might or might not work? But sorry, alchemy is a lot like potions. There is no 'reduced efficacy' for taking a portion of an alchemical medicinal. It's all or nothing, regardless of size of customer."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I’ll go as well. None for you Apophis, I’m not made of money.” he gives his eidolon a consoling pat on the head.

18. - Top - End - #318

Does Rod dismiss Apophis?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

He’ll keep him summoned, but he won’t be shilling out to get him any soothe syrup. He’ll just buy a bottle for himself.
    Last edited by AggressiveBread; 2021-12-15 at 11:09 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320

Okay, Sol guides you to an apothecary.

Who is buying soothe syrup, and how much?

Is anyone interested in purchasing any other alchemical concoctions? This is a place for alchemical unguents and the like and NOT for alchemist's fire and other "alchemical weapons."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto will get a vial for himself too.

22. - Top - End - #322

Visto drops down three platinum coins! He gets 5 gold change and a tiny bottle of soothe syrup.

Rod drops 25 gold for his little bottle.

Sol doesn't buy any.

Ozzy buys a bottle, and puts it in an empty pocket of his bandolier.

Eric, do you purchase any soothe syrup?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric purchases one bottle as well.

"I hope that's a sweet syrup !"
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

24. - Top - End - #324

The group then heads back to the Gold Goblin, and making sure they have Used-to-be-Saul's prosthetic key, and are now at the trapdoor in the basement in the center of the fighting pit.

Any preps or precautions? Who is going to do what first? Any kind of descent/ marching order intended?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez will drink his bottle of soothe syrup now.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

With Visto's perception, he will take the lead in hopes that his senses will catch possible attacks before we stumble into them. Before they go in, he makes a point to invest some of his power in his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    VIsto will form an Akashic Bond with Eric, Rod, and Apophis, investing 2E into each of them and granting them the benefits of his Ferocity Vivification.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2021-12-19 at 09:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Rather than the empty bandolier Ozzy normally walks around town with, he will have most of his tricks close to hand before descending.

He will add his flask of Acid to the Bandolier, his smokestick, and any other items he can have near at hand before he sets off.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not sure what all fits on the bandolier since it says ‘objects the size of a flask or small dagger’ but if Ozzy can fit his smokestick, thunderstones, caltrops, and flint and steel in the thing he would.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric takes the second place in the move order, ready to move forward or backward if needed. Since the Gold Goblin gives them access to rooms, he leaves the camping part of his supplies in there.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So bedroll, rations, pot, soap and mess kit stays behind. That's still not enough to get out of medium encumbrance anyway.

29. - Top - End - #329

As the group descends below, they find the tunnel is humid and stinks of sea salt and troglodyte musk.

The group has to jam into a relatively small area after closing and locking the hatch. The hatch actually locks and unlocks easily from this side, so if an escape is needed and you don't have Saul's Key, you will be fine.

A gaping pit drops away along the eastern wall of this cavern, descending twenty feet to a sloshing pool of water below. The pit’s sides are steeply sloped and slick with moss, but are also covered with many rough ledges and protrusions. A series of wooden ladders and ropes descends along these walls to a ledge below, just around the edge of the pool.

The walls appear to be rough and slick - a difficult climb if attempted. The ladders appear fragile, but are likely to be surprisingly secure, if clumsy trogs traverse up and down to steal wine.

Once down, Sol will bang a sunrod, which completely fills this small area with light.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-12-21 at 12:16 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric drinks his syrup and looks for passageways in the small room.