New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Second Darkness [Shadow in the Sky] (IC)

R2T23: Now that the boar has attacked, Visto allows the rush of combat to overtake him, and immediately pushes himself upward into the air, hoping to avoid the followup strike as he does. But Hope is not on the menu as the boar crits his right shin for 12. Once clear of the boar, though, Visto focuses his energy and then creates the sound of thunder past the boar, hoping to disorient it, but it only takes 4 sonic.

R2T22: Apophis looks to Rod, delaying ...

R2T21: Rodriguez, what do you do?

Ozzy on deck, Sol in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez will rub his hands together and cast a spell on Apophis to sharpen his fangs. He will then shout,
    ”Apophis, tear that pig to bits! Hit em’ with the aerial pounce we practiced!”
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    STA: cast magic fang on Apophis (bite)
    Free: verbal command (reminder that he has branch pounce).

3. - Top - End - #243

R2T21: Rodriguez will rub his hands together and cast a spell on Apophis to sharpen his fangs. He will then shout, ”Apophis, tear that pig to bits! Hit em’ with the aerial pounce we practiced!”

R2T20: Apophis climbs off the sides of the overlooking catwalks to the underside of the catwalk supports, and carefully positions himself above the boar, ready to drop down.

R2T19: Ozzy, what do you do?

Sol on deck, Ginny in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Spoiler: Ozlech >>> Ginny
    Show
    ”Ginny head down and get it’s attention, then I’ll teleport in to hit it!”

Show
    Delay for Ginny to attack first.

5. - Top - End - #245

R2T19:
    Spoiler: Ozzy >>> Ginny
    Show
    ”Ginny head down and get it’s attention, then I’ll teleport in to hit it!”
    Ozzy then waits for Ginny to attack.

R2T18: Ginny flies down and pecks the pig on the pelvis for 5 while puissantly parting ways from it.

R2T16: Sol hovers and tosses a bomb down at it and burns it for 10 fire.

R2T8: The horribly wounded pig tries jumping up at Sol.

R2T7: Eric, what do you do?

Visto on deck, Rod in the hole ...
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric jumps down in the arena, and takes his stance.

Show
    Move action to jump down there, swift action to enter Inner Sphere Stance (+2 dodge AC, +2 Will saves).
    If I can still move, second move action to get close.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #247

R2T7: Eric jumps down in the arena, but it is not as graceful as hoped as it is a hard landing for 2 and he is prone. Eric stands up and the boar tries to gore him, but fails. Eric gets into stance.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T23:
    Visto, what do you do? You are at a 10' altitude.

Rod on deck, Apophis in the hole ...
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto focuses again on the boar, creating another crack of thunder, and then moves a small distance in order to keep himself in the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nonaction: Generate 1 TE and invest it into The Uproar
    Standard action: Activate The Uproar, targetting the boar.

Boar must make a DC 16 Fort save or take (4d4)[11] Sonic damage and be deafened for 1 minute and flat-footed for a round. Passing means half damage and only deafened for 1 round.

Move action: Move ten in a random direction, mostly just to keep himself in the air.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

9. - Top - End - #249

R3T23: Visto focuses again on the boar, creating another crack of thunder, and then moves a small distance in order to keep himself in the air. But the crack of thunder is enough to drop the boar.

Combat Ends ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto returns to the ground and presses his hand against the wound he suffered from the boars second attack, infusing his healing power into it to seal it back up and restore himself to full strength, before checking the boar to see if it is still alive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Unicorn Feathering on self to heal the damage he's taken during this fight. Visto will also perform whatever Heal checks are needed to determine if the boar is alive or not. He would rather not kill it if he doesn't have to.

11. - Top - End - #251

Over the course of the next several seconds, Visto's wounds will fully heal.

Checking on the boar, unlike a bleeding out, this sturdy beast fought right up until the sonic damage caused its heart to explode in its chest. There was no period of unconsciousness.

Anyone/ everyone else?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozzy

From his position in the audience seating, Ozzy applauds those down in (or flying above) the fight pit and says, "Well fought. Perhaps a bit one sided, but for free admission it wasn't a bad show at all."

"I do have a couple of questions." Ozzy continues blithely, "Firstly, I question why our recently deceased porcine friend, whom I presume to be Pigsaw, was out of his cage and wandering the arena. Secondly, and most pressingly, does anyone here have skill in butchery? Food is a terrible thing to waste you see, especially if it is free."

13. - Top - End - #253

Ozzy knows that Visto is the group's best survivalist.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Damn, now I have to find a way back up."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

15. - Top - End - #255

Sol looks around with the sunrod. "Hey, Visto. Ozzy has a point. I think that was a sort of guardian. Let's say we do a real careful check down here. It's gonna take awhile though. You got a problem with that?

"Oh, and Eric?"
    he gets the dhampir's attention and points out as appropriate. "Those are the exit gates from the look of things with stairs."
    Spoiler: Eric
    Show
    Don't worry about exact placement. They're there.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

”Ginny give them a hand looking around. You may not have eagle vision, but it’s a fair bit better than my eyes.” Ozzy calls out to Ginny then goes over to the exit gate to help Eric with it if he wishes to climb out of the arena.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto will help Sol with checking out the area. To Ozzy's comment, he will respond quickly. "Visto possesses no such blades or tools to butcher the Boar he killed. Visto would need to borrow such tools in order to make any work of the Boar."

18. - Top - End - #258

"Don't worry," says Sol. "We have a fully-stocked, professional kitchen. I'm sure we have whatever you need. And this might provide a celebration dinner for us!"

It is going to take a whopping amount of time ... just shy of three hours ... for Visto and Sol to do a complete search of the entire fighting pit area. There are worries that it is a waste of time, but the two sharp-eyed folk find a secret door buried under the sand at the center of the pit. But the secret door is locked and possesses a thick keyhole mechanism.

What does the party do?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozzy will head to the trapdoor upon it’s discovery and produce Saul’s prosthetic arm which ends in a key and compare it to the lock.

Should it appear to be a match, Ozzy asks, ”Should I give it a try? Hope this hidden door isn’t also rigged with something nasty…”

Should opinion be that he use the key, he will attempt to open the trapdoor, should someone else step up he will pass them the key prosthetic.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto will check the trapdoor for any signs of sound on the other side before he gives his agreement. If he hears something, he'll mention it first.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric gets close to Ozzy and nods.

"Let's try it then."

22. - Top - End - #262

Ozzy uses the strange key prosthetic, and sure enough, there is a thick "cha-clunk" sound as the lock disengages.

The lock is undone. Everyone is assumed to be now in the pit by what is obviously a secret trap door. What do you do next? Do you lift the trap door immediately or do anything else?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez rubs his hands together in anticipation.
    ”Fingers crossed it’s a secret treasure vault.”

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

"I hope it's a treasure vault too Rod." Ozzy says as he attempts to open the trapdoor, "Though we may need to discuss with Sol on what we would be allowed to get our grubby fingers on."

Show
    Ozzy will take the plunge and open the trap door.

25. - Top - End - #265

The trap door is opened, and everyone's nostrils are assaulted by a horrible stench. It seems to be like the smell that some of you may have smelled in the wine cellar, but at a far higher concentration. Visto is able to detect certain notes that help assist Sol with his own olfactory determination.

"Troglodytes," Sol says grimly.

The trap door opens up into a small space with a ladder going down to yet another trap door.

"Smuggler's tunnels," says Sol, "pretty common feature in Riddleport, or so I've been told. I guess Sol was trying to escape to here, then. At least that part makes sense as to why he came down here."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Visto wonders where the other end may lead. Should Visto lead the way?" Visto asks this question while drawing a Sunrod from his bag, ready to light it if the path isn't well lit.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

”We sure we want to rush into this straight away?” Ozzy asks and continues the line of thought, “I am all for getting my olfactory senses assaulted by trogs, but we did leave Kwava behind to guard Saul and this seems important enough to inform him of. May also be time to question Saul about where this trapdoor leads and what is waiting for us. Maybe also ask where his safe is…

28. - Top - End - #268

"Yeaaahhhh....." says Sol, thinking. "We've had a hell of a battle. I think we should close and lock this back up, and then tend to the aftermath of this battle before trying new things."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Yes, let's be sure that Kwava is safe, and that we can interrogate Saul."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto nods. "Visto understands and apologizes. Let Visto and Friends go and check on Friend Kwawa and Foe Saul."