New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Second Darkness [Shadow in the Sky] (IC)

Visto nods and backs away a bit, just in case enemies come hurling out to attack.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AggressiveBread View Post
    ”Be my guest. Not sure what to expect in there though.” Rodriguez will stand to the side of the door with Apophis and wait for Sol to do his thing.
    Apophis follows him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
    Visto nods and backs away a bit, just in case enemies come hurling out to attack.
    So, Visto will just stay put.

Kwava will go up to the stairs. Solidarity, but as an outsider not at the "front."

What about Eric and Ozzy and Ginny?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric gets closer to the door as well.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozzy will move up with Ginny to be near Kwava.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2021-06-14 at 03:42 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

It takes Sol only 30 seconds to unlock the door (more to the south/west). He then steps back to let sturdier folk open the door. Since he only unlocked one door, that means the group will have to go into the Goblin in file.

What now?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez will gesture to let Eric through first. He takes a deep breath and prepares himself to move in after.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric opens the door and steps inside, his weapon in hand just in case.
    Last edited by silphael; 2021-06-18 at 03:09 AM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #68

Rodriguez will gesture to let Eric through first. Erik opens the door and steps inside, his weapon in hand just in case. Rodriguez takes a deep breath and moves in after Eric. Apophis falls in line behind his master.

Two men quickly close, one from each side where they were hidden by alcoves. Red moved out a distance, but Blue simply stepped out and shouts, "Who the hell are you?! Get outta here!" It is sudden and jarring to Eric.

Begin Round One ...

R1T28:
    Kwava unslings his bow and takes a careful look around. Not seeing anything, he relaxes his grip a little on his bow and looks to Sol. "You should go in. Your friends aren't known."

R1T23: Sol moves into the Gold Goblin, just ducking a reflexive punch from Red. "Hey, guys! Wait, stop. Sol here. These are my friends. What the heck is going on here? Where is Saul?"

R1T19: Eric, okay, this bouncer is actually scared you some. But you see that's what they are. They have short swords still in scabbards, and the one that swung at Sol seemed to do so out of reflex as quickly as Sol was zipping by. What do you do?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric takes his stance, but doesn't attack for now, getting ready.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Entering Inner Sphere Stance (+2 dodge bonus to AC, +2 to will saves).

Readying a Guard's Oath if they don't talk/lower weapons.

Attack - (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[10]
    If that hits, Will save DC 15 or be cursed for 24 hours. While so cursed, all moves in my threatened area provoke. Dropping all weapons gives a new save.

10. - Top - End - #70

R1T19: Eric takes his stance, but doesn't attack for now, getting ready.

R1T18: Rodriguez, what do you do?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Casting a defensive spell on his eidolon, Rodriguez will move up behind Eric and motion for Apophis to follow. He whispers to his eidolon.”Don’t strike unless they attack first buddy. Try to get up high to pounce if you need to.” he will keep his weapon ready.
    Show
    SA: cast shield on Apophis
    MA: move in beside Eric

12. - Top - End - #72

R1T18: Casting a defensive spell on his eidolon, Rodriguez moves up next to Eric (and a bouncer punches at him) and motion for Apophis to follow. He whispers to his eidolon.”Don’t strike unless they attack first buddy. Try to get up high to pounce if you need to.” He keeps his weapon ready.

R1T15: Ozlech, what do you do? What do direct Ginny to do?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozzy will wave Visto over in case the raised voices inside turn to sounds of combat. He will also enter his combat stance and stick close to Kwava, directing Ginny to, ”Stay close.”

Show
    Combat stance here meaning Aura of Misfortune.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2021-06-18 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to name that stance.

14. - Top - End - #74

R1T15: Ozzy will wave Visto over in case the raised voices inside turn to sounds of combat. He will also enter his combat stance and stick close to Kwava, directing Ginny to, ”Stay close.”

R1T14: Apophis enters, blocking a bouncer from being able to get to his master.

R1T12: An arrow shoots down from the catwalks above to hit Sol in his hip for 7. He lets out a cry of pain.

R1T9-6: Red sidesteps Rodriguez to attack the wounded man (Sol) with a short sword he draws, only to have his weapon pushed by a deflection field. Another bouncer (Green) comes double-moving in from the north, having come from the area of the northern bar, short sword drawn.. Blue sidesteps Apophis to flank with Sol, drawing his short sword, but the strange shadows of the day coming in through shuttered light confuses him. Yet another bouncer (Brown) comes from the are of the swinging door, short sword drawn.

R1T5: Visto, angry shouts of battle inside. What do you do? I hear the Isle of Kortos is beautiful this time of year.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto takes a moment to think about a future island vacation. He then heads up towards Ozzy, ready this time to actually help in the fight if need be.

Spoiler
    Show

Free action: As combat has started, Visto generates his first point of Temporary E and invests it directly into Soothing Rain

Double Move action towards the building

16. - Top - End - #76

R1T5: Visto takes a moment to think about a future island vacation. He then heads up towards Ozzy, ready this time to actually help in the fight if need be.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T28-27.5:
    He then goes up the stairs and inside, rushing past the group of bodies to get a little bit beyond while pulling out his bow. One thing you all note is that while Kwava is a whopping 6' 7" (and gaunt as hell at 122 lbs.), his legs are quite short for his frame. He has a quite a long torso and arms, and doesn't move as quickly as you think he would, even using his knuckles to push himself along at times. Kwava calls out, "It is clear, Sol, this has gone to violence."

His hawk Ganmeed then flies in to follow him, gaining some altitude (10').

R2T26: An arrow flies down from the catwalk, but Eric had seen the movement early enough to sidestep.

R2T23: "Yup," Sol nods ruefully, gritting through the pain, "we tried the peaceful way, and that is what matters. Having tried, we commit to battle."

He concentrates carefully, and fire is formed from his upturned palm. He makes a clumsy attack, but in a surprising success he illustrates that these bouncers are not quick-footed. His fiery hand touches Red's stomach and a part of that fire grows and splits off to burn the man for 9 fire. The man screams in pain, having been disabled.

R2T22: More movement on the catwalks above, as the folks up there aren't trying to move slow and stealthy anymore.

R2T19: Eric, you are still shaken. Battle is now committed as snipers above are helping bouncers below. What do you do?
    Spoiler: Silphael
    Show
    I do apologize, because I ignored your readied action. That said, at least you get a full round worth of actions and no ping-ponging on intiative.

Rod on deck, Ozzy in the hole, Ginny delaying ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-06-20 at 07:12 PM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Shaken but not broken, Eric roars, stepping closer to Red, and tries a vicious strike.

Show
    Swift Action, Encouraging Roar, +2 morale bonus to attack and damage for 1 round for the whole party.
    5 foot step to get closer to Red (I suppose it's Red that's under my middle counter on map ?).
    Standard Action, Thirsty Axe Strike at Red : if it hits I gain the damage dealt as THP.
    (no modifier added, whether from shaken or my roar.
    Attack - (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[9]

18. - Top - End - #78

R2T19: Shaken but not broken, Eric roars, stepping closer to Red, and with a vicious strike cuts open the disabled man's abdomen for 11, dropping him.

R2T18: Rod, you just saw a man get disemboweled in front of you. Anyway, what do you do?

Ozlech in the hole ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Seeing the vicious display Rodriguez will let out a roar of his own. Breaking into a chanting chorus. He surrounds himself with small wispy spirits, and moves to engage the green bouncer. As he does so, he will shout,”Give em’ hell boys!”
    Show
    SA: raging song, effects(+2 STR/CON)(+1 will save)(-1 AC)(Lesser Spirit totem rage power)
    MA: Move directly south of the green bouncer

20. - Top - End - #80

R2T18: Seeing the vicious display Rodriguez will let out a roar of his own. Breaking into a chanting chorus, he surrounds himself with small wispy spirits, and moves to engage the green bouncer. As he does so, he will shout,”Give em’ hell boys!”

Even though his raging song and movement has Rod planting his feet to prepare for combat, the ghostly wisps show that of a shrieking, enraged woman with garlands in her hair lashing out at hands with sharpened claws!

R2T15: Ozlech, you are in a stance which seems to echo the misfortune of whatever spirits have come to Rodriguez's age. Do you accept the raging song for this round? What do you do?

Apophis on deck, Ginny delaying, Sniper on catwalk in the hole ...
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Moving just east of Apophis, Ozlech scans the scene. Choosing his targets, Ozlech shouts, "Ginny! Attack my targets!"

Ozzy then shifts his essence to unleash his strongest attack with his Riven Darts on the nearby bouncers.

Show
    Move action: Move to the square East of Apophis.
    FA: Give Ginny attack orders.
    Swift Action: Dump 3 Essence into Riven Darts. Leave the remaining Essence in Light Whip.
    Standard Action: Fire 4 darts two targeting Blue two targeting Orange. As usual no modifiers applied.

Attacks on Blue
    RTA1: (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage1: (4d4)[10] Force Damage
    RTA2: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage2: (4d4)[8] Force Damage

Attacks on Orange
    RTA1: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage1: (4d4)[8] Force Damage
    RTA2: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage2: (4d4)[9] Force Damage

22. - Top - End - #82

R2T15: Moving just east of Apophis, Ozlech scans the scene. Choosing his targets, Ozlech shouts, "Ginny! Attack my targets!"

Ozzy prepares to shift his essence, but then realizes that veils is as full as it can be. No matter, he unleashes his strongest attack, his riven darts, into two of the bouncers. Two of the darts fire at Blue, hitting him in the groin for 8 force and the chest for another 8 force, dropping him. And a third dart hits Brown in the right foot for 7 force.

R2T14.5: Ginny flies in at the same time and beaks Brown in the left shoulder at the lung for 5, dropping him.

R2T14: Apophis takes the raging song! He then wriggles up a support column to the catwalk supports above, and from those supports, he gets to a catwalk to engage a sniper.

R2T12: That sniper takes out a rapier, holding his bow in off hand, though the blade slides off of scales on the attack. He then steps back.

R2T5: Visto, do you take the raging song this round? What do you do?

Kwava on deck, Ganmeed in the hole ...
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto does not allow the magic of the song to fill him, but hurries himself toward the building, already regretting how far back he chose to stand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nonaction: Gain 1 Temp E and immediately invest it into Soothing Rain (For 2 total)
    Nonaction: Refuse Raging Song
    Move action x2: Move closer to the entry. With his move speed, he won't make it inside, but he'll be close.

24. - Top - End - #84

R2T5: Visto does not allow the magic of the song to fill him, but hurries himself toward the building, already regretting how far back he chose to stand.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T28-27.5:
    Kwava ignores the song and repositions, shooting up at the catwalk. He directs his hawk, which then flies up to the catwalk and attacks someone there.

R3T27-24: Combat in catwalks.

R3T23: Sol closes on Bouncer-Green to graze the man's neck for 4 fire.

R3T22-21: Combat in catwalks.

R3T19:Eric, it is a testament to the fallen bouncer's warrior spirit that you still carry fear with you. Do you accept the raging song? What do you do?

Rod on deck, Ozzy in the hole ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Refusing the rage, Eric gathers his resentment toward the last remaining bouncer, steps closer, and attempts to strike as his weapon briefly turns ghostly.

Show
    Non-action : refuse rage (it only grants me hp, sadly)
    Swift action, claim on the bouncer (grants me one vitae, and I get +2 morale attack and damage bonus vs claimed targets).
    Move action, get in melee range (south-east from the bouncer)
    Standard Action, Raging Scepter Strike (hits touch AC, can apply Risky Strike (which I do apply here))

Attack - (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage - (1d8+6)[9]
    (No modifier applied)

26. - Top - End - #86

R3T19:Refusing the rage, Eric gathers his resentment toward the last remaining bouncer, steps closer, and attempts to strike as his weapon briefly turns ghostly and just misses the man, Eric's fear still affecting him.

R3T18: Rod, all enemies on this level are down, and there is a fight with Apophis and Ganmeed in the catwalks, for whatever that's worth. Do you keep up the raging song?

Ozzy on deck, Ginny in the hole ...
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez continues his song as he casts a spell on Eric.”This should help if you need to get up those stairs.”
    Show
    FA:continue raging song
    SA cast feather step on Eric
    MA move to take cover behind the green thing in the center of the room.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozlech moves to ascend to the catwalk from the nearest point he can see, reallocating Essence to his defense as he goes. He will also message Ginny Telepathically.

Spoiler: Ozlech >>> Ginny
    Show
    Ginny, fly up and support Apophis.

Show
    FA: Telepathy Ginny
    SwA: Allocate Essence. Moving 2 Essence from Riven Darts to Ring of the Abjurer.
    MA: Move to nearest visible means of ascent (That stairway or ladder in the middle? Maybe?)
    SA: Continue movement or begin climbing.

29. - Top - End - #89

R3T18: Rodriguez' screaming mimi tears into the fallen green bouncer, likely killing him for sure. Rod continues his song as he casts a spell on Eric.”This should help if you need to get up those stairs.”

R3T15: Ozlech moves to ascend to the catwalk from the nearest point he can see ... but realizes he doesn't see any easy way up to the catwalk. He reallocates Essence to his defense as he goes and messages Ginny telepathically.
    Spoiler: Ozzy >>> Ginny
    Show
    Ginny, fly up and support Apophis.
    Of course, that is what she is already doing!

He spends the remainder of his round looking for a way up from where he is, and doesn't see anything.

R3T14.9: Ginny, accepting the song, is now totally flitting up in the catwalk area, so hidden from below. She acrobatically darts past two enemies and talons one of them for 9 and flies past.

R3T14: Apophis, still with the song, slithers forward and bites a now-flanked enemy for 10, and he falls off the catwalk to the ground below, unmoving.

R3T5: Visto, what do you do?

Kwava/ Ganmeed on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto finally enters the building alongside his allies, and immediately takes off into the air to get a better view of the enemy. He moves up at least 10 feet into the air and compares his location compared to those of his enemies/allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nonaction: Gain 1 Temp E and allocate it to The Cyclone.
    Double Move action, Moving as far into the room as possible, while also making 10 feet into the air if possible, to avoid hindering his allies.